• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Fsmash should be more broken... A Marth Social thread

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Marth doesn't have a penis.
How can I be so sure? Because the ****-breaker combo doesn't work on Marth. (uptilt to dair)
Meanwhile, it does work on Falcon, fox, falco, and sheik. All of them do have penises.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
The thing you have to realize about marth is that he is simultaneously a floaty character and a really quickly attack character

Add to that the fact that he can fair/nair/bair/reverse up-b with virtually no lag, and that he can drop 3-4 moves off stage without even coming close to dying, and you have a prettty versatile character. even if most people just f-smash.

Is anyone going to allow him to get away with saying he can perform a double pivot? I mean, there must be someone out there who can do a triple pivot!?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I was, in fact, waiting for that so that i could break the metagame by introducing quad pivots.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Haley i'm not sure if thats within human limits. Nobody has the sort of reaction time to pull off that consistently.

Sveet, quit breaking the metagame with your pivot shennigans.
Haley i'm not sure if thats within human limits. Nobody has the sort of reaction time to pull off that consistently.
Don't have too. Just Dsmash, you cover all ground options ;D

Signia

Smash Lord
Double pivoting is good for when you want to move a small space forward and do a standing attack quickly where wavedashing is too slow because of the airdodge recovery frames, and when you have to be facing the opponent. And when that attack is not a grab, up-B, forward B, or up smash or else you can do it out of a dash anyway. And when you absolutely have to be facing the opponent; a single pivot into reverse f-tilt or f-smash works fine for those attacks. So that leaves...

-jab
-dtilt
-dsmash
-utilt
-no-momentum short hops, which allow for controlled spacing or fade-away fairs, nairs, or maybe uairs. Might make "crossups" more ambiguous too.

Pivoting into up or down tilts quick enough to be worth the speed of the the double pivot is prohibitively difficult. It would be amazing to have utilt always in your back pocket, though.

Double pivot could also allow you move forward without ever needing to leave your initial dash, allowing you to safely dash back any time you want while moving forward.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think I know what pivoting is . . . but would you mind posting a video example?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
pivoting is canceling out your dash with jump and before you actually jump off the ground you do an attack say like jab. Duh I thought people knew this... Doing the jump randomly makes the character turn the other way though, its pretty helpful.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Who is/are your favorite Marth player(s)?

Mine is Azen. But I like Ken too. I'm an old school kinda guy... lol

Niko45

Smash Master
I honestly think I like like every Marth player ever.

Anybody remember DJ Combo? lol

Most notables would be Ken, M2K, HBK.

Also I was in love with Tec0's Marth before he even took Marth seriously. Old Tec0 vs Magus vids? Yes please.

Top Bottom