• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

_clinton

Smash Master
Ness' Fair is clearly too awesome. I think of it being used as much as Marth players love to short hop Fair. Luckily, Peach still has her turnips to cure that PK sparkles.
Well to be fair...it is pretty easy for Ness to catch things using his Fair and Nair...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Fair makes the turnips go away when he hits it with them. Personally I prefer catching turnips to make me relive my old melee days. Don't really know which is better for Ness since I haven't played any good Peaches lol.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
What's Peach's best follow up after a grab release?
Could it combo into a sweetspotted Racket?
No. The best Peach has is a dash grab, or a AA combo. But dash grab can be dodged with EIDI but it's tricky. If Peach didn't hold Ness up...(shudders)

_clinton

Smash Master
No. The best Peach has is a dash grab, or a AA combo. But dash grab can be dodged with EIDI but it's tricky. If Peach didn't hold Ness up...(shudders)
Hey...we all know that people like to abuse children like Ness and Lucas because of how much better they are canon wise then everyone else...

Anyway the time Ness and Lucas are stunned for after a ground break is 10 frames...so ask yourself...what does Peach have that can get them under that time (other then a dash grab which can be avoided or a pummel)

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Hey...we all know that people like to abuse children like Ness and Lucas because of how much better they are canon wise then everyone else...

Anyway the time Ness and Lucas are stunned for after a ground break is 10 frames...so ask yourself...what does Peach have that can get them under that time (other then a dash grab which can be avoided or a pummel)
Straight up no lie.. thats probably THE Creepiest thing I have ever seen on SWF.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Other than re grabbing, the best follow up to grab release is forward tilt, it can kill at 150% or so if fresh. At low percents you can connect the f-tilt into the usual stuff you will connect a Peach f tilt into (up tilt, an aerial, or if you predict an air dodge, an upsmash)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Other than re grabbing, the best follow up to grab release is forward tilt, it can kill at 150% or so if fresh. At low percents you can connect the f-tilt into the usual stuff you will connect a Peach f tilt into (up tilt, an aerial, or if you predict an air dodge, an upsmash)
Oh yeah, I forgot Ftilt works too.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Whoops, I misread f-smash and ftilt.

Is Peach's f-tilt useful now? I always used to do accidentally instead of f-smash and running attack in melee.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I used to always get shot in the vajayjay when I used it. Stupid Falco. Once Peach learns how to powersheild lasers the matchup is a joke.

Oh wait, this is brawl lol.

Ummm.... what can f-tilt do in brawl?

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I used to always get shot in the vajayjay when I used it. Stupid Falco. Once Peach learns how to powersheild lasers the matchup is a joke.

Oh.. man .. F-tilt is actually my favorite move.
After chain grabbing f-tilting is great to get in a extra move then throw in a u-tilt.
U- air's are great follow ups, U-Smashes, U-Tilts, N-Airs.
It has a AMAZING sweet spot on Light and Medium characters kills like 150% +
Its good for "Get offa me" situations.. Also for following up after Down Smashes.
It is EXTREMELY fast. (Quickest ground attack - besides jab.)

Its the Bee's knees.
And the Cat's Pajamas.
All in one. <3

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace

Ever since the transition from Melee, which is a more ground-based game, Ftilt became really important in Brawl because the game is now more focused in the air. Ftilt has decent range, a long withstanding hitbox, and is essential for anti-aerial approaches. Peach's Ftilt ***** Short hops.

Well... maybe not Marth's Shorthop Fair, but you get what I mean.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
The peaches are saying that since they can't spam d-smash anymore.
Not really just Peach, but in general. Short hops became so important to everyone's game that to some character it because essential. Think G&W and Marth who often short hop aerials. Or Metaknight's crazy aerial priority. In fact, the Bair/Fair is so important for so many characters that a short hop Bair/Fair can almost apply to anyone since alot of the Bairs are safe and reliable for damage.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
*poke*

Did we ever reach a conclusion for Peach vs Ness? D:

Also, I wanted to bring up something - Jab crouch cancelling. If you've played a good Ike before, you'll know what it is. It's where you jab, crouch and then jab again immediatly. This allows you to perform your 1st jab fairly quickly without performing your 2nd (and in most cases 3rd) jab

I wanted to bring it up because I remembered that Peach's 1st jab has set knockback. I've played around with it and the results have been fairly interesting. The multiple jabs can be DI'ed out of and I think in some cases it can be shielded but I wanted to bring it up all the same and I thought this would be the best place

Thoughts?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
*poke*

Did we ever reach a conclusion for Peach vs Ness? D:

Also, I wanted to bring up something - Jab crouch cancelling. If you've played a good Ike before, you'll know what it is. It's where you jab, crouch and then jab again immediatly. This allows you to perform your 1st jab fairly quickly without performing your 2nd (and in most cases 3rd) jab

I wanted to bring it up because I remembered that Peach's 1st jab has set knockback. I've played around with it and the results have been fairly interesting. The multiple jabs can be DI'ed out of and I think in some cases it can be shielded but I wanted to bring it up all the same and I thought this would be the best place

Thoughts?
I've actually been thinking about this as well.

If you do this right you should actually be able to "lock" the following characters:
Peach
Luigi
Zelda
Samus
Kirby
Olimar
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Marth

Their only real option here is to sdi (adi?) up and away and jump out of this. Of course you don't want that to happen (unless maybe you're slapping them next to a ledge or something) so it would be best to do this 2 or 3 times or something and then go for a grab/ftilt..... which could even be guaranteed at that point.

This could be useful against other characters as well, namely those that have a jab that out speeds peach's jab -> grab but can't out speed jab -> jab. The cool thing is that it would limit their options to two things: shield or spotdodge. It's a guessing game, but an advantageous one.

Oh, and one completely unrelated thing that may be common knowledge: Peach's usmash has a more significant hitbox behind her than in front... so actually doing a reverse running usmash is ideal if you're going to use the move.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Of course you don't want that to happen (unless maybe you're slapping them next to a ledge or something) so it would be best to do this 2 or 3 times or something and then go for a grab/ftilt..... which could even be guaranteed at that point.
That's really cool...

Can we get the sweetspot from the ftilt in these? It'd be a very nice KO setup on characters like Kirby.

Oh, and one completely unrelated thing that may be common knowledge: Peach's usmash has a more significant hitbox behind her than in front... so actually doing a reverse running usmash is ideal if you're going to use the move.
I did not know that. Thanks. :bee:

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Aha, I thought so. This was actually the same in Melee, or at least it was easier to hit the super sweetspot that way. Someone should put this in one of our other threads.

Seeing everything that has been said, I honestly think we should go with what the majority of the people agree upon, and that would be 55:45 in favor of Peach. They're pretty even, it's just that Peach has more to work with in general than Ness does against her. If either side knows the matchup well, then it looks very even.

Top Bottom