• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n88

Smash Lord
I don't understand why a lot of people feel SSB4 needs however many new female characters.
Sure, a few new female reps are ok, but do we need Krystal, Daisy, Rosalina, Lyn, Captain Syrup, Mona, Takamaru, and Ashley?
I like a lot of those characters, except Krystal, and I don't know anything about Lyn, Syrup and Takamaru, but having around 8 female newcomers when Brawl only got around 15 (I've probably missed or added some there) newcomers is a bit ridiculous.

The worst thing that can happen is that more characters are added to Smash just because they're girls or villains. Most important Nintendo characters are guys, so Smash's roster is mostly guys. Keep in mind, I'm not saying that no more new girls/villains should be added, just that they shouldn't be added because they're girls/villains.

justaway12

Smash Master
It would be stupid that girls would be added just because they are girls/villains if they have a major/somewhat major role in the game they should be added I think that there should be 3-5 girls/villains

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Though I'd love for Nintendo to dig a bit deeper into its other franchises and once-offs for characters as opposed to dishing out even more from the same ones. Pit, Mr. Game and Watch, Ike and others were good starts, but there's still the odd series that could use support. How about Mach Rider, Advance Wars or Sin and Punishment? We don't need to prioritise another Mario representative.
My sentiments exactly. I would love to see Star Man (from Pro Wrestling) in there myself.

Also, let's not forget about Isaac from Golden Sun, Takamaru from Nazo no Murasame-jo, Sukapon from Mecha Joy Fight and Lip from Panel De Pon.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
bla

A Super-Bar instant of Smash-Balls.
Attaking the shild of an enemey and get hit by the same attacke over and over fills the bar. 1/3 gives you a break free move (the shild bubble gets really big, really fast), that push your enemy away and blocks his shild for some time. 2/3 gives you an Ultra Smash that attacks one or more enemies. A full bar transforms you into a Warioman oder Giga Bowser like super form with more power and speed for a short time.
Yeah, I've always disliked this type of idea. Mostly 'cause of the fact that its just downright unoriginal in comparison to how the Smash Balls work now. Power bars don't belong in Smash, if you ask me. Well, unless some character uses them as a gimmick or something.
Many dont see the point of a super bar and super attacks. There not only there becauce there a so shine and look cool, there also in games to be a punishment for your enemy, if he fights unfair, stupid, boring and too defensiv, and to be a save attack for yourself. If someone is to defensiv or spamming one attack, he fills up your bar. If someone got you in an infintie or dont let you go of some attack, he fills up your bar.
Thats why the first special is just a break free move, to get you out of something. The others are powerfull moves to punishment a careless enemy.

An air-run that cost the second jump.
This would kill camping und make the game offensiver. While your air-running, you can use every aerial-attack. If you touch the ground, while you have still some speed from the air-run, you slide and can use every ground-attake.
A combo would be: shorthope -> air-run -> aerial -> slide -> attack. Characters like Luigi would be sliding longer, then other characters.
Interesting. The only problem I can see is that it might be easy to activate accidentally... you'd just tap forward in the air, right? It might be annoying to accidentally do it while trying to do a midair attack. Otherwise, I think its a really good idea, and a great way of sort of replacing the wavedash with a normal mechanic.
No, the input would be more like hold y/x and smash to the side, i dont think that you nomally do something like this and it would be really fast, like doing a smash attack in the air ^^
Yeah the idear behind it, was to create a wavedash mechanic that looks normal and also gives the game more speed in the air and the ground.

Counter-Grab
Doesn't works if you are shilding or attacking. Would stop Infinities. If you counter-grab, you automatic use your backthrow, wihtout taking any damage.
Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. I like the idea of a counterthrow, and I really like your idea of it being an auto-back throw, too.
I want to add that the input is press z in a really short frame in beginnig. So you have to be good in it and a suprise grab always gets you. So it only works if the grab is predictable and it never works if you get grab while doing something.

Grab the foot of an character on the edge
If some hanging on the edge, the other can hang on its foot. While he is hanging on his foot, he can simple jump (he get his second jump and up+B back) or climb back to the stage over the other charakter. The character on the edge can only let the edge go, but both will fall down. if a therd character tries to hold the foot on the second character, all three fall down, becauce the guy on the edge cant hold them all. Only DK and Bowser can hold 3 characters.
It would no doubt be an interesting mechanic, but seems to negate the point of edgehogging. It would completely change how you edgehog, I'd imagine. Would Tethers work with it? If so, I think it'd be a bit broken.
Of course it would change edgehogging, becauce i find it always stupid, that the characters fall to there dead instant grab the character, who is on the edge. I think it would make the edge game more exciting, becauce this mechanic could flip a edge fight. Its more of a counter technic.

