• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
no to give you any trouble...but is it possible to start a bit earlier? maybe like 3:30
i have azn parents
but if you cant, its fine
I'd like to start earlier also, but PND said he was going to be able to show up at 3:45 - 4:00, but if he doesn't mind not being in doubles then we could start at 3:15.

also i think you should address setups...i dont think fitting 12 people onto two TVs is going to work very good ;)
Ya, we need more setups. I don't know who can bring a tv though.

IF ANYONE CAN BRING SETUPS, IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Charlesz

Smash Champion
no To Give You Any Trouble...but Is It Possible To Start A Bit Earlier? Maybe Like 3:30
i Have Azn Parents
But If You Cant, Its Fine

Also I Think You Should Address Setups...i Dont Think Fitting 12 People Onto Two Tvs Is Going To Work Very Good ;)

Lololol She Does Enjoy Video Games I Think...hahaha
Naw Im Getting Her A Corsage So I Cant Do That Online :p

If I Recall Correctly...charles Has A Decent One (not The Greatest But It Works...no Offense Charles)

**** You!!!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Oh crap! I forgot to mention...

@ Wak: I have a controller that is decent. It's an older model and I believe it's refurbished. I can lend it to you on Saturday. Maybe Charlesz could bring his extra and you could choose which one you like better for the day.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
EDIT:...so...are we going to be recording with my shitty camera again? :O If we re not going to buy the dazzle, i will go buy some batteries and a bigger SD card
and how are we going to decide brackets and such?
EDIT2: should we contribute to this thread? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267771
Wak, who does Elie use as their main? :O
I have rechargeable batteries we could use.

I think I've figured out seeding, I'll be using tio.

I don't think we should bother to contribute, there aren't going to be a lot of people this Saturday.

Also, sorry I haven't been on recently. Today I'll be writing my last exam. I'll have more free time probably after 5:00 pm.

Side note: This thread should be one star for Vanitas' disrespectfulness.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I felt bad for wasting Charles' batteries all the time so i went and bought some energizers lololol
meh i think people are too lazy to confirm themselves...
PEOPLES WE NEED MOAR SET UPS lol
What d i do this time to make myself disrespectful D:

EDIT: so i guess i ll go buy a bigger SD card instead? No one else is probably willing to go with me to buy a dazzle. D:
I should mention I have an extra SD card and a camera we could use for recording. I could lend the card to you after the matches are recorded. It was meant for my Wii but I never play on the Wii.

It's not about what you did, it's about what you've done. Stealing Charlesz thread is just plain disrespect.

Nah, I'm j/k. I actually just think that it would be lolz to look at 1 star for when I go on to look at this thread.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
2 GB.

Oh ya, that thing plays GC. We'd need a copy of another Melee. I have 2 memory cards fortunately.

I see somebody else has already rated the thread one star so I will do the same. 1 star means number 1 thread.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Too late.

I might be able to contribute some money for a Dazzle. I'll put $5.00 guaranteed right now (I know it's not a lot). I may put in more later.

I'm going to tell people at the tournament to rate this thread one star.

Edit: BTW, thanks for confirming another setup. My Wii + your Melee + my TV.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Haha, callin' commentators already, huh? Doesn't beat Buenob + Niko + everyone back at OBScene with Niko cracking every Ontario joke in the book. :laugh:

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
1 more star for SUPAR AWESUM THREDD

Commentating is hype
Aw ya, 1 star rating will be full of win.

Okay, some updates.

Since this is the first time I'm doing this, I'm going to drop Low Tier Doubles. Sorry if some of you were looking forward to it. I need more experience before I can do too many events.

Now, for an approximate schedule...

1. My house will be open at 11:00 am for friendlies.
2. I'm not sure about this, but I think Low Tier will start at 1:00 pm.
3. Doubles will start at 3:45-4:00. I put it at this time so PND can enter.
4. Singles will start after Doubles. I think there will be a 15 minute break in between.
5. I think people will have to GTFO at 9:00 at the latest (I'm not sure if my parents will be happy about 9:00 but that's too bad). Al has to leave at about 7:30 to 8:00 so hopefully we won't go past 9:00. I may have to change the time to 8:30. Sorry to people who like late night Smash Bros.

Is that okay with everybody? If anybody disagrees please say so.

Edit: Also, we need another set up, lol. I'll see what I can do about it as far as TVs go.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Thanks for teh consideration :)
Linkshot/Alan is probably bringing an extra TV based on what i picked up from his last post
On the bright side...I got a dazzle! we might not need commentary now haha
but i need to make sure i got the right one.. I got the Dazzle DVD recorder (Includes Pinnacle Instant DVD recorder) Can someone confirm for me that i got the right one D: I dont want to open it knowing i got the wrong one and wasted my money
np

I'll wait until he confirms it before I update.

I think it's the right one. What colour is it? If we want to use it, we're going to need a TV with a proper output.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
The device itself is white, the boxing is red D:
It says:
"Simply connect your VCR, DVD player, or almost any other video device to your Dazzle Capture Cable."
Right i think i ll open it now lol

EDIT: Holy ****, 2 star thread? D:
It should be right. You have to connect it to an output on your TV I think.

Almost at 1 star.

ill try and make it out to this. semiconfirm me?
Alright, I'll put you on the list unconfirmed.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
...after reading the instruction manuel, we need one friggen more cable...-_-
We need an RCA Video Cable.
If you cannot get an RCA Video cable, someone get an S-Video Cable and an RCA Audio cable...
If you mean the double sided cable, then I've got that.

Top Bottom