• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Eh, I'm not really concerned with their frame or any combat training they might have received. They never fight in the games, but someone else does. To me, it would feel like putting the Pokemon Trainer himself in the field of battle, rather than having him order his Pokemon around.
Neither did Falcon in F-Zero, or Fox until Adventures (which was released after Melee). Heck, Mr. Game & Watch never fought either (unless you count the Boxing or Judge Game&Watch games). Heck, ROB is nothing more than a peripheral.

Advance Wars needs more representation and exposure, and a playable character would do heaps for the series.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Chrono Trigger needs more exposure. Seriously, not enough people have experienced the glory of that game. People would play Chrono, say "omg wow this dude is amazing, I wonder what game he's from/what it's like!!@!@!@" and then bam, Chrono Trigger DS is now sold out in every store it's available in, and the people who bought it are for the better now that they've experienced that wonderland of an RPG.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrono Trigger needs more exposure. Seriously, not enough people have experienced the glory of that game. People would play Chrono, say "omg wow this dude is amazing, I wonder what game he's from/what it's like!!@!@!@" and then bam, Chrono Trigger DS is now sold out in every store it's available in, and the people who bought it are for the better now that they've experienced that wonderland of an RPG.
Chrono Trigger does indeed need more exposure. Its the best RPG ever. However, I don't think Crono would be an appropriate guest character seeing as he only had a starring role in only one game. A more appropriate guest character from Square-Enix would be either a Slime from Dragon Quest or a Chocobo from Final Fantasy.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Neither did Falcon in F-Zero, or Fox until Adventures (which was released after Melee). Heck, Mr. Game & Watch never fought either (unless you count the Boxing or Judge Game&Watch games). Heck, ROB is nothing more than a peripheral.

Advance Wars needs more representation and exposure, and a playable character would do heaps for the series.
My point is, someone else does in Advance Wars. When it comes to F-Zero, there's no effective substitute for making a racer into a fighter. For Star Fox, the main characters are the ones fighting, though they do it in vehicles, so it's natural to take them out and turn them into melee fighters.

In Pokemon, the Trainer does nothing directly, while his Pokemon do, so in Brawl, the Pokemon fight. In Advance Wars, the CO merely commands an army, providing them with the occassional boost via CO Power, so it would make more sense for the army to do the fighting in Smash Bros., rather than the CO directly.

I don't oppose an Advance Wars rep at all. I'd love to see one. I just don't want to see it done such that the character feels awkward.

EDIT: And I most definitely support a Chrono Trigger rep. (Of course, it could only be Crono.)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Many people are in support of a playable Advance Wars character, and are downright confused as to why the series has gotten so little representation.

Anyway, I think besides AW, other Intelligent Systems series need more exposure in Smash Bros., such as Paper Mario and Puzzle League.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I skimmed over the last couple pages, and talked it over with some friends. I think a very good idea would be to get the SSB4 team (when it gets formed) to skim this topic for notes. I mean, it holds what MOST smashers want in smash bros. And who knows more about what the fans want than...the fans?

But then again...They probably would never read this hulking mass of white text, noobishness, flames, arguments, and incorrect spelling/capitalization for INFORMATION.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Still want:
Krystal! (the best argument against her you can come up with is 'Teh peoples who want Krystal Just think she's hot!!!!1!!!!!111!!!1!one!!)
Megaman.
Knuckles.
Tails. (He can fight, did anyone play sonic battle?)
Isaac.
Better online.
REAL stage builder. (did anyone play the flash game seppukuties? They gave you a TOTAL stage builder. It sucked, but still, it was REAL)
More Sakurai (but less kirby enthusiasm).

Still Opposed to:
ChronoBound (lulz)
Capt. Brenner.
Anyone from an insanely old game. (no, G&W is awesome!)
Bringing Back Melee Chars.
ESPECIALLY DR. MARIO (loser)

No Longer opposed to:
Custom Characters.

Thats about it...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Still want:
Krystal! (the best argument against her you can come up with is 'Teh peoples who want Krystal Just think she's hot!!!!1!!!!!111!!!1!one!!)
Megaman.
Knuckles.
Tails. (He can fight, did anyone play sonic battle?)
Isaac.
Better online.
REAL stage builder. (did anyone play the flash game seppukuties? They gave you a TOTAL stage builder. It sucked, but still, it was REAL)
More Sakurai (but less kirby enthusiasm).

Still Opposed to:
ChronoBound (lulz)
Capt. Brenner.
Anyone from an insanely old game. (no, G&W is awesome!)
Bringing Back Melee Chars.
ESPECIALLY DR. MARIO (loser)

No Longer opposed to:
Custom Characters.

Thats about it...
No, the best argument against Krystal is that the Smash Bros. series is already saturated enough with playable Star Fox characters, especially for a series with only five games. Also, Krystal has just as many haters as she has fans. There is also no guarantee that she would be an unique character as Spadefox eloquently stated.

Besides, Captain Brenner>You.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Starfox is a deteriorating series. It doesn't need to add another character to a smash game unless they release some kind of super special awesome game where it sky rockets itself to the top.

And only Krystal if somehow she is important to the plot to bring it to the top.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Psh. Krystal is a horrible choice, in my opinion. Why is everyone so excited to see her in it? She'd be another star fox clone (Or really close to it) and there's nothing unique about her, nor does she play a large enough role in star fox to really be put into another game, in my opinion. I'd much rather see someone else such as Animal Crosser or King K rule in it. Megaman would be the best, though, in terms of unique/fun to play.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wait... didn't Brenner died in the middle of the game? Tabitha FTW!!!

Yes....

Advance Wars: Days of Ruins spoilers:
Brenner and his army get a massive bomb dropped on them., and they all died. Brenner is basically the Sigurd of the Famicom Wars series, an awesome hero, who ends up tying half way through his own game.

As for Tabitha, we need pics....

There we go.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BTW, I don't keep links to something that ending up not happening from 2 years ago...

But in the old Geno thread, there probably is something you can find throughout the thousands of pages that mention that Sakurai asked around about a couple of characters that did include Geno and Krystal.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Psh. Krystal is a horrible choice, in my opinion. Why is everyone so excited to see her in it? She'd be another star fox clone (Or really close to it) and there's nothing unique about her, nor does she play a large enough role in star fox to really be put into another game, in my opinion. I'd much rather see someone else such as Animal Crosser or King K rule in it. Megaman would be the best, though, in terms of unique/fun to play.
You also deserve a cookie, though I disagree on Animal Crosser. Also, I agree that K. Rool and Mega Man would make great characters in Smash.

Where do all those Krystal fans lately hail from...? I sure wonder. There must be a nest.
There is a nest. Its called deviantart.

BTW, I don't keep links to something that ending up not happening from 2 years ago...

But in the old Geno thread, there probably is something you can find throughout the thousands of pages that mention that Sakurai asked around about a couple of characters that did include Geno and Krystal.
Link please.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tabitha looks like Miku Hatsune.

Anyway, DeviantArt can't be the nest if the fanbase is filled with furries. You forgot places like Fur Affinity.

justaway12

Smash Master
Where do all those Krystal fans lately hail from...? I sure wonder. There must be a nest.
Well just to so everyone knows i'm not a Krystal fan (never even played her game unless it's star fox assult but I haven't played that for years) and I don't think star fox should get another characeter but I find it stupid that people think Krystal is definatly going to happen there is not hope in hell for her and most of the time it's not that she doesn't deserve to get in it's just the fact that she is a woman fox with lady parts (i'm also not a perv) and I don't think it's impossible for a star fox game to come out afterall there is a long time until SSB4.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
"Idea for a "special bar" I saw earlier would be awesome. That's a step in the right direction for a better metagame. We just can't allow them to be overpowered like Final Smashes."

i can't believe i didn't think of this, this would be awesome!

Maybe when the special bar is full their normal moves get powered up with more hitstun and % for 30 seconds and you can actually have true combo's

And leave Krystal out for god sake, ****. We already have 3 star fox clones, if anything we should be removing sar furries. Krystal has yet to be in a star fox game that didn't suck. NO KRYSTAL.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Tabitha looks like Miku Hatsune.
lamo, she does doesn't she. XD

Though her hair isn't long enough to be worthy of the cyber dress. Of course Kagami if she make her hair blue, and wear the same out fit, she will look like Miku, lol. I'm still wishing for the idea of Miku making a song in the next Smash Bros. :D

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Krystal is a love or hate character, but so is Falco (and Wolf to a lesset extent). Krystal has more moveset potential than those two do anyways. About that post about Spade Fox saying that giving Krystal an original moveset is not necessairy. Giving most of the characters original or luigified movesets instead of making everybody an outright Mario clone is not necessairy as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think it matters how many fans Krystal has, since she isn't that important to the Star Fox series, and since the series itself is deteriorating anyway.

They already have 3 characters for a deteriorating series, that's more than enough.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Krystal is a love or hate character, but so is Falco (and Wolf to a lesset extent). Krystal has more moveset potential than those two do anyways. About that post about Spade Fox saying that giving Krystal an original moveset is not necessairy. Giving most of the characters original or luigified movesets instead of making everybody an outright Mario clone is not necessairy as well.
No they aren't. The only people who don't like Falco and Wolf are the Krystal fans who are pissed that she might not get in due to them. Krystal is extremely polarizing, and most of her fanbase is relegated to a people who adhere to the fur fetish (or simply find her attractive), not so much fans of Star Fox (of which she is pretty disliked by fans of the series that have been following it since the original or 64).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh, I guess there's only one right way to be a Star Fox fan.
No, I am saying that in general (or from what I have seen), Star Fox fans who started the series with the original or 64 have a disdain for Krystal. I never said that Star Fox fans who did not start with the original or 64 are not true fans of the series .

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And leave Krystal out for god sake, ****. We already have 3 star fox clones, if anything we should be removing sar furries. Krystal has yet to be in a star fox game that didn't suck. NO KRYSTAL.
Although I generally agree with you statement against her, I disagree with your statement about clones.
Falco and Fox, with a bit of fantasy, are clones. But Wolf and those two are SO FAWKING DIFFERENT.
The only REAL clones in Brawl are Link and Toon Link, and even those two have their share amount of different moves.

-.-"

But fans that like Krystal are somehow not up to par with the rest of the fans?
Chrono is saying that most (not all. Remember most =/= all. Like 80 is not 100, although being most of it) people who got introduced to the Star Fox series through the SNES or 64 game dislike Krystal because she was introduced as a character in a game that marked the "downfall" of the series - at least in opinion of most (!) of those people who played the prequels. Not to mention Adventures wasn't even supposed to be a Star Fox game to begin with, but eh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom