• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

Fogel

Smash Lord
From Bryant's post, I gather I may not have made this clear in my initial post, but the league is UP!

Current pools/standings are at: http://vv.carleton.ca/~cam/league.html

I'm hoping a lot of league matches will get done next Friday, as things are going to get tough near the end of the month! Christmas and New Year's are both Fridays, so there won't be any Smashfests then. If a lot of league matches aren't done by then, I might push back the season end date by a week or two just to give people time to finish.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I can't help but notice that the league has been posted on a virtual ventures page. Does that mean you've taught at/attended it in the past?

Fogel

Smash Lord
I can't help but notice that the league has been posted on a virtual ventures page. Does that mean you've taught at/attended it in the past?
I was a camper, then volunteer, then HA (if those still exist). Could have been an instructor the next year, but then got offered a programming job, so I took that instead. It's been awhile though! I'm actually surprised my VV account still exists, but free web hosting is free, so I'm using it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd make it out tonight but I was at school today for a bunch of stuff that I had to work on/finish before exams and driving and weather were crap. I REALLY don't feel like driving another 100+ KM tonight on how tired I am, to be honest. Though, might make it next week since my one exam ends before noon. Also Matt, what should I do in regards to Chrono Cross/your FF3 DS?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Shoutouts!

@Dr. Wily: Dude, you ****ing OWNED Ariel! Good matches against Cam, though!
@Matt: Thanks for the mattress! I got home okay, obviously XD
@Bryant: Sooooooo clutch set. We need to play more often.

Fogel

Smash Lord
This was probably the best smashfest in a while. It was nice to see so many people out!

There were a lot of league results, but as some of you know from yesterday, I'm currently locked out :( I'll do what I can to put the current standings up somehow. Slightly related, does anyone have web hosting I can use in case I can't get back into my VV account?

Fogel, Arsenic, Charlesz, and Bl!tz, GGs
had a hell lot of fun playing u guys :)
Good games, fun sets, I'll get you next time in Melee!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Aww man....the one week I have to go back to school on a Friday to work on stuff and not only does my Wii sensor cord get vacuumed up by my mom, but "the best Smashfest ever" happens? :ohwell:

Fogel

Smash Lord
Thanks to Ben, we now have a place to put league results for now. The URL is: http://dotbmp.com/ssbb/league.html

Thanks Ben!

A LOT of league matches were played Friday; Melee and Brawl pool A are mostly done. Brawl pool B still has a ways to go. Let me know if any results are inaccurate, or if I missed any games.

In my own opinion the league has been a success so far; matches are intense and people are taking it seriously, which is what I was going for. How does everyone else like it?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty fun. But screw smash, we need to race more, Cam. If we MM9 again, you are definitely going down. Also, we need to caravan =P

Fogel

Smash Lord
Yes, there is a biweekly. I should have posted something earlier, sorry about that. Also, there will be no biweeklies/smashfests for the following 2 weeks, as Fridays are Christmas and then New Year's, respectively.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Sign me up too. I need to get most of my leage matches done friday. Though I will still have another exam to do, I desperatly need the break.

Edit: maybe round robin. I'd be up for it if the turnout was low. I'd really really like to have a full-scale biweekly to try and get some Ankoku points for Jiggs. She's last ATM :(

but obviously if there aren't enough people... It may be too soon to tell, though.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I'll be needing a partner too. Riley, if Matt already has a partner, did you want to team again? Last time we did was epic, and since we know eachother's playstyles better, I think it we would get top 3. (read: I won't kill you with rollout(much))

If not, I still need a partner for tonight.

Top Bottom