• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I just powershield her missles while approaching. I also keep into account those charged power shots. I do this if we're even in stock or if she is in the lead. If I'm in the lead I camp in 1spot. She can throw all the missles and charge shots she wants.

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
oh common... timing out a Samus? theres no need really unless the samus is ****** the **** outta you, in which case you wouldnt win....

And toad is not a BAD option if its to reflect a Missile... how can you possibly miss a toad with Smaus's missiles... just saying.

Zair is annoying, so powershielding and dodge is our strong.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
William, it isn't really the actual timeout, but just the playstyle. If you don't approach, then they are forced to approach you. Then the game becomes a ton easier, especially with Peach, who has an amazing defensive game

Also, I don't really know much about toad, but itsn't Peach vulnerable a little bit after you toad something like a missile? Like after the spores, come out, can't you hit peach with something else? I'd imagine more missiles/zairs would be coming your way, but idk

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Alright, enough.

lloD is (for the most part) correct about what he's talking about. He's a top Peach player and his own brother has a very good Samus.

Although I disagree with some of his claims most of it is correct. I can back this up from playing against Xyro's Samus at least every week.

In my opinion the matchup is even.

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Yes Samus can hit you after the toad, but the idea is to hit samus with it, if you hit samus you wont get punished... now the point is not to over-use toad, use it as an unexpected attack.

About MU percents i dont really care how much is it.

A good idea is to vary your moves, all of her Tilts are **** in this MU, so is her aerials, just know when to use em. Approaching Samus is complex, but once youre in you can seriously built in some damage and go back to your Defense. Spam turnip.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Wow ha this has to be tested!

Although I'll feel kinda dumb if its already been proven whether or not she can or can't ha. But, I haven't seen anything that has mentioned it so maybe she can? Her pivot grab has an unusually long range to it, so I was thinking that it might actually be possible.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure everyone in the game can pivot grab MK out of tornado if he's close enough to the ground. If IC's can pivot grab him out of it (which they can), I'd guess everyone can. Just a guess though, I'm not 100% sure.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure everyone in the game can pivot grab MK out of tornado if he's close enough to the ground. If IC's can pivot grab him out of it (which they can), I'd guess everyone can. Just a guess though, I'm not 100% sure.
Yea I am pretty sure she can too, thats why I mentioned it. Peach's don't pivot grab too much so yea I'm not 100 percent but her pivot grab has insane range to it.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Yeah, I heard a while ago (as in 1+ years) that everyone can pivot grab mk out of tornado, but whenever I tried it (this was a long time ago) it never worked... It probably works, and my spacing just sucks, so it's worth the testing

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I kinda thought the pivot grab thing was probably something already known. The only thing about it is Meta's won't be spamming nadoes, so despite the fact that she probably can, it would be really hard to pull off. But, I did notice that Peach's ftilt knocks him out of a nado though. It was like at the tip of the ftilt's range though so I don't know if that applies to the entire hitbox of the move or not.

Its well known that the golf club and the pan can knock him out of a nado though, but ftilt is significantly faster so it could be a better option.

gantrain05

Smash Master
she can pivot grab him out of it, along with the rest of the cast. It's not very practical however, unless you're playing a super spammy predictable MK. you need quite a bit of a read on him to pull it off.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
u can.

anyway i need help dealing w/ MK's fair. especially when i'm in the air or in float or sumtin. I mean when I c it on the ground I can just turnip or dash atk but it's still a super gay move.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
SDI the fair into bair punishes. I do it consistently against M2K in national tournaments.

>____>

<____<

Yea

LanceStern

Smash Lord
That doesn't make sense Meno... they are usually spacing the fair so that just the tip of the sword hits you and then they are retreating it

That's some heavy and QUICK SDI

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Yes, avoid being in the air that much, focus on ranking damage to MK by turnips, grabs, running A, and punish Nairs and bairs, save the Fair for when he has about 110+%, it should be a crit hit if totally fresh.

