• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
And Dark, yeah, I'm not necessarily afraid to say what I think. I just don't like the negative feedback for trying to help
I know how that is. But remember this. You will be helping others that are interested in what you gotta say. And take/want the advice. So do that and the hell with the others. They don't matter.

You should speak more often. You always shared good stuff on Peach. You actually helped me get better on brinstar. and I could not play on that stage for ****.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You finally started cutting images out rather than going with simple screenshot snips?

Nicole

Smash Champion
ouch both me and ill are boring?

i dont think my style is that bad :C
and ill is definitely not boring.

also kyon is pretty fast and peachkid is as well. the only boring peaches are llod and praxis in my book.

meano.

Nordal

Smash Lord

I'm glad someone noticed.

I didn't cut them out, a really awesome person volunteered to do it since he wanted to post with Aeris reaction images. If I had photoshop I would've saved him the trouble

Nicole, neither you nor Ill are boring to watch. It's really hard to find a boring Peach in my opinion.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I play pretty boring. My style is really systematic. The only parts that don't follow that are the ones where I mess up.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
ouch both me and ill are boring?

i dont think my style is that bad :C
and ill is definitely not boring.

also kyon is pretty fast and peachkid is as well. the only boring peaches are llod and praxis in my book.

meano.
I don't mean bad, oh nonono, or slow, Illmatic's probably the faster Peach after Reaper.

When I mean "boring", I mean in terms of what I take from your playstyles. Whenever I see Europeon or Japanese Peaches I'm always saying "Wow, I would have never thought of that", but American Peaches are overall pretty traditional, going for the expected punishes and movements.

I watch your vids Nicole to understand match-ups and to get a better understanding of how to deal with certain situations, but when I'm watching to see something new, you guys are boringggg.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm the fastest Peach in spurts when I really get going. Illmatic is consistently faster on a long-term basis though.

:phone:

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I actually don't need much speed for my playstyle. Even my brother, who mains MK, says that his Peach is faster than mine, which I don't disagree with

My playstyle revolves around casually glidetossing/bonewalking across the stage until my opponent approaches me. Then, I find the weak spot in their approach and abuse it, sending them back and repeating the process. Speed only plays a part of my style in the technical execution of certain attacks (such as ground float nair/bair), stringing moves together (cough cough "combo" cough cough) after I hit their approach's weak spot, and applying constant pressure.

Being fast is nice, but it's unnecessary in my case. Sometimes it's actually detrimental to the overall result of the match. If I did everything twice as fast, then the match length would be 1.5 - 2 x shorter than it would be if I played normally. Because of this, the option to time out would inevitably be exempted. So, to maintain the possibility of the timeout, sometimes taking it slow isn't such a bad idea :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL God Kais!

(even though under my interpretation you said you were the fastest to stop when engaging in sexual acts...but okay)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
my peach is pretty fast now. ima have one game up of a tourney set i played (game 2 i was fox lol) but idk how fast i rly played b/c it was vs game n watch.

at any rate I can't disagree w/ the 'effective' label coz I play this pretty much by the book i made up in my own head a lot of the time.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
its so funny that everytime I post up something, people say they do it like crazy, yet when I see matches of them online or in person, they don't do these things once. Idk why people lie so much.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It was cooler in Melee because instead of cutting your jump short, it instead allowed you to instantly land with the part of the jump that causes you to drop down a bit before rising.

Unfortunately, Peach's rising speed isn't that impressive, so I've not found much use for it, even when it comes to stuff like platform tech chases.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The platform double jump land is quicker because waveland has more landing lag.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You have to get into a float, let go of it then quikly fastfall. Melee you can just time that peak jump and wave land instantly. Have you not seen how Mike G runs the platfroms when he plays?

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
its so funny that everytime I post up something, people say they do it like crazy, yet when I see matches of them online or in person, they don't do these things once. Idk why people lie so much.
Mine was obviously kidding lol.I posted it because i knew someone would come in and be serious when they said that they already do it.

So i got in before them and said it.

DU HUH

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I don't think he had your post in mind at all when he said that though lol. I don't know if he meant me, but I know I can def find matches where I do it.

:rosalina:

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Isn't there some like auto land thing that Peach can do on some platforms? I think on Lylat, if you jump onto one of the platforms, you immediately stand or something

Idk

Two-Ell

Smash Master
you mean platform canceling lol

she can do something similar to that with floating too. You tend to notice it more on Lylat because it can happen accidentally from the tilting.

:rosalina:

Nordal

Smash Lord
Every character in the game can platform cancel. It's easiest in my opinion with floating, and the result is essentially the same if you mistime the platform cancel.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You have to get into a float, let go of it then quikly fastfall. Melee you can just time that peak jump and wave land instantly. Have you not seen how Mike G runs the platfroms when he plays?
As I said, all forms of "waveland" have more landing lag than "normal landing." Peach's second jump (as well as the second jump of anyone who can DJC) dips downward a bit before rising, letting her get an instant landing just by double jumping at the right height. This is a normal landing rather than a waveland, so it doesn't have as much lag.

In fact, you can see this this by doing a "jump in place" - tap X twice really quickly while on the ground and you'll make the double jump "twirl" sound but still be standing on the ground.

Top Bottom