Choose Item and Item Spawn Point
Every Player can choose 3 Items, they spawn in match afters some time on an spawn point, where the player can get it for him.
Kind of strikes me as a weird idea, but why not?
The point is to make items not random anymore and give the game more prematch tatics.
Of course its an option between random (standart: item drops from the sky) and sapwn.

Partner Throw
At a Team Brawl Partners can throw each other in a direction or switch places. The Partner, who get thrown, can use his aerials directly. Parterns can also be thrown in midair. The move is really fast. Charakter with good throws, can throw faster and wider.
Team Combo = Shorthop -> Airrun -> Slide-> Partner Attacks Enemey and sent him up -> Partner Throw Up -> Attack enemy in the air and set him up -> Partner Jumps -> Partner Throw up -> Partner Attacks enemy.
This is genius too. It wouldn't require any extra work, really, like having Team Final Smashes would, and would add a very interesting aspect to Team Brawls.
The Input would be simply press z and the direction, where the partner should be thrown. The idear behind it is to have actually Teamplay without Teamattacks. Team Final Smash also would be to much for so many character combinations. I als would change Team Damage to Standart, None and All. In Standart only Special and smash attacks damage your Partner, while Aerial, Tils und Grabs dont hurt them.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Of course it would change edgehogging, becauce i find it always stupid, that the characters fall to there dead instant grab the character, who is on the edge. I think it would make the edge game more exciting, becauce this mechanic could flip a edge fight. Its more of a counter technic.
That doesn't matter. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't be there. Edgehogging is a big part of a lot of character's games.

And a big no to prematch item spawns.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
That's the artwork Spade, it's just that the one I saw was like 100x100 pixels, so I couldn't see it properly.
I can tell he's a man now.

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
There's a thread going on on NeoGAF where this guy is trying to put together the ultimate SSB4. They've taken hundreds of character requests and currently, voting for characters is going down right now. Rules for voting were posted on page 3 and it's already hit off with a ton of people voting.

That said, I figured all of you guys would like to vote for your favorite characters and stuff in here if you have a GAF account:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351324

Even if you don't have an account, it's interesting to see who is voting for who and just how big the list of characters is. Plus, there is a rumor going around that the guy who started this thread works at the NOA Treehouse so this is probably the best opportunity to make yourself known.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
There's a thread going on on NeoGAF where this guy is trying to put together the ultimate SSB4. They've taken hundreds of character requests and currently, voting for characters is going down right now. Rules for voting were posted on page 3 and it's already hit off with a ton of people voting.

That said, I figured all of you guys would like to vote for your favorite characters and stuff in here if you have a GAF account:

Even if you don't have an account, it's interesting to see who is voting for who and just how big the list of characters is. Plus, there is a rumor going around that the guy who started this thread works at the NOA Treehouse so this is probably the best opportunity to make yourself known.
...I saw Mia for Golden Sun rep. I hate this now.

Well, i'm kidding, but honestly, Mia? Jenna is a much more better idea, and has a much more fighter potential than Mia, who only specializes in healing.

And many 3rd Parties, in the aspect of having more than one represent. One is enough.

Ugh, there are many things I disagree with that project now... But nah, I won't register.

/spam

DeadlyRed3Dawg

Smash Rookie
Thats it, im lowering my list to the top 3 chracters for ssb4:better than brawl.
Geno-He needs to kill pit and rob.He was in the best mario rpg to date.HE NEEDS A FREAKIN COMEBACK!
Crono- he was the main character of the best rpg of all time hands down, and he had a nice moveset
Phoenix wright- awesome games, and he'd be the next C. Falcon with his trademark, "OBJECTION!"
for the game:
Make it as fast as melee
Balance out the characters more
take out flying.....in a game where you kill someone by knocking em off stage?is that even fair?!but thats just me.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

That idiot doesn't work for Nintendo. Paper Mario isn't on the Mario list.

EDIT: I'm joining just to make a fool of the guy.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Geno
Paper Mario

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Skull Kid
Toon Link
Wolf Link and Minda
Vaati

Pokemon:
Pickachu
PT
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Evee
Meowth

Golden Sun:
Isaac

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samuriah Goroh
Black Shadow

Fire-Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Black Knight

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Retro:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Pit
Little Mac

Earthbound:
Ness
Lucas
Masked Man

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Starfox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Wario:
Wario

Pikmin:
Pikmin and Olimar

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Sin and Punishment:
Saki

3rd Party:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Bomberman
Ryu
Simon Belmont
Travis

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
What I want to see from SSB4 is:

Characters:
Lyn/Ephraim (how cool would a lance-user be?) (FE), Krystal, Paula (EarthBound), Shadow/Knuckles, SWORD using Ganondorf, Midna/Wolf Link, Megaman, and bring back teh Mewtwo. REMOVE Ice Climbers and G&W. They haz no place thar.

Stages: MoonSide and The Magicant (EarthBound) would be so flippin' sweet, The Temple of Time, The Darkling Woods (FE), Tin Tower (Pokemon), and a good jungle stage from Donkey Kong.

Lol colors.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
1.)Mewtwo.
2.)Tails.
3.)Megaman.
4.)Bowser jr.
5.)K.Rool.
6.)Ridley.
7.)Ashley/Mona/Any Wario char.
8.)Waluigi.
9.)Krystal.
10.)Geno.

I know some of them won't come in and please don't turn it into Ridley/Krystal debate PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE DON'T DO IT.
as for me (in no particular order)

1. Lip
2. Geno
3. Ridley
4. Megaman
5. Waluigi
6. Bomberman
7. Knuckles
8. Dixie Kong
9. K. Rool
10. Isaac

I'd like for Cranky Kong to be in it, but Dixie Kong and K. Rool are better choices, and I can't see DK series having more than 4 reps. I'd like for him to be present in some form, though.

Also: Stanley the Bugman, just because.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
added alt. costumes

Mario:
Mario [dr mario]
Luigi [mr. l]
Peach [daisy]
Bowser [skelton bowser]
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Geno
Paper Mario [paper luigi]

Zelda:
Link [zorra armor]
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Skull Kid [tp verion]
Toon Link [melee version]
Wolf Link and Minda
Vaati

Pokemon:
Pickachu [raichu]
PT [female]
Jigglypuff [wigglypuff]
Mewtwo [with hood]
Lucario
Evee
Meowth

Golden Sun:
Isaac

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon [blood falcon]
Samuriah Goroh
Black Shadow

Fire-Emblem:
Marth [roy]
Ike
Black Knight

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong [funky kong]
Diddy Kong [dixie kong]
King K. Rool

Retro:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Pit
Little Mac

Earthbound:
Ness [jeff]
Lucas
Masked Man

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS [dark samus]
Ridley [meta ridley]

Starfox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Wario:
Wario

Pikmin:
Pikmin and Olimar

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe

Yoshi:
Yoshi [boshi]

Sin and Punishment:
Saki

3rd Party:
Snake [old version]
Sonic [shadow]
Megaman [zero]
Bomberman
Ryu [dark ryu]
Simon Belmont
Travis

Caedes

Smash Cadet
I've never been a fan of the MAJOR alts...some of your ideas are good (Dr. Mario, Mr. L, Mewtwo with the Hood, Link's Zora armor, old snake) but that's as far as it should go...complete alternate costumes, not just alternate colors, are a good idea. However alternate characters has always just seemed wrong to me. I hate the idea of Marth turning into Roy and Sonic turning into Shadow...and Donkey Kong/Funkey Kong and Diddy/Dixie is just ridiculous.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
yea thankz

yea the monkeys ones would be a little werid [lol ] i think in ssb4 when u beat clasicc,all star ect., with metwo 4 ex. u should get a alt. costume

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
added alt. costumes

Mario:
Mario [dr mario]
Luigi [mr. l]
Peach [daisy]
Bowser [skelton bowser]
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Geno

Zelda:
Link [zorra armor]
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Skull Kid [tp verion]
Wolf Link and Minda
Vaati

Pokemon:
Pickachu [raichu]
PT [female]
Jigglypuff [wigglypuff]
Mewtwo [with hood]
Lucario [shiny form]
Evee [shiny form]
Meowth [shiny form]

