• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'll send you the address Crusher. If you can come please tell me in advance.

My friend Kris will probably be here. He'll bring a Gamecube and Melee. He's new to competitive Melee so go easy on him.

Edit: Your brother is welcome also.

We may need another TV and setup. it looks like there will be quite a few people this time.

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
I can bring my cube but I'm probably not staying right till 7 so you may be left short when I leave (around 6 or w/e I get bored)

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Alright that would help. My friend said he'd bring his but you may want to bring it anyways just in case.

Okay so far there is BL!TZ, Florence, MEGA, Mouse, Chlor0form, Linkshot, PND, Crusher, possibly Crusher's brother, and my friend Kris. That's 10 people (holy ****). I don't think I missed anybody unless Cman wanted to come.

I don't think there will be a third TV, lol. **** with all the people coming though. I'll set up an NES on a TV (without RCA inputs) because I think people might get bored waiting for a match. I'll be trying to get another TV soon.

Edit: If somebody CAN bring a TV it would probably help, lol.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I am coming as well! Best smashfest ever, maybe it can be even better than the one when I played my tertiary characters against BC al on kongo!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I am coming as well! Best smashfest ever, maybe it can be even better than the one when I played my tertiary characters against BC al on kongo!
Okay, I'll see you here! I doubt it could be better than what you described.

lol nuoice, sounds like a full house. Hope everything goes well tomorrow :)
Ya, I'm surprised at how many people may be here. I hope nobody minds waiting for a while for a chance to play.

Okay I will use G&W against him.

:V
lol, sure.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Hey, sorry, got called into work today. I was planning on going, but needed to cover for a coworker.
It's too bad you weren't able to come. But at the same time, I don't think there were enough TVs lol. Hopefully we'll get to play at Cman's next week.

@ everyone who went yesterday - How was the smashfest? anything exciting happen? :p
Nothing in particular. I'll reveal some things that happened since I don't think anyone will object...

Mouse was pretty good. I think he is still rusty lol. He said he has mained Ganondorf, Fox, and Falco in the past but he is not sure right now who he would consider his main. His Ganondorf was pretty beast in my opinion.

chlor0form is considering switching to Yoshi only. His Yoshi is pretty beast.

Kris didn't come. What a noob.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Confirmed. This means you're teaming with a bottom tier! :D lolol. Nah, I'll play another character if you'd prefer, maybe my fox (only for the tourney though).

Charlesz - UMAD? :p lulz
Nah, you can use Yoshi if you want to. Yoshi is ****ing sick. Besides, my brother got third teaming with Kai using Zelda. Not saying we will get third, lol.

I think there is a Yoshi revolution going on or something because I've noticed more Yoshi players around.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
no CHLOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! And yeah I'll host next week, I'm pretty sure I can get chrusher and his bro to come over.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm def gonna be in the city this weekend, let me know when things are going on. I'm free ALL Sunday for Melee, chilling, sushi, whatever. S'all good with me. Possibly Monday as well, and probably Saturday afternoonish for a bit.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I might be able to come over at the tournament in may 29th, I asked to finish earlier and it's all good =). I'll finish at noon or something around, so I'll probably show up at 2PM.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
@ Wak: Alright then. I added you to the list. I hope you'll be able to make it!

While thinking about what Get@Will suggested for the Falcon Only Tournament, I thought of this stage list. How about we have...

Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, and Pokémon Stadium. Personally, I would prefer just having all the stages in Singles but if people think it would be more entertaining, then I'd be fine with having these stages. I don't think you'll be able to have a ban if there is only five stages.

Any objections to having five stages?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
You also missed the rule where all kill shots have to be landed with a Knee. None of that Uair edgegaurd ****, Falcon Knee is for real men.

Top Bottom