• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You listed Marth twice. And Marth goes evenish against both.
Also Snake has a better matchup against ICs.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i FEEL LIKe this thread is like one of those machines that does a thing and then it does that thing again but you forgot it did that thing once already

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Diddy does better against Olimar, Marth and Pikachu

Diddy doesn't do better against Olimar and Marth than Snake does. Diddy loses to Olimar and is even with Marth whereas Snake is even against both. Snake also does better against IC, beats Diddy, does not do worse than Diddy against Falco, does better vs Wario and doesn't do worse vs ZSS. DDD and Pikachu are the only characters that Diddy does better against than Snake. Also, Diddy cannot beat MK - Snake can. Snake is a better character than Diddy.

:059:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How is Snake able to beat MK if Diddy can't? Then again no one really can beat an MK except another MK, but I would see them both being one of the best in terms of not losing to him.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I just wanted to say that I don't know who had the idea to have the community poll completed BEFORE the E3 trailer and the great surge in new members that goes with it... But I thank him wholeheartedly.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Diddy doesn't do better against Olimar and Marth than Snake does. Diddy loses to Olimar and is even with Marth whereas Snake is even against both. Snake also does better against IC, beats Diddy, does not do worse than Diddy against Falco, does better vs Wario and doesn't do worse vs ZSS. DDD and Pikachu are the only characters that Diddy does better against than Snake. Also, Diddy cannot beat MK - Snake can. Snake is a better character than Diddy.

:059:

Snake dosen't have the tools to go even with or beat the characters you mentioned except ICs which is probably even and Wario which seems like it can go either way. Haven't really seen ZSS/Snake top level play but Diddy probably has a slight advantage against her. I doubt Snake can do much better. Diddy has the tools to fight MK unlike Snake.

Snake is just really easy to platform camp and once opponents learn how to SDI, Snake has a harder time racking up damage. He also can't really do anything OOS without having to shield drop.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Snake dosen't have the tools to go even with or beat the characters you mentioned except ICs which is probably even and Wario which seems like it can go either way. Haven't really seen ZSS/Snake top level play but Diddy probably has a slight advantage against her. I doubt Snake can do much better. Diddy has the tools to fight MK unlike Snake.

Snake is just really easy to platform camp and once opponents learn how to SDI, Snake has a harder time racking up damage. He also can't really do anything OOS without having to shield drop.
After seeing V115 dismantle Diddy Kongs like Zinoto and Player 1 I can't see the MU being in Diddy's favour

To me it seems like the kind of MU that's completely even, but then when one player knows the MU better it swings to +3 in his/her favour.

FourStar

Smash Ace
A positive record is a positive record. I mean it's not like his wins were from 08.
i feel like too many people rely on salem for ZSS's metagame. yes he did change it. ALOT. but that doesn't mean he is the soul metagame for her. there are still good ZSS out there like nick riddle and Dazwa. its like how people base ESAM for pika's metagame even though there are like hundreds of other pika mains out there.

sorry just a little rant time. carry on with your lives :p

Player-1

Smash Legend
Me and V are 1-1 btw, once in tournament and once in MM. I'd like to play against more ZSS's that aren't DRN who knows how I play before I say the MU is definite, but I'd say the MU is very slightly in Diddy's favor, but I've been starting to lean towards even lately. I'd say ZSS is definitely top 3 in the game with bananas, she has the same frame data as diddy's item throws with a long glidetoss and moves such as dsmash that are almost perfectly safe on shield.

I feel like the Diddy-MK MU is almost -2 (keep in mind Apex ruleset), but only if MK plays the MU right/perfectly which no MK does cuz they're all bad.
IMO, Diddy goes even with ICs, loses to Olimar, goes even with marth, loses slightly to snake but it's almost even, loses to falco, pika and ZSS are probably about the same difficulty maybe ZSS slightly harder. Pika's platform control/pressure on Diddy is really good so it's kinda stage dependent. Diddy loses to wario, and this might sound kind of absurd to some people, but I think he loses to Pit (still keeping in mind with Apex stage list) if the Pit goes for the timeout. Pit's run away game from Diddy is really good and when he does come into those situations where he has to fight diddy his multiple jumps + palutena wings helps him stay off the ground away from bananas and his frame data is pretty fast and can definitely compete with diddy up close.

I think Snake's MU spread is pretty close to Diddy's, I think they could probably be interchangeable. I think Snake's MUs are a bit more polarizing than Diddy's, Olimar definitely beats Snake harder than Diddy and then Pikachu can be argued for -2.

Tesh

Smash Hero
kind of sad how interesting the metagame can look without mk

most of that stuff you said p1 doesnt ever matter because viability vs mk is more than half the game.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
G&W isn't overrated, and his MU vs. ICs is nowhere near as bad as people think.

It's a shame MK wrecks him though.
It is though lol.

most of that stuff you said p1 doesnt ever matter because viability vs mk is more than half the game.
#SoftBanMK2013

Player-1

Smash Legend

like I said, diddy mk is probably almost -2 if every MK wasn't bad. Every time Diddy gets put off stage it should be a stock.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i remember there was this one guy, from like texas or something, about 3 years ago. he was so confident that diddy got wrecked by MK, that as a diddy main he picked up mk, under the opinion that if a player with intimate diddy knowledge were to play MK, that mk would pretty much destroy every diddy forever.

I forgot that guys name, he was a cool dude.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Every time Diddy gets put off stage it should be a stock.
not really. in theory it could be like that if the mk predicts right, but he has to guess how you go or have inhuman reaction time.
in reality Diddy makes it back pretty often. It's just really scary for Diddy because he could lose the stock if the MK guesses right

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
In most situations It really doesnt require impossible reactions. unless reacting to monkey flip is impossible... sure its hard, but inhuman reaction time is just not true.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Most of the time we're left in a scenario where there is two paths:
1. Die
2. Get hit by MK, resets the situation

We just have to keep going to the second one until the MK messes up.

Luigi player

Smash Master
often the odds are in diddys favor when he's recovering. him letting go of upB is not that easy to predict. the chance is there to gimp him, but he can survive.
of course there are situations where it's really bad for him and he shouldn't make it. but you can't just say "well if the mk is perfect". that doesn't work. nobody is perfect.
in reality diddy makes it back pretty often. I guess every MK player is bad then. no normal human can gimp a diddy 100 % of the time. it's pretty much impossible. that's like saying "well, if one plays perfect enough, he could theoretically never get hit and jv 4 stock his opponent". saying that would be almost the same as saying MK should gimp Diddy every time he's offstage.

reality has shown that there is no MK that is so perfect how people say he "could" be. and at this stage of the game it's pretty safe to say there won't ever be. unless there suddenly appears someone that can read minds/has a superhyper reaction time and stuff.

I don't get why people still aren't over that MK is so overpowered bull****.

Top Bottom