• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach and other random Discussion (Social Thread)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
omgomgomgomg, we should DEF map out all of the gay bars/clubs in NYC and get the gaypex crew to start some crazy shiet. and yes, this is the perfect and most place to organize such an event.

hell, i'd do DC too -- one of my bestest most fav peace corps friends out here is from DC and she'd be awesome company!!

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
omgomgomgomg, we should DEF map out all of the gay bars/clubs in NYC and get the gaypex crew to start some crazy shiet. and yes, this is the perfect and most place to organize such an event.

hell, i'd do DC too -- one of my bestest most fav peace corps friends out here is from DC and she'd be awesome company!!
Um, I meant as a joke.

We dont take too kindly to Jfox around these parts.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
of course. assuming you're into 21+ men.

doh & i were supposed to hit up a club the castro after genesis, but got held up by bouncers because someone in our crew forgot to bring their ID...

rosedemon: why?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
*continuous laughter*

I agree, Wake. I need to get out of state as well. Stupid Ohio.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Darn you guys and getting the tactical thread locked xP I need to ask something before I forget!

How do you glide without using up your double jump after you've released Y? I can't seem to do this, so I end up getting jacked cause my second jump is used when I didn't mean to use it.

Also, how2edgeguardshiek? I know the simple getup and dsmash...but Sheik keeps grabbing the ledge more often then not is the problem T_T. Should I use lots of turnips for edgeguarding her?

Sorry for posting this in the social thread...pretty sure I'm switching to a Peach main if I can get better at the Falcon/Marth/Falco matchups! She's sooooo fun =)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Darn you guys and getting the tactical thread locked xP I need to ask something before I forget!

How do you glide without using up your double jump after you've released Y? I can't seem to do this, so I end up getting jacked cause my second jump is used when I didn't mean to use it.

Also, how2edgeguardshiek? I know the simple getup and dsmash...but Sheik keeps grabbing the ledge more often then not is the problem T_T. Should I use lots of turnips for edgeguarding her?

Sorry for posting this in the social thread...pretty sure I'm switching to a Peach main if I can get better at the Falcon/Marth/Falco matchups! She's sooooo fun =)
I'm not sure what exactly you mean by the first part. Well, I am, but I'm not sure if my answer will address the problem. Basically, when you on the ground, you jump with Y, and then hold down. You'll be able to float without using your second jump.

Now, if your asking how to float while already in the air without using your second jump, you have to be holding down when you press Y to activate the float. Otherwise, you'll end up using your second jump.

For edge guarding Shiek... throw turnips sparingly, cause I've seen Sheik's use this to help their recovery. The best thing (for you) that she could do would be to get hit, but if they don't use the turnip, they usually just nair them. Trust bair for ledge guards, mainly, and when they double jump for the ledge, hit them away. Always. You want Sheik to have nothing left but her up B. From there, you can just get up and downsmash.

Be wary of a ledge camping Sheik. If she grabs the ledge, give her some space and wait to see if she'll come back up. Ledge camping Sheik's are the worst, because we can't do anything at high percents. If you're at a lower percent, you can go over there and bait something from her, CC it, and downsmash. Otherwise, just throw turnips and hope that she decides to come up. Apparently, Peach's wavedash onto the ledge can take the ledge from Sheik while she's camping, but that puts you on the ledge, and suddenly, you aren't edge guarding Sheik, Sheik is edge guarding you. And her good edge guards coupled with your horrible ledge game makes that a pretty bad situation to be in.

Hopefully I could help some. If anything I said here doesn't make sense/is plainly wrong, someone should point it out.

MacD

Banned via Administration
after you let go of the jump button, you have to hold down before you push it again otherwise you will double jump. it's the same concept of ground floating

so like if you get hit off the stage and you are falling, once you get out of tumble, just hold down and then hold the jump button and you'll float without using your jump

darkatma

Smash Hero
Let's troll vanz and only post tactical discussion things in here....jk

@Gooey: what MacD said was correct: you must hold down before pressing x or y to avoid using double jump. If you hold jump while you're still in hitstun and tumbling, then just wiggle out at whatever height you want to float at

For edgeguarding sheik: you SHOULD throw turnips: for most sheiks this will either force them to use their jump slightly above the stage, or it will hit them if you're accurate. Only really good sheiks can use the turnip to recover, you have to whack it and upB into the stage-side of the turnip, which takes practice. Once you do that though, grab the edge before they can.. because it's very important to get it. Then usually get back up with a ledge-stand and dsmash, or if you have enough time ground float in with a reverse nair to knock them back out.

tl;dr:
-chuck turnips
-grab edge
-get up and dsmash or get up reverse nair.

edit @ KirbyKaze:
Or, y'know... just 1 well endowed black man could do the same job

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Gay bars are hella lame. A gaypex house party would be better.
gay bars or clubs aren't lame. only the people that enter them and DONT DO ANYTHING.
gay clubbing at APEX is a certainty, mers. joinnnnnnn us

ok actual peach discussion:
"-get up and dsmash or get up reverse nair."

i'm pretty garbage at peach so i just wanna know -- why reverse nair? i actually have trouble edgeguarding falcons sometimes, if i bair them there's always a decent chance they can grab the ledge. i could be answering my own question here, but i just need to know the distinctions between reverse nair and bair.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Mers you are so confusing.

In DC we have a gay bar called apex.

Also we should just not go back to VaNz's thread. Out of spite

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Im torn between my loyalty to my fellow muskequeer, and Vanz, who professed his love to me last night and told me how awesome I was.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'd laugh if we tried to make this the new Peach strategy thread once the actual strategy thread gets unlocked. But then VaNz infracts people for getting off topic, thus forcing us back to the other thread.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I would just like to take the time to say that Tori Spelling has never been attractive (inspired by watching Beverly Hills 90210 last night). That is all.

Top Bottom