• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Fsmash should be more broken... A Marth Social thread

Kanelol

Smash Lord
haven't you ever seen a space animal get shined but like, not fall down? the same concept works for Marth

Drills CC'able too, I'm pretty sure. I definitely recall my drill having way less hitstun on it, right before i got f-smashed trying to link it into a waveshine

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I wanna start getting into Melee. I know how to L cancel, Wavedash, Dash dance, dash cancel, and fox trot consistently. What other game mechanics do I need to use/work on? Is there also a thread for chain grabs for Marth.

I've always wanted to play Melee competitively, but just recently want to buckle down and stop being a semi-n00b and become an average Melee player :).

Also, I have seen people pivot grab in Melee from videos and I know it's severely trickier then brawl, but what do I need to do to pivot grab?

I main Marth and alt Link, Falcon, and Sheik.

Also, I go to Umbc and need my data back. I lost my memory card and found another one. I have every character except for mewtwo and GaW, but am also missing every stage. Anyone have data they can transfer to me sometime? I'll probably find someone in the gameroom who plays Melee and copy their data though.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
The only other thing I can think of that you need is short hopping? and SHFFLing. Well thats all I can think of anyway.

Pivot grabbing iirc is the same in melee and brawl. Its just a timing thing you have to get down.

Try this link to learn more basic stuff:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230020

And go to regional zones about the copy thing *shrugs*

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I did really bad in this game because I was used to brawl. So I'd like slide my fingers to do aerials and it just wasn't working lol. After playing w/ Marth for like 3days in Melee, my spacings better than ever xD

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm uploading matches I had against my bro (He knows all the Melee shiz too) for critique. I don't think I'm too bad...A lot of my brawl experience carried over.

Kingbuilder

Smash Rookie
I mained Roy for the longest time, so switching to Marth was an incredibly easy transition.

My favorite combo: fair -> nair -> shield-breaker -> dair when off of stage

booshk

Smash Lord
i like to bair sheildbreaker nontippered dair into turn around utilt to uair to nontipper dair to tipper fair

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Chival is the coolest guy!

Im just sorry we didnt hang out more joe! I was just so tired and gone that i would just walk around until some1 pulled me to a chair.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
LOOK AT HOW HAPPY LOZR IS LOLOLOLOL

Gettin revenge for R3 pools. :p

Also, that was like... right before my wrist broke in 37 places from the force of him slamming it on the table.

Pandu!

Smash Cadet
Alright guys, this is it.
I've had it with being terrible at this game. After going to pound V I've decided I'm going to put in some beastly serious work and get awesome at melee, possibly compete with the best. What should I do first?

Jonas

Smash Champion

It's these moments I play Melee for.

Alright guys, this is it.
I've had it with being terrible at this game. After going to pound V I've decided I'm going to put in some beastly serious work and get awesome at melee, possibly compete with the best. What should I do first?
Go to more tournaments and ask for friendlies with as many people as you can, including really good players. This is something I myself is not doing enough. I guess I find it hard to talk to people I don't know >_>

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Yeah cactus it kinda had me worried when i felt your wrist snap back like that. I had to let off and see if you were ok LOL. You'll get me next time though dont sandbag me

Top Bottom