• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

buenob

Smash Lord
lol there's no way it'll be less than 100 to go alan, not this close to the travel date, also you'd probably have to find your own housing

infomon

Smash Scientist
I was about to give up on it when I saw that double-MK was banned in teams. liek wth scrubs

but then I saw that at least they'd allowed Distant Planet as counterpick, even if a bunch of other stagebans are nonsense. so meh I'll prolly go.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I was about to give up on it when I saw that double-MK was banned in teams. liek wth scrubs

but then I saw that at least they'd allowed Distant Planet as counterpick, even if a bunch of other stagebans are nonsense. so meh I'll prolly go.
I'm sorry but I may be reading this wrong. you implying we are scrubs? Although that may be correct, just because I don't feel like seeing four mks in grand finals shouldn't mean you subtly bash us. I just want people to get their money's worth when they join doubles, rather than getting wrecked by two nados on the screen.

And what's this about distant planet? What stages do you find nonesense that are banned?

buenob

Smash Lord
gichan - lol it's best for you not to get started on this :) he means it in the best way possible

also -> move the rest of this over to our HD-Remix thread plz if you're actually offended

Gichan

Smash Champion
Best for me not to get started? As in I should be afraid?

I'll talk to you guys in person then about it, no need for teh webz to make things look hostile.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it really should be in the first post. Anyhow, there's another season coming up soon and a biweekly on the 15th if you're still in Ottawa.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Forgotten Stuff

Someone forgot a black bag here yesterday. Let me know if you need to pick it up before next Friday and we can work something out.

Biweekly Stuff

There is a biweekly next week. Register if you're in.

Also, I will need a volunteer to run doubles this week. I have a Go League match at 7:30 on Friday, so I won't be able to handle registrations for doubles this week (I should be ok for singles...the game shouldn't take that long, I hope). Anyone willing to step up? Whoever it is should try and be here by 7:15 or so.

League Stuff

Season 1 of the league is now complete! Haze has won House Blaziken in Brawl. Congratulations!

Final standings have been updated on the site: http://dotbmp.com/ssbb/league.html

That said, let's get season 2 started. If you're interested in playing this season, please post. I'd like everyone to re-register as I remember seeing some posts about some people not playing this time around. I want to make sure only people who are interested in playing this season will be signed up.

Registrations are due by this upcoming Thursday (the 14th). The league post has been updated with the new dates. I've decided to keep the rules as-is for now, as I haven't seen or heard of any major issues with them. That said, if you'd like to suggest changes, bring them up soon so we can discuss.

The league rules post (which can also be found in my sig): http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8961157&postcount=3755

Matt07

Smash Master
Woot grats Haze!

Sign me up for the next league for Brawl only, the league idea was awesome, and I had lots of fun! Hopefully this time I get to play all of the people in the league.

Also, I have a class on Friday that ends at 7, so for most of the bi-weeklies, I'll be arriving at around 7:30-7:45, so :urg: I might be late for singles most of the time...:(. I still will be coming this Friday though.

PND

Smash Champion
Can you sign me up for the Melee league too? Lowest seed, if possible >_>

I'll be there on Friday -- but I may not be entering singles. Depends entirely on my doubles performance lmao

Matt07

Smash Master
Haze, we're still teaming this Friday right? If I don't arrive too late for doubles I'll probably get there around 7:30-7:40.

Top Bottom