• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Uh, guys... that Remake is out already. Even in Europe it's already been released. It's named Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and is FE1 and parts of FE3.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The most logical size we could even attribute to being a max would be 50, a number Sakurai himself mentioned, in a rather negative connotation. The least being 5 more characters than we have now, with some being cut.
No, the number 50 did not carry the negative connotation; the idea of simply adding characters to reach that number and having that be justification for creating a new game is what Sakurai was denouncing. 50 is a logical sounding number to some people, but by no means does that necessarily have to be the roster limit at this point in time.

I think the roster cap should be 6.
Major typo? :bee:

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
okay my new ssb4 list 50
Please coment on it

Mario:
Mario [dr mario]
Luigi [mr. l]
Peach [daisy]
Bowser [skelton bowser]
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario [gold] [not a clone]

Zelda:
Link [zorra armor]
Zelda/Shiek [toon]
Ganondorf [toon] [with sword]
Toon Link [melee version]
Wolf Link and Minda [toon]

Pokemon:
Pickachu [raichu]
PT [female]
Jigglypuff [wigglypuff]
Mewtwo [with hood]
Lucario [shiny form]

Golden Sun:
Isaac [classic]

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon [blood falcon]
Black Shadow [with cape]

Fire-Emblem:
Marth [roy color scheme]
Ike
Black Knight [unmasked]

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong [white fur]
Diddy Kong [white fur]
King K. Rool [one of his henchmen]

Retro:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
R.O.B. [ancient minster]
Pit
Little Mac [without shirt]

Earthbound:
Ness [jeff]
Lucas
Masked Man

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS [dark samus]
Ridley [meta ridley]

Starfox: [star fox assualt costumes 4 all]
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal [uses staff]

Wario:
Wario [classic]

Pikmin:
Pikmin and Olimar [louie]

Tales of Symphnia:
Llyod Irving

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe

Yoshi:
Yoshi [boshi]

3rd Party:
Snake [old version]
Sonic [black knight armor]
Megaman [classic]
Simon Belmont [1st appearence]

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Major typo? :bee:
No, I really think the character cap should be 6. It's 4 in brawl and i think we should boost it up by 2. Making the the cap to 8 would be really dramatic and unless there are a lot of new characters i don't think it will get to 8 so 6 is a good number.

edit: woops, now i see what happened. yeah i haven't been doing that great on writing today. sorry.

justaway12

Smash Master
I don't think Tale of Symphina will come in but i'm not sure,Lucario might not apper in the next game and might be replaced with a 6th gen pokemon and I'm not sure about Roy being a marth coustume but i'm not sure.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
but would charcters like dk and yoshi be part of the mario seris
Yoshi can be considered as Mario character, but Donkey Kong has his own series, which, by the way, is the 4th best selling franchise of Nintendo. Yes, that's right, it's right there behind Mario, Zelda and Pokémon, the big 3.

Also:
How do I shot web and master cheif doesn't afraid of anything.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
We should have 9.

Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Samus, Link, Pikachu, Jiggs, Captain Falcon, and ROB!

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
I don't think Tale of Symphina will come in but i'm not sure,Lucario might not apper in the next game and might be replaced with a 6th gen pokemon and I'm not sure about Roy being a marth coustume but i'm not sure.
if the next smash game was made today, thats what the roster should have been

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nah! Mario, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Samus. We ain't need anymore.
I sense sarcasm here since those guys are VERY important to the Smash Bros. titles; they're one of the original 12 fighters from the first title.

but would charcters like dk and yoshi be part of the mario seris
By my perspective, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, AND Wario are part of the Mario Universe as a whole. They have each played a major role in a non-spin-off Mario game; Super Mario World for Yoshi, Donkey Kong Arcade for DK (his ancestor anyway), and Super Mario Land 2 for Wario. This would also mean that characters such as Raphael Raven, Funky Kong, and Dr. Crygor are part of the Mario Universe too.

However, characters such as Link, Samus, and Kirby are from completely different universes, and are NOT involved with the Mario Universe by any means except for minor cameos.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I sense sarcasm here since those guys are VERY important to the Smash Bros. titles; they're one of the original 12 fighters from the first title.
With that I meant that we don't need anyone else besides those 6. =P

As for your second part...
Technically seen... All Mario-related stuff is part of the DONKEY KONG series, considering how the first game is named, well...? Right! Donkey Kong!

Caedes

Smash Cadet
As long as Toad gets in I have 0 complaints.
Toad is in my dream roster but in reality he'd be a superfluous Mario rep. The most likely new Mario characters are Waluigi and Bowser Jr. If we get any more than that I'd rather have Birdo or Kamek than Toad. Toad is probably more likely than Birdo or Kamek though.

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
most likey
mario-bowser jr or toad
LoZ-wolf link and mida or skull kid
pokemon-metwo
metroid-ridley
dk-king k rool
star fox-krystal

V3N0lVl

Smash Cadet
How can Waluigi and Bowser Jr. be more important? Toad has been around since the beggining! He was in the original Mario Kart, all the original marios.... blah... toad needs to go in.
i would choose bowser jr/shadow mario over toad but toad over bowser jr

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Better:
(Nintendo vs Sega pic)[/QUOTE]Meh, I like Capcom's pool of characters better. Megaman, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Dante, Strider Hiryu, etc.

