• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yes we've met -__-

it wasn't show me your moves though. never went to any of them.

Was mist that IL tournament that they held in that church thing next to a frozen lake out in the middle of nowhere?
No MIST was the one in springfield, MO last summer. Sorry, I have a hard time matching faces to smashboards names. What tourneys have you been to in the MW?

Kal

Smash Champion
@kal Damn, was I just the last straw or what? Sorry I ruined your day.
My day wasn't ruined. It would just be prudent for you to read through threads like these before asking questions. There is a good chance a question you have has already been answered.

Though I think it might be a good idea to include some sort of FAQ, since people keep asking the same questions.

Ace55

Smash Lord
The uploaded tournies Ace Smash 2 & 3 have the wrong dates (both 03/07/2012). The correct dates are October 2nd, 2010 & April 9th 2011.
A response would be nice. I hosted and uploaded the tourney myself, I have Tio's with the correct dates if it's necessary.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Cool. Btw how are you supposed to flag someone who's results are already merged with another player? The player Dave's match list consists of 40% Dave-NL's matches and 60% some other Dave matches. Should I just flag it and let you guys figure out who's who?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Cool. Btw how are you supposed to flag someone who's results are already merged with another player? The player Dave's match list consists of 40% Dave-NL's matches and 60% some other Dave matches. Should I just flag it and let you guys figure out who's who?
It should be good, now.

Ambix

Smash Ace
technically I was there... for saturday. Probably didnt meet you there tho xD
FC 6? :D

Think that was it......unless you know what tournament i'm talking about when I was talking about the one out next to that frozen lake in the middle of nowhere.

I think Xif or iori ended up winning it and it might have been in Indiana.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
"Biggy" and "BigY" are the same person, and "Bigy" is the proper tag, lol.

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but can the Flag as Another Player dropdown list be alphabetized? It's next to impossible to find the actual correct player under the current format.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
"Biggy" and "BigY" are the same person, and "Bigy" is the proper tag, lol.

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but can the Flag as Another Player dropdown list be alphabetized? It's next to impossible to find the actual correct player under the current format.
Fix'd Bigy. I'll let FoxLisk know about the other thing if he misses this.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
For the time being, you can type the name you are looking for when you have the drop down box selected and your browser will take the index to the name you intended

hectohertz

Smash Ace
just out of interest (i'm sure my specific case will be fixed when someone gets around to it), what's the policy going to be on people not showing up? are they going to be recorded as losses? do we have the ability to remove individual matches from the db?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
When specific cases of that are identified we just assign those matches to a dummy profile. However, if someone plays some of their matches and leaves, the rest must be recorded as losses.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
When specific cases of that are identified we just assign those matches to a dummy profile. However, if someone plays some of their matches and leaves, the rest must be recorded as losses.
seems like a good system. unfortunately, i didn't get to play any of my matches at apex. i got a really bad stomach flu (i'm aware of how ironic that is)

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
ofcourse it is a problem, all the matches you enter with Toast will be connected to the toast account, while YOU are now "standardtoast" since Zivilyn Bane has renamed you on the database...
When people upload the tio files and they're parsed, can't they just say that I'm the other one? I don't want to enter tourneys with another tag, lol.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Actually it's better to just remove that name from the .tio file alltogether so that the other players aren't getting elo points they didn't earn.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Rudimentary character support has been added. More will come in the future but I thought I was far enough along to unveil it for everyone :)

Enjoy!

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
K, yeah, it's official, this thing just keeps getting better. I really hope that in the coming weeks and months as this gets fine-tuned and perfected people start using this (partly) as their incentive for improvement and their basis for setting goals and stuff.

I've got a few general questions regarding character support. Will a person's name always be locked on specific characters or will differentiation be possible (for example, in Armada's case--will his recent sets versus HBox show Peach, or can those sets show Young Link while others show Peach)? Either way, is it possible to show more than one character next to a person's name?

It's ultimately misleading to show Armada (PEACH) versus HBox in said recent sets, but it's also misleading to show M2K locked down on any one particular character.

I'm assuming that both differentiation and multiple characters will be possible at some point, hence your statement that there will be more to come in the future and that it's only rudimentary right now. Just looking for a little clarity.

Anyway this thing is beast and I hope it catches on in a big way.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
K, yeah, it's official, this thing just keeps getting better. I really hope that in the coming weeks and months as this gets fine-tuned and perfected people start using this (partly) as their incentive for improvement and their basis for setting goals and stuff.

I've got a few general questions regarding character support. Will a person's name always be locked on specific characters or will differentiation be possible (for example, in Armada's case--will his recent sets versus HBox show Peach, or can those sets show Young Link while others show Peach)? Either way, is it possible to show more than one character next to a person's name?

It's ultimately misleading to show Armada (PEACH) versus HBox in said recent sets, but it's also misleading to show M2K locked down on any one particular character.

I'm assuming that both differentiation and multiple characters will be possible at some point, hence your statement that there will be more to come in the future and that it's only rudimentary right now. Just looking for a little clarity.

Anyway this thing is beast and I hope it catches on in a big way.
I actually explained some of this in an update to the OP but I can run through it again here.

Sets can already be tagged as not being played with the characters main. You can actually see at Apex 2012 that Armada is tagged as Young Link against Hungrybox.

I haven't really thought about giving individual players multiple mains. maybe that could happen eventually.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I actually explained some of this in an update to the OP but I can run through it again here.

Sets can already be tagged as not being played with the characters main. You can actually see at Apex 2012 that Armada is tagged as Young Link against Hungrybox.

I haven't really thought about giving individual players multiple mains. maybe that could happen eventually.
My bad for not checking the first post to see details. The reason I assumed that the different tagging was not possible at all yet is that according to HBox's match history, Armada was running Peach against him. Yet yes, in the Apex 2012 section he's tagged as YL. I suppose it'll be fixable in HBox's match history too at some point.

I would think it'd be better to have multiple main stuff a possibility, but I suppose when I think about it my main example (M2K) is one of the only high level players I can think of that plays different characters within sets fairly frequently.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
My bad for not checking the first post to see details. The reason I assumed that the different tagging was not possible at all yet is that according to HBox's match history, Armada was running Peach against him. Yet yes, in the Apex 2012 section he's tagged as YL. I suppose it'll be fixable in HBox's match history too at some point.
i decided to go with the motif of
"Armada, who mains Peach, won a set against Hungrybox, who mains Jigglypuff"

rather than
"Armada won against Hungrybox's Jigglypuff while playing as Young Link"

on purpose. That is to say, it doesn't need to be fixed so much as possibly changed.

If the consensus is that it's preferable to use the character the opponent used in that set, rather than their main, in the player history view, I don't mind changing it, it just seemed more natural this way to me.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
i decided to go with the motif of
"Armada, who mains Peach, won a set against Hungrybox, who mains Jigglypuff"

rather than
"Armada won against Hungrybox's Jigglypuff while playing as Young Link"

on purpose. That is to say, it doesn't need to be fixed so much as possibly changed.

If the consensus is that it's preferable to use the character the opponent used in that set, rather than their main, in the player history view, I don't mind changing it, it just seemed more natural this way to me.
Works for me.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
lol it says hbox beat mango's falco with fox
you're a mod. fix it!

edit: apparently something's messed up... nevermind, i'll figure it out.

edit2: fixed the issue, reverting to sass. I fixed this one but in the future just fix it!

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Actually, right now the Apex 2012 page is still saying that Armada played Peach in the first set of GFs. It gives the correct character for the second set, though.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Who uploaded Start 1? It's a European tournament (Remen entered) and it has incomplete pools results and a duplicate player.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Who uploaded Start 1? It's a European tournament (Remen entered) and it has incomplete pools results and a duplicate player.
In this vein, would it be very annoying to anyone if I required you to be logged in to upload tournaments? It'd make it an awful lot easier to track down who did upload them.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't know any other website that let's users input 100% anonymously. I don't think anyone would care that they have to log in (I just made my account today, easiest registration ever *applause*) and I think it will be necessary going forward in order to prevent abuse.

:phone:

Top Bottom