• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach+ Get Pimpslapped!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Brawl+ online really hurts my heart though :urg:.
It's feels even worse than vBrawl online.

But ehh, yeah, online is good for practice. Don't take it too seriously though. It's just training ;o.

:052:

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Wifi is better IMO, because (while flawed), it gives you somewhat accurate matchup experience and allows you to play within the current metagame, which CPUs do not. Although if you're playing Wifi I really recommend you have a wired connection because you want the best you can get when it comes to Brawl/Brawl+'s terrible wifi.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Does anyone know the frame data on Peach's dash attack against a shield? It seems that dash attack always leads into a jab when I fight against her.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
This is the vBrawl frame data according to the Peach frame data thread:

Dash attack
Duration: 37
Hits on Frame: 6, 17
Hitbox Duration: 6-9 (4); 17-19 (3)
Cooldown: 17

Shield Stun: 1, 1
Shield Advantage: -19
Shield Drop advantage: -12

...Obviously the shield stun has changed. lol. I also don't remember if any modifications were made to dash attack in brawl+. Besides that, its not really all that punishable because of the gigantic disjoint it has to be spaced with.

THO

Smash Apprentice
So, this isn't going to be exactly right, but the second hit of the dash attack creates 9 frames of shield stun for the opponent instead of 1 like it does in Brawl. So the shield advantage goes from -19 to -11 and the shield drop advantage goes to -3 instead of -12.
That being said, peaches jab is frame two hit i think so you can be hitting again at -5. Which is fast, but not unpunishable.
What makes it hard to punish is the spacing. This should be shield grabbable, except that if peach does it right most characters can't reach her with a grab, and most ground/aerial attacks are too slow to beat the jab. Especially since the jab has such good range.

But, this is all negated if you power shield.

Also, I'm not completely certain that this is all right, just close to right. The best solution is to test it and see.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach has always been a retardedly safe character... even in vBrawl lol. If dash attack is a -3 advantage, then jab > shieldgrab, since jab comes out one frame 2 and most grabs on frame 6, not to mention her dash is disjointed.

Unfortunately, dash attack seems to be quite easy to powershield...

... We should look more into her safe moves.

:053:

THO

Smash Apprentice
Well, the jab does come out on frame 2 but it has a large cool down (16 frames or something). Of course it can be canceled by frame 8 (or so) into the second jab, but that also has a large cool down.

Some thing I experienced while playing against reflex's pokemon trainer in B+ is that because brawl is so slow alot of the pro players can re-actively apply shield pressure. If reflex was squirtle and he faired onto my shield, he wouldn't just do a jab, even though it was guaranteed, but rather he would wait and as soon as he saw my shield begin to drop, he would then jab because jab hits so fast (it would hit me out of grab or jump).

I think peach can do a similar thing because of her quick jab speed and it may be even better than squirtles because the range is so ridiculous.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Peach CAN do the same thing but better.

Fair>jab is guaranteed.

Fair>dsmash is almost guaranteed.

Fair>grab works all the time if the opponent is worried about shielding something after fair.

Fair>jab>grab works as a fakeout if your opponent expects a second jab.

Fair>jab>dsmash can be used to counter someone predicting the jab>grab follow up.

Fair>nair pillar can be used on opponents weary of jab/dsmash follow ups or if the opponent has a slow grab.

Fair>jab>nair pillar if they expect a 2nd jab.

Nair pillar repeated is **** when used correctly, and very quickly.

Dash attack follow ups to chase rolling away.

Punish rolls into you with almost anything.

Nair can use all the follow ups that fair can.

EDIT: Btw, Peaches have done this since melee.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Oh right. She also has dair pressure, though in brawl+ or melee Fair/Nair pressure are much more useful, though dair pressure is still good.

Dair>Nair happens quick one after another, so if they try to punish dair or something...

Dair>Fair/Bair for roll chases

Dair>Fair on someone who's weary of Dair>Nair, or when people are afraid to mvoe. This is nice because it lets you start your fair follow-ups. Also punishes spot dodges, which is dumb to do in the first place against Peach.

Dair>Dair for the same reasons as Dair>Fair. This just allows you to continue Dair follow-ups instead of going into Fair pressure. Also punishes spot dodges, which is once again a dumb thing to do.

Also in Brawl+:

SH Dair works with all the follow ups I posted for Fair/Nair. However, its shield advantage isn't as good so going into nair pillars is iffy, although usable if your opponent has been properly pressured, or if its some slow grab like Samus.

Top Bottom