• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Koarin, if you smash as well as you type I don't think anyone should have to worry about playing you online.

And how did they nerf shield-cancelling? Wouldn't it be the same thing? I don't think changing which button you had to use to do it constitutes as "nerfing".

OOUUUCH!!!:psycho:

They nerfed L-canceling, truely. In Smash 64, Z-canceling reduced all lag to zero, like you landed without attacking. In melee, lag is cut more in half than to zero. At least by the deffinition of nerfing. I think that L-canceling is better now, having no lag is cheap compared to reduced lag.

your preety sure that marth and roy will come back,i hate to burst your bubble,but i don not think this statement will hapen
It doesn't seem like you have any problem bursting anyone's bubble.:laugh: Just playing...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I actually think the moderate smash players, experienced/expert, and semi-pro and pro players would beat out the scrubs in SSBB character recomendations. Besides, who is lifeless enough to think of a original moveset for a Metroid, lol=? :laugh: Then again, there are a lot of lifeless zombies in the world who could be bored enough into doing this.....:confused: :psycho: :urg: :)
Yes, because less than one percent of the players matter more.
correct me if i'm wrong, but they have already confermed the 26 returning..less my interweb gossip has failed me yet again...

also, no more l-c's or wd'ing?

[true]
[false]

?
They have confirmed that not all characters will return. Impossible to tell about l-cancelling and wavedashing
I believe L-cancelling will be kept or nerfed it because they nerfed it from SSB64, which was Z-cancelling and they put it in Melee as L-cancelling.
When SSBM came out they changed the name of Z-cancelling to "lag cancelling". You can l-cancel in SSBM with R,L, or Z.
What does nerf mean?
Weaken.
i just want to keep falco so bad >.<
Even if a character does return, they're all changing drastically. One slight change and your character might not be as perfect a match for you as another.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I know Z-cancelling [they probably called it Z-cancel since you could only use Z] is lag-cancelling, but Z-cancelling cancelled all lag while L-cancelling cancels half.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, it's still the same thing regardless of the severity.

Also, they could increase the lag in shaves off to 3/4ths or something if they felt that they over nerfed it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I havn't played SSB64 in so long. Last time I played was last summer. I'm thinking I want to get back into it. I had no idea some of these tricks were in the game, maybe now I'll surprise my friends by whooping them even harder! :D SSB64 is definitely coming to Virtual Console right? I think it's safe to assume that, most likely around the release for Brawl. But do you think they'll make it so you can play online? I think I heard (maybe a rumor) that they were making certain classic games online, but that seems a bit out there and it probably won't happen. I hope I'm wrong though!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I know this sounds like the start of a captivating urban legend, but, my friend's co-worker, who works at Best Buy, says that Nintendo is apperantly designing a software upgrade which will allow purchasees to play many older games online. He doesn't have any word on when the actaul upgrade would release, and I somewhat doubt the existance of it, but considering the possibility of what could be is always fun.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I couldn't agree with you more.
I don't think anyone would disagree
I feel any disagreement would be very disagreeable with amongst us and a mutual agreement would be a most agreeable agreement...?

...ummmm... I'd like to play Mario Kart 64 and Super Smash Bros. and Street Fighter online...

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
hmm...honestly i dont think they would take a top-tier character out of brawl...if anything it would be bottom....i also think they're not gonna take any characters out....but add about 5-8 more....they've never takin characters out cuz it risks a chance of someones best character not being in it....

MasterGary

Smash Ace
hmm...honestly i dont think they would take a top-tier character out of brawl...if anything it would be bottom....i also think they're not gonna take any characters out....but add about 5-8 more....they've never takin characters out cuz it risks a chance of someones best character not being in it....
You realy don't pay atention to anything about brawl do you? Sakurai already said that some characters were being removed. It has also been stated that TIERS DON'T MATTER.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Tiers mean nothing to Sakurai, he's making a game for fun not competition. That's why he's also not putting up leader boards. And they are DEFINITELY taking characters out, Sakurai said it himself. Yes it will be upsetting, yes it will be disappointing, yes it wasn't done from 64 to Melee, but it's going to happen. I heard (rumor!) that Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch were the first to be given the boot. I'm actually decent with Mr. G&W and that was a blow to me, but I'm going to have to live with that. But as long as they don't take out Falco, Marth, Ganondorf, and Sheik (in priority order) I'll be fine.

And don't say anything about Sheik please? Ok everyone? I know the whole Sheik argument already: "Blah blah blah... she was only in one game." "Blah blah blah... she had a small role." "Blah blah blah... she's imbalanced."
I DON'T CARE! I like Sheik and I hope she's in. I'm entitled to my opinion and we've fought about Sheik a thousand times on every thread no matter the main topic so I really just don't want to hear it anymore. Kthx.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
defense for shiek - shiek is zelda origionally....how many ZELDA games has Zelda been in...oyea...all....so zelda herself has been in all of them and she does have the gift to turn into shiek. it shouldnt matter if shes only done it once or not she can still do it. therefore shiek will be in it if zelda is. ur right i havent been payin attention lol its been awhile. as for takin IC's out...:'( i dont care if they r cheaters galore(its never bothered me using it...lol) owell im glad they r takin some characters out in a sense....i just dont want them goin haywire with it....i think ssbm was a "demo" game persay for brawl. to c how people would react to the wide assortment of characters. so they can make brawl that much better to the fans personal tastes....

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i try...sometimes to hard...lol as long as shiek, ice climbers, and a non broken peach is in there ill b happy

Stryks

Smash Hero
By ur logic Tetra has rites to be zeldas transformation, yes zelda is shiek, but so is tetra, so what should we do?

Now note that sheik only appeared in OoT, only ONCE, in all the other games she didnt transform into sheik, not because she didnt need to, but because their NOT the same zelda, TP takes place hundreds of years after OoT, u tellin me their the same zelda? if so where are the wrinckles, the white hair, and all of that...

Fact of the matter is theyre not the same zelda, mor elike reincarnations or something, though OoT ganondorf and TP ganondorf I believe are the same one, according with an interview with miyamoto, tough he was send to the twilight realm, his body was completely changed, thus he didnt age at all...

back to zelda, seeing how in the last 2 zelda games, she has used the light arrows I believe (and even some guy from ign believes this) she will have them in brawl, give her some moves from TO, and u got a new zelda, with the lack of shiek, because only OoT zelda transform into sheik, and seeing TP zelda (i assume zelda will have her tp form, just like link) transform into her alter ego from 100 years ago is just plain ********...

ur defense = PWN

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
well...if u wanna get all in depth about it....if look at zeldas skill list from ssbm they are not all from 1 game. same with kirby. all his moves or all his personallities he takes on is not all from one game. they are from many other game. zelda is zelda. reincarnation or not she still represents zelda. sme with link. its not the same link its a diff. link but he still has moves from past games that are vital to him. granit he uses them all in every game isnt the pt. its just the fact that reincarnation or not zelda is still zelda. if u wanna get technical for move sets of the past just make shiek one character if u dont wanna have her and tetra. even young link is from 1 game. atleast zelda still looks the same....unlike ganondorlf

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
well...if u wanna get all in depth about it....if look at zeldas skill list from ssbm they are not all from 1 game.
Actually, it is. It's entirely compromised of OoT based moves. I honestly don't think it's that hard to come up with a different move for Zelda for her down B (probably using a move inspired from the more recent games, like the light arrows).

Regardless, I don't care either way if Sheik is in or not. I do think there is a reasonably big chance she won't though.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok again u fail:

In all of the kirby games, kirby has been the same person[?], same with mario, after all those years, mario has ALWAYS been the same person...

All the link fight very similair, if u compare WW link and TP, ull c they have very similair moves, some diferent but at the end, very similair, sure they have diferent items, but thats another story...

Zelda: zelda has always use magic in all of the games, and we never actually c her fight in OoT, so they had to pretty much make up a moveset, since she has connection with the gods or whatever, they have her the moves link learns from the godesses, now in the last 2 games, u c zelda [especially in TP] fighting, dont know about WW (havent finish it), but I know she has used the light arrows in 2 ocasions now, being diferents zeldas or not, and since all the characters will probably have their latest and most recent look, including movesets, zelda will have the light arrows in brawl, im almost certain, now the transformating...

