• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Dude you are just racking up the double-post reprimandation points. You know if you do that too much you get in trouble right? I'm not really sure what happens though, I guess they take a chunk of your total posts away therefore making it harder for you to move up a bit on the rankings. Or they might just block you from posting for a while. Not really sure. Anyone wanna interject and correct me here?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Oh... well... best watch out for that then.

ANYWAYSSSSS... what's the topic? Where were we?
How about: "Which of the returning characters do you see appearing next?"
Personally I see Yoshi or DK. I'm a little nervous about DK though because we havn't seen much from him yet and he was confirmed right away for SSB64 and early for Melee, but still no news. He'll probably be in but still... c'mon monkey, don't die on us.

Devastlian

Smash Lord

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Apparently, the next one may very well have online features.

Also, I'd suspect Yoshi and Marth (because of their stages) and Donkey Kong (because of his indispensability and general pimpedness) to be next to be revealed.
Well it says in the article that Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn WON'T be Wi-Fi enabled. They said maybe the next one.

And I think you're right about the stages. God I hope Marth is back. I just started getting good with him, I don't want to have to give up now.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Phooey on Marth. Who needs him when you've got Ike?

I think the next update will be larger than one character, though. Like, at E3 or something. A big trailer like the one in Melee where they go through all the starter characters and the features of the game.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I have a circle of friends (a count of 5 including me) who play Smash (6 if you count the kid who refuses to play Melee because he rips too well at 64 and doesn't want to let his rep down). I need some Wi-Fi soon or I'm going to explode from lack of new competition. I swear no matter how old I get, I'm going to be playing Smash always. 17 and counting baby! **** growing up.
You got a nice little circle there, but I understand what you were saying about nailing your friend's gameplay so it's not new or exciting anymore.

That's the spirit, never stop smashing hombre! I plan to smash through college, though hopefully it'll be brawling by then.

If you want new smash competition, let your whereabouts be known and people might offer to travel "X" distance to smash with you. You deffinately won't benefit nearly as much from 3 months smashing with your friends as you would from 6 hours at a tournament getting *****.

hes the only one from his series and he was in SSB.. why not?
That's a good point. I doubt Falcon could get the boot, but you just don't know.

Except the three confirmed to come out this year.
Ownedgaru!

Yeh, just realized that one. EDITED FOR STUPIDITYX.
-.-
Edit: BTW that was lag who caused that one.....
Lag has an effective persona now?

By the way, did they finally confirm Yoshi or is this the result of sillyness?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
By the way, did they finally confirm Yoshi or is this the result of sillyness?
They haven't confirmed Yoshi yet. They should, though...it's not like it's not obvious. It's not like we're not dying without you acklowledging our existance, Mr. Sakurai. It's not like we need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And stuff.

N00b Fox

Smash Rookie
I think they should definetly bust out Toad, from the Mario Series. He would have an amazing Up A and would have an interesting approach to his B's. Not to mention, he's a bad ***. He would need a mean spike tho.

Eh'.

-N00b Fox.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Agree with you Koarin...He is aware though, so we will get info...Yoshi should just get confirmed because we've already seen his stage...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yoshi's getting in. No doubt in my mind. And Marth too. This is due to their courses already being put in the trailer. I gotta say I'm scared for Falco and Sheik. Falco's my main and Sheik is my 3rd/4th (with Ganondorf). Not too scared of DK... well a little... but Diddy is requested highly and they have yet to say they "can't" and "won't" have Donkey Kong, so I'm thinking he's in too. Everyone else of the original 12 should make it too, I'm fairly certain.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...Falco's my main too...since he was popular amongst melee player he should get in...I want DK in, and Marth may be out for Ike possibly...(Marths my second main)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
You can't really plan on maining anyone. You can want to play as a character, but you don't know who you're going to main. In SSB64 I wanted to play as Pikachu and Link, but ended up maining Ness and Kirby. And in Melee I wanted to play as Roy and Sheik, but ended up with Falco and Marth (and Sheik! hehe lucky me!) Point is, you won't know until you know.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...In 64 I planned to main Fox and I did...When I heard Falco was in Melee, I mained him...
But Brawl has a larger selection so you may be right...

Wrath`

Smash Master
then it will come to who is your final main

i went
mario falco gannon falco link falco gannon ness gannon then finall roy/marth

so it will take me a whiel to get my true main in this game

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Falco's coming back, there's no way he can't. Especially if they intend on adding other SF characters. Taking out the primary sidekick to add another sidekick or a villain or whatever would be silly.

