• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Haha...crazy coincidence, I was cleaning out a box in my garage and stumbled into FCD pools.

No brackets yet, but things keep appearing, so who knows? Might be able to reconstruct a good amount of the brackets from the results/thread if that can be dug up.

EDIT: By the way, this is literally reconstructing 256 players into 32 pools, then 16 pools, then 8 pools, in a very manual way. This is probably a 10-15 hour project and I have no idea when I will get to it. I will keep working on FC3 since that one is complete, but if someone wants to work on FCD, I can upload a scan of them on Monday when I go back to work. Otherwise, don't count on them for a month or so.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I love you guys.

Kish you need to get in on our Skype chat. Chain Ace I have a dual monitor set up which makes things like that a lot easier if you would rather have me do it.

:phone:

KishPrime

BRoomer
I don't know what a Skype Chat is. But I'm open. My Skype name, as you might guess, is KishPrime.

Can't get them to you till Monday, though, either way. How's the Snexus 2 fix going?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I don't know what a Skype Chat is. But I'm open. My Skype name, as you might guess, is KishPrime.

Can't get them to you till Monday, though, either way. How's the Snexus 2 fix going?
Snexus will work when FoxLisk fixes the code to read single elimination brackets. Just out of curiosity though, how did you get the byes to work right in the .tio file youI made for it? I keep getting the glitch that happens when two byes play each other they can't be moved.

Kage: sweet. Canada is under represented right now so it will be nice to see that improve.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Snexus will work when FoxLisk fixes the code to read single elimination brackets. Just out of curiosity though, how did you get the byes to work right in the .tio file you made for it? I keep getting the glitch that happens when two byes play each other they can't be moved.
I'm pretty sure he created fake players first, in order to recreate the bracket, and then he deleted them. It works, I just did it for another 2003 tournament.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Snexus will work when FoxLisk fixes the code to read single elimination brackets. Just out of curiosity though, how did you get the byes to work right in the .tio file you made for it? I keep getting the glitch that happens when two byes play each other they can't be moved.

Kate: sweet. Canada is under represented right now so it will be nice to see that improve.

oh i fixed that actually. should work now.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I'm pretty sure he created fake players first, in order to recreate the bracket, and then he deleted them. It works, I just did it for another 2003 tournament.
Bingo.

So the only real sticking point I have left, then, is the random set of like 10 pools I have from FC6. I've got nothing else. Do you want to add those in, or not?

Varist

Smash Lord
sticky makes my pants sticky

ssbpd makes my socks sticky

to raise some criticism, what's up with the white background, light yellow and cyan font? that is literally the gayest-to-read-or-look-at combination you could have chosen. other than white on white rofl.

any idear when those clickables will change? hurting my eyes mang. gotta highlight all da text mane. sucks mane.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^Yes, it could definitely be prettied up and use a banner. But that of course can wait until these guys are satisfied with everything. There still putting in serious work.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
sticky makes my pants sticky

ssbpd makes my socks sticky

to raise some criticism, what's up with the white background, light yellow and cyan font? that is literally the gayest-to-read-or-look-at combination you could have chosen. other than white on white rofl.

any idear when those clickables will change? hurting my eyes mang. gotta highlight all da text mane. sucks mane.
what? the text is grey. it's perfectly readable and there's no yellow anywhere... what browser are you using?

edit: in response to the larger question of it having no style, im aware of that. it shouldnt be actively painful to read though :(

Varist

Smash Lord
I'm using Firefox version 11 (latest). I have NoScript but disabled for your site. Below is a screenshot of the ssbpd from my computer. Since day 1 of this project this is how the site has always looked to me.

ERROR ON MOI END?​

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Mine isn't like that and I too am using Firefox 11. I've got the usually dark blue clickable and dark purple when recently clicked.

Varist

Smash Lord
I just went to Firefox -> Options -> Content -> fonts&colorssubheading -> Colors

and I have "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above" checked. I tried to change my clicked and unclicked link colors to other more visible colors and it changed the links on the ssbpd page. They are now visible.

