• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well you picked a bad way to say the above.;)

But alas, that statement doesn't hold much water. My proof, Aniki. He's one of the best Samus players out there right now and he wavedashes rarely if at all. I've only seen him WD on video once, and that was in a combo video as a quick edgehog. Usually he SHFF backwards to the edge for that. Point: you can be good without WDing, but most people decide to use it. Therefore, saying Shiek's strategy doesn't require WDing to be good is pointless, because no character requires it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Irish dude sheik is broken, and were not gonna keep characters just because he/she/it was a good fighter in melee, if the character lacks a role or is now unimportant to the series, theres no need to add a secondary character like sheik in a game of ALL STARS...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm aware that Aniki is a good Link player, but the fact that he happened to also be a good Samus player was better for my case. Samus' current metagame focuses much more heavily on WDing than Link's does, which is why I choose to talk about his Samus skills over his Link skills.

As for Roys, I saw a good Roy almost beat Cactuar's Marth at MLG this weekend, though I didn't catch his name. He was one of those fellows who you'd recognize if you saw again. Unfortunately, there isn't many top-notch Roy players on Youtube.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Deva, I see what you mean, that Falcon player is a bit outclassed in this match. Still, it gets the point across. I'm no Falcon main, but not even Isai Nairs off the stage with Falcon, otherwise that seems to be a pretty good Falcon as well.

I've deffinately seen faster Roys, but this video showcases some of Roy's potential, as well as how Roy can be played faster than Marth, something many people don't understand. Ouch...I was watching while commenting, so I have this to add. Did that Roy get mad at the end or something? A Nair would have gotten that Falcon at 160 even, a weak neutralB would have worked fine, was 250+ percent neccessary?

As for DD, that all depends on how good your friend is. Relativity my friend. Not to be mean, but it be the truth. For example, just because I have a friend who smokes me in Melee doesn't mean that same friend could stand up to you.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Ooh. :p Well anyway, you're little group seems pretty good. By the way, if anyone out there is looking for a good DK, there's this up-and-comer Bum. He kind of reminds you of Tippin, complete mastery of the character.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Err...Sheik arguments...again. >_<!
I swear, Creo is like the king of one-liners or something. Good stuff! :)
Umm, i'm not very good at rating players so i'll just stay out of that conversation. Just wanted to post.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well...It's all fun and games until somebody get's hurt...(myself)...But, nevertheless, thanks for complimenting me for it...(back to subject)I am personally going to main Pit from what I've seen but I'll have to wait to see other characters I would want to main...examples: Falco, Luigi, someone random like G&W was, and of course, Tingle...
By the way...Neo is a good Roy player...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, I thought Neo was supposed to have retired...or something. Yumi has some Roy action in one of his Yoshi videos but not really enough to see anything.

Also, I wanna see Ken's Roy.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Oops, sorry if I hurt you Creo. Didn't mean too. :(
Yeah, i'll probably main...umm...Kirby!
Of course Mario wil be my second might even be my first if they beefed him up like Doc.
It's funny cause my old name had Neo in it but I changed it cause I didn't want anyone confusing me with the official NEO. Just thought i'd add that...

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I wish that I lived in the states, I have no competition besides 4 other guys. I want a challenge for my Falco. I hope that HDL comes back this year so that I can challenge him.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I wish that I lived in the states, I have no competition besides 4 other guys. I want a challenge for my Falco. I hope that HDL comes back this year so that I can challenge him.
You get to play HDL on occasion? Nice, I wish I were so lucky.

Oops, sorry if I hurt you Creo. Didn't mean too. :(
I completely missed that, seemed like an innocent little joke. How did you get hurt, Creo?

Ya, I thought Neo was supposed to have retired...or something. Yumi has some Roy action in one of his Yoshi videos but not really enough to see anything.

Also, I wanna see Ken's Roy.
Ken quit too, so I've heard.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I have even less competition here. Gaming is pretty small so just about anyone who has talent in any game never gets to show it, which leads to a lot of finger pointing as to who is the best. Even if games are online most people will never get to play them that way. You'd have to be upper-middle class [I'd say this is where I'm at, if not middle class] in order to afford online on a regular basis.

I doubt I'll be able to play Brawl online either.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have a circle of friends (a count of 5 including me) who play Smash (6 if you count the kid who refuses to play Melee because he rips too well at 64 and doesn't want to let his rep down). Anyway, nowadays, only 3 of us play seriously. It's good when your best opponent lives next-door and your second best lives about 4 blocks away, but I know all their tricks and they know all mine. It's annoying now that I just win now (in 1v1 matches... FFA's they team up... grrrrr...) all the time. I need some Wi-Fi soon or I'm going to explode from lack of new competition. I swear no matter how old I get, I'm going to be playing Smash always. 17 and counting baby! **** growing up.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...Well you've got more than me that play smash... I've got none but I've got 2 at school who I'm cool with that I hope are good... Plus, I'm younger than 17 so I'll be playing for some time...
Just announce Yoshi for Brawl...we got his stage...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I doubt it's coming out that soon, it's supposed to be coming out in December in Japan. I think it'll be delayed so I'm not counting on that date. In the mean time I'll just try to learn guitar and learn to play video game songs lol.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
brawl comes out next year. any wi-fi game will be released next year.

oh yea. the sages sword is not heavy. in fact, its very light. its the length of a normal sword. still, he needs some long range attacks, just like in OoT when he could shoot some dark lightning. anyways...hes still unconfirmed, unlike c. falcon.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Pokemon Battle Revolution, Mario Strikers Charged, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Batallion Wars ii may come out this year...maybe. Metroid Prime 3, which hasn't been confirmed to have online (though, it has been hinted), is supposed to come out this year, as well.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ummm... I'm going to go mad over here if I don't get some info. I wonder if Fire Emblem will be online? One army vs another via Wi-Fi. Also, we need some video footage for post game annoying victory dances, and so after I beat some n00b horribly after a game of Brawl I can put my 5 year old cousin on the screen dancing with the controller in his hand. Man, that would get anyone pissed off!

...I'm not sure where that idea came from. Idle thoughts I suppose.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Ummm... I'm going to go mad over here if I don't get some info. I wonder if Fire Emblem will be online? One army vs another via Wi-Fi. Also, we need some video footage for post game annoying victory dances, and so after I beat some n00b horribly after a game of Brawl I can put my 5 year old cousin on the screen dancing with the controller in his hand. Man, that would get anyone pissed off!

...I'm not sure where that idea came from. Idle thoughts I suppose.
NICE, lol. Showing our little brothers w/ the controllers. Would be a good laugh to see their faces after that.

Top Bottom