• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

PND

Smash Champion
Of course I'm a beast. My crew has decided that if we were all X-Men, I'd be Beast. That's why I made that DK texture lol.

Bryant is Gambit, Riley is Angel, and Dave is Forge. (There's more, but I won't bore you with people you don't know)

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'll post results here.

Low Tier Singles

1. GanonPWN! ($4.80)
2. Wak ($2.40)
3. Vanitas ($0.80)
4. BL!TZ
5. M3GA
5. Linkshot
7. Florence
7. chlor0form

Doubles

1. Team Fanatic (GanonPWN! + Wak) ($13.00)
2. Hamlets (Cman + Vanitas) ($7.00)
3. Tom and Kai (BananaTrooper + Florence) ($4.00)
4. No Johns (BL!TZ + M3GA)
5. 1 Star Super Awesome Thread (LivewiresXe + PND)
5. chlor0form + Linkshot (chlor0form + Linkshot)

Singles

1. GanonPWN!
2. BananaTrooper
3. Vanitas
4. Cman
5. M3GA
5. Wak
7. BL!TZ
7. PND
9. LivewiresXe
9. Florence
9. Linkshot
9. chlor0form

I forget how much everybody got in singles.

GGs

Somebody else should do this next time. I don't like being TO.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I did bad job as TO. I don't mind hosting though. I'll have a TV for recording next time!

@ chlor0form: John is not teaming with me next time. You want to team?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Thanks for the matches everyone. No shoutouts to anybody in particular. Thanks for the Weegee praise! Soooooo fun.

@Jiggs "SPAM DOWN B!"
Weegee: "YAHOO! YAHOO! YAHOO!"
Jiggs: "JIGGLYYYYY"
"GAME!"

I'm still chuckling a bit at that.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
First and foremost, big props to Chris for hosting/great food and snacks. Very much appreciated man. Great tourney!

GanonPWN! - All that time wasted sitting on that couch when I could've been playing you instead. gj on ****** me in both of our sets, that was brutal. Amazing CF.

Alberto - good set man, even though marth dittos are -_-. We definitely should play more, ICs are a really interesting and unique matchup to play.

Charles - Good job on 4th, great matches too. I had a blast in friendlies, your fox is beast! Try not to be so hard on yourself when you fall behind during a match; just 2 shines and youre back in the lead again. And also, O.o at rainbow cruise

M3GA - you've got a really technical fox, good stuff!

Phil - again, I really shouldve played more friendlies with you instead of camping the couch. We only played a few games, but your characters (all 200 of em) are crazy.

Chris - again, great tourney. Go bug someone for a blue name :)

Mike - I am SO happy youre melee now man. Great matches, your DI is amazing. One more time also, big thanks for housing us last summer + amazing breakfast - that was too good. Keep playing melee with Ottawa, your jiggs is gonna get a lot of hate very soon :) (that's a good thing)

LivewiresXe - Good stuff in doubles man!

Tom - special shoutout to my doubles partner - we did amazing in teams! Great zelda buddy, you definitely saved my *** many times. Teaming with you both in tourney and friendlies was awesome, keep repping zelda!

Alan - youre hilarious man, youve gotta do commentary for ottawa. Good team matches.

chlor0form - great friendlies, and very fun tourney set. Good stuff.

GGS Ottawa!

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
GG for everyone... I hate you vanitas for coming early in losers brackets JUST to beat me!!!

GanonPWN! - Nice comeback on the first low tier set, and GG for 3-0 me on the second :p.. The doubles were nice, I got the point of how to play doubles only on the very last set though, sorry for being the most indecise person to choose a character >_> GG as well on the single tournament, those 2 match against you were these that I think I played the best in the whole day and you still managed to 2-0 me, too good!

BananaTrooper - Your marth is good, keep up the good work =). We should have played more friendlies of course, those we had were interresting and relatively close =)

Vanitas - Hate you, why coming in losers so soon!

Cman - Did not play you pretty often did I? =(.. I wanted to have some matches because I saw you beat V*ginas in singles and it amazed me!

M3GA - You're pretty good, keep it up =).. And even after our matches, you still managed to get an even ranking as me in singles, 5th, congrats XD

BL!TZ - Good tournament! Maybe I won't be able to come to the next ones because you host on saturdays, and I need to get a day off on these days to be able to come over, which sucks a little... however I can't wait to get another chance on your tourneys =)

For all the others who played with me yesterday, good games, see you soon I hope.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Special thanks to Chris for hosting the tournament. It was great fun for me and everyone else that participated.

Shoutouts to:

GanonPWN!- Good doubles set, I really enjoyed the matches. Perhaps we can play some 1 v 1 matches in the future

Kai- Good to see you again. Great set and congrats on coming second at the tournament. Hopefully we can play more in the future

Florence- Your zelda is really beast. Congrats on coming third in doubles and keep up the good work.

MEGA- Good stuff john, sorry I used falco against your fox in the tourny. good stuff!

Blitz- Great tourny B!itz, we all have a lot of fun. I may be hosting the next tournament. Good sets in doubles, unfortunately we didn't meet up in singles. =[

Vanitas- Good sets, what comes around goes around. Pleasure teaming with you in doubles and congrats on getting third in singles. Your behaviour 2day was also quite impressive, as only 5 people got disrespected instead of the usual 19. Keep it up!

LivewiresXe- Good sets, keep up the good work!

Mike- Nice to see you again mike, it has been quite a while. Too bad we didn't get to play either. Your jigglypuff has certainly improved.

Wak- Again, really good doubles sets. I really wanted to play you in a tourny match and in friendlies. Maybe next time!

CHLOROFORM- I had a lot of fun teaming with you in friendlies, your fox is getting really good. Good games, good games.

Linkshot: I had lots of fun playing friendlies with you, perhaps we will meet in the tourny next time!

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Gee well thanks for the shoutoutz, gaiz.

Good job, ganonpwn, you went falcon the whole way, right?

GGs guys, sorry I didn't make it out of pools.

Chris, stop sounding emo, and be happy. This is a command.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
@ everybody: Thanks for helping to make this monthly work out well. Special thanks to PND for making the brackets for singles.

First and foremost, big props to Chris for hosting/great food and snacks. Very much appreciated man. Great tourney!

Chris - again, great tourney. Go bug someone for a blue name :)

GGS Ottawa!
The tournament wasn't big enough for blue name. Sorry I didn't get to play you a lot. Next time we'll play more.

BL!TZ - Good tournament! Maybe I won't be able to come to the next ones because you host on saturdays, and I need to get a day off on these days to be able to come over, which sucks a little... however I can't wait to get another chance on your tourneys =)
Ya, it's too bad. I think during summer we'll be able to pick a good day for everybody.

Special thanks to Chris for hosting the tournament. It was great fun for me and everyone else that participated.

Blitz- Great tourny B!itz, we all have a lot of fun. I may be hosting the next tournament. Good sets in doubles, unfortunately we didn't meet up in singles. =[
Alright, that would be good with me. You may want to get PND's help.

GGs guys, sorry I didn't make it out of pools.

Chris, stop sounding emo, and be happy. This is a command.
lol, you'll do better next time.

I didn't mean to sound emo, so my bad. But I still think I don't make a good TO.

Edit: I'll post bracket images soon.

Low Tier Singles

Doubles

Singles

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Good games and stuff, guys. I have to admit to still having Brawl hands though. Y'know, where you have to actually mash down the buttons to make things smash or jump. :laugh:

Still got a bit of adjusting to do to that, but yeah, was fun.

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
BL!TZ - Good job hosting, having pizza/drinks and chips was really great and is very necessary when smashers gather. Your falcon is really good I think once you get more experience/better decision making you will be amazing!

Wak - The low tier set vs you made me feel really good, getting 4 stocked on FD and going back there two more times to finally take a game off of you was the best feeling :). Doubles was very intense, the game where it ended up in a 1v1 we had in the bag i don't know how we let it slip! You are the person who i played the most friendlies against I hope you gained more knowledge about the falcon matchup, its always so much fun to play against old timers, they play with more style!