Zelda from OoT and zelda from TP are NOT THE SAME PERSON, is liek saying TP link should use the oni mask to transfrom, in just ********, it aint gonna happen, I g2g, ill continue with this ******** debate l8r...

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
im not saying they've changed who they are im saying their move sets are not always the same in every game. all im saying is u cant just take out a highly developed character that was basically (move set wise) one of the best in order to try out this new transformation from a new game. if u take out someone with such highly detailed and thought of strategy u might as well take out the basic background of smash. thats how obscure it is. atleast make them seperate characters or sumthin instead of knockin one clear outa the picture

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
To agree with you...Zelda uses light arrows at the end of WW off your Mirror sheild...If you think I spoiled it, you don't know the half of it...

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
idk...if the give Zelda L arrows (which they should) they might wanna make her alil more agile...she floats alil when she jumps so easy bait if u try and shoot them...and they will be a B move...holding D. B is just 2 complicated specially when your jumping...iunno when i think of arrows i think of y. link. hes amazing when it comes to using arrows

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
true...but that would just be cruel. i mean think aboutit. if u get hit by an ice arrow u'd probably be turned into a huge block of ice for atleast a second. that gives your opponent enough time to get down there and get ready to combo you to no end

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
im talking about if they were in smash....what happens if u get hit by enough ice cubes or the ice breath by the IC's? u'll turn into a think of ice for a short period of time...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Every character has a moveset that was adapted from all of their games, the best example being G&W. Zelda is an exception, she was given a strictly OoT moveset. This is fine, but I think they need to alter her and give her a moveset that varies more from other games. Basically almost Luigifying her, but not in the sense that she was a clone, in the sense that she needs to represent ALL of her personas. Maybe keep Sheik to represent OoT, Light arrows to represent WW, a sabre to represent TP, and whatever else for whatever other game (I got lazy :p). Zelda and Ganondorf were given movesets that were deserving of their reputations. They need to be more well rounded of their reputations in the games they were in. Only characters in single games (Roy, Ice Climbers, Ness) should be given a specific moveset, everyone else should show off all their pros.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
agreed:D iunno...i think they wanted ganon in there but they were runnin outa time so they just copied CF and made ganon stronger...sad story...:(

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Yea... but Sheik is cooler than Tetra.

Wait wait wait! I said I wasn't going to get involved in this. Sheik for Brawl because I want it. I'm done. I'm entitled to my opinion.
You are, and this is a place designed to debate and discuss opinions. Disagreements are prone to discussion so I don't understand how you had hoped to aviod encountering the Shiek (in/out) argument again after bringing her up in your post.

I don't want to join the discussion, so I won't re-state my opinion.

im not saying they've changed who they are im saying their move sets are not always the same in every game. all im saying is u cant just take out a highly developed character that was basically (move set wise) one of the best in order to try out this new transformation from a new game. if u take out someone with such highly detailed and thought of strategy u might as well take out the basic background of smash. thats how obscure it is. atleast make them seperate characters or sumthin instead of knockin one clear outa the picture
Shiek's moveset, as developed by the experts of Hal Laboratories, was not in-depth or uniquely detailed. Players, particularly those among the pro level, created Shiek's entire strategy and metagame from that point onwards. Based on your statement, every character's moveset recieved an equal amount of work and ingenuity to create and we shouldn't ditch anyone.

****, I'm getting really good at this game. I need some competition here. Anyone interested?
The game of Smash, or of dodging/winning arguments, what exactly? If it's the first one, go to a local tournament or perhaps one in a nearby city. This site is also full of people who would smash you. If it's the latter, I congradulate you on finding the best place to debate smash.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Shiek's moveset, as developed by the experts of Hal Laboratories, was not in-depth or uniquely detailed. Players, particularly those among the pro level, created Shiek's entire strategy and metagame from that point onwards. Based on your statement, every character's moveset recieved an equal amount of work and ingenuity to create and we shouldn't ditch anyone.

what i was saying was that almost every single one of shieks moves can end with her smash in the air...its so simple but it doesnt need any wave dashing or l canceling skills for her to be a really good character...unlike mr g&w were u have to study and cancel almost all his moves

Top Bottom