• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
But think how fun Paper Mario would be. He can use the Crystal Star's and attack, another hammer user that can do diffrent combinations with his hammer, and. Yea, playing him would be intresting if he's in Smash Bros.

§leepy God

Smash Master
But waluigi has a good chance and he is an assist trophy I wouldn't count him out and Fawful would be even an better character especially with RPG 3 coming out but I still don't think he will come out (I wish he would).

Nobody is sure if it would come out on the Wii but I think it would be a good idea on the next console aswell if only I didn't sound like a middle-aged woman on things like this.
Well, Waluigi has a great fan base, so I guess that's how he got AT, kind of the same with Kat & Ana, but we all know that most Brawl character's are important to the Nintendo series, (or main character's of an underrated series or third party). If Fawful somehow servives from Mario & Luigi 3 like he did on Super Star Saga, he might make an apprance in the next Smash Bros, I'm not sure a character though.

Also, I doubt the next Smash Bros will take too many years to make, if they are going to make a new Nintnedo system, it might be around 2011 or maybe 2012.

But think how fun Paper Mario would be. He can use the Crystal Star's and attack, another hammer user that can do diffrent combinations with his hammer, and. Yea, playing him would be intresting if he's in Smash Bros.

That's good Viper, but you forgot about one thing.... WHICH PARTNERS IS HE GOING TO USE!!!

justaway12

Smash Master
Paper mario could get in but just aslong as he knows his place (under mario) I will still love him as much as I already do.

I know it's going to take long to make another game like 5-6 years but who knows? but I think they could use something like wii speak or a microphone or something like that in the next console.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That's good Viper, but you forgot about one thing.... WHICH PARTNERS IS HE GOING TO USE!!!
Alright alright, I'll say the partners should be the Pixls from Super Paper Mario so they don't get hit when you order an attack I guess.

majora_787

Smash Hero
After playing Melee and Brawl, I just don't get a good feeling from putting Paper Mario in a game with Mario...

So many things could go horribly, horribly wrong. Same reason I feel bad about Krystal's possiblities, but Krystal has FAR fewer things that could go wrong.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
After playing Melee and Brawl, I just don't get a good feeling from putting Paper Mario in a game with Mario...

So many things could go horribly, horribly wrong. Same reason I feel bad about Krystal's possiblities, but Krystal has FAR fewer things that could go wrong.
Krystal is already wrong and done wrong.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I swear, Chronobound, your arrogance is really starting to tick me off.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While that is true, there have been times such as saying that Krystal's fanbase is predominately furries (or something to that extent) that just annoy me.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
While that is true, there have been times such as saying that Krystal's fanbase is predominately furries (or something to that extent) that just annoy me.
To be fair, a lot of Star Fox fans say this too. Krystal is actually disliked by the actual Star Fox fanbase, and actually feels that the series has more than enough playable representation with the Smash series, and that it consists of the most ideal characters.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I agree with Krystal's wrongness, though... But yea, that's my opinion too.

And as I already pointed out several times: Krystal did use her staff only in the PROLOGUE of ONE game. The staff NEVER appeared again in the 2 games following.
Krystal - most definitely - would end up with a moveset similar to Zero Suit Samus', due to her physique and the fact both hail from Sci-Fi franchises AND have skintight suits.

That's what I think. I doubt Krystal's staff would get any mention, as she doesn't even have it in any of her trophies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I agree with Krystal's wrongness, though... But yea, that's my opinion too.

And as I already pointed out several times: Krystal did use her staff only in the PROLOGUE of ONE game. The staff NEVER appeared again in the 2 games following.
Krystal - most definitely - would end up with a moveset similar to Zero Suit Samus', due to her physique and the fact both hail from Sci-Fi franchises AND have skintight suits.

That's what I think. I doubt Krystal's staff would get any mention, as she doesn't even have it in any of her trophies.
IB4 there is a sticker of Krystal holding the staff....

Otherwises I agree, I can see Sakurai totally making Krystal a clone of ZSS, only with a pink LANDMASTA. Heck, the voice actress for ZSS was also the voice actress for Krystal in Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I have to say, you two are definitely hell-bent on not wanting Krystal in.

