• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
mods generally cant flag **** because if you're flagging **** that you have the power to just delete and re-enter correctly, you're wasting your time.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Well I agree, but I can't just delete/rename video links. >.>

Also, I still have the drop downs to flag names, character, and region...

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Well I agree, but I can't just delete/rename video links. >.>

Also, I still have the drop downs to flag names, character, and region...
ah. sorry. i'll fix that now.

and yeah, i'll get rid of those too (for mods) as they're just clutter. I just hadn't really settled on the no-flagging-for-mods idea when I made that page. thanks for reminding me.

sidefx

Smash Champion
fannypak = Alan

forgot to change him in the tio file to Alan.

he has no history of using the alias Fannypak so its screwing with some results

Bones0

Smash Legend
fannypak = Alan

forgot to change him in the tio file to Alan.

he has no history of using the alias Fannypak so its screwing with some results
Done.

FoxLisk, were you planning on implementing provisional ratings? I can't remember if you were talking about it or if someone else just mentioned it.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I think that provisional ratings is necessary to deal with the random one-timers that make up half of the player database. We just haven't discussed it yet to my knowledge.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I think Ziv mentioned it. It seems EXTREMELY necessary because every player who's gone 2 and out has a higher ranking than me. >_______>

Also, it'd probably make recalculating go a lot faster. lol

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
The provisional ratings formula helps us establish a much more accurate elo for a player after their first tournament, which would be used instead of starting everybody off with a base rating of 1200.

:phone:

stelzig

Smash Lord
Just noticed that beauty 4 has been uploaded, but the bracket is wrong in at least one place and pools are missing. I'll probably upload the correct results (with pools) in a bit :)

Edit: Done.

$lash

Smash Apprentice
User: Slash
My results are only from OSmash#1, the Epita Smash Arena 2 results are from a different Smasher.

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
The advanced search rox my sox. Seems to run nice and fast, too.

Some ordering for the results would be nice. For example, if I search for spacies rated 1800+, I get a list like the following:

Westballz [Falco] - 1816
Zhu [Falco] - 1895
Lovage [Fox] - 1814
Lucky [Fox] - 1852
Kels [Fox] - 1930
Dr Peepee [Falco] - 2001
Mango [Falco] - 2008
Jman [Fox] - 1802

It'd be better if they were automatically ordered by rating.

ycz12

Smash Ace
Hey guys, did Massachusetts Institute of Tech Skill get uploaded properly? I (ycz6) submitted it a while ago and it hasn't shown up. Also Foxlisk was there.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lol I dunno if you should be passing off the project like that at the moment Ziv. It's pretty obvious we're missing a lot of Tristate data which leads to jman/hax/some other players having lower ratings than they should. But the only people to blame are the TOs of the area; players should be getting on their ***** to document tournaments better if they want the SSBPD to succeed. I've seen Tristate players say that SSBPD is a joke because of this but they aren't doing anything to help us out in that regard.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I thought the troll icon was evidence of a little sarcasm going on. Even though I do personally think S2Js falcon is the best atm, I wholeheartedy believe the db is definitely missing some data before it can be taken that serious.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how so? have some important tourneys been submitted since the last re-run of results?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
i've just been waiting forever to see how my elo changes with my win against Wobbles from a tourney on 4/28/12 that hasn't been processed yet lol

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Error about Shaeden that he reminded me about this past weekend:

Don't ask me why, but someone else from East Coast registered as "Shaeden" for Pound 4, so the real Shaeden was forced to enter as another tag and chose "pydoyk" during registration. If you want more proof besides my word, aisight (a SWF Senator) confirms this in his post on here. So the following matches should NOT be attached to Shaeden:

Instead, the Pound 4 matches played by pydoyk should be attached to Shaeden.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I have a four day weekend coming up (Tuesday though Friday) and even though a huge portion of it will be used up playing Diablo 3, I will go through and fix more requests and get some tournies processed.

Top Bottom