• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old and new Sonic mains alike, introduce yourself.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I'm Catt, and I'm somewhat new to these boards. I've browsed them for a couple months now, but just never got around to making an account.

I'm not at all new to, or unfamiliar with Sonic. I've mained him since the day SSBB came out in the US, but I know I have plenty of room to improve. I hope I can contribute some useful strategies and ATs to these boards, and improve my Sonic game as well as other's Sonics too.

See ya on the boards!
go away .

P a i n

Smash Cadet
I am Paul, and the sonic boards are getting more and more like /b/.
My aims as a sonic mainer or something gay like that is to run around really fast for lulz.

:046: Paras.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If this gets closed because of MempshisChaynes, I'ma be all mad like.

:093:
Gonna be all mad like...haunter?

Also, I welcome the new and vastly improved Memphis.

The old one was anti-steak.

:jigglypuf

Tenki

Smash Hero
Why does memphis tell every new Sonic main to go away? :urg:

It's not like you can complain about spam in this thread.
because of things like this
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196583

and this
Does anyone know how actually you can get Sonic's Up Smash spike to actually work every single time you try it? I am sometimes lucky and get Sonic's spike to actually work and when it does work my opponents are usually screwed because what it does it send your opponent down and close near the center of the bottom of the stage and i just cant get it to work when ever I want it to. So is it possible to make it work when you want or is it just a luck thing? I also know that Sonic's down air is also a sorta spike at one point but that isnt as good as the Up Smash Spike.

and this
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196493

Anyway, memphis hasn't changed.

I forgot how, maybe it was thread necromancy or something, but I saw a memphis post from like, March, and he already hated everyone.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Im JayBee, aka Kojin, the best Sonic in VA. :093: grrrrr

:mad:
What's your favorite Sonic game?

Are you a fanboy?

Do you think global warming is the cause for Sonic's speed?

Do you like Haunter?

1: Sonic 2 hands down.

2: Does having almost every Sonic game in extistince count?

3: No, Sonic's speed is the cause of global warming. Now that I think about it, that probably reiterated my answer to question 2.

4: DREEEEEEEEEM EEEEEEETTAAAAA!!!!

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Gah, I remember when I actually tried to be productive on the sonic boards... so stupid of me. =)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Awesomeness isn't something that can be obtained.

You have to force it into a co-existence with your own body without trying at all, to avoid the inevitable fails that come along with it.

In short, it's all natural, like steak.

See? They're like flowers.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Jesus, Puffball, go back in Photoshop and fix that pic, now. Please! you make my eyes bleed. AND NO NOT STEAK SAUSE!

AelzMarth

Smash Rookie
Just a warning... Prepare yourselves for a more serious post.. and a rant =/

I main sonic, but am slowly dissipating away from it because I hate losing to noob idiots who can spam some random attack and can out-prioritize my sonic trixes. Let me clarify something first... By noob idiots, I mean people who can actually somewhat play the game, but use characters like MK or Wolf. On that note, I'd like to express my agitation with Wolf just because I can =/ In general, I'm not very impressed by Wolf and rarely do I have trouble with him... however, I find it ridiculous how unpredictable some of his moves are, and how insane the range on some of his most basic attacks (foward smash anyone?) are... Take this rant however you will, but I hate feeling like I have to try twice or 3x as hard as someone playing another character does to beat any one certain character. Bah, I just hate Sonic's priority issues.. and I hate having to use nothing but tricks when I play.

That being said, I love Sonic as a character and I love how he plays.. it just seems so much easier with other characters >.>

To drop all this serious ****, I'll get more to the original point of the thread :o

What's your favorite Sonic game? -Sonic 2

Are you a fanboy? -I guess... I love most of the games.. can't f*cking wait for unleashed :o

Do you think global warming is the cause for Sonic's speed? Other way around... of course

Do you like Haunter? -Let's just say, I never got a Gengar... and that tongue makes me moist <.<

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Just a warning... Prepare yourselves for a more serious post.. and a rant =/

I main sonic, but am slowly dissipating away from it because I hate losing to noob idiots who can spam some random attack and can out-prioritize my sonic trixes. Let me clarify something first... By noob idiots, I mean people who can actually somewhat play the game, but use characters like MK or Wolf. On that note, I'd like to express my agitation with Wolf just because I can =/ In general, I'm not very impressed by Wolf and rarely do I have trouble with him... however, I find it ridiculous how unpredictable some of his moves are, and how insane the range on some of his most basic attacks (foward smash anyone?) are... Take this rant however you will, but I hate feeling like I have to try twice or 3x as hard as someone playing another character does to beat any one certain character. Bah, I just hate Sonic's priority issues.. and I hate having to use nothing but tricks when I play.

That being said, I love Sonic as a character and I love how he plays.. it just seems so much easier with other characters >.>

To drop all this serious ****, I'll get more to the original point of the thread :o

What's your favorite Sonic game? -Sonic 2

Are you a fanboy? -I guess... I love most of the games.. can't f*cking wait for unleashed :o

Do you think global warming is the cause for Sonic's speed? Other way around... of course

Do you like Haunter? -Let's just say, I never got a Gengar... and that tongue makes me moist <.<
I don't like you already.

Go away and never come back.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I feel like the Sonic Boards is some remote island where there used to be some semblance of civilization, yet began to degrade into some sort of primeval tribe. As the torment of naysayers who looked down upon the idol of the inhabitants, Sonikku za Hejjihoggu, played with the minds of the locals, the members of the Sonic island began to lose all sense of common civility. Now the island has becomed desolate with only a few inhabitants who dare wander its treacherous lands. Every once in a while members of other civilizations, or perhaps stray loners will stop by the island, only to promptly be frightened away by temerity, folly, and overall ludicrousness. Some souls however are never able to escape... forever incarcerated in the steak-loving land of the Sonic Boards.

The End.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
*appears in a cloud of flowers* Hi!

Erm...no -.- *burns the flowers*

I main both Peach and Sonic (Peach because I'm good with her and Sonic because I'm a huge fan of the Sonic series).

It's much more fun to win with Sonic though :)

Favourite Sonic game: Sonic and Knuckles 3. Hyper Sonic for SSB4. Sonic Rush series rocks as well

Global Warming is far too slow to be caused by Sonic's speed

Haunter is a beast. I never did get a Gengar because I have no friends so I couldn't trade him I preferred Haunter

:093: >>>>>>>>> :094:

lil cj

Smash Lord
Hi everyone:)
It feels good to be bac in the Sonic boards...its been a while
Yeah....i main Lucas, Zelda, Ike, Lucario, Meta Knight, and SONIC
Sonic is a beast and deserves some respect
Its not easy being the fastest character in the game.
Sonic does a good job even though he has his weaknesses
against most of the cast...but we Sonic mains still find ways to win:)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I don't mind really. At least you're not making stupid threads about spikes for the third time or anything.
I'd hide however, because Mem is going to rip your **** off.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I don't mind really. At least you're not making stupid threads about spikes for the third time or anything.
I'd hide however, because Mem is going to rip your **** off.
I'll do my best to make sure anything I do contribute will be intelligent then :laugh:

Hey Memphis, hands off my breasts

*goes back to the Peach boards for now*

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Read the stickies,don't act like an idiot (unless it has to do with steak),don't make threads about things that have been disccussed weeks/months ago,read the stickies,eat steak, watch out for Boxobairs,read the stickies, get a pokemon for the end of your posts (optional)and uh...Read the Stickies.

:009:

Top Bottom