• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Oh crap, I didn't think about that. That could cause a problem.

If it's so much of an issue like if there wouldn't be enough people, then we could have it at my house again but Charlesz can be TO.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
dunno, im going to be busy with basketball for the next couple of weeks hahaha so i probably wont make any smashfests for a while...though i ll most likely be there for the next tournament :)
Taking home the gold this time around now that there will be less Marths too worry about lol
I disagree.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I said that to promote moar competitiveness...geesh, of course im not going to get 1st -_-
though i did two stock your Fox with my IC without wobbling, which is an accomplishment for me lol
That's because I tripped and fell. Get at me.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
When I lose to people, I already feel the need to improve. I don't really need to know who's better when I already know who's better than me.

I lean towards not having a PR, since there aren't a lot of people, but to be honest I don't really care either way. If you decide to then I don't think I should be a panelist.

Edit: This thread is terribad. 1 star.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be in Markham this weekend, and the Saturday after that I work a **** shift (8 am to 6 pm). . . so anything going on NEXT Sunday? lol

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
PR are the very first source of flaming, trashtalking and trolling. Against.

I was a mod before and it was the lamest **** that has ever been made on smashboards.

Florence

Smash Cadet
PR are the very first source of flaming, trashtalking and trolling. For.

PR was the greatest **** that has ever been made on smashboards.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I agree with Wak. Only low lifes like BC AL would ever think of something like that.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Why have a PR when the melee community is less than 10 people?

You guys should already know who is better than you and who you are better than. And a PR won't do **** to increase overall competitiveness (<- wtf?) in such a small group.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be in Markham this weekend, and the Saturday after that I work a **** shift (8 am to 6 pm). . . so anything going on NEXT Sunday? lol
Maybe I could host on Sunday instead of Saturday next week.

@ Charles: I'll be able to go on Saturday. Hopefully somebody else will be able to go too, lol.

Edit: About the PR stuff...

I get why some people would like to start a PR for Ottawa, but I don't think it's a good idea. We should probably not bother. Just focus on getting better. I think we'd be better off. We should try and make it to tournaments in Toronto and Montréal whenever possible.

There is a reason why there are PR regulations (I know it was posted in 2006 but they are here http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=124&a=72) A PR for a single city is just kind of boring in my opinion. Even if we did have a lot of people, everybody would still have a basic idea of who is the best just by playing them.

PRs for Provinces/States make more sense and are better overall. If an Ontario PR is something some people would like to aim for, then we'd have to give other cities in Ontario a reason to start one by getting much better and possibly larger than we are right now.

We need more people!

I think there is something more important than starting a PR, and that's making our scene larger. Has anybody had any luck? For anybody who is trying to introduce friends, I'd suggest not pushing them too hard. If they end up enjoying Melee and want to play other people. If they don't then oh well, but don't keep pushing something on them that they don't like.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Wow Charles, seriously, will you shut the fuck up about BC AL stuff, the disrespect stuff as well as picking solely on me all the time? Just because i beat you all the time doesnt give you the right to criticize everything i do. It might have been funny the first time around but its plain out annoying and no one finds it funny. The Power ranking idea was just a suggestion, i didnt mean to bring up hate.
I don't think Charles was serious, but if it bothers you too much I'll stop it too. I'm sorry if I got annoying.

Nobody's is hating (I don't think) about the PR. It was a good suggestion and I understand the reasoning behind it, but I think that there are more negatives than positives.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Wow Charles, seriously, will you shut the fuck up about BC AL stuff, the disrespect stuff as well as picking solely on me all the time? Just because i beat you all the time doesnt give you the right to criticize everything i do. It might have been funny the first time around but its plain out annoying and no one finds it funny. The Power ranking idea was just a suggestion, i didnt mean to bring up hate.
How the **** do you beat me all the time. When I started going in this scene like 4 and a half month ago and I almost beat your *** in our league match. Series tied 2-2 , my counterpick , last stock for both people. Bam I get wobbled to like 120 then upsmash. You win 3-2. Next league at chris's house, I **** your IC's on dreamland. You counterpick the same stage as marth, I start ****** your marth and it is 3 stock for me ( at high percent ) and 1 stock for you (High percent). Then die and get edgeguarded twice at low percentages, with the second edgeguard assisted by wind. I go sheik barely lose on my counterpick and Win on my next one. Series tied 2-2, I get counterpick battlefield and then ragequitted after a gay *** marth 0-death. I beat you at the tourny on the 24th of april in the winners and you beat me in the losers bracket. I really dislike how you meatride everyone and occansionally promote yourself. You constantly john about IC's and try to change rules in your favor. I didn't mention this but I think I will, during teams I was ****ing carrying. You were suppose to tank stocks for me and you didn't. In a couple of the team matches I had like 6 kills and tanked my stocks as well, whereas you has zero kills and took my second last stock when I died. The only game we won when we played against zac and wak was when I got 7 kills and beat them 2 on 1 ( zac at high % and wak at low %).

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
nahh like every second at the tournament, i d hear him say something bad about me. You didnt do anything wrong lol
im the only one who gets picked on in the community even though i try hard to get the respect of the community by practicing and working hard to improve my game.
It's true that you are the only one that is used as jokes and it does get boring. That being said, you do get respected by other people here. I also appreciate the fact that you have helped my brother Tom get much better at Melee than he used to be.

@ Charles: No trash talk/drama in this thread plz. PM him if you like.

Top Bottom