• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'll say this without taking any sides...

Both of you please stop polluting this thread with drama. If you want to argue then go on MSN or something. I don't care, just not here.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
@AL- You are treating this the wrong way. When someone rages at you for being BETTER THAN THEM, you have 2 options:

1.Do what you are doing right now and promote more drama.
2.Laugh at them and tell them to Lrn2Play, then laugh at them some more since he can't beat you.

keep in mind that option 1 entertains us the most, so I don't mind whatever option you take, but just to let you know.

@Charles- Srs man, keep this in a PM, we don't need to know whatever you feel.

Oh and, you suck :D

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
The host of cataclysm 5 got a great concept that I'll explain here. It's about crews, which we never do (and we should do them sometimes seriously).

It's about having crews with nobody having twice the same character in a crew. Hey, it's a great idea according to me!

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
****ing drama. I like this.

but for serious, the gay 'jokes' were getting kinda (read: very) old. And pretty insensitive too, especially considering a large part of the smash community in Ontario IS gay (I made a point to bring this up at tourney). Im glad alberto brought it up.

CGs and gimping are very important to marth and ICs. Fox v marth is even only because marth can gimp and chainthrow fox so well. Theres nothing wrong with cging and gimping someone to win matches. Marth and ICs have chaingrabs and gimps. Fox has upthrow uair and shine.

Charles and Al, do a 20$ MM or something.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
The host of cataclysm 5 got a great concept that I'll explain here. It's about crews, which we never do (and we should do them sometimes seriously).

It's about having crews with nobody having twice the same character in a crew. Hey, it's a great idea according to me!
That's a great idea. When we do a crew battle we should definitely do that.

@ Vanitas: I disagree with that decision, I'll PM you later to keep it out of this thread.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
If it started with smash, let it end with smash. Not here on the boards.

edit: Diddy Kong racing is hella fun

Diakonos

Smash Lord
That's a great idea. When we do a crew battle we should definitely do that.

@ Vanitas: I disagree with that decision, I'll PM you later to keep it out of this thread.
Seconded. There's a bit of attitude that needs to be lost on Charles' part, but you guys could definitely help him out by being patient. If you guys care about smash and the community, then just drop whatever nonsense you're pursuing. If you win, do it gracefully, and if you lose, do so gracefully and don't let it happen again. Figure it out-- there's no need for 5-year-old type emotions.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Looks like we'll be raiding a library.

Thanks Diakonos for the advice given.

No problem Al.

Even though I don't think it is entirely fair for Charles, I think if I host then more people will be able to show up. Maybe on the 29th for people who still have highschool? If Charles wants to be TO then it's fine with me but I can do so if nobody else wants to.

I think wobbling should be banned this time, even though I don't really like it being banned. Not every tournament Vanitas or Florence may go to will have it legal. Alternating would be good so they are more easily able to adapt between wobbling being allowed and not being allowed. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

I think at the end of June would probably be good. Wobbling would probably be legal if we want to alternate.

Lastly, I have a friend who seems interested in getting good at Melee. He may be attending the next smashfest. He may watch a bit as he doesn't know advanced techniques yet. If people could help him then I think he'd appreciate it.

Edit: Thread is 1.88 stars right now. Almost there.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I approve of this whole raiding a library idea.

I approve of having wobbling banned this time around. :)

I also approve of an end of June tournament. Once exams are done, i ll be in university and MIGHT have a more flexible schedule to attend events :p
Alright, sounds good.

And lastly i approve of this friend of yours who has picked up an interest in Melee. Who is he deciding to main? (if he has chosen yet) What's his name? If he gets interested in maining two eskimos, or a gay swordsman or a blue chicken, i dont mind helping him out.
His name is Kris. He posted here a while ago saying I'm a noob. He uses Fox. I told him to watch Wak's Advanced How to Play, but right now he doesn't know how to wavedash, l cancel, or short hop. He'll get better. :)

i DONT approve of the thread being 1.88 stars.
You don't have to. Soon this thread will be 1 star.

Also, Chris, how is a-TV-that-has-the-right-outputs-and-inputs-for-a-dazzle searching coming along?
I need my money back first! I think I may have found a TV right now. I SHOULD have it by the time the monthly comes around. I'll tell everybody when I've got it.

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
Hey
I used to play at the smashfests at Cam's when they were melee weeklies and then kind of dropped out when they became brawl bi-weeklies. Is cam now running melee tourneys again? If so when is the next one?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Hey there mouse7245! (if you stay, I'll just call you mouse lol)

Cam doesn't play host anymore because he doesn't play Smash Bros anymore. However, we try and have regular smash fests and just recently started having regular Monthly tournaments. We haven't decided when the next monthly will be, might be on the 29th. I'll be hosting a smashfest this coming Sunday if you're interested. There aren't to many people right now, lol.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Holy **** mouse.
I've heard legends of you.
Hint: Your name in passing.
I joined the scene in '08, and now play Melee with these guys.
Welcome back, hopefully!

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I remember you BC AL. Only met you a few times but I remember you always forcing FD lol. Um probably not going to completely rejoin the scene but might show up for a smashfest sometime. I just found out two people I know used to play smash and attended Cam's ToS tourneys so now I'm pumped to get some games in after taking so long off. Directions to the smashfest this weekend would be nice. Also if anyone has Cam's cell it would be appreciated.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Yeah I remember you BC AL. Only met you a few times but I remember you always forcing FD lol. Um probably not going to completely rejoin the scene but might show up for a smashfest sometime. I just found out two people I know used to play smash and attended Cam's ToS tourneys so now I'm pumped to get some games in after taking so long off. Directions to the smashfest this weekend would be nice. Also if anyone has Cam's cell it would be appreciated.
I'll PM you the address, use google maps for directions. I don't know how many people are planning to show up. Sorry, I don't know his cell number, but I think Cam still browses the boards from time to time. If you were to send him a message then he'd probably respond.

Edit: Btw, rate this thread 1 star. Vanitas may tell you otherwise but you shouldn't listen to him.

Top Bottom