• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Allan I've already told you there's no more panel. Please stop bothering me about it =(

Updating the PR list includes updating the front page of this thread with accurate information about everything involving the PR creation process.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This sounds pretty exciting, Zac.
I'm looking forward to what you've got planned.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm going to be straight up Z tier if the next list includes every smasher like the tentative one. I had my worst placing in my history of smash.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
*sigh*
I think my brackets may have been too easy to have even the slightest chance of moving up a tier. But I know I can!

Good to see something happening with this, I can't wait to see the next list!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'm going to be straight up Z tier if the next list includes every smasher like the tentative one. I had my worst placing in my history of smash.
If you come dead last in every single tourney then yes. I'll be right above you. xD

Player-4

See you in 25 years
(RT post)

This is pretty interesting system...I like it. But now I can't brag about being in F-tier...guess I better start losing more! :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok i cant forfeit anymore. 4 forfeited tournies put me in F tier. i gotta win now.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Gnes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Shadow should be renamed to PJ to avoid confusion :p

Also I don't understand why Gunman is so high. He went to only one tourney HOBO 26 and got 9th. People who tied 9th with him at HOBO 26 are like way lower than him on the PR o0

Other than that this is amazing

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
YES! ELO! Zac, you are AMAZING!

Edit - I was hoping to be higher, grmbl. Oh well, I'll keep my head up and try to best the people with a higher rating.

Super Edit - Get wrecked Dojo? Good job Gnes :p

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Also I don't understand why Gunman is so high. He went to one tourney HOBO 26 and got 9th. People who tied 9th with him at HOBO 26 are like way lower than him on the PR o0
lets hope a few hobos will fix it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If you guys notice any other name changes, please let me know. It's hard to account for everybody, especially when TOs just enter silly names and/or players change their names frequently.

@Ozz, D-tier with 1633 points = "that high" ? He only gained 33 points since starting, thats not bad.

EDIT: Here's a better link to explain how this works: http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/9198.html

Rating Difference (points) -> Your Expected Win Percentage
0 -> 50%
50 -> 57%
100 -> 64%
150 -> 70%
200 -> 76%
250 -> 81%
300 -> 85%
350 -> 88%
400 -> 91%

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Avoid got 9th at hobo 26 and has 1604 points, in E tier. Gunman did the same and got 33 pts, also I think Avoid (KuroZero) has gone to more tournies too. Just trying to figure how some stuff works :p

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Hmmm i liked the idea when i heard about it, however it doesn't accurately show our pr. Just a point system based on how many tourneys you go to and how well you do.

Also, why include someone if they are inactive and don't play anymore?? Would it not be just as easy to delete them from the list?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Bleh. E-tier.

EDIT: Yeah, I went to HOBO 18 and 24, last placings were 33rd and 18. I entered in them as KuroZero though.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
ELO is regarded as one of the best way to rank things accurately tyson. Just cause they go to alot of tournaments doesn't mean there ELO is raise significantly. If they do consistently well then yes they will move up but they also risk the chance of losing ALOT of points.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Haha explain to me how Gnes is #1 now? He finally beat Dojo ( twice i know) at phase for the first time. Which makes him what 2-8?? Based off this system, because he went to HOBO and Dojo did not he got the points needed to jump him.

And yes for a lot of people they could just show up to a lot of tournaments( you included ) and race up the charts. It is a given you are going to get top 4 or so every time. This would eventually put you over say, Dojo cause he usually only can go to one tournament every so often. Just does not make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom