• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I know we'll need more but right now it's not that important to me because I don't get to buy games that often so all I'll have for a while is Brawl and that's all I'll need for a good while.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I think it was you, MG, that said you live in Long Island? I might be wrong, but you should try to get a job at one of the new stadiums they're putting over there. I work for the Giants and the Devils and the Nets, they pay quite well, $9.50 an hour the first year and $13.50 an hour after that.

But I could be totally wrong about where you live. Don't get mad, I'm just tryin to help a brutha out.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Exactly why there should be no fear for Yoshi and Marth to return.

Also, it's basically been proven (we're 99% sure) that the castle is from FE3, a Marth game. Marth will definitely make the cut, I can't say the same for Roy. I wish I could, but I can't. He was a clone, he wasn't as good as Marth, and he's less popular now compared to when he was first introduced to everyone in the game.

[Reneactment of everyone in the Smash community:]
"WOWZ! DIS RED GUY HAZ A FUYR SORD! ZOMG! HEEZ MOR AWSUM DEN DAT GURLY BLU GUY!"
...days pass... youtube videos appear...
"Wow, Marth owns Roy... wtf was I thinking?"
I'm better with Roy than I am with Marth. Roy is a totally diffrent character, and next to Pichu and Ganondorf is probably the least clooney clone. I wish I could say Roy was as popular as wel Dyce, but his popularity is only decent compared to Marth, and is still pretty intresting characters, as well a friggen awsome one. Can you tell he's my 6th best=?

@ Chief Mendez
I seriously recommend Zelda II to everyone, because it is friggen awsome. Sure it's the hardest game of all time IMO (and the hardest game I eveer beat), but that aside it is awsome. Plus it is virtually the birth of modern day action RPG's, and had a AI that would pwn anyone's arse!

Originally Posted Red Exodus
I'll be keeping my ear open for a hard drive release for Wii, they can't expect to go on with only SD cards and internal memory can they?
I'm with you on that one, seriously the Wii needs a harddrive almost as much as it needs more 3rd party support! Nintendo isn't expecting to go on with SD cards and internal memory, and I've heard rumors (not saying they are true, I'm not sure if it is ture or not) that the Wii possibly could have a harddrive and DVD player, and Nintendo could be thinking about this.

I don't know if ANY of this is true or not, but it definitely is intresting, and those two things would definitely help Wii sales+3rd party support by 3rd parties actually trying to make good Wii games. Plus with a harddrive comes donwloadable content, and along with the WiFiConnect24 working at leaast decent, Nintnedo will have most of the Wii's flaws covered and fixed. Now that would be good for all of us, just dont get overhopeful. ;)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
MG looks like you have the same problem as me, I live in Barbados and games cost a pretty penny here so even if I get a job I have to save up a lot. My mom is gonna start ordering games online so my troubles will be gone soon enough.

That's good rumors [as opposed to good news, lol]. Nintendo's third party support has gone up, but for all the wrong reasons. We keep getting rehash like Prince of Persia and Scarface with a wii control scheme slapped on.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Like I said, it was probably an example. But the point is that Ninty would support it's 1st party games with DLC...if there was space for it.

I know what you mean about TP. I've got my first file with everything save 3 poe souls, then another file in the Snowpeak Ruins. I, personally, was dissapointed by the game, which is my excuse for not going through it more than I have.

EDIT - Zelda 2's only good if you started on the 2D games. My little brother who started with WW can barely take Ocarina, much less Zelda 2.

3rd party support hasn`t been all that great yet, but look at what EA's doing: Boogie and MySims look awesome (Boogie moreso), and Madden and FIFA 08're going online. Harmonix is giving us GH3 (online+wireless guitar!), Konami keeps on making quirky adventure games, Capcom has Umbrella Chronicles and Zack & Wiki, and Tecmo's making a new RYGAR(!!!), reinvented just for the Wii.

It's better than the GCN, at any rate.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Or Mewdorf.

Hey that's cool! Mewdorf and Ganontwo vs Mewtwo and Ganondorf.

I can't remember what the off-topic topic is so I'll just wait until someone starts another one.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I had a dream last night that they confirmed Ganondorf and he was the same as he was in Melee, I was so happy! Then I woke up... but I got a new item, which is pretty good. It's no comparison to Ganondorf, but I'll take it, at least they didn't have one article about the Fan or something. I'll be pissed if they show returning items one at a time. They should come in bundles of at least 3. 2 is moderately acceptable, which they probably will do, but 3 is better.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah they look like Metroids... Which I think would be better items. They be exactly like the Gooey Bomb except that they'd drain health.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im bettin if we get adventure mode or some story mode thing, and if theres a metroid stage, im bettin metroid would be enemies like the redeads and goombas, still Im hopin for the smash emblem item soon, a new stage, and that they reveal more characters (something Im sure they'll do after they put the known characters so far in the site, and/or after E3, bettin we get a trailer there)...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I was very happy with today's entry to the site, the gooey bomb. Granted it will suck if your opponent (Fox) sticks you (Bowser) with one, but the idea of it transfering from character to character is awesome. It might even be transferable from ground to person. *Gasp* and maybe you can press grab while stuck with one to grab it off you and throw it before the timer counts down! All this excitement for nothing, after the first two weeks of playing this game I probably won't be using items anymore, but it's still exciting to think about.

Stryks, if there are Metroids in adventure mode like you said, than there's no reason Samus shouldn't be given her classic Ice Beam to take them down. That is to say Adventure modes are individualized like Sakurai was suggesting. If we still get a one-size-fits-all adventure mode, and Metroids are in it, than there should be an Ice Beam item.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah maybe, but its not the only way u can kill the metroid, I mean, the only way to beat ganondorf in the zelda games is with the master sword, but in smash anyone can kick his *** :p, its the same here, we dont need ice beam to kill the metroids, we can just smash them till they die XD... still it would be cool if metroid prime beams are items in brawl...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I know you don't NEED the Ice Beam to kill Metroids, heck in Prime I never used that beam (except on the final boss obviously), it was too slow. However, under the circumstances that Nintendo goes that far out of their way to put Metroids into adventure mode, there is no reason that they should not then give Samus her Ice Beam for Brawl. Samus just seems like one of those characters who will be nerfed by weakness, not bad attacks, so adding a good attack to a weak character might balance things out.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
What they should do is make character specific items. Items that everyone can use, but the character it's made for can use it the best. Like Samus' Ice Beam, everyone will be able to shoot it in bursts, but Samus could have a constant flow.

Also since we're on the topic of the Gooey Bomb, on smashbros, they compared it to the motion sensor bomb, do you think they'll take it away? I hope not, that's a classic weapon.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I realy like the motion sensor bomb.
They probably won't release the Brawl token anytime soon.
They probably won't confirm any new characters untill all of the already confirmed characters are on the site.

Who do you think the next confirmed character will be? A returning one or a new comer?
I think that they will show a new comer because fox was the last confirmed character and he's a returning1 so hopefully they'll show some one new.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Gooey Bomb = a really fun thing to say, as well as creating a new game mode: bomb tag. Just set the items to 'high' and select nothing but Gooey Bombs. Instant carnage!

X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
Also since we're on the topic of the Gooey Bomb, on smashbros, they compared it to the motion sensor bomb, do you think they'll take it away? I hope not, that's a classic weapon.
Oh no, never that. I think we could do without certain items (Red Shell, Lip's Stick, Super Scope, Screw Attack, Food, Party Ball, Barrel Cannon, Mr. Saturn, Freezie, Bumper Flipper), but not the "HOLY SHIZ WHAT JUST HIT ME!?" bomb I know and love.

As for what I think the next update will have...well, tomorrow is Friday, and even though my memory's not what it used to be, I vaguely remember something about a media embargo being lifted that day around 8 AM PST. An embargo that banned attendees of Ninty's summit from talking about the first party games they played there. First party games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl. (In other words, I'm expecting a larger than usual update, so that the media doesn't beat the official site to the punch)

Vali

Smash Ace
As for what I think the next update will have...well, tomorrow is Friday, and even though my memory's not what it used to be, I vaguely remember something about a media embargo being lifted that day around 8 AM PST. An embargo that banned attendees of Ninty's summit from talking about the first party games they played there. First party games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl. (In other words, I'm expecting a larger than usual update, so that the media doesn't beat the official site to the punch)
http://gonintendo.com/?p=18398 take it as you will.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Crap. Now that I read that, I remeber reading that Kotaku post. I must've either forgotten or misread that part.

Oh wells, E3 it is then.

Vali

Smash Ace
Crap. Now that I read that, I remeber reading that Kotaku post. I must've either forgotten or misread that part.

Oh wells, E3 it is then.
That'll be when we get the next major update with trailers and shiny things no doubt but it's entirely possible that we'll get maybe a new character or 2 in the run-up to E3. However still with about 9 confirmed characters to go, 5 updates a week spanning over Music, Characters, How to Play, Stages and Modes i doubt we'll get anything new character related any time soon. And when it comes down to it, that's really the only news I want to hear :(

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Yeah maybe, but its not the only way u can kill the metroid, I mean, the only way to beat ganondorf in the zelda games is with the master sword, but in smash anyone can kick his *** :p, its the same here, we dont need ice beam to kill the metroids, we can just smash them till they die XD... still it would be cool if metroid prime beams are items in brawl...
since we're throwing ideas around, a guy on another forum said they could be like the flower thingo that gets stuck to your head and get bigger (forgot the name). i reckon that isnt a bad idea, except maybe after you get it off you have to smash the crap out of it to get rid of it ;P

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Gooey Bomb = a really fun thing to say, as well as creating a new game mode: bomb tag. Just set the items to 'high' and select nothing but Gooey Bombs. Instant carnage!
Haha! Word!

Oh no, never that. I think we could do without certain items (Red Shell, Lip's Stick, Super Scope, Screw Attack, Food, Party Ball, Barrel Cannon, Mr. Saturn, Freezie, Bumper Flipper), but not the "HOLY SHIZ WHAT JUST HIT ME!?" bomb I know and love.
I'm gonna alter your item list there...
I think we could do without certain items (Red Shell, Lip's Stick, Super Scope, Screw Attack, Food, Party Ball, Barrel Cannon, Mr. Saturn, Freezie, Bumper Flipper)
I crossed out the good items off your list. Other than that, your list is right on the money.

...sh;t...

That'll be when we get the next major update with trailers and shiny things no doubt but it's entirely possible that we'll get maybe a new character or 2 in the run-up to E3. However still with about 9 confirmed characters to go, 5 updates a week spanning over Music, Characters, How to Play, Stages and Modes i doubt we'll get anything new character related any time soon. And when it comes down to it, that's really the only news I want to hear :(
Yea, about Friday... is that the last day we get news this week? Cuz I was thinking... we got our first update on Tuesday at 3:00a.m. If we're going by the end of the Japanese workday, would they have gotten it on their Monday? Therefore, we should be getting something Saturday morning too!:chuckle:

But also that could mean we'll have to wait until Tuesday for the next update... :urg:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The first update was on Tuesday at 3PM or so Japan time. The one tonight/tomorrow morning (Friday afternoon in Japan) will be the last one until the one Sunday night/Monday morning (Monday afternoon in Japan).

Also, the embargo for the Media Summit ends tonight at 9PM PST but it won't have any SSBB news or SMG news (not sure about Metroid news, though).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Son of a... oh well... I think that is actualy better. I'll actually be looking forward to Monday morning now. But this is going to be a LOOOONG weekend. Hopefully they'll give us a few items tonight so we can make it through the weekend without craving a whole lot. Like 3 characters? or a bundle of returning items? or a few new items? or confirmation on a stage we've seen in the trailers?

Or maybe just one huge thing? Like a newcomer? With a video intow?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Gooey Bomb looks awesome.
Probably returning characters, but I want A new item or stage.(we aren't getting a new character tomorrow)
I want a bumper return or new item.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Ok! I'll take that.

But chances are anyway, they won't show any new characters (new as in unconfirmed returning characters and newcomers) until we've gotten all the confirmed characters from the trailers on the site. Maybe they'll finally show us Samus though? I'm really curious as to why they havn't shown us Samus yet and only Zero Suit Samus.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
We have seen Samus but only briefly. (I think the first trailer)Samus did her super duper special charged beam and armor came off and she turned into Zamus.

Top Bottom