And I feel Sega would want to add the newer Sonic characters, like Shadow over their older, more unique ones, like Vectorman.

justaway12

Smash Master
Metroids also apparently made a cameo in Kirby's Dreamland 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZY3tQYqg4Q

6:25
OMG The Samus universe is invading TAKE COVER :crazy:.

@Vorguen: Bowser jr. has more relavance I know Toad had his own game and stuff like that but in most games he isn't that important and since we are talking about spin-offs toad has never been in a sports game.

@Mernardi: Tails>Everyone else, he has appered in more games and is a second banana he is like Marios Luigi.

justaway12

Smash Master
Other than Strickers (besides he wasn't even a captian who are the actual playable characters) and i'm aware of Kart games but I don't think of them as sports games I think of them as kart games since they keep coming.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think we have to think about Geno getting in before Bowser Jr. or Toad. He already has 4 (some claim 5) poll votes, and would technically be a Mario rep. Sakurai will probably strive to include him first unless he can't snag the rights from SE.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I don't get why people say Toad isn't deserving because he isn't playable in a lot of the main games. He appears in the majority of them in some shape or form.

The only main game he was playable in was SMB2, and that was the only game Peach was playable in, yet she has a much higher priority. Toad is an important character to the Mario series, far more important than Waluigi or Daisy.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
How can Waluigi and Bowser Jr. be more important? Toad has been around since the beggining! He was in the original Mario Kart, all the original marios.... blah... toad needs to go in.
Bowser Jr. has been the main antagonist in a lot of recent games (New Super Mario Bros., Sunshine come to mind first).

Toad has always been a minor character. The only game I remember him being semi-important in was Super Mario Bros. 2, and that was kind of trippy.

Waluigi I dunno, just seems like he'd get in due to fan demand.

most likey
mario-bowser jr or toad
LoZ-wolf link and mida or skull kid
pokemon-metwo
metroid-ridley
dk-king k rool
star fox-krystal
Are you listing who is most likely or who you want in? I'd kill to have Skull Kid SSB4 but he isn't likely at all. Same for Mewtwo, though he has more of a chance than Skull Kid...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I don't get why people say Toad isn't deserving because he isn't playable in a lot of the main games. He appears in the majority of them in some shape or form.

The only main game he was playable in was SMB2, and that was the only game Peach was playable in, yet she has a much higher priority. Toad is an important character to the Mario series, far more important than Waluigi or Daisy.
Nope. Peach also is playable in Super Princess Peach aside from SMB2.
And if you count Wario's Woods, then Toad was playable in 2 games, too.

I agree that Toad is an important character, but I dunno... I - personally - would feel a bit awkward if we had Toad instead of Bowser Jr.
With Waluigi and Daisy, though, I agree with. Even though especially Waluigi is the personification of the spin-off games, making him kinda important, as well.

Debating aside:
I want Donkey Kong Jr. as alt. costume for DK.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Toad has always been a minor character. The only game I remember him being semi-important in was Super Mario Bros. 2, and that was kind of trippy.

Waluigi I dunno, just seems like he'd get in due to fan demand.
Wait, so you're saying that Toad shouldn't get in because he is a minor character, but Waluigi should get in for being a minor character?:ohwell:

Toad is far more important than Waluigi in terms of the Mario games, with the latter only appearing in side games, i.e. racing, party, sports.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Was Donkey Kong Jr. DK or DK's father?

On that note, was Cranky DK's grandfather or father?

=/

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Was Donkey Kong Jr. DK or DK's father?

On that note, was Cranky DK's grandfather or father?

=/
I dunno. That's kinda speculated.

Nevertheless, I still want him in as alt. costume. He continued on the DK arcade series, and appeared in Super Mario Kart, and 2 Mario Tennis games.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Wait, so you're saying that Toad shouldn't get in because he is a minor character, but Waluigi should get in for being a minor character?:ohwell:

Toad is far more important than Waluigi in terms of the Mario games, with the latter only appearing in side games, i.e. racing, party, sports.
I'm saying Waluigi would get in because a lot of people want Waluigi in. He also had an assist trophy. Toad is a very minor character. And as for an earlier argument, you can't compare Toad to Peach. Peach, while not a major character as far as being playable is concerned, is a major character to the plot. Toad isn't.

Anyway, I'm not saying Toad shouldn't get in, I'm saying he wouldn't. I'd like Toad to be in.

justaway12

Smash Master
I never said Toad was an unimportant character I just think Bowser jr. is more deserving than Toad and besides I don't think sports game count that much but I admit that Toad might have a better chance than Waluigi it's just that I really want Mario Bros vs Wario Bros but whatever.

@Caedus:I think this current DK is DK.jr but i'm not sure I also heard in Snakes codec call taunt in brawl on my wii so i'm pretty sure and i'm positive nintendo won't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom