• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

Xyless

Smash Master
Yes at all of those. Only thing you lose is instant smashing and turnip smashing, which pretty much no one does anyways.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I think I'ma try this out...

Only problem with me, is that I hate changing controls, so most likely I'm going to make another tag. lawlalwlal

Xyless

Smash Master
I've made 4 meaningful tags so far on my Wii.

Gary (Default) - For Squirtle
Xyless (Tap Jump Off, R-Jump) - General use
Beach (Tap Jump Off, R-Jump, Special Stick) - for Peach
Ayless (Tap Jump Off, R-Jump, Attack Stick) - for...who knows? Apparently it's also best for Ike

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
thats one set-up into it that I forgot to note.

best set-up into it imo besides tick set-ups

really I just made this vid bc

1. Dark's spacing from the ledge set-up on bob-omb drop bothered me.

2. I wanted to show off one of my toad tricksies :3 <3 counters.

3. Raz talked to me about that... one set-up with the fair

and it hitting

that really should be kept a secret

but im not in the PBR

and raz + ill are offline and Dark is away

and idunno kyons aim

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Not really..

The footstool into an aerial is pretty old. I think you can get a double hit out of Nair from the footstool.

culexus・wau

the fact is that no one uses it though.

its not in the standard peach metagame

I don't even think there is stanard peach metagame.

the cookie cutter peach doesn't exist in my opinion.

I've just seen too much differences in style by peaches

you'd be surprised how many old things no one knows about.

ignorance is a odd thing.

"Frame data is useless"

and whatnot.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

culexus・wau

I would share more set-ups into footstool but I took a vow of secrecy when discussing/figuring them.

sorry :x

culexus・wau

fair has more Knockback/killing power ircc.

I for some reason usually keep my fair fresh so this is a boon for me.

it would be easier yes but I think the rewards is better imo.

I ussually stale my bair/nair a lot because I use them as interuption/spacing moves ;x

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
the fact is that no one uses it though.

its not in the standard peach metagame

I don't even think there is stanard peach metagame.

the cookie cutter peach doesn't exist in my opinion.

I've just seen too much differences in style by peaches
Yeah, that's what I love the most about Peach, everyone is different. ;d

:052:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Lol I brought up footstooling our opponents like 3 months ago for possible kill setups, but whatever.

Nice video Flame, it showed how to do it.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Opinion on z-dropping: only flashy.

BUT! I think it has a very good hidden use. If used often, and right before you get hit, the turnip sometimes interrupts attacks. Did it against Zelda's usmash, and I'm sure it works against other smash attacks, particularly ones with latent hits.

z00ted

That's pretty interesting. I wonder if it would work against Pikachu's Dsmash.

I've come to the conclusion that Uair string is extremely viable. I've been practicing it a ton lately and I have pulled it off about thirty times out of the seventy something tries I've attempted it which is a lil less than half of the time.

It's extremely effective against Snake, Falco, Fox, DDD, DK, Wario, Bowser, Yoshi, and mainly any other mid weight / heavy class.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYiI-g5IxGw#t=53s

I think it drastically alters matchups. If Falco was 40:60 without the Uair string if you are able to get it even once in a match it alters it to about 45:55. You can do it up to like 82% if their SDI isn't that great. This forces the Falco / whatever character to approach (something Peach desperately needs) so you can land an easier kill moves.

Good setups are usually around 10% (when you do the sh dair) with d-tilt or sh dair then go under them when they aren't expecting it (they usually will expect the common uair -> utilt combo) and start it up. Or you can hit the side of the characters body with u-tilt then go under and start it up.

Set R to jump and tap jump off so you don't have any problems. It takes a bit of practice but it is great.

Unfortunately, it's not too great on Metaknight. It gets the job done if he's under 10% (ends at around 65%) but if it's above that it would just be better to do the regular dair, uair, utilt combo because it usally gives around 45% (ends at around 55%).

Bair lock is ******** and not worth trying to execute.
Dsmash is surprisingly good against Metaknight.
Double slap -> full hop fair almost always works. Double slap sends opponents usually into a helpless fall which forces them to try to jump out of it. Predict the jump with fair and they will be caught off guard (usually with terrible DI).

Did anyone know our golf club reaches characters standing on the SV platform?
Did anyone know the weak hit of uair actually puts our opponents into a jab lock and is much easier to pull off then the bair lock? I try to hit my opponent off of platforms and start it up.
This probably is dumb .. but pointing it out. If your opponent is shielding on Battlefield upsmash them (it sends characters an extremely far way to the left or right - whichever position they are facing) and then charge a fsmash.

Couple more things.

If Metaknight is approaching us around 0%-5% and we fair him while we are going the opposite direction from which he is coming. (so we are going right .. he is coming left) we can footstool him into whatever we want and start up anything. This works probably with alot of other characters around higher percentages.. I need to test this some more.

Also if we throw a turnip up and it hits.. it sends our opponent flying down. We are then able to footstool them into the ground and if we react / plan it fast enough we can do whatever we want.

z00ted

Rainbow Cruise rewards Peaches who camp and don't ever want to approach their opponent.

I would rather pick Brinstar / Delfino over Rainbow Cruise. That stage doesn't help my playstyle.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Z dropping to interrupt combo strings is ancient, people (by that I mean Armada) have been doing it since Melee.

Although come to think of it, I only brought it up with Raz (a few times last year) and not here so..... guess being slowpoke isn't your fault xD

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Unfortunately, it's not too great on Metaknight. It gets the job done if he's under 10% (ends at around 65%) but if it's above that it would just be better to do the regular dair, uair, utilt combo because it usally gives around 45% (ends at around 55%).
I agree with most of what you said but not with this one. The Uair string is quite amazing vs MK as well. You can either just do the Uair string to possible an Utilt/Usmash/Ftilt/another Uair to send him above you, which is terrible position for him because of his slow air speed and the fact he hates Peach's turnips, Uair or possible landing punishments.

You can also combo it into a Ground Float Nair (sweetspot if perfectly times, sourspot if not). Again this slow air speed screws him up here, allowing Peach to make some nice follows-ups and continue the pressure.

IMO the Uair string (or uair juggles) is amazing vs every character (from Bowser to Jigglypuff to Wolf) and should be executed whenever you see an opportunity.

z00ted

Yeah.. I can see that.

It's just extremely HARD to get on Metaknight. Is it worth the risk/reward? Metaknight is the best punisher in the game.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Oh you mean it like that...

You're right about that. Meta Knight rarely is in a position to get an Uair string. I can see an Uair string set-up starting from a Dair (float and SH), but that's it. Fortunately, we have a bunch of other combos/strings/pressure tools on him. At least that's not a problem yaaaaaay...

:052:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
>.>

<.<

Try Z dropping while speed hugging the legde. I saw Kadaj doing this yesterday with Diddy and his bananas. So you guys can do it with turnips.

*runs because he gave out secrets*

Two-Ell

Smash Master
that's no big secret lol

You know though, that kinda reminds me of that 'Did you know?' thread/game Meno started a long time ago. I kinda miss that thing. I think I found out some interesting facts from it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
If it's no big secret why don't people use it on people recovering vertically? It would be so ****.

Also GIMR's Metagame Minute thread is similar to Meno's thread.

Top Bottom