:)

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I have started using sh dair alot more instead of floating dair alot more recently. I think its actually be better than floating dair. Opponents usually expect a floating dair from Peach, so its a nice mixup with the same ability to combo. Even if you miss it you can still jab, etc. immediately after you land. It can combo into moves like ftilt to utilt.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
i actually lost a match because of snakes grenades because i know the timing almost exactly for snake's grenades but and as soon i got ready to throw it, snake put his shield up, i dropped the grenade, it exploded and got Star-KO'd

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
I can't seem to understand how to deal with Snakes or Zero Suit Samus with Peach. I don't understand those match ups.

I can get them down to the last stock but about time I do that I'm already at kill percentage and I hardly win against them.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So I've been thinking

Should someone else have the ownership of this thread? Or should we just unsticky/scrap it?

Tbh, for a long time I've been feeling completely unqualified to own this thread. I don't go to tournaments (heck I don't even live in the US), I hardly ever update the thread, the write ups are done by someone with no tournament experience not to mention they're outdated, I don't have any artistic talent or skill like other members of this board so it looks ugly and wordy and very inaccessible, I stopped hosting the rediscussion threads to the point where other people started doing it...

So I'd like some people's opinions - should someone else own this thread or make a new one? I feel I've run my course. I do have free time during this Easter break I have so I could do some massive trimming/editing if people wanted me to do but I wanted to actually check with the Peach Boards as to whether myself and this thread are obsolete. How do people feel?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I personally think it's fine the way it is.
In terms of editing, just add links/points from the rediscussion match-ups to the old ones.

The information might be slightly outdated, but some of it is still good to know/keep in mind. We can try to encourage people to post opinions on any match-ups you think are extremely outdated, but other than that I don't see any reason why you should give the ownership up.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah i agree, i think ur doin a fine job Rick, it doesn't need to be anything fancy. It gets the job done.

also just curious, is there an active peach MU/strategy discussion thread? most of the peach threads seem dead other than the social, which i unsubscribed from because it really doesn't ever have anything interesting to say.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Peach has a grab release on MK. It's similar to the grab release on Squirtle, but the dash attack will hit on the 2nd hit instead of the 1st. Its not that useful though.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah, ur better off just Dthrow and following up, the only legit grab release is on the smashville platform where u can Usmash him out of a release lol.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hmm ok well if people aren't happy then let me know

Peach has a grab release on MK. It's similar to the grab release on Squirtle, but the dash attack will hit on the 2nd hit instead of the 1st. Its not that useful though.
Are you sure about this? Last time I checked, it was the 2nd hit of Dash Attack that hit Squirtle out of a grab release and not the 1st. Also, the 2nd hit of Dash attack juuuust misses MK because he can either jump or he lands just in time to shield and avoid it...or this might have been Fair, I'm not sure :x

At least, that's what I remember, I haven't checked in ages so I could very well be wrong

*runs off to check again*

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
yeah, ur better off just Dthrow and following up, the only legit grab release is on the smashville platform where u can Usmash him out of a release lol.
Not with Peach, right?

Her Upsmash doesn't reach the platform on Smashville, but it does on Battlefield.

Even then, Peach runs too slot to run up and land her Upsmash on Meta.

:peach:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
On the platform, PG.

If you grab him on it in the way the platform is moving, we get a KO release.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Not with Peach, right?

Her Upsmash doesn't reach the platform on Smashville, but it does on Battlefield.

Even then, Peach runs too slot to run up and land her Upsmash on Meta.

no no no, with peach, standing on the moving smashville platform, facing the direction it is moving, u can grab release Usmash MK. do it exactly like u would wario, buffer a dash and Usmash him.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
no no no, with peach, standing on the moving smashville platform, facing the direction it is moving, u can grab release Usmash MK. do it exactly like u would wario, buffer a dash and Usmash him.
OHH~

I see what you mean now. Very good to know. I'll test this out...

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I think we should have a serious update on our character write ups. I will try my best to be online tonight and I think our character should be Diddy Kong. I will have my input tonightif possible.

Top Bottom