• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Alright, seeing as how I actually have time, simply put...

Boxobairs is a technique named after the username Boxob. Simply put, it's just using the Bair in a really epic way. An example would be if Sonic got a star K.O. out of Bair, or Bair was used to kill/gimp the character normally. Boxobairs can also refer to the excessive use of Bairs into actual combos into moar Bairs, this only works if Sonic has decayed his Bair to the point that it doesn't send the opponent anywhere and the opponent is right there for another helping of Bair.

I think Boxobairs are Sonic-specific, I'm not sure if it is even possible for Peach to encorperate Boxobairs into her gam other than the means of the Bair trap.

Oh yeah, I told you the Sonic boarders are insane, we have a useless tech named after another Sonic mainer.

:093:

Just like the KinzEruption that is Ike specific.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
The Praxis Combo is so much better.

Dair > Dair > Uair > Up-B.
Totally impractical because if they airdodge the up-B they can **** you but awesome anyway.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No, Boxobairs ****.

They **** so hard that I was able use Boxobairs on the original creater of them... that is how hard it owns.

:093:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Float doesn't seem that much of a problem. Just SDI if you get caught, don't jump into the ****, spaced Bair work nicely and Uair from underneath seems good.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Stop running into her float and hit her with a Boxobair
Her kill move are in her float, be aware of that
Try not to recover with HA
Learn to smash DI out of Dair
Run away from her float and grabs
Edge guard with Dair
Remember her Turnips have poor range in a sense. Don't run into them

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't know this matchup very well if at all, seeing as i don't have ANY sonic mains anywhere, but it seems to me sonic is a kind of punish type character while peach is a character full of safe approaches, autocancelled arials and high priority attacks, it just seems to me if peach is playing more defensive sonic really won't have many opportunities to punish.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Sonic is a very annoying fight. i think one time my friends sonic got on my nerves so bad i went "arghhh!!! COME HERE YOU LITTLE...." yeah.... i took a few more extra hits than i wanted, but i knew his movements so it was just a breserker mode finish.

Cia

das kwl
My friend (Teczero) calls him "Sonic the Runaway Hedgehog" :laugh:

just be aware that Sonic has a solid anti-air game vs Peach and don't overuse float approach.

Glide toss approach A LOT. and standard combos are enough to handle the match up. 6:4 peach's favor

P.O.P.

Smash Cadet
Quote for truth, at least in Hurt and Heal. Maybe.

Drop turnips~!
The sonic players i have played have a habit of using their up b to bounce in the air the whole time and combine it with air dodges and dairs so that u cant hit them. What you do in this situation is float towards where he is gonna land, w8 for the air dodge or aerial and then counteract their move with a floating aerial. If the sonic is a dash and homing attack abuser, use smashes to outprioritize them because sonic has pretty low priority moves(with the exception of fsmash, bair etc.)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
That's what makes the match up 6:4 instead of Peach having a huge advantage. Peach isn't very fast and faster characters make things just that bit trickier for her. And Sonic is the fastest character out there

The problem is that Sonic's Bair and U Tilt are good at stopping Peach's Floating approach (mainly Bair) so you have to stay on the ground a fair bit. Once you get close to Sonic though, you can Dair him etc etc.

Punishing Up + B ---> Dair is so much fun... xD

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Sonic's utilt is a lifesaver in this match-up.
It's disjoint above him somewhat, so it's good against floating Peach's.

However, other then a well spaced bair, Sonic has no answer to your nair.

From experience, it's 40:60 Peach's favour. I'll write more in a bit, I'm reading something atm.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
this people that play this char just run away the whole time...so annoying
Yup. Too bad you are still in complete control thanks to turnips and down constant down airing. He'll mess up and take hits. Time will get near running out, but there is no way to lose thie matchup if all you do is not approach, throw turnips and down air defensively. You can play your normal game once he finally does approach but til then pressure him that way. I urge everyone to play extremely defensive in this matchup because if you fall for his "Ill run away and punish you for chasing me" game you'll take a lot of hits and maybe lose to really good sonics. However if you do what I'm saying then it's literally impossible to lose the match. Sonic doesn't have any approaches on Peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I am not sure if this was said. But incase it was not: You can gimps sonics recovery if he Up-B's from below and you just grab him.I think you have to pull a grab release on him.But he loses his up-B and drops to his death.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
He can't come back 100% of the time though.
I didnt know about G&W's upB aswell.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
What, I knew about Snake but G&W? oh man.
Against game and watch, a useful tidbit to know is that if he does an aerial right before he UP b's, he cannot sweetspot the ledge on his way upward. I believe he can on his way down ward or he'll just plain overshoot the ledge. If you see him aerial before he UP bs stand next to the ledge and SHIELD GRAB!!!

Edit: Actually, I only heard this, I have no tested the details myself. Must do so later today.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
No. DON'T jab him.

I made a neat discovery a while back....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW5gP1dN-s4

Upon which Stealth Raptor expanded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tF6EWbaorU

Tenki used it to hilarious effect. Grabbing a Sonic during his Dair I believe and making him chase him off the edge where he fell like a rock. XD

If you're aware of air tripping you know that Sonic/Snake/GaW landing on the apex of their upBs can fall helpless if they don't jump/get hit to reset. A grab forces this state.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I am not sure if this was said. But incase it was not: You can gimps sonics recovery if he Up-B's from below and you just grab him.I think you have to pull a grab release on him.But he loses his up-B and drops to his death.
I've done it to Sonic before. It's pretty enjoyable xD

What, I knew about Snake but G&W? oh man.
It's not practical on G&W, due to the fact that no G&W'll recover past the ledge in that fashion. They'll always sweetspot the ledge.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Watch Sonic's fall animation after he's used his Up + B. You'll notice it's different - he spins around rather than falls normally

When he is in this state he cannot use any of his B moves. He can't use his Spin Dash or his Spin Charge or Homing attack or his Spring again when he's in this state unless

- He gets hit (hence why Turnip gimping is useless vs Sonic as Spring recovery >>>> Turnip knockback)
- He gets Footstooled
- He grabs the ledge

Grabbing a Sonic and forcing him to air trip will very very very rarely ever happen thanks to Spinshot, Fair use to help him move forward and (lolno) Homing attack I guess. Most Sonic's only use Spring as recovery as a last resort

Speaking of Spring, don't be an idiot and immediatly drop down from your returning platform when you lose a stock back onto the stage, only to see yourself zooming sky high into the air because Sonic planted a grounded Spring underneath you

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Speaking of Spring, don't be an idiot and immediatly drop down from your returning platform when you lose a stock back onto the stage, only to see yourself zooming sky high into the air because Sonic planted a grounded Spring underneath you
lol

That's what I do in our matches.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Sry if im late but where is the Game&Watch???? In my opinion he has to be the hardest match up i've had in the game... I have some issues with others but his Bair and Dair is annoying as hell.... i try a lot of stuff but doesn't always work...so hard to get through some of his stuff. i can get the Dair sometimes with uptilt timed correctly and i usually just try to shield the bair but eventually the shield will break lol....

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
The game and watch section of this thread is HORRIBLY wrong and outdated. Some of the strategies work but 55-45 is a joke, its more like 60-40 or 65-35. It'll be the first matchup we revisit when we finish all the characters.

Top Bottom