• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

Charlesz

Smash Champion
People will probably find a team mate on the day of the tournament.

I have a controller I can lend to you for a while.

Okay, this is getting a bit out of hand. Wak is a good player but he is not THAT good. I don't mean to sound mean, but it gets really annoying listening to how AMAZING somebody is when it's undeserved. Even when it's deserved it's still really annoying. No disrespect intended to Wak.

lol, al is an ultra fanboy.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Remember this sentence from Chloroform. Chloro's wisdom is beyond us mortals. Get Plato's allegory of the cave outta here!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Clearly Chris, you have never seen Wak do home-run contest or Break the targets. That guy is a god among gods when it comes to that ****.

Don't believe me? Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=fvst

EDIT: yo Phil, we should play sometime. We still have a 50-50 tie we have to clear up.

EDIT2: I have found the reason why Al is an ultra fanboy to wak. It is not only because Wak is a sexy beast of a man, but also because he can have johns if he loses, or pride if he wins.

Trufax

Linkshot

Smash Hero
So, I guess I should mention this.

I've been picking up Weegee :O

Just 'cause he's fun.

And he can wavedash to music.

How could I deny a character that can wavedash to music?

PND

Smash Champion
Smashboards is back up? Finally!

Every time I try to log on or post the site crashes. :(

I'm working 6 days a week right now, so sorry I haven't been crazy active. I'll be showing up a bit later on Saturday -- I couldn't get the day booked off work. I did get my shift shortened though, so I'm off work at 3. I'll get showered and head over immediately after.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I should probably tell everybody that I may not be able to host this Saturday. I'm busier with school than I thought I would be.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I should probably tell everybody that I may not be able to host this Saturday. I'm busier with school than I thought I would be.
If you were TRULY dedicated to smash, you wouldn't mind failing a couple of classes, or a semester.

I do not accept these johns

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yo chris I was wondering if I could host this saturday. I wasn't able to host last saturday .

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
If you were TRULY dedicated to smash, you wouldn't mind failing a couple of classes, or a semester.

I do not accept these johns
no u

Yo chris I was wondering if I could host this saturday. I wasn't able to host last saturday .
Sure, it's fine with me. I won't be there, I'm not TRULY dedicated to smash.

are you going to be busy next week as well? its like university exams month...maybe you would wanna postpone the tournament and successfully finish your exams?
The 21st is the last for my exams, so I won't be postponing. I'll probably play like **** in the tournament but I hardly care about that sort of thing.

PND

Smash Champion
Now that I have a job, I'd definitely pitch towards it.

Oh, and I should have clarified in my last post -- I was talking about showing up to the tourney on the 24th. Exhausted-from-work johns FTL. I get off at 3, so I'll be there as soon as I can. Since it won't be going late that means I can probably only enter whatever the second event is.

Finally, 64 event sounds awesome. It was mentioned a while back, I think, but I can't recall where. I'd definitely support it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That video for the win, haha. And I unfortunately can't use my converting stuff to put the matches up since well...my PC got wiped a while back, ugh.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
kinda late notice, but Im unexpectedly back in town for the weekend. Im not sure if I can get the car tomorrow - is anyone willing to give me a lift? I'm fairly far from charles' place though... (barrhaven). If anyone's willing, let me know :)

Charlesz

Smash Champion
GG kai, very intense games between your marth and my fox. Hopefully you can make it to the tourny next week.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Vanitas, what I have is some piece of equipment that you hook up to a VCR and it transfers stuff from a VHS tape to the computer. However, all the drivers and stuff to run it got taken off when pc got wiped. :(

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually it's true that I'm not that good, I can place among the best players in Ottawa but I'm not miles ahead of anybody here. I can win but lose easly to arsenic and saus. I have my strong points in-game, as much as I have weaknesses.

I have done many things for the community though, and I believe that's what I've done the best. . . Blitz is right that I do not really deserve props for my playing skills in particular.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Actually it's true that I'm not that good, I can place among the best players in Ottawa but I'm not miles ahead of anybody here. I can win but lose easly to arsenic and saus. I have my strong points in-game, as much as I have weaknesses.

I have done many things for the community though, and I believe that's what I've done the best. . . Blitz is right that I do not really deserve props for my playing skills in particular.
You definitely deserve props for that and being a cool guy. Your Home Run Contests and Target Tests are pretty damn slick.

DRAMA

though i suppose this is fairly tame compared to the GTA
Lol, I didn't intend to stir up any.

Putting the name Elie under the "maybe coming", he's like, the only one playing in gatineau beside me.
Okay, I put him on unconfirmed.

I'll send everybody an email tonight asking for them to confirm themselves for Saturday. If they still aren't sure, I'll leave them on the list unconfirmed.

Actually, I'll put everybody unconfirmed for now and change it when they confirm themselves in this thread or otherwise.

PND

Smash Champion
I am confirmed. I'll be heading out the moment I'm off work (3) and probably arriving around 3:45 - 4:00 ish

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
hmm, should i go shopping with my prom date...or go to this FANTABULOUS smash tournament...lol
I'm pretty sure he/she won't mind if you don't go shopping with them.

I am confirmed. I'll be heading out the moment I'm off work (3) and probably arriving around 3:45 - 4:00 ish
Alright, I've confirmed you.

Tournament will hopefully start at 4:15 pm, or when everybody shows up. People can show up at 2:00 pm at earliest. I'm not sure how long people can stay for, but you might not be able to stay too long after we finish. I'll find out later.

Also, I'm switching to just having a list of attendants. People can choose what event they want in the day of the tournament.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I have no clue about times lol. I've never done this before, I have no idea how long matches will take. Plus, I don't know how many people will show up. I can tell you the time we may start and the order of events though.

I'll try and get things started at 4:15. Doubles, Singles, Low Tier Singles, then Low Tier Doubles.

Edit: We'll take 15 to 30 minute breaks between events.

Top Bottom