• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

Queen

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I'm aware. I'm quite the passive person (for the most part). But, lately, I don't feel upset when I haven't been beset, as you put it. I just shrug. Not the best course of action, I know. Motivation is hard to come by, though.

And yes, I'm not fully decided on whether or not I want to be this way forever, but at the same time, I've little guidance. I dunno. I didn't mean for this to become a "dissect ShroudedOne" moment, but I do appreciate your words.

I've never put stock into tarot card readings, but now that you say that, I do remember getting one a long time ago...if only I remembered what it was...
I agree that motivation can be hard to come by. I worked a fairly abusive job for about 3 years and it wasn't until recently that I realized how negatively and pervasively that had changed me. Thankfully it's something I am now able to alter since I no longer work in such a toxic environment. Leaving what's familiar for what's not can be a very harrowing experience, especially if you don't deal well with change. And because I am rather like that, it takes me a very long amount of time to truly change something about myself. I guess the benefit of this is that once it's changed it will remain that way unless I decide otherwise.

As for Tarot readings, I love performing them. I really started studying Tarot about 7 years ago. I think it's very interesting and I think it has a great deal of potential in drawing connections that people normally don't see or haven't thought about. If nothing else, I would argue that Tarot is useful because it can provide insight by talking about things in way that really doesn't come up in any other fashion. Of course, if you're opposed to Tarot readings or don't really want one, then they're not likely to be helpful.

I commend you for your post, its very insightful. However im slightly perturbed at your use of the word tactful.

Someone who is tactful is simply someone who uses tact to deal with people in a sensitive manner, not necessarily someone who is shy or guarded.
I agree with you. My use of the word "tactful" here was very much colored by the situation. This is not exactly how I see tact, but I was trying to work around the various impressions that I had gleaned from the context of the post. Now that I read things through again, I ought to have mentioned that's what I did. :c But, alas, I forgot. I'll try to be more thorough next time. :cool:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well.. it's never easy to change that's for sure, I would find it pretty weird if that were always easy to do. However, realizing that what you are doing is no good for you definitely takes some heroic efforts I think. I can definitely say for me, it took me minimum 3-4 years before I realized what I was doing for me and for others hurts me and them more than anything.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
He's a fruit loop and wants revenge

I just realized how perfect the song bathwater is for my situation. No Doubt is amazing

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I thought breaking up with Will was going to be easy. It wasn't.

I expected him to be angry with me. I expected him to shout. But he didn't. He just kind of sat there quietly, asked a few questions, and then I left the apartment.

Felt bad, man.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Anyone like Scissor Sisters? They are one of my favorite bands, but they're too fabulous for straight folks so I never get to share the love.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
*facepalm*

Anyways, I've only heard of the Scissor Sisters. Never actually listened to them.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i never got into scissor sisters, but r we talking about music now? If so there r a couple of pretty cool bands ive been getting into.

Surfer Blood: (album astrocoast)
Slothbear (hard to find stuff b/c they r a local band) (but look for an ep named Canter On)
wavves: (album king of the beach)
unknown mortal orchestra: (not sure what there ep's name is but i like it)

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
I've never heard of them before.
D:

Take Your Mama - this is probably their most well known song from a few years back
http://youtu.be/od7-fyGa9DQ

Any Which Way - from their 2010 album, which is my favorite so far
http://youtu.be/HHv0jW4p_xA

i never got into scissor sisters, but r we talking about music now? If so there r a couple of pretty cool bands ive been getting into.

Surfer Blood: (album astrocoast)
Slothbear (hard to find stuff b/c they r a local band) (but look for an ep named Canter On)
wavves: (album king of the beach)
unknown mortal orchestra: (not sure what there ep's name is but i like it)
The only one I'm familiar with is Wavves, I will have to look into the others. Haven't added any new music to my library lately. :(

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
o i also got something to say about relationships/being broken up with

way back with my first gf she broke up with me, this came as no surprise b/c i could tell for some time r relationship was going to end (she ended it like a month b4 i thought it would end). anyway when she broke up with me i just kinda said a few things (questions i think) then i walked away. I did this b/c like i said i saw t coming and honestly didnt disagree with the breakup nor did i feel like fighting for r relationship. the only thing about the breakup which pissed me off was that while she was breaking up with me she started crying and telling me how hard this was for her. I couldnt believe this and was just thinking dont cry to try to make me not be angry or anything. I mean really if u want to break up then just do it i dont need crocodile tears. anyway to kk maybe u shouldnt feel bad is my point maybe he felt ending it was the right choice as well.