Anyway, Chronobound, here is what actually ticks me off the most about what you post: You're too presumptuous.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Is that true?
I just double-checked:
In Melee, she isn't mentioned at all (was Adventures released back then? I don't remember)
In Brawl, she has one trophy, and that is her Assault form (with the blue skintight outfit)

She has 3 stickers, I think, one of them being the Command, one the Assault and one the Adventures official artwork (!). Those, though, are official artwork, so I doubt they count much, considering how Smash normally uses the most current appearances.

justaway12

Smash Master
Well that's kind of stupid, Marios F.L.U.D.D was only in one game and some of the other characters have moves that never appered in the game that still appered in brawl the staff has a really good chance.

Saying Krystal will have a similar moveset to ZSS is also stupid it's like saying Kirby, Metaknight and Jigglypuff have the same moveset.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well that's kind of stupid, Marios F.L.U.D.D was only in one game and some of the other characters have moves that never appered in the game that still appered in brawl the staff has a really good chance.

Saying Krystal will have a similar moveset to ZSS is also stupid it's like saying Kirby, Metaknight and Jigglypuff have the same moveset.
You never noticed how Kirby and Meta Knight share some moves (Dash Attack, Down Throw... those two come to my mind immediately)?

Besides, Mario Sunshine (just like Luigi's Mansion) is getting attention in pretty much every Mario Spin-Off there is, so it's not surprising that the FLUDD got into Brawl.
Krystal's staff may be an option, but it is most certainly NOT a given.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just double-checked:
In Melee, she isn't mentioned at all (was Adventures released back then? I don't remember)
In Brawl, she has one trophy, and that is her Assault form (with the blue skintight outfit)

She has 3 stickers, I think, one of them being the Command, one the Assault and one the Adventures official artwork (!). Those, though, are official artwork, so I doubt they count much, considering how Smash normally uses the most current appearances.
She wasn't mentioned at all in Melee because Adventures wasn't realeased until a year later. That's something you could have easily looked up before posting.

As for Brawl, you have to remember that she was demanded rather significantly. Of course, that's if the poll's are any indication since she was one of the ones to appear the most on the "poll". I tried to find this, but I remember reading one of the journal translation and Sakurai said he didn't know Krystal existed at the time (which amazes me). If my memory is correct on this, it would explain why she was not put in and Wolf was. The roster was finalized in '05 save for Sonic who was added in '07. Since requests were taken in '06, her demand would be ignored along with everyone else's.

Also, it seems that save for Olimar, Lucario, Ike, and Lucas (to an extent), all the choices for newcomers were based moreso on the Melee requests. Wolf was the third most requested Starfox character and that is probably how he got in.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Well, Sakurai gave Ganondorf the moveset of Captain Falcon simply due to having the same body proportions as Falcon so I wouldn't doubt it. Toon Link also had a lot of equipment that set him apart from the TP incarnation of Link, yet TL was the cloniest of the clones in Brawl.

Also, the reason Mario has FLUDD was because they were basing Mario off of his latest big-game appearance which was Super Mario Sunshine (which also explains why Mario's level is of Delfino Plaza). Expect in Smash 4 for Mario to have a move and stage based off of Mario Galaxy, assuming of course that a new 3-D Mario platformer is not released prior to Smash 4's development.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Krystal doesn't belong. Yiff elsewhere cretins.

Characters-

Chrono
Maxim
Rockman
Zero
Knuckles (he owns Tails so hard)
Bass as a boss. Oh yes.

User-friendly custom skin designers (for those of you who are obsessed with ZSS, losers).

Better Stage Developer (let us do it on the computer or something, just make it better Nintendo hot ****)

Idea for a "special bar" I saw earlier would be awesome. That's a step in the right direction for a better metagame. We just can't allow them to be overpowered like Final Smashes.

Random tripping, though awesome for "party" environments, should have a switch in-game (I don't want to have to mod my next-gen console just to fix an annoying pos feature) to turn it off, or even customize it (only the person who's winning trips? Losing? Trip any time you run? I dunno).

Power shielding stays.

A switch like for random tripping that allows us to mess around with in-game mechanics such as hit-stun, gravity, stage frequency (like messing with the ultimera on New Pork City and how often it spawns).

More items, with more ways to mess with them, such as spawn points, spawn frequency (5, 10, 15 seconds, etc.) and even messing with capsules and making them only explode, or never explode. That would be '****'

Get rid of infinites.

Less favoring of single characters *cough* metabad *cough*

justaway12

Smash Master
You never noticed how Kirby and Meta Knight share some moves (Dash Attack, Down Throw... those two come to my mind immediately)?

Besides, Mario Sunshine (just like Luigi's Mansion) is getting attention in pretty much every Mario Spin-Off there is, so it's not surprising that the FLUDD got into Brawl.
Krystal's staff may be an option, but it is most certainly NOT a given.
Well they share one or two attacks but they are hardly clones they aren't even luigified.

Okay fine I'm willing to give you Sunshine but what about Super Mario bros.2 where they gave peach turnips, if they really need to give Krystal something they will just take it out of her games which incudes her staff.

@Chronobound: If she really has enough moves they'll give it t her and it's not like they'll give her a paralyzer if it's never in her games when they can just give something that can be easily added in this game and I doubt it will be hard for some movesets beside there are plenty of character in the game that have a similar build that aren't clones Luigi (Mario) jigglypuff Meta-knight (Kirby) Snake (Capt.Falcon).

§leepy God

Smash Master
Okay fine I'm willing to give you Sunshine but what about Super Mario bros.2 where they gave peach turnips, if they really need to give Krystal something they will just take it out of her games which incudes her staff.
You know, I haven't thought of that, though they did make three remakes of the game. I'll say the only argument is that Krystal only used her staff in two part's of Star Fox Adventures.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Can you think of a fitting Down Special for Peach except the Turnips, justaway?

Also, Peach is indeed based on SMB2, because that's the only non-spinoff she was playable as before Melee's release. And since Spin-offs don't give much stuff to work with (and she already uses lots of hearts in her Brawl moveset), they had to opt with something fitting to her, yet related to the games. The Float and Turnips from SMB2 are perfectly fine, and so is e.g. Mario's Cape.

As said: the characters CAN draw from prior playable or general appearances, but it is NOT certain they will. Otherwise I'd opt for Perry becoming Peach's Up Special instead of a random umbrella, or for her having the vibe stuff - as those two things would be directly taken from HER game, Super Princess Peach.

It's fact nothing of the things Peach does or uses in Super Princess Peach is used in Brawl (is there even a sticker referencing it? There's definitely no trophy...).

Before you now say "but Peach was already in Melee, they wouldn't change her moveset so much", I'd like you to take a look at Falco, who highly was changed, or Mario, who's Down B was turned into Down Air and instead he got the FLUDD... Or on Toon Link, who had so MANY more things to draw from instead of just being a Link clone, but still ended up being so. And let's not get started on Wario, who has even 2 (!) franchises with tons of games with various abilities and tools he could draw moves from. And he really really doesn't.

I can only repeat: Krystal having her staff is, if she should be included (which I hope will not happen), is an OPTION, and not a NECESSITY. That's all what I want to say.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Or, they don't put krystal in SSB4 =) That would be much much better than bothering with looking at the crappy list of moves she could possibly use :D

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Krystal seems like a pretty decent idea for another Star Fox rep to me since she has a pretty large fan base...but I don't care that much. It'd be nice to have her in but I wouldn't care if she was left out.

Anyway one of my main wants for the next game is to balance the characters more, if it's possible balance them to the point where tiers can't exist. That would be awesome...it's useless having a diverse roster if all you ever see is Meta Knight, Snake, Marth and a Star Fox character.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Or, they don't put krystal in SSB4 =) That would be much much better than bothering with looking at the crappy list of moves she could possibly use :D
I'll have to quote this because it is such a true and great statement, that I can't do anything else. I <3 this guy for it.

justaway12

Smash Master
You know, I haven't thought of that, though they did make three remakes of the game. I'll say the only argument is that Krystal only used her staff in two part's of Star Fox Adventures.
It was still used and it still has a chance (the staff), I mean how many times have you seen Peach take her crown off and hit someone across the head or make her dress go all spinny (DSmash) or when the Ice climbers fight in thier games even if she doesn't have a staff she could have unique move sets it's better to use her staff than just make something up.

@Spadefox: What move could she use in Super Pricess Peach that she could use in brawl? Growing some kind of plant :cry:? To heal herself :laugh:?To make her impossible to touch :mad:?and her Nair is extremly close to her :) vibe

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It was still used and it still has a chance, I mean how many times have you seen Peach take her crown off and hit someone across the head or make her dress go all spinny (DSmash) or when the Ice climbers fight in thier games.
Ahahahaha. You certainly don't understand that like... 80% of the moves the Smash Bros. use are absolutely made up.
Some are references to games those characters appeared in, but most are made up and not taken out of any game.

