• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
If Capcom could put in 2 characters, then I wouldn't mind Vietiful Joe, because he looks like Proto Man. But if CC is restricted to one character, then that one character better be their Blue Bomber mascot.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
The problem is that Capcom just has SO many great characters. It's got the Mega Man series, the Street Fighter series, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu...

...I want Phoenix in Smash so bad. But his likelihood for a while is terrible. It sucks. D:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
more starfox characters would be good for me,and like wolfs smashball should be like an arwing or something.
Even MORE Star Fox? -.-"

Besides, of course it would make sense for Wolf to pilot an Arwing, considering he never does so in the games he appeared in, but only piloting a Wolfen.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Saki vs. Marth!

Who will win in the ultimate battle of androgyny?!

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
first and foremost:

#1 Have Sakurai STEP DOWN and hand the game over to CAPCOM, or Co-Op with Capcom

Keep the game as beautiful as ever (graphics are amazing compared to other Wii titles) and keep the characters looking detailed and stunning for the achieved mature look (i.e. Peach's dress, Mario's textured overalls, Pit's makeover, etc)

#2 Add Megaman (either Megaman Legends version, Original (MvC version), or SNES X version)

#3 Add more Female characters

#4 Add minor details to gameplay mechanics (counter attack or parry, B throw, spot-dodge-attack (like King of Fighters 94), aerial counter or parry, etc)

#5 FIX TETHER GRABS for Olimar, Zamus, Ivysaur, and other tethering characters...if a character is grabbing the ledge and you try to tether grab, ALLOW the tether to strike the ledge and knock the character off (unless the character has JUST grabbed it and blinks invincibility frames as usual)

#6 no trip

#7 NO SUPER BARS, NO GAUGES, NO METERS -- there should be minor supers, though, that a character can activate once he/she's over 100% only ONCE. This mini super is more like a souped up B moved or something by pressing A+B together (or however else...doesn't matter). Character can flash or pulse red, then activated. The move doesn't instantly kill, but rather inflicts a good chunk of damage, stuns, or heals, whatever.

#8 online ranking system. online should be fixed to run smoothly, and i'm sure it's obvious to nintendo that they should do this.

#9 characters (as mentioned already) should be added, better representation, truer adaptations of the character's movesets from their recent or referred game, and be BALANCED.

#10 ALLOW a decent group of Pro Smashers to TEST the game before going out. Swear them to secrecy, make them sign a legal binding contract to keep secret or else they'd be sued for all their worth and imprisoned or what have you, but please, please, PLEASE let someone who knows what to look for and are ingenious enough to find glitches/broken moves to TEST THE GAME!

#11 and finally, the name should be indicative to the magnitude of this fourth installment. In Japan, Brawl is Super Smash Bros X. It could now be Super Smash Bros Z? It doesn't matter to me, since DX (deluxe) was Melee in English, and X was Brawl.

The next one should have the suffix: Dream Match, or Legends, or Zero, or maybe something to continue the scheme of "types of fighting", i found a thesaurus entry for Brawl and Battle and these came up: battle, clash, combat, conflict, contest, fight, fisticuffs, scrap, scrimmage, scuffle, struggle, tussle; horseplay, roughhousing; altercation, argument, dispute, quarrel, spat, squabble, tiff, wrangle. Take your pic.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros: Fisticuffs!

Super Smash Bros: Altercation!

Super Smash Bros: Argument!

I would die laughing every time the title screen came up.

Osi

Smash Ace
Hitstun, larger stage editor, a few of the big SNES names left out of smash so far, and no tripping is all I'm really looking for if a new one comes to wii.

If it's another long dry spell between smashes then I'd add a different list later with the new Wii heros that come.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
first and foremost:

#1 Have Sakurai STEP DOWN and hand the game over to CAPCOM, or Co-Op with Capcom

Keep the game as beautiful as ever (graphics are amazing compared to other Wii titles) and keep the characters looking detailed and stunning for the achieved mature look (i.e. Peach's dress, Mario's textured overalls, Pit's makeover, etc)

#2 Add Megaman (either Megaman Legends version, Original (MvC version), or SNES X version)

#4 Add minor details to gameplay mechanics (counter attack or parry, B throw, spot-dodge-attack (like King of Fighters 94), aerial counter or parry, etc)

#5 FIX TETHER GRABS for Olimar, Zamus, Ivysaur, and other tethering characters...if a character is grabbing the ledge and you try to tether grab, ALLOW the tether to strike the ledge and knock the character off (unless the character has JUST grabbed it and blinks invincibility frames as usual)

#6 no trip

#7 NO SUPER BARS, NO GAUGES, NO METERS -- there should be minor supers, though, that a character can activate once he/she's over 100% only ONCE. This mini super is more like a souped up B moved or something by pressing A+B together (or however else...doesn't matter). Character can flash or pulse red, then activated. The move doesn't instantly kill, but rather inflicts a good chunk of damage, stuns, or heals, whatever.

#8 online ranking system. online should be fixed to run smoothly, and i'm sure it's obvious to nintendo that they should do this.

#9 characters (as mentioned already) should be added, better representation, truer adaptations of the character's movesets from their recent or referred game, and be BALANCED.

#10 ALLOW a decent group of Pro Smashers to TEST the game before going out. Swear them to secrecy, make them sign a legal binding contract to keep secret or else they'd be sued for all their worth and imprisoned or what have you, but please, please, PLEASE let someone who knows what to look for and are ingenious enough to find glitches/broken moves to TEST THE GAME!

#11 and finally, the name should be indicative to the magnitude of this fourth installment. In Japan, Brawl is Super Smash Bros X. It could now be Super Smash Bros Z? It doesn't matter to me, since DX (deluxe) was Melee in English, and X was Brawl.

The next one should have the suffix: Dream Match, or Legends, or Zero, or maybe something to continue the scheme of "types of fighting", i found a thesaurus entry for Brawl and Battle and these came up: battle, clash, combat, conflict, contest, fight, fisticuffs, scrap, scrimmage, scuffle, struggle, tussle; horseplay, roughhousing; altercation, argument, dispute, quarrel, spat, squabble, tiff, wrangle. Take your pic.
You are my hero. But I don't really like Megaman much. Can anyone possibly convert me?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
first and foremost:

#1 Have Sakurai STEP DOWN and hand the game over to CAPCOM, or Co-Op with Capcom.
No. Sakurai must still direct.

However, I would like Capcom to be involved, if only to bring Mega Man.

Don't worry, they won't stop doing that any time soon.

Any version is fine, though I have a soft spot for the original and his "Hyper Mega Man" mode from Marvel Vs. Capcom.

I agree entirely.

This. However, some of the newcomers could use original moves if their source material doesn't provide enough.

That's fine...except for the suing/imprisonment part, which is a bit much.

Personally, I prefer showdown (which this list doesn't have).

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Um.... What? Why would the development of the game be handed over to Capcom? If Nintendo's not gonna do it themselves, they're gonna hand it over to a non-third-party developer, someone like HAL Labs. As for Sakurai... I'm not even gonna touch that one. You can be pretty sure he's gonna handle the next game.

Not gonna argue with that.

Agreed except for the Legends part. Classic Mega Man all the way! (I'd settle for X, though.)

Eh... I suppose I'm neutral on this one. I'm not pushing for them, but I'd love to see them get in.

Counter attacks are kind of right out, aren't they? Kind of robs Marth, Ike, Lucario, etc. of a Special Move. Spot-dodge attacks could be interesting, though.

I don't think Zamus has as much of a problem as the others, and you want to know why? Because she doesn't enter helpless state after using her tether, which, in my opinion, should be the case for all tethering characters.

#6 no trip
If Captain Falcon can't trip in the next Smash Bros., I'm going to be very disappointed.

So, like... Free mini-Final Smash every time you go over 100%? Meh, not sure I like the sound of that. Doesn't feel very Smash Bros.-y to me, just like meters or gauges.

Rankings, sure, I don't really care. If they'd fix the lag, make it easier to connect people, and allow you to friend request people you play against on With Anyone, I'd be totally satisfied.

Recent or "referred" game? What's a character's referred game? Anyway, whatever, I like most of the movesets how they are, so I'd rather not see them go crazy on them, except for a few. *cough*Ganondorf*cough*

As far as balance... Meh. Don't care. Since it seems to be such a thorn in the side of the competitive community, sure, make a little extra effort to ensure balance. It's all the same to me, personally.

Sheesh, it sounds like you practically worship these people. Here's hoping that's a misinterpretation on my part.

Anyway, I find something about this notion a bit ridiculous. Can't put my finger on exactly what, but it just doesn't seem right.

Pretty sure we're all agreed to continue the "fight" theme, and "Clash" is probably the most common choice around here.

Oh, and... "Legends" or "Zero"? Really, man? Lay off the Mega Man. ;)

justaway12

Smash Master
You are my hero. But I don't really like Megaman much. Can anyone possibly convert me?
Well first of all HE WEARS FREAKIN' SPANDEX (well kind of) just like Capt.falcon and Snake the manliest chars in the game and ZSS wears spandex and they are the three hottest characters in the game he is also like a mix off Samus and ZSS whats not to like