• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Fsmash should be more broken... A Marth Social thread

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCtOYiIL9h0
did someone say fsmash?

yooooo niko and tec0 i need to play you guys.(and steal all your techniques) lol

anything going on before the nojohns? i'm dying to get some practice in but don't know any sick players in central jersey.
Try Eggm and Strictnyne or however the **** you spell his name.

I live in North Jersey so *shrugs*

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Melee scene in Texas is pretty dead. However there are still quite a few half decent players from there. The state itself has a LOT of potential but they arnt willing to travel or spend time actually playing the game : /. I myself am from Texas and I think I'm an incredibly good player! :D

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I play Marth.

I love him. Wish I was better.

I'll be browsin this topic to see if I can find the answers I need.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Dear KirbyKaze, I would like to mm your sheik with my Marth whenever we meet. $5? Been working really hard on this matchup and your one of my "check points" I guess you would say. So will you take on my Marth!? :D

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, I'm a Brawler who wants to get back into Melee. I'm gonna start chattin on here some so hey everyone ^_^ lol.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
There's not a lot you can do other than to mix up your recovery with early up-b's, airdodges, delayed up-b with side-b stalls, etc.

You really just want to avoid getting shined by the edge altogether. Be defensive by the edge, shielding rather than trying to attack until you can get closer to the middle of the stage.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
makes sense. also is there a way you can DI a drill shine or shine so you Pop up before you slide? so you cant get grabbed or up smash'd after?

ILM

Smash Journeyman
I hate how Marth/Falco feels. I could be up 3 stock and Falco still feels like he's controlling the match completely. Marth's tiara should be a projectile :<

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Or he could use a Levin Sword, which uses Thunder Magic in Fire Emblem. That would be legit

mers

Smash Ace
makes sense. also is there a way you can DI a drill shine or shine so you Pop up before you slide? so you cant get grabbed or up smash'd after?
Naw. Fox's drill pushes you down into the ground harder than you can SDI up. But you can SDI the drill so that the shine/grab misses, or you can try to SDI the shine so your opponent misses the followup.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
Naw. Fox's drill pushes you down into the ground harder than you can SDI up. But you can SDI the drill so that the shine/grab misses, or you can try to SDI the shine so your opponent misses the followup.
yea thats what i was talking about, like how can i DI the shine so they cant follow it up?

mers

Smash Ace
yea thats what i was talking about, like how can i DI the shine so they cant follow it up?
I think your best bet is to smash DI the shine away (as well as regular DI away). I'm pretty sure if they are fast enough they can still grab you (and maybe JC usmash), but it makes it tougher. The other option is to CC or DI in and hope it confuses them.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
the only thing that will ever confuse a fox during a drill shine is DI'ing away

CC --> F-smash works at some percents though

I think

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i know for a fact that you can CC the shine. It causes you to have significantly less knockback and causes many characters who fall from the shine to simply not fall from the shine. I have theorized that the dair is also CCable, but shine will still combo. I believe if you drill->grab and they CC the drill they can escape before the grab happens. Not 100% on this, but it is consistent with the rules of CCing as far as i know

Top Bottom