Golden Sun:
Isaac

F-Zero:
Samuriah Goroh
Black Shadow

Fire-Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Black Knight

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong [white fur]
Diddy Kong [white fur]
King K. Rool

Retro:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Pit
Little Mac

Earthbound:
Ness [jeff]
Lucas
Masked Man

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS [dark samus]
Ridley [meta ridley]

Starfox: [star fox assualt 4 all]
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Wario:
Wario [classic]

Pikmin:
Pikmin and Olimar [louie]

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe

Yoshi:
Yoshi [boshi]

Sin and Punishment:
Saki

3rd Party:
Snake [old version]
Sonic [black knight armor]
Megaman [classic]
Bomberman
Ryu [dark ryu]
Simon Belmont [1st appearence]
Travis

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
added alt. costumes

Mario:
Mario [dr mario]
Luigi [mr. l]
Peach [daisy]
Bowser [skelton bowser]
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario [gold]
Geno [white]

Zelda:
Link [zorra armor]
Zelda/Shiek [toon]
Ganondorf [toon]
Skull Kid [tp verion]
Wolf Link and Minda [toon]
Vaati [all white]

Pokemon:
Pickachu [raichu]
PT [female]
Jigglypuff [wigglypuff]
Mewtwo [with hood]
Lucario [shiny form]
Evee [shiny form]
Meowth [shiny form]

Golden Sun:
Isaac [classic]

F-Zero:
Samuriah Goroh [black]
Black Shadow [with cape]

Fire-Emblem:
Marth [roy color scheme]
Ike [lyn color schyme]
Black Knight [white]

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong [white fur]
Diddy Kong [white fur]
King K. Rool [one of his henchmen]

Retro:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B. [ancient minster]
Pit
Little Mac [without shirt]

Earthbound:
Ness [jeff]
Lucas
Masked Man

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS [dark samus]
Ridley [meta ridley]

Starfox: [star fox assualt costumes 4 all]
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Wario:
Wario [classic]

Pikmin:
Pikmin and Olimar [louie]

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe

Yoshi:
Yoshi [boshi]

Sin and Punishment:
Saki [classic]

3rd Party:
Snake [old version]
Sonic [black knight armor]
Megaman [classic]
Bomberman
Ryu [dark ryu]
Simon Belmont [1st appearence]
Travis
Black or White Mage

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Major costume changes like that wouldn't work.
For example, Toon Ganondorf would be extremely bulky, around the width of Bowser, and that would change his playstyle.

Characters like Peach, Lucas, and Captain Falcon are OK with their alternate character costumes, but making Sonic back and red, and making Pikachu a brown/orange colour doesn't make them Shadow or Raichu.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Major costume changes like that wouldn't work.
For example, Toon Ganondorf would be extremely bulky, around the width of Bowser, and that would change his playstyle.

Characters like Peach, Lucas, and Captain Falcon are OK with their alternate character costumes, but making Sonic back and red, and making Pikachu a brown/orange colour doesn't make them Shadow or Raichu.
As long as the major costume change has relative proportions, it should work fine. You're right about something like Toon Ganondorf, if it distorts it...it would look horrible.

Something like Ness to Jeff could work aesthetically and be fine...But Jeff can't use PSI so that would be stupid...

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
most wanted 10 ten chars?

1. Old snake (MGS 4)
2. megaman
3. raiden (MGS 4)
4. paper mario
5. knuckles (sonic)
6. bomberman
7. bowser jr.
8. female pkmn trainer
9. kratos (GoW)
10. revolver ocelot (MGS 3)

toon link cell shaded too

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, if they add Geno they should add an item that turns your opponent to the "Scarecrow" status effect from Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. Makes your character look funny and unable to use special attacks.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've never been a fan of the MAJOR alts...some of your ideas are good (Dr. Mario, Mr. L, Mewtwo with the Hood, Link's Zora armor, old snake) but that's as far as it should go...complete alternate costumes, not just alternate colors, are a good idea. However alternate characters has always just seemed wrong to me. I hate the idea of Marth turning into Roy and Sonic turning into Shadow...and Donkey Kong/Funkey Kong and Diddy/Dixie is just ridiculous.
Would it be as wrong if these alternate characters were given their own voice actors, such as Daisy's actress providing her voice for the Daisy alt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom