• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I threw it around in training mode. It's fun but it's just really weird for me. I have no quick access to my smashes, uair, dair or bair. Which i love...

I think i'll test more

Xyless

Smash Master
hey xyless how does b-sticking work on stages like rainbow cruise and brinster?
cause on stages like that i could imagine it being really good and you being able to get a lot of turnips. also DI isn't too much of a factor on them cause of the short boundries.....
if i were to ever use b-stick it would be on stages like those.
Those are stages I wouldn't B-stick in, plain and simple. Brinstar is simply too narrow to really use the freepull movement in a way that is useful, and Rainbow Cruise is an anti-ground stage, so she wouldn't get very much use from the sliding anyways.

Well, my opinion on Bsticking is pretty much in between everyone elses.

Why not take up the option of having better mobility in an MU when it will actually have an impact on it?

I'm going to try and learn Bsticking as well for certain MUs. I think we should all do this. It will HIGHLY improve our level of play. Just by switching to Bstick from Sstick from an MU can noticably change what you can do.

Yes, I know Free pulling and Bone Walking can both be performed with Sstick as well, but it's obviously not as consistant. So I still have to say that Bsticking is not useless. It's an alternative to harder MUs.
That's been my view since I started B-Sticking, bub. It's not an issue of "maining" one or the other, it's all about knowing when to use either, depending on the situation, your playstyle with characters, and the opponents.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
That's been my view since I started B-Sticking, bub. It's not an issue of "maining" one or the other, it's all about knowing when to use either, depending on the situation, your playstyle with characters, and the opponents.
<3
Same here, brah.

Xyless

Smash Master
Oh, and obviously B-Sticking is pretty much useless in doubles, considering Peach's primary goal with most teams is to rack up damage as fast as possible.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Oh, and obviously B-Sticking is pretty much useless in doubles, considering Peach's primary goal with most teams is to rack up damage as fast as possible.
Lawl. You just brought that to my attention... and I'm hysterically laughing...

It's so true.

Xyless

Smash Master
I had to mention that after people were asking me at a smashfest I was at today why I wasn't "Beaching" in our doubles friendlies.

Nicole

Smash Champion
So B stick is best for MK, Ness, Kirby, and maybe Marth?

That's funny, cause I feel like I'm really good at all those MU's and I never feel like...man, if ONLY I could freepull. Those MU's actually are all about spacing, imo. I can see how sliding around would help against MK, but good luck getting out of a roof combo or nado in general. You want good SDI against Ness (cause of PK fire) and MK also. Against Kirby, you would want Sstick for Fsmashes to his bair/other attempted aerial approaches (lol). Marth I don't see how it helps, and I don't see how it hurts.

Of all those guys, you only really need alot of turnips against Marth, and it's not too hard to pull them against him, I never feel threatened against him like I do against some other chars.

Xyless

Smash Master
To each their own. I'm just calling it how I see priorities could be called, and how I'm going to be doing my own personal choices with matchups.

(I lol'd at sstick for fsmashes, so hard to jam a direction and press A right)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So B stick is best for MK, Ness, Kirby, and maybe Marth?

That's funny, cause I feel like I'm really good at all those MU's and I never feel like...man, if ONLY I could freepull. Those MU's actually are all about spacing, imo. I can see how sliding around would help against MK, but good luck getting out of a roof combo or nado in general. You want good SDI against Ness (cause of PK fire) and MK also. Against Kirby, you would want Sstick for Fsmashes to his bair/other attempted aerial approaches (lol). Marth I don't see how it helps, and I don't see how it hurts.

Of all those guys, you only really need alot of turnips against Marth, and it's not too hard to pull them against him, I never feel threatened against him like I do against some other chars.
It's like you say, it's all about spacing - the bstick just adds more to that. IMO of course.

Non-optimal-SDI I've always thought was the only major drawback, yes. But at the same time, and in my experience, optimal isn't needed. I can pop out of MK's fair if I see it coming, and tornado is a non-issue since it's non-SDI-able, and PK fire is never a problem, lol.

Also, your biased since you don't like turnips anyway. :mad:

Xyless

Smash Master
It's like you say, it's all about spacing - the bstick just adds more to that. IMO of course.

Non-optimal-SDI I've always thought was the only major drawback, yes. But at the same time, and in my experience, optimal isn't needed. I can pop out of MK's fair if I see it coming, and tornado is a non-issue since it's non-SDI-able, and PK fire is never a problem, lol.

Also, your biased since you don't like turnips anyway. :mad:

Nicole

Smash Champion
PK fire is kinda annoying...you just get stuck in it for a second and you get grabbed. Seriously.

I dunno, if anything I'd want to freepull against Olimar, ICs, and Sonic. I'm surprised you didn't cite ICs as a good one, cause Peach often gets grabbed for pulling a risky turnip. Sonic can punish anything, so freepulling might be good for him to negate some of his typical punishes (not that you really need many turnips against him), and Olimar will grab you if you're anywhere near him and pull a turnip (not that you should pull one near him, and, again, not that you really need turnips in this MU) but they are still helpful sometimes for approaching.

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm still trying to develop the list, so obviously I'm always looking for logical input. I haven't actually fought a good IC yet (Lain doesn't use ICs against Peaches generally), so I haven't had to think too hard about the MU.

The Oli matchup, I felt it could be beneficial, but I figured most people act like there's no issues with Oli anyways, so I assumed you couldn't do much better. The same situation as ICs, I haven't played a really good Olimar yet, though I hope to this weekend. All friendly experience I use now is to test B-Sticking for the sake of learning how important spacing is and how much it is improved.

Sonic, it makes sense. Sonic is similar in mentality to Dedede, which is most of his damage will come from punishing, especially on the ground. So it might be a good option against Sonic. Too bad the only Sonic in my area is bad and quit Brawl.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Free Pulling against Sonic will get you *****. Sonic is much much faster than DeDeDe. You need all the spacing you can get to stop him running underneath you and forcing you to misspace stuff so he can get a grab

Infact this is what I don't like about Free Pulling - I'm worried that it'll make you think you escape things that you can't simply because you move whilst pulling a Turnip
There's also the spacing issues - yes, B Stickers do have spacing issues and if you watch their videos you can clearly see that - yes even Yami's. I'm not saying Meno or Yami are bad Peach's - far from it but there are moments where spacing is really iffy and you don't see that kind of thing in other Peach's videos

Xyless

Smash Master
And that's why I'm trying to do more research, because I'm trying to be a middle ground between the two.

I see it less of a spacing situation with the B-Stick freepull and more of a spacing mindgame situation. And that's one reason why I could see it not being as useful against Sonic, who is rather ground-based in his actions.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
best control settings for peach
cause its hard for me to hold float+dair with default :l
idk maybe im doing it wrong?

Xyless

Smash Master
I can't tell if this is a statement or a question.

If it's a question, set a shoulder button (L or R) to Jump, it makes floating easier. And use C-Stick to dair.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
*pops in*

You guys don't have a Q&A thread so I'll post this here.

So, I've been having some trouble against this Peach in my region, in large because I have little to no MU experience. What exactly is a safe way to prevent Peach from approaching as Lucario, and am I better off playing Tink against Peach?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
u can claw your floats. basically the side of your index on the y button and then thumb on the c stick to c stick the aerials and space w/ your control stick.

right hand floats and attacks, left hand spaces.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i like rickerdy's method of free-pulling. i'm still practicing it but it's easier to be consistent w/ and i still have my c-stick.

edit: ****, i forgot this was the same thread lmao.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
*pops in*

So, I've been having some trouble against this Peach in my region, in large because I have little to no MU experience. What exactly is a safe way to prevent Peach from approaching as Lucario, and am I better off playing Tink against Peach?
Spam Aura Sphere. Don't approach her if you can

Keep your options open on the ground. Playing foxtrot back and forth mindgames can really mess with her Fair spacing. If she's sloppy with her spacing or if you want to catch her out, stutter step F Smash her as she lands. Your walk speed is about the same as her Float speed so abuse that. You can also walk away if you think Peach is going to Glide Toss at you and F Smash her as she's moving

Just stay safe and use what you can to keep her at bay. let her approach you, the other way round...
...unfortunately, she's going to be doing the same thing and keeping herself as safe as possible so its going to be a long match

i like rickerdy's method of free-pulling. i'm still practicing it but it's easier to be consistent w/ and i still have my c-stick.

edit: ****, i forgot this was the same thread lmao.
When it works, it works really well cause its exactly like B Sticking and you still have your C Stick I find it much easier to move around straight after the Free Pull but having to input C Stick Down and Special on the same frame is very annoying indeed and sadly I think this really kills the viability of it

I just wish there was more room for error

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
but there's rly no room for zap jump either and lucas mains and lucas low tier users still do that consistently anyway so it's alright, just needs practice. oh and ofc there's all the ssfiv players that have to input 1 frame links all day err day. your method is **** lol.