And I really hope Marth is replaced by Ike. Ceriously.

In both games I've always mained one guy, and unless they completely destroy his moveset, it'll be that way in Brawl too. Who is this guy? Two words: Link.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
You can't really plan on maining anyone.
Sure you can, many people do. My friend's favorite series of all-time is Zelda, and he continues to say Link is his main even though that's not his best character. He plays Link most often and wants Link as a main, and so it were. I was young for Smash64 and Melee, but when Brawl comes around I plan to main Dark Samus IF she makes it. That's undisputable. Doesn't matter what other cool characters are in or how bad DS sucks, I will main her. When she doesn't make it, I have no secondary, I'll wait to see the full roster and try picking from there. But this video makes me want to main Zero Suit Samus so badly!

...In 64 I planned to main Fox and I did...When I heard Falco was in Melee, I mained him...
But Brawl has a larger selection so you may be right...
NO! Don't go back on your word, don't allow yourself to be so easily influenced.:laugh:

then it will come to who is your final main

i went
mario falco gannon falco link falco gannon ness gannon then finall roy/marth

so it will take me a whiel to get my true main in this game
That sounds about right; Doc, ICs, Bowser, Pikachu, Peach, Samus for me.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...Your right...I won't go back on my word...I WILL MAIN PIT FOREVER AND NO ONE CAN CHANGE THAT!!!(I was going to main him either way...sometimes, I just agree to talk about something else...)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Awe...phoey. I was hoping you'd realize before posting that, either way you chose to respond, you would lose. What I mean, saying you'll change mains because of what someone says about the idea of locking in a main means you are easily influenced, but you standing up for yourself after my caution to not be easily influenced means that you were easily influenced by me.:p Choose wisely, young grasshopper.

By the way, I like your location, I'm guessing that's the current one?;)

When's this E3 event over? When can we expect to feast upon newly yeilded information? Doesn't Sakurai know we're starving over here? Why could I only think of 3 actual rhetorical questions?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well E3 "starts" in July on the 11-13th... I was playing...I'm not easily influenced...(read it) My location is currently there and it's in RI...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Although, that's the "businessy E3". On October 18-21, E for All (which is more like the past E3s) starts, and that seems like more of a place to unveil the big "look at ALL the characters" trailer (like the special movie in Melee). I think we'll get more info at E3, but not the big BIG thing.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
That may be true(hope not)because E for All is an open event and E3 is private this year...We still will get enough to hold us off though...

Wrath`

Smash Master
JULY???? i thiught it was june.damz.

based on what i saw,pit coulde be my main out of thoes.fast sword and average size

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'll main ZSS if she isn't complicated to play as [like a complicated transformation] and if she has moves that encourage creativity as well as get the job done. Other than ZSS I plan to main Pit and Snake. Fox is my old main but I don't want to limit myself to the same main main again.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Wow... ok that video was great... it made me want to main Zamus and Master Chief lol... that is until they made Master Chief
A WOMAN!?!?!
. Ummm... no... and then the fact that they're
LESBIANS!?!?!
. Ummm... no... Still, I can't wait to play as ZSS
even with that sexual orientation of hers.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Wow... ok that video was great... it made me want to main Zamus and Master Chief lol... that is until they made Master Chief
A WOMAN!?!?!
. Ummm... no... and then the fact that they're
LESBIANS!?!?!
. Ummm... no... Still, I can't wait to play as ZSS
even with that sexual orientation of hers.
The video awed me mearly from a fighting perspective, I wasn't commenting on the other stuff the creator included. Fairly un-necessary in my humble opinion, but the fight scenes more than make up for that.

I'll main ZSS if she isn't complicated to play as [like a complicated transformation] and if she has moves that encourage creativity as well as get the job done. Other than ZSS I plan to main Pit and Snake. Fox is my old main but I don't want to limit myself to the same main main again.
I doubt Nintendo would do that. After all, they had the foresight to allow players to start a match as Shiek, I don't think they want to inconvenience us with a ZSS transformation, especially for players who are better with her than suited Samus.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Tiers suck, but they do exist. There's no set order, and they change often, but characters seem to hold their places. But the way things look in the trailers, how they made slower characters faster, maybe the tiers will be less important and maybe even insignificant or impossible to make sensible. Equality amongst characters is what I'm hoping for.

Top Bottom