• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach+ Get Pimpslapped!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I never know unless I try here...

Has anyone found out what determines the item Peach pulls when using her Down Special? There's codes to make her pull a specific kind of item but I'm wondering if anyone has found out what actually codes for what she pulls up. Does she pull a specific Turnip after a set number of commands for example?

As far as I know its controlled by a RNG but if someone found a way to abuse that...well, normal ordinary Peach could become a Bob-omb mainac :chuckle:

THO

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm not sure if people already do this, but the up-b is peaches only real way to get to the top platform on battle field quickly, and with the up-b having less lag than before, its actually a pretty legit way to get up there.
I'm sure yall know this already, but sometimes its good to look at what the changes to BP make better for character mobility.

I also came to realize that you can adjust the angle of peaches up-b depending on which direction you hit the joystick up. This was probably already noticed but you can see it really clearly when you try to up-b onto the top platform. If you go straight up you can make it, but if you go slightly forward you won't land on top of the platform and just drift under. I didn't know this and it could matter alot when you are trying to perfect the edge.

On another note, the change the made to peaches bair makes bairing off of the edge much easier. Before I had to have really good timing in order to bair and then jump and up-b back to the edge without dying. Now its way easier and pretty much doesn't take any timing at all, another good thing to note.

Also, this isn't so good against good opponents, but if someone messes up and just predicts a forward throw (which kills now) so that they DI up, and then you down throw you get an upsmash or other powerful hit at high percents on most characters. This gives peach a bit of a better mix up between up, down and forward throw and can lead to low percent kills.

You all probably already know this but i just figured I'd point out a few useful things that have really been helping my game out lately. Also, I'm trying to wake up this thread.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
I really like Peach's new B-up. I can totally see huge potential in this move once people learn the specific timings and stuff. Also thanks, THO, for the Battlefield info! I didn't know that. =]

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Just wondering, but has peach's awful airdodge been given the normal amount of invincibility? 29 frames instead of 19? And if not, would it be difficult to do?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
If anything, Peach's airdodge may be left alone while everyone else's gets nerfed. :p

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
All airdodges have been nerfed except for Peach's. I think she does have approx. 3 frames less invincibility than others, but it doesn't matter so much.

:053:

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure you are regular + player so I assume it's not Brawl+'s higher gravity settings throwing you off. All I can assume is good DI by the opponent. I'm with Ryoko in saying we are 99% sure nothing was change with that move.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I've tested this on CPU opponents and I'm sure it has got weaker. I think it's a small mistake in the port, I'll go after it. I just wanted to know if it was intended or not.

:052:

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I haven't seen Llod's Peach, but he's good player in general. So we'll see. I still think mine is top :p
Well.. maybe because we both just started today.

But trust me, come back next week and you'll have some competition.

O
h and for the record I'm lloD's coach in every smash game. XD

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Not to get too off-topic -- but I'll vouch for lloD's Peach as well, it's beast x_x

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Lol VaNz you're on xD I tried out Peach today and she's sooooo much faster. I feel like brawl peach is a melee character.

I haven't done many of the grab combos yet, but I'm gonna test them out soon.

We'll see who's top peach+ in a few days :)

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
You can actually play aggressive Peach from what I've seen so far..

I
'm excited to develop these guys' metagames :p

Lemme in the WBR, sir. ;D

shanus

Smash Hero
You can actually play aggressive Peach from what I've seen so far..

I
'm excited to develop these guys' metagames :p

Lemme in the WBR, sir. ;D
We will have applications soon. make sure you keep your eye out :-)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Lol VaNz you're on xD I tried out Peach today and she's sooooo much faster. I feel like brawl peach is a melee character.

I haven't done many of the grab combos yet, but I'm gonna test them out soon.

We'll see who's top peach+ in a few days :)
Peach is really really fast. She was already was fast in vBrawl, in Brawl+ her attack speed is just WOW. Her movement speed... nah, not so much, but her attack speed is BAM!

I just love Peach+ xd.

THO

Smash Apprentice
Yo, so who is going to Pound 4 and entering B+. I just wanna see if any peach mains are going to show up.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Been totally out the brawl+ loop. Anything that needs updated in the OP let me know!

Whats new with peach is GSH2?

Yo, so who is going to Pound 4 and entering B+. I just wanna see if any peach mains are going to show up.
If my money is right im going. However i need to practice heavily. Haven't played brawl+ in about 2 months.

The Cape

Smash Master
F smash has a pattern (I think this was in RC1)
Umbrella knocks out less often
D and U throw were reworked. If you call a DI (and use the right throw) you should be able to combo to uair for a KO, but not U smash.
Uair received more base and growth knockback as well

So she got a few buffs and a few nerfs.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
F smash has a pattern (I think this was in RC1)
Yup.

Umbrella knocks out less often
I don't understand this. Ya, I'm stupid.
D and U throw were reworked. If you call a DI (and use the right throw) you should be able to combo to uair for a KO, but not U smash.
;_; Ah well, Uair is good too.
Uair received more base and growth knockback as well
I don't if this is good or bad. I can't combo anymore with Uair, but I can kill. I think I prefer comboing, but ah well.

:053:

Top Bottom