Xyless

Smash Master
Yes, but Zap Jump is 2 inputs in a frame or two (jump and side B), which is not hard unless you're doing a B-Reversed Zap Jump, which is about as complicated.

Free-pulling is buffering a turn around, down B, and then choosing a direction, all within about the same timing. (the difficult part is getting from the turn around input to the down B and back)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
but w/ free pull, you don't even have to worry about the pivot part. that's easy, you have a lot of time btwn the time you input the pivot and the time you input the turnip unless you're doing it w/ default controls.

oh well i'll get it down! ;O

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
*pops in*

Drop me a PM.

You don't know how mad I am that I found out you asked helped from the peaches b4 your fellow lucarios.

:mad:

Anyways sup Peach boards I play this character now, so I'mma hang around.

I was keeping it a secret for I could surprise peach ditto ill in our MM at whobo if I won the 1st match but idc about that anymore

So like, generally my thoughts so far on this character random or not [from a txt file]:

holy **** farming turnips is amazing

damn I get lots of special items.

turnipssssss

float aerial float drop item catch is legit

attacking while holding items in the air is legit.

BOMB-OMB GIMMICKS, I LOVE THEM

ffff what do I do with mr saturn besides break shields.

goddammit thats the 7th wasted stitchface this day.

Toad is amazing, **** the haters. using this on reaction is great when you can't powershield or you need a hitbox out for whatever reason.

WOW CERTAIN TURNIPS HAVE STUPID FRAME ADVANTAGE ON SHIELD LOL

My Peach is a farmer, farman farman farman.

Why don't peaches try to time people out if they can/farm turnips if they have the lead? :confuse:

in fact, because I'm willing to farm for special items, that gives opponent that can't damage me from afar/impatient opponents incentive to aggress me, which I always look for while farming.

My aggro peach sucks.

ALWAYS GET PORT 4, what happens when you don't get port 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKo-2kl2uBo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

get ****ed up ill.

Dair is an amazing "tick" move.

nair is stupid good for interuptions.

I wish I could freepull/bonewalk, stupid cast :(

This character has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much mix-up potential, its crazy lol

FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM

well thats basically the jist of it though.

hope I can contribute to this character in the future guiz~

shameless plug

I took a game off futile with my peach and raz didn't
I think, even if he didn't not only was he ****ing up mr. fyuu-tiyeeel on his CP before he choked somehow with a 3 stock lead, I kinda only beat him on FD LOL... and lost the set because I wasn't confident on playing peach on frigate :(

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Flame, you've showned me a completely new way of how I can manage my time, and camp just by plucking turnips.

Thank you.

I hope to pluck a stitch during my 8 minute matches ;D

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
**** bobombs

YES THAT'S HOW IT'S SPELLED

**** FACES

Nicole

Smash Champion
yeah i dont care for bombs either. or swords. i do like stitches though.

and flame, people prolly dont farm for turnips all the time because they get bored. if you like it then go for it, you can get alot of good stuff. just dont throw bombs into the ground like i do on occasion because you think they're turnips and you're trying to get something better. be a watchful farmer, lol.

(also toad sucks, you'll learn this)

culexus・wau

idk

I think toad is at best situational

he's saved my *** so many ****ing times :(

I play another character with a situational counter too lolz [lucario]

I always soft-toss my turnips up or hard toss them up.

I have an extreme amount of gimmicks with swords and bob-ombs tho LOL

so much gay **** from toying around in training mode.

I'll write most of it down tommorrow when my right wrist doesn't hurt like a *****

I don't think boredom is a good excuse for not farming though~ aren't we trying to win lol? :p

I can understand that people would get impatient and wanna attack though, NOT ME HOWEVER.

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
i wanna hear those gimmicks.
also isn't lucario's counter WAY WAY more situational than peach's? of course that's implying it has a decent use......does it?

culexus・wau

Lucario's Counter is really good VS nado is good for movement in general.

as an attack its pretty ****ty tho

I'll give a write-up on what I think about toad later.

just gonna say... the spores can potentially hit MK out of nado... but they're ussually too slow and peach gets hit anyway!

:(

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Has any Peach tried using a ground float nair, then using it's second hit box to drop & hit an opponent off the ledge, then umbrella spike?

I haven't done the umbrella spike, but the gf nair, release/drop towards ledge is legit.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have an extreme amount of gimmicks with swords and bob-ombs tho LOL

so much gay **** from toying around in training mode.

I'll write most of it down tommorrow when my right wrist doesn't hurt like a *****
Ooo, this sounds interesting.

Top Bottom