But that proves this is either a browser issue or a site issue.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
oh. yeah. i dont have link colors specified so there's no override for whatever defaults you have, i guess? i wasnt aware that option even existed in FF.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I got in touch with Swift about uploading the Hall of Gaming series, so hopefully he'll be able to retrieve all of those. I still have yet to hear from KevinM about the Mass Madness series. Apex 2010 would be nice to have too, but I remember the pools were done on paper so I don't know if we'll be able to reconstruct that unless it was saved somewhere.

Codi

Smash Ace
needs more no johns tourny results in this but its really awesome that you made this thank you for your hard work =]

Varist

Smash Lord
needs more no johns tourny results in this but its really awesome that you made this thank you for your hard work =]
i agree with this but there's been talk that NE TOs are irresponsible with their tio files lol

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I got in touch with Swift about uploading the Hall of Gaming series, so hopefully he'll be able to retrieve all of those. I still have yet to hear from KevinM about the Mass Madness series. Apex 2010 would be nice to have too, but I remember the pools were done on paper so I don't know if we'll be able to reconstruct that unless it was saved somewhere.
Do you by chance happen to know if Swift is the same person as Swiftbass?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Alright. I just uploaded about 10 tournaments or so. Hopefully I got all the names to be standard.* I should have 1 or 2 more to upload from my other laptop when I get some time to go through it and fix up the names.

Refer to my thread Tucson Tournaments for details on results and stuff that may help.

*If Oksas is on any, please change him to Prof. Oksas

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
FoxLisk can you add to the thread title that we are looking for volunteers to recreate old tio files?
Hopefully you've heard but Neal has granted me access to extract .tio files directly from AiB. So if they are there, I got it. If they are just bracket images or on a different site, or different software used to create them, we could use help recreating those.

KishPrime

BRoomer
FCD Pools, if someone wants a project:
www.nd.edu/~tkish/FCDRound1.pdf
www.nd.edu/~tkish/FCDRound2.pdf
www.nd.edu/~tkish/FCDRound3.pdf

They are sideways but Adobe Reader can "rotate view" under the View menu. Brackets still don't exist, but like I'd mentioned if we can dig up the thread we might be able to reconstruct it, at least partially. This is quite the trove of matches, though, and should help build up some of the old players' tournament records in concert with FC3.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Ken skipped out on FCs after 3 because he was trying to hype his own tournament, remember? He sent Chu to FC6 to "take the pot and add it to OC's" or something like that.

Shrug. Unfortunately, the one pool I'm missing from FC1 is Ken's as well, so can't even give him a full set of wins for that one. The MLG 06 brackets should help get Ken's record intact, I'd think.

Still want those once they're in Tio format.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hopefully you've heard but Neal has granted me access to extract .tio files directly from AiB. So if they are there, I got it. If they are just bracket images or on a different site, or different software used to create them, we could use help recreating those.

That's amazing. Have all of the AIB tournaments from the big list I compiled been added yet?

edit: looks like they haven't yet. Take a look at the list posted in the project room. I think most of AIB's content is there.

Also, can someone contact JV or AZ about possibly getting results for MLG 04-05?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
That's amazing. Have all of the AIB tournaments from the big list I compiled been added yet?

edit: looks like they haven't yet. Take a look at the list posted in the project room. I think most of AIB's content is there.

Also, can someone contact JV or AZ about possibly getting results for MLG 04-05?
It's still not a quick as a process as you would think. It probably takes about 10 minutes to process a 100 person tournament. All I really do though is go through the entrants and make sure their name in the file matches what's in the DB because it's easier to fix beforehand than after. Also I saw your list and actually made a much larger one of "target" tournaments to have in the DB. It's posted a few pages back and has over 75 tournaments in it dating back to 2007.

Anyways I'm off tomorrow so I'm gonna play some SC2 tonight and then hit the DB hard with the goal to process every tournament that is currently uploaded, resolve all player flags, and upload at least 10 tournaments from our list. Should be fun :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

I thought I already forwarded the PM i received from AZ. JV might be able to, though. Would be best if we could get archives from the archived SWF threads.

Top Bottom