• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Fsmash should be more broken... A Marth Social thread

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
OMG i want to do that so bad now. Actually tbh the first thing i thought of when i saw that pic was tip fair to dair/upb

stelzig

Smash Lord
Omg i cant figure out which i want to do more: jab him repeatedly or tip fsmash before he moves.
Jab. Definetly jab... That's what I did (it's my marth lol)... Then i failed lol. Not my best set ever :(

Edit: That also means it's PAL btw. Don't Dair him, it's not nearly as fun when it doesn't spike :p

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
fullhop fair (catching with the bottom of the fair, tip) and double jump upb is still what i would do.

Pandu!

Smash Cadet
1. Pause game.
2. Look at opponent, dramatically shake head with glazed eyes.
3. Un-pause, and watch as he firefox's to the right.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hey guys. I'm new to this thread. I'm assuming we're talking about Melee, not Brawl or *cough*Project M*cough*, right?

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Talk about melee here generally, go to the brawl boards if you're into that kind of thing.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
NC is either neckbeards or small children. Sometimes hybrids emerge but they're rare.

L0ZR is the exception; he's just manly as ****.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
I want to open a random discussion up =D. Since I've picked up marth and left Falco, I always felt that Marth Though not placing high enough in tournaments, has still by far potential of being the most creative combo character in the game?

Falcon there is a lot of up-air, re-grabs, end in a knee, such and such...
Fox- most combo if at all revolve around shine,nair,grab,up-air, rare usage of like Up-b or For-b in combos... *EXCEPT for DARK he is crazy...*
Falco- Well he looks the same to me... The only thing that change about him is the way people show off with this char instead of creating something new to his combo because he is limited to certain moves like Fox.
Shiek- Yea we all know her combos...next...

Okay now what I see in marth is... He is the only char that uses all of his moves in his arsenal to potentially pro-long combos or end them in a more stylish way. No one has really tapped into using double-reverse fair into spike... Or, Reverse-Fair, ledge cancel, B-air, d-air *next to the edge*. I feel like marth still has potential combos that can be revealed *depending on your opponent DI*.

Now People might say WELL thats wrong cause Fox has this, or falcon has that... But really what char can use, F-air, Up-air, D-air, Forward B?, Neutral B, reverse aerials, Grab combos longer then any other char in the game *meaning u can do like up-throw, up-air into regrab.

Anyways these are some of my views as to why I switched to being a marth main. I love to combo and I feel like marth can do it just as well as any char in the game, BUT, still has more potential of having more diverse combos. When people see a combo video... there like oh everything ended in d-air or dolphin slash, but they never really focus on what goes on that LEADS up to the end of the combo.

So my point is... I think Marth has the potential to being the most dynamic/stylish/creative combo char in this game =D. *Of course that depends if ur fighting a floaty or a spacie.

*also my favorite combo was on Zhu when I D-air, he had a falling animation *where your spinning*, into F-tilt. Wish I could find that combo somewhere on youtube but I'm too lazy to look >.>.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Yeah I agree, Falcomist. One time I did a pretty cool combo where I double faired, and the second one ledge cancelled off the side of FD, and then I did forward B dair. It was pretty cool :3

Orko

Smash Apprentice
I think that's what Marth really has. Just anything he does is automatically sexy. And that hair...

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I thought that was his taunt...

(Seriously, I could just imagine him yelling out "PENIS THRUST!" while thrusting his anxious blade into the sky.)

Top Bottom