• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Scar: Several of the participants that played in OC2 will have funny elo's right now because it is the most recently calculated tournament. Notice Ken at 1800? That will change when FoxLisk recalculates. EDIT: It looks like he recently recalculated so check it out again. He's like 1300 which is where it should be.

Kish: That is sweet news about FC3. Talk to Squared and find out about FCD because that would be amazing to have in the DB. As far as partial results goes, if you can make it in .tio lets upload it. Oh and I talked to FoxLisk about the Snexus tournament. We'll have it completely processed and in the DB by tomorrow night. I am really glad you've taken interest in this project so we appreciate the help!

EDIT: The players that haven't played in over a year don't get wiped out. You can still see them in the DB and find them on the players list. But eventually we will have links for Top X players and this list will just filter out inactive players. Obviously Ken isn't currently a top 100 player. It's just like how the USCF does it. Bobby Fischer was rated 2750+ and for the longest time was the higest rated player in USCF history. But he didn't appear on something like the 2010 top 100 list because he was inactive for so many years. That doesn't mean you can't see his rating though. Get what I mean?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Inactive players are important to include because they still influenced the ratings of more recent players, which then in turn affects the ratings of all currently active players. PC Chris would be a good example of that. His rating (and everyone that's played him recently) should be affected by both the old guard and the current generation.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scar: Several of the participants that played in OC2 will have funny elo's right now because it is the most recently calculated tournament. Notice Ken at 1800? That will change when FoxLisk recalculates. EDIT: It looks like he recently recalculated so check it out again. He's like 1300 which is where it should be.
awesome, thanks for the explanation

hopefully we can get it to auto-recalculate :p

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
I know there's a flag for letting mods know if a player has been flagged incorrectly, but is there a way to flag a tag that is made up of multiple players? It seems like that would be easier than posting here.

I think somebody mentioned it already but Vash (http://www.ssbpd.com/player/Vash) is made up of 3 different players.
  • Vash from Austin attended Pivot Wavedash, TYS Bar Fights 4, Fall of the Colossus, TYS Bar Fights 5, and Kawaii Love Combos on Ice.
  • Broly's brother, Vash attended Subway Fight Night and TYS Bar Fights 6.
  • Some random guy called Vash attended Winter Game Fest VI.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Admiral, I passed your suggestion along. If we ever get around to creating a roadmap, it'll be on there.

I should have the .tio files for SPOC 1-8, that should have a ton of data from EC / Tristate.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Nintendude: I'm not sure if your post is in opposition to mine. The DB will most certainly include inactive players. It shouldn't and will not include inactive players on a frequently updated Top X Players list. If you need further explanation or reasoning, we should talk on AIM.

Scar: The thing about recalculating is that it takes a while to do. And with more and more data, it'll start taking even longer. So it will likely remain a thing we do every or every other night, as long as there is a necessity.

Admiral, thanks for the info. I'll fix those when I get off work this evening.

:phone:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Is there anyone that can get ahold of the Mass Madness series? That's like 20+ tournaments for New England / Tristate spanning many years.
Nintendude: I'm not sure if your post is in opposition to mine. The DB will most certainly include inactive players. It shouldn't and will not include inactive players on a frequently updated Top X Players list. If you need further explanation or reasoning, we should talk on AIM.
I was agreeing with you. I was responing to Kish's post:

I will add that if anyone older than a year gets wiped out anyway, I don't see much of a point in putting in the work, though.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Mmm can we include who uploaded the tio files for each tourney? Idk who to contact for some really weird results

uh. not retroactively. i've been considering adding it for a while. it'll show up someday. for now i have other things to do and limited free time due to personal circumstances, so unless a bunch of people need it, it's not a priority.

For now if you can just let us know what looks wrong, that will do for the time being.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hey so I uploaded Double Back-Flip Mega EXPLOSION on Sunday and I'm wondering if you guys got it. I'm assuming its just taking time because it has to be verified or whatever?
Actually looking through the DB I don't see it in there. What is the filename? Try reuploading it. It'll tell you if it's already been uploaded.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I spoke too soon...just found a trove a brackets in an odd place, including SMYM2, 3, 4, 5, 9, and 10, not in tio format of course.

I'll take a long while to put them up, but will try to do so over the next week or two.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Doubt it. One of them (SMYM4) is in Tournament Maker format - don't have that one. Do you?

Man these were fun tournaments. :) Should help to build up the old data nicely, along with FC3.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
This is really really sick - and considering how it could be expanded is even more awesome.

My question though is how will it handle the same person entered under different names? I realize there's an incorrect name option but if a person shows up twice under different names and you suggest the same name, will it merge the results of the two? Also, people with the same name?

EDIT:
Following from both things I mentioned above, it would be awesome if TIO added support for this website in the program. You could upload to the site directly from TIO (could even have real time updates as match results are entered in TIO and perhaps visualization of the brackets on the site for people following the tournament). Also, TIO could implement an auto-complete when you enter people into the player list that uses the full list of players on the website.

Perhaps I might be interested in helping out... but it would have to wait until school is finished.

EDIT2:
For my memory as well as consideration for others I'm going to keep a list of ideas here and edit this post when new ideas come into my head. (I'm not really requesting all these be implemented, just trying to keep a list of stuff that might be cool)
1) Allow players to link their stats to their account + profile pages.
2) Allow the creation of region groups and the addition of players to said groups. Players can be a part of multiple groups, for example, Scar would be a member of Northern California, California, West Coast USA, USA, World. This way things such as inter-regional ELO's could be generated (ELO against players of only that region group). So Scar would have a different ELO/Ranking in each of his regions. It could be thought up as that the website currently only supports the World region group.
3) [Integration with TIO] Auto-complete for player entry to help speed up player name entry as well as ensure the name matches what is used on the website.
4) [Integration with TIO] Uploading to ssbpd directly from program. Real-time match result commitment. Live bracket visualization.
5) User-moderated tournament removal, a certain amount of votes can get a tournament removed - can perhaps prevent spam which could alter results.

Scar

#HarveyDent
fizzi, we have a skype group going about it, feel free to pm me your skype name and i'll add you to our convo

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Pools is already implemented in TIO so it works, you can see them here: http://www.ssbpd.com/tournament/APEX 2012

Swiss is not implemented in TIO so naturally it doesn't work for the website. I honestly wish TIO was open source on like GitHub or something... I'm pretty good at C# and would probably be down for adding Swiss support.

Splitting... shouldn't be allowed anyway :p. Naw just kidding, idk, have the players play it out anyway?

Kal

Smash Champion
Are you sure .NET is open source? I thought Micro$oft owned the license to it.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
.NET is definitely not open source. I'm not really sure what he's talking about. Perhaps some kind of decompiler... Perhaps sarcasm at my wish for a .NET project to be open source?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Questions that may or may not have already been answered:
1. What to do about splitting?
2. What about Pools?
3. What about Swiss?
AS long as we can be aware of a split, that match will be unrated since it was not played. Pools are easy and already work. Swiss technically can be done. Each round is 1 event, double elim bracket (easier for the db to read) with only one match being recorded (the db can calculate partial brackets).

Hungrybox, it excites me that you like the project. You're one of the first pro's to speak up.

EDIT: And you're right about Apex 2010. Can't find the bracket anywhere. Also can't get complete .tio files for ROM2, ROM3, or ROM 4. I think ROM 3 is the closest though since pools are uploaded to AiB, and there is a bracket image out there somewhere.

But it is really important to have more than just bracket at large tournaments. We really really REALLY need pools from them too.

EDIT2: If you're looking at the Elo's right now they are going to look a little funny. I've uploaded a lot of older tournaments today and they will be recalculated tonight in order so that they aren't so out of whack. Like Kels dropped 300 points. That'll be fixed.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
AS long as we can be aware of a split, that match will be unrated since it was not played. Pools are easy and already work. Swiss technically can be done. Each round is 1 event, double elim bracket (easier for the db to read) with only one match being recorded (the db can calculate partial brackets).
Well, we only ran Swiss twice, so I may just leave those 2 tournies out. For the splitting portion, how can I make sure y'all are aware of it? And then...

SSBPD/Uploads said:
You do not need an account to upload Files. If you sign up for an account, you can contact me about getting it set up as an authorized account. Authorized users are acknowledged TOs that can be trusted to upload valid tournament results, and their uploads will be processed immediately instead of waiting to be approved.
I've got an account, but I mean...for these first 10 or so tournies I'm going to upload I'd like to have them looked over just in case. But starting from my March 31st tourney and on, I wouldn't mind being under the acknowledged TO group thingybopper.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
.NET is definitely not open source. I'm not really sure what he's talking about. Perhaps some kind of decompiler... Perhaps sarcasm at my wish for a .NET project to be open source?
google ".NET reflector". I think you have to buy the product now, but that used to not be the case. I still have a copy of the free version if you are interested. Basically what it does is takes the compiled .NET product and shows you the entire source, in whatever language you want.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Well, we only ran Swiss twice, so I may just leave those 2 tournies out. For the splitting portion, how can I make sure y'all are aware of it? And then...

I've got an account, but I mean...for these first 10 or so tournies I'm going to upload I'd like to have them looked over just in case. But starting from my March 31st tourney and on, I wouldn't mind being under the acknowledged TO group thingybopper.
I pretty much analyze them all before processing.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
google ".NET reflector". I think you have to buy the product now, but that used to not be the case. I still have a copy of the free version if you are interested. Basically what it does is takes the compiled .NET product and shows you the entire source, in whatever language you want.
Also dotPeek, which is free (though it only supports decompiling .NET to C#). Java is even better, because a .jar is essentially just an archive with class files in it. I wouldn't joke that .NET programs are open source, though, since that would imply having access to the source code is meaningful and lets you contribute to the project.

Top Bottom