Kai - You are most committed if you came down from Toronto to play, i appreciate that in a player -- Rock on! You should ask kirbykaze or jake for some falcon practice :D.

Linkshot - I was kind of disappointed to see you playing Luigi over gameandwatch but then you did 3 misfires in a row and it was ok :)

Vanitas - It sucks that i didn't get to play you in tournament i would have liked to play climbers vs falcon :D.

MEGA - your pikachu is surprisingly fast, it was scary!

BCgayAL - It sucks we didn't get to play next time i'll show you!

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
I did bad job as TO. I don't mind hosting though. I'll have a TV for recording next time!

@ chlor0form: John is not teaming with me next time. You want to team?
Sure, as long as linkshot doesn't mind. ;] We have like a month to figure all that stuff out anyway. You did a great job hosting blitz, thanks!! I'm glad you're near me, you gotta host events more regularly so i can come to them!! hah :p The pizza n drinnks and chips were a great touch, awesome man.

GG's to everyone I had a chance to play. Friendles were fun. I'll try and practice more to be a bit more competitive next time. -.-" I'll definitely aim to improve, and I'll be at te next one.

ganonpwn- mad respect, you're too good, congrats on winning

kai- awesome marth, can't believe you came all the way from toronto

vanitas-good set..(NOT) I hate your chaingrabs. lol.

cman-very fun matches, you did well, try not to be so hard on yourself after you don't win matches.

mega-ggs you've got some fast fingers for some of that technical stuff you do, pretty awesome.

wak-only played you in friendlies,but ggs. some of the stuff you can do in hrc is insane!

blitz-we didnt play much, but great job hosting :) ^^

pnd-great sset, you have great di aswell!

livewiresx-we didn't get to play.ttff

florence-zelda bair wat. always takes me by surprise!

linkshot-great doubles partner. soz i was kind of lackluster. we started out good but fell apart. next time if we play, i think we should pick diff. counterpicks

PND

Smash Champion
Sorry I left early before getting to play friendlies with y'all. Impatient girls for the lose.

1. GanonPWN!
Congrats on the win. We didn't get to play, but I'd love to face you sometime. :)
2. BananaTrooper
Awesome to see you again, Kai! Safe travels back to the GTA. Next time I'm gonna go straight Sheik vs you lol :) Melee 4 lyfe
3. Vanitas
Opposite of what I said to Kai, next time I face you there's gonna be *NO* Sheik lmao. Good matches, next time we play watch out for mah bairs. Nana's gonna die :p:
4. Cman
We didn't play. Lame.
5. M3GA
My mind is blown by how technical you are. I with MY little brother was half as devoted and awesome as you are, keep at it. You're a mini M2K in the making, you're mad impressive.
5. Wak
We didn't get to play, did we? Hopefully we'll get some matches in next time. :)
7. BL!TZ
Sucks that you didn't enjoy TO'ing. Did you dislike anything in particular about it? Anyway, next time I see you I'm giving you money for pizza. I didn't pitch and I feel terrible about it.
7. PND
Scrub.
9. LivewiresXe
Good stuff in doubles man. Maybe suggesting Falcon was a bad call on my part :(
9. Florence
Good IC's, good Zelda. Not gonna lie, I have absolutely no idea how to fight against a Zelda, I'm glad you didn't pick her vs my Jiggs and destroy me lol.
9. Linkshot
The Bacon anti-edgeguard Maneuver is the single greatest tech in the history of smash.
9. chlor0form
Man, you're so good at reading and destroying my Jiggs. If it wasn't for Uthrow rest I'd of lost for sure. Mad impressive.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Sure, as long as linkshot doesn't mind.
Up to you; my advice is save yourself, man XD
linkshot-great doubles partner. soz i was kind of lackluster. we started out good but fell apart. next time if we play, i think we should pick diff. counterpicks
lolwut I did well? Yeah, I need to work on Melee stage knowledge.