now back to music
here is slothbear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62MAtaHx25A (kinda hard to find unless u know how to look. on the other hand if u dont know how to look u find ****ing adorable videos of bears so up to u)

here is surfer blood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kQ1h8PY2JI

here is Unknown Mortal Orchestra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-36lCKovBg

and last but not least wavves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5biCmyJQtM

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
o i didnt think it was to long to read. also its a relevant story to some degree.

also @shrouded: I could of made it shorter, then it might of not been to long to read. (ok think i am done now, maybe one more)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
To people reading my stuff, Will was my ex from a year ago. I'm over it lolz. I just mentioned it 'cuz everyone else was talking about breakups.

On that note, NAGACE, I didn't cry or say it was hard for me, to my credit. :awesome:

Well, not until after I'd left, anyway. He wanted me to stay in the apartment and talk further but I knew I couldn't go through with it if I did. It was kind of selfish but he was just too close for comfort. I felt really suffocated by him. I'd also just broken up with another dude I'd been with for a few years so I was hoping for something more casual but we clearly had different goals in the relationship. So leaving was good. We talked about it later and concluded that we both made mistakes. And we chat. Every now and then.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
No, it wasn't too long, NAGACE. I was just doing that in the interest of convenience.

It's good when you can get yourself out of a relationship that isn't working, so good job KK. It sounds simple, but I've talked to a fair amount of people who simply don't know when to give up on someone. Things like love and all that cloud their vision. :awesome:

I am, myself, trying to decide if I truly want that or not. I'll be honest, it seems like more of a hassle than I'd like...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I wonder if you can keep having a carefree attitude up until you are 40+ years old. You know most commitment isn't easy of course, it's a risk to take. It's pretty easy instead to just **** someone and then leave him lol.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
I find I don't get attached to people very easily. If I want romantic relationships with people, I have to be friends with them first because I apparently have no idea how to get to know people without that context. I move damned slowly, is what I've learned thus far.

Also, the Scissor Sisters pretty much rock, as does La Roux.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Every guy that has taken any interest in me turns out to be a loser or moves to California. Every guy I take interest in is not interested in me. LOL.

Oh well I still have hookups, but meh kinda over it really...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, that's true, Kage. However, I don't trust myself to be able to simply hookup with someone. Kudos to those who do, I suppose. Commitment-free hookups sound ideal, in a sense.

EDIT: Probably going to end up either in Texas or SoCal for the rest of my life.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I go through phases. I want casual encounters for a while, then I want a genuine thing. Then when the breakup happens (I refuse to believe it's an inevitability, but it's been undeniably consistent) I go back to wanting something less real. And then go back to step one.

I fluctuate. I haven't settled and I'm not sure I will anytime soon.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know I personally can't do hookups. Going that far that fast with someone I hardly know? Nope.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
:smirk:I think I'm like KK in the switching back and forth. Sometimes a hookup is just what I need, or, at the very least, desire. And other times, I'm not feelin' it. I'd rather go for something substantial.

I'm sure there's a pun in there somewhere. :smirk:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'll be honest I'm really shy when it comes to meeting up with people. I've struggled with self confidence stuff since I can remember, so its hard for me to be out going. Any tips? (I mean I shoot for girls, but the concept is the same right?)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Some girls can be really *****y. One time I was trying to be friendly and she thought I was hitting on her and was really mean. I told her I was gay and she said "yea right." LOL.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
favorite song on that album.

but yeah, breakups suck. the first bf and i split because he wanted me to move in and i was nowhere near ready (twice my age, not out, not stable financially). second, i felt like i was just a waste of time until something better came along. third was a long distance debacle.

so, last week had a date, went well. aiming for date two sunday. was texting him at work and this came on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXe1jpHPnUs

oh man.

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
I was interested in finding some fellow gay smashers, so I decided to try the peach forums. I guess I was right. Hello all! (you straight guys/girls too!)

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
hehe, actually i am a mostly top (as the name suggests) but i occasionally bottom with my bf.

i'll take that $5

Top Bottom