• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Tiers suck, but they do exist. There's no set order, and they change often, but characters seem to hold their places. But the way things look in the trailers, how they made slower characters faster, maybe the tiers will be less important and maybe even insignificant or impossible to make sensible. Equality amongst characters is what I'm hoping for.
I see what your saying. But I find tiers, to some degree, are cooler than equality because its more of a challenge when u face characters that are better then your character. That makes the overcoming of them that much sweeter.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It also makes matches that much more amazing when someone a good two or three tiers below you beats you. Even if it's close, you'd have to think: "Why wouldn't my character win?" But still, this game should be (and probably will be) more evened out. I'm not saying they should make every character exactly equal. I'm just saying that when you reach a certain point, you should be able to fight Bowser vs. Shiek and it should be based on skill alone, not imbalanced movesets.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Actually... don't like tiers at all... I know there pros but look at Taj with Mewtwo and (forgot his name...)that Bowser player... Both characters are low tier but the can pwn people... What I believe is how much you want to use, and how much dedication you put into training with that character...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well that all depends...every character has better advantages...Like say it's Fox versus...ummm...Mario... Fox is heavier, higher tier but Mario still has at least 45% chance of winning...What I'm saying is, that doesn't always apply...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Ugh stop trying to get us onto the main topic dammit, it's old, it's been discussed to death, I've only been here for 6 months and I know how dead it is. Just go with the flow or come back when you want to discuss the current topic.

I don't really pay attention to tiers, it all comes down to skill. I believe I have a better Mario or Marth than my Fox. I think the reason Fox isn't as overpowered as people think is because he's a fast faller. Fast fallers = easy combos to high percentages.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Yes but some people like Ness deserve higher tiers. I actually want Ness to be my second or third next to Falco and/or Marth.
Well than do it. I like Mewtwo, I think he's 1 of the coolest characters in the game I just dont feel like taking the time and learning his moves, but if I did he would have been my main. I just like Falco more and the Doc.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Heres my complete list

25. Pichu
24. Zelda/Shiek
23. Ness
22. Jigglypuff
21. Pikachu
20. Luigi
19. Peach
18. Marth
17. Captain Falcon
16. Samus
15. Kirby
14. Ice Climbers
13. Donkey Kong
12. Roy
11. Mario
10. Mewtwo
9. Mr. Game & Watch
8. Young Link
7. Yoshi
6. Link
5. Falco
4. Bowser
3. Dr. Mario
2. Fox
1. Ganondorf

Oh Yeah! Go Gany

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well here are my mains:

1) Fox
2) Mario
3) Marth
4) Captain Falcon
5) Samus
6) ICs
7) Ganondorf
8) Yoshi

A nice list if I do say so myself.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Heres my complete list

25. Pichu
24. Zelda/Shiek
23. Ness
22. Jigglypuff
21. Pikachu
20. Luigi
19. Peach
18. Marth
17. Captain Falcon
16. Samus
15. Kirby
14. Ice Climbers
13. Donkey Kong
12. Roy
11. Mario
10. Mewtwo
9. Mr. Game & Watch
8. Young Link
7. Yoshi
6. Link
5. Falco
4. Bowser
3. Dr. Mario
2. Fox
1. Ganondorf

Oh Yeah! Go Gany
Surprised Kirby is over some good characters.

Well here are my mains:

1) Fox
2) Mario
3) Marth
4) Captain Falcon
5) Samus
6) ICs
7) Ganondorf
8) Yoshi

A nice list if I do say so myself.
I agree.

My top eight are:
Falco
Ness
Marth
Fox
C.Falcon
Mario
Ummm thats mine in order...Guess I don't have eight but I think this is a good list.

Wrath`

Smash Master
anyone i main,i always main there clone exept falco,i cant seem to get fox.
but marth/roy link/y link ganon(thaks for spelling creo)/c falcon

so im good for practicaly any situation

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No problem.(I'm a Zelda fanatic so I knew)
I main Falco and I'm having troubles a little with Fox's wait but I am getting much better with him. Ness, I just tried yesterday and I'm already getting awesome with. And Marth, I am good with the defense game.
By the way, I know your name...Doopliss.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Actually, Falco seems a little lighter(reason why you can short jump easier with him...).
Is there any good Ganondorf videos...the only one I have seen is with Zelgadis smoking the guy with wave shines in Yoshis Island(pipes).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Actually, it's easier to short hop with Falco for 2 reasons:

1) His jump is slower than Fox's by a good few frames, so you have more time to let go of the button.
2) His jump is way higher, so you can let go before he goes too high to short hop.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Lol... I made Doopliss run away. Ha... thank goodness I beat the Thousand Year Door or we would have all been in trouble. (cheer for me people... hip hip...)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
(thanks for the last part, I'll give it to myself. Hip hip... Hoorayy!)
It is from "Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door". Great game. If you like Mario a lot, buy it for GC.

Top Bottom