9. Linkshot
The Bacon anti-edgeguard Maneuver is the single greatest tech in the history of smash.
Thank you for the new sig. XD

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Sure, as long as linkshot doesn't mind. ;] We have like a month to figure all that stuff out anyway. You did a great job hosting blitz, thanks!! I'm glad you're near me, you gotta host events more regularly so i can come to them!! hah :p The pizza n drinnks and chips were a great touch, awesome man.
Alright, sounds good. I'll host a smashfest after Charlesz if he hosts on the weekend.

7. BL!TZ Sucks that you didn't enjoy TO'ing. Did you dislike anything in particular about it? Anyway, next time I see you I'm giving you money for pizza. I didn't pitch and I feel terrible about it.
There are just a hand full of things that I don't like. I don't like the pressure that comes with the position and I find I'm too laid back too run tournaments efficiently. There are other things but I'm can't recall them at the moment. I guess it's mostly that I don't have the right personality for it.

Edit: A side note, I have no more schooooooool!!!!!!

Edit 2: I do like having some influence with the rules, but I'd prefer to just give suggestions rather than make decisions about that sort of thing.

Edit 3: Ok, I'll stop editing after this lol. I forgot to address this.

7. BL!TZ Sucks that you didn't enjoy TO'ing. Did you dislike anything in particular about it? Anyway, next time I see you I'm giving you money for pizza. I didn't pitch and I feel terrible about it.
You don't have to but if you do then don't go past $5. It'll go toward the 'get a TV that can record god damn it' fund.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
so lucky schools over for you >_< i still have two more months of hell
****, i forgot to chip in for the pizza as well, i ll pay you back whenever

Charles, does your TVs have an output/input stuff. We could save Chris some money lolol
It'll be over by the end of June (unless you fail). University is better than High school. You just have to stay on top things and not get lazy.

You can pay me back by letting me borrow Dazzle so I can record. Not now, but later.

Even if Charles has a proper TV, I'll still buy a TV. If Charles is going to be TO for May then Wobbling will probably be banned, lol.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I no phail. Me vair goo at engrish yes?

Hahaha alright deal. Just out of curiosity, what are you planning to record?

Nice, it better be a legit, non laggy TV
I dont mind if he bans wobbling. I cant wobble consistently to save my life. I have awesome saucesome chaingrabs VS Fox naow as some of you guys have seen. :p
hhmmmm....... u pas! congladulashons!

Stuff. You'll see.

Damn right it will be legit.

I think it would be fair if he bans it if he wants to be TO. I should find out the tempo for you and Tom for wobbling.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
ooo fank yu vair much. ow much iz yo teebee? twenty for feefty?
ROFL love the spelling on that congratulations

Im going to hope its videos like the 6 knees on a samus, or that ganon tech video i linked you to lol

I already know it, its 200 BPM. Just that my mind races too fast when im playing meh. And for some reason i cant wobble facing right...weird disability i have.
probly gon be 50.

ty

Maybe.

Ok, I told Tom. I think he'll be more technical than you.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
50 bucks for a TV not bad

lol Toms my apprentice after all :p
Ya, it's pretty decent price. I think I've found one but I'm not sure if it has A/V output or not. I'll wait until I get my tax return back.

I want an apprentice :(. I'm not good enough to be teacher, lol. I'll have to get better.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
**** i have to start worrying about taxes soon :( Tell us ASAP if you get one!

LOL you can teach me Falcon. Ever since Kai beat me with his Marth, i ve been looking for a Marth counter over the thread. Falcon is my answer. :)
Alright, will do.

Ok, I was going to write a guide for myself (to organize what I already know so it's less of a mess in my head) and for my brother. I'll let you have a look when it's done. It's going to take a long time though.

Edit: It might not be that great though, lololol.

You should've just secondaried Fox instead of Marth. Marth doesn't cover ANY of the climber's bad matches.
Ya but if you pick Fox you might end up giving up your character for him. And that's no good because nobody likes Fox.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
?

I'm a Falcon main. I don't need no ****ing secondary. I ****ING LIVE FOREVER YO! FALCON KICKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Get@Will

Smash Champion
If Fox is boring, I don't know what Marth gay. So I guess it works out.

Just play low tiers for fun then. All the top tiers besides Falco are boring.

Top Bottom