• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
who usually hosts tourneys in ottawa, or have most people just gathered at cam's these past two years since brawl's release? i was thinking about maybe phoning around for venues to host something. i could probably find a venue and set something up for sometime late in april, but i would need help... so yah, who normally organizes this stuff?

also i was thinking about possibly starting up a facebook group to help accomplish this, kinda like what i did in halifax. obviously this place will still be around, just it would be easier to attract new players with a facebook page, rather than deep within the bowels of smashboards.

if you're curious plz check NS facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2544130341

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
soooooo who here has been to a tourney, where was it, who hosted it?
etc etc.

edit---- add me to your friend list :)

5327-0568-6868

buenob

Smash Lord
i've been to a lot of tournaments (well, not as many as fogel) and I've officially hosted one, and basically picked up the slack and got things done a couple times unofficially (swordguards tourney lol)

as for venu, I am waiting to get contact information from a friend of mine, which should come in the next few days... hopefully that will pan out 'cause it's epic... even though this may seem close, I'm still looking at a july/august tournament, maybe even september

so if you need a hand actually running things, I can definitely make things run smoothly, but I will definitely be competing, so you need extras to do it right lol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hey, if there's something in Ottawa or the area, you know I'm usually game for coming down to at least see how it's gonna be. And yeah, Buenob hosted one last February called OBscene (I remember doing commentary for the Winners' and Grand Finals :laugh: ). Some of the videos are on Youtube if you want to check out the stuff.

PND

Smash Champion
I remember doing unintentional commentary. . . insofar that I was sitting at the commentary table unbeknownst to me whilst carrying on conversations with random crowd members and getting all hype about the matches.

I'm pretty sure that ended up in some of the videos.

But I'd be down for helping out for any tourney, including the non-participation administration duties. And commentary.

buenob

Smash Lord
not that anyone cares, but I just got promoted at the toy store, so I'm now a keyholder and working fulltime there :D

ie. I'm not broke anymore, and my old boss can suck it!

/rant

ps. anyone still play dota? I just started playing again, and it would be fun to play with people

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I still play dota. I'll be down for playing some.

In return for raiding the toy store at night :D

PND

Smash Champion
So I broke my ankle today. Discuss.

(Side note: I'm in massive amounts of pain right now. Being allergic to painkillers is tragic for someone so accident prone.)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ouch...dude, jogging is actually supposedly really bad for you I hear. But uh...I guess it's kinda late to say that. Sucks to hear, but hope you get better soon.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
So I broke my ankle today. Discuss.

(Side note: I'm in massive amounts of pain right now. Being allergic to painkillers is tragic for someone so accident prone.)
Slap your ankle and yell at it to let it know who is boss. If you say it with enough conviction, your ankle should quiver in fear and get it's act together.

but yeah, wtf happened?

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
**** sounds painful. Ive been pretty lucky to never have broken any bones *knocks on wood*. As others have stated, what happened?

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Here, allow me to fill you in on some of the details.

It all started one sunny Sunday afternoon, when a rambunctious PNDMike decided to take Zelda (our dog) out for a walk. Zelda, being the hyper puppy that she is, decided that she did not want to walk, but instead run. Bosak, being the kind-hearted man that he is, figured "ah, what the hell, its only a jog." And thats when it got ugly...

Zelda dashed in front of Bosak, at which point Bosak realized he could do one of two things:

1) Kick the dog out of the way (not a falcon kick, just a regular one :D )
2) Side step the dog, and continue on his way.

He chose option 2. Side-stepping the dog, he managed to get his foot caught in soft mud, and, because of his continuing forward momentum, flipped forward only to realize that his ankle had stayed in the same place. A loud cracking noise ensued, followed by an agonizing scream of awesomeness (or possibly pain). Needless to say, he was unable to walk away from his injury, so he decided to call an ambulance. Once the ambulance was on its way, he called Bryant to pick up the dog. He is now back from the hospital and in Kemptville with his mother.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ouch man, that sounds...really painful. Though, I'm oddly surprised nobody's made a joke about "Jigglypuff doesn't swear!" or something joke.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Everytime I decide to look at the ottawa threads I always seem to see PND with an accident story, lol, wtf is going on?

Top Bottom