Or when did you ever see De3 having a mechanical hammer, Captain Falcon out of his car, Samus doing some acrobatic kicks in the air, etc.?

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
This is why I think CO Andy could make a good character. Give him a wrench projectile, then just make up everything else. He's a normal person, it should be easy enough.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Another thing Nintendo could try doing is listening to the community's inputs on how they want the game to turn out, as we ARE the loyal fanbase that has helped the franchise to be the powerhouse it is today... >.>

I've seen so many awesome ideas in this thread that it would be mindboggling for them to ignore us again. Freakin' Nintendo.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is why I think CO Andy could make a good character. Give him a wrench projectile, then just make up everything else. He's a normal person, it should be easy enough.
How about Captain Brenner, AKA Captain Falcon's cousin in the military.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Spadefox: What move could she use in Super Pricess Peach that she could use in brawl? Growing some kind of plant :cry:? To heal herself :laugh:?To make her impossible to touch :mad:?and her Nair is extremly close to her :) vibe
Well, coating herself in fire or tornadoes sure could make interesting moves... I'm not extremely creative today. But what she could do with i.e. use her crying vibe for making puddles on which enemies trip. Just a random thought.
I'm sure I could come up with some ideas if I weren't having an headache and stuffs.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Anyway one of my main wants for the next game is to balance the characters more, if it's possible balance them to the point where tiers can't exist. That would be awesome...it's useless having a diverse roster if all you ever see is Meta Knight, Snake, Marth and a Star Fox character.
It is exceptionally rare for a developer to be able to get much more than five characters consistently in the highest tier of any fighting game with a large and dedicated enough community to generate a tier list. That is to say, rarely are even six characters truly viable in any competitive fighting game. I highly doubt Nintendo would be capable of it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I don't know about the rest of you, but if AW gets a rep, I'd rather not see my CO on the battlefield. I'd rather things stay true to game and you command an army. I wish I could say I was sure how that'd work, but I'm not. Still, I think the CO being in the fray is just. . .wrong.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't know about the rest of you, but if F-Zero gets gets a rep, I'd rather not see my racer on the battlefield. I'd rather things stay true to game and you fight in a car. I wish I could say I was sure how that'd work, but I'm not. Still, I think the racer being in the fray is just. . .wrong.
This argument can also work for Star Fox.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Meh, I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's quite the same concept. There actually ARE people fighting back and forth in Advance Wars, not like F-Zero. And I don't know my Star Fox at all, but haven't they gone on foot multiple times? Besides, at least it's actually Fox, Falco, etc. doing the fighting, so putting them on foot and such doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. But the Advance Wars COs just order armies around. Turning any of them into fighters... Well, let's just say I'm against the idea.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Meh, I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's quite the same concept. There actually ARE people fighting back and forth in Advance Wars, not like F-Zero. And I don't know my Star Fox at all, but haven't they gone on foot multiple times? Besides, at least it's actually Fox, Falco, etc. doing the fighting, so putting them on foot and such doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. But the Advance Wars COs just order armies around. Turning any of them into fighters... Well, let's just say I'm against the idea.
There was an unlockable mode (that was difficult to unlock) in SF64 where you could fight on foot, but all you could use was the tiny laser blasters.

Also, while people like Andy and Jake probably didn't receive any combat training, the COs from Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict more than likely did. Did you just see the artwork I posted of Brenner? That guy is more ripped than most of the characters in Brawl. Also, the main CO of Days of Ruin (Will/Ed) looks like he fell out of the King of Fighters.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
There was an unlockable mode (that was difficult to unlock) in SF64 where you could fight on foot, but all you could use was the tiny laser blasters.

Also, while people like Andy and Jake probably didn't receive any combat training, the COs from Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict more than likely did. Did you just see the artwork I posted of Brenner? That guy is more ripped than most of the characters in Brawl. Also, the main CO of Days of Ruin (Will/Ed) looks like he fell out of the King of Fighters.
Eh, I'm not really concerned with their frame or any combat training they might have received. They never fight in the games, but someone else does. To me, it would feel like putting the Pokemon Trainer himself in the field of battle, rather than having him order his Pokemon around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom