• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Dekillsage

Smash Lord

Cassio

Smash Master
Peeps arent familiar with Fox's of Yui/TKD or even Trevonte caliber. Fox seems extremely strong vs MK, most fox mains seem to agree as well.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yui quit Fox.

Actually most Fox mains aren't very active. Probably has something to do with playing a character that gets pretty much destroyed by flavor of the month ICs.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I found videos on youtube of Yui beating top metaknights including a video of him 2 stocking Rain.
Is this a good mu for fox or did the mk's play the mu incorrectly?
You picked the wroooooooooooong place to ask such a thing.

Play close attention to the vids and watch how fox landed hits on rain. most were dair jump ins and fox just got his kills off of those along with the camping. Fox can get some good damage on MK due to his speed. But he is not gonna finish that job if MK wants to rush him. And thats how fox gets rewarded.

A well played Fox is one of the best characters in the MK matchup.
I'd probably only rate ICs and Diddy above him.

Fox is a really good character that just has a few depressingly bad matchups (ICs and Pikachu, and somewhat Sheik) that hold him back.
I don't see how he is. I went through this a while back. If that was the case, I not see these fox mains running to MK or IC. Or YU is just on a level outside of the other fox players.

Fox has to force something all the time to get a clean hit. His approach options are limited and suck. You can in his range where he can't shoot lasers and what is he gonna to to be a threat? Side B? he has no pressure game and his defense options are not good. If you stay grounded and aware of upsmash, he is not killing anyone early.

It is not hard to close the gap on fox. I'll eat a few lasers just to get in his face and give him hell. He has really one thing to start his damage and to finish people off. And thats mainly his dair. I'ts not hard to avoid and punish. And if I get caught in it, I usually SDI out of it so I can't get upsmash. Just ****ed up his whole day. If I decided not to move and get grabbed, I'll take it. He is not killing me off his grab.

Fox can't play a rush down game. Anyone who gets the lead on him and plays it cool is giving him problems. Shoot lasers all you want. You want to win, you have to finish me off. Fox range in his moves are booty. Space well and he is having a hard time landing a hit. Even with the typical dair Fox has to force someone to go into him and attack do something to get dairs to start up his typical stuff. He gets rewarded when one rushes him cause of his camping and get annoyed/bored. If one does not give that to him, the hell is he gonna do?

Im talking BS people say. I don't play this character so wtf do I know? Then answer these questions:

• What can fox do to be a threat when in range?
  • How is he keeping someone on lock in shield?
  • How is he getting in someone when he has too against a player who is walling him out. (his range sucks)
  • How is he keeping people off stage?
  • What defense options does he has when he is getting pressured?
And assuming the mentality of this community, I'm gonna get stupid weak answers that to justify that he does good for MK and is a good character over all.

Nemy

群れ
Where the Fox mains at?

DEFEND YO SELVES FOOLS

But seriously, Fox is fun and I considered picking him back up for a secondary. I want to see what players have to say about these problems. Especially about getting his moves out ranged. Its one of the main things about him (besides how crucial dair is) that make him less viable.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I already forwarded it to Zeton, so we'll see what happens.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Dammit BlueXenon now Dark Pch. can post another lengthy block of text that no one is gonna read, thanks alot :glare:

But on a serious note, Fox can be hit or miss vs. Metaknight, but more times than not Fox is gonna get stomped by Metakinght. He can abuse Fox's poor recovery game really well and if he plays really safe, there isn't much fox can do past 100%.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Fox can't really force MK to consume ledge grabs the way other good characters can.

Rizen

Smash Legend
There's very little most characters can do to stop good plankers without taking a huge risk :urg:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Fox going near the ledge isn't very frightening. Most good characters can at least threaten to safely damage him if he is just sitting there.

thus, forcing him to use ledgegrabs faster than he would have to against fox or falco

Ghostbone

Smash Master
DDoS for S tier

I don't see what advantage other characters really have over fox.

He can walk up within range of f-tilt or something and MK has to drop uair like normal.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Arcing projectiles and disjointed spikes force MK to keep more options open and means he cant maximize airtime as much as he can against Fox.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
Fox going near the ledge isn't very frightening. Most good characters can at least threaten to safely damage him if he is just sitting there.

thus, forcing him to use ledgegrabs faster than he would have to against fox or falco
Who MK? He can stay on the ledge for minutes(around 2 sounds right) without going over the LGL (if he has at least 30-40)
He can afford to chill there for a bit

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I mean I suppose Fox has a harder time forcing MK to consume ledge grabs.
But that's only applicable if the game goes to like 6 minutes and MK's in the lead.
I don't see the matchup going that long when both characters die early and rack up damage quickly, and MK's generally forced to approach for a lot of it.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
He's not forced to approach. Also its not only applicable at the 6 minute mark.
Having 2+ minutes to work on the ledge means MK never has to take any risks when getting back on stage. It's the truth. Even at one point in a match if he spends an entire minute there he's still good on ledge grabs. It's kind of ridiculous for that character to have that option tbh (his lgl should be 15 imo)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Or rather than making all these stupid nerfs to him it would be so easy to just get rid of him.

Luigi player

Smash Master
He's not forced to approach.
??? Quit being in denial. Fox' lasers easily force MK to approach. He can't stay at the ledge the whole game, and when he isn't on the ledge he is forced to approach.

Edit: Unless he's scrooging, but almost no character can do anything about that.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
He's not forced to approach. Also its not only applicable at the 6 minute mark.
Having 2+ minutes to work on the ledge means MK never has to take any risks when getting back on stage. It's the truth. Even at one point in a match if he spends an entire minute there he's still good on ledge grabs. It's kind of ridiculous for that character to have that option tbh (his lgl should be 15 imo)
K so MK doesn't approach (by planking) from the 2-4 minute mark.

Now he has to approach because he's gone over the LGL and fox will win on a timeout.
I'm really not seeing your point.
Like waiting on the ledge for a minute isn't going to somehow make fox worse at punishing MK for getting on stage (not that fox's ledge traps are particularly potent).

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
HELLO CAN I PLEASE MAKE A POST ON FAMED INTERNET WEBSITE SMASHBOARDS.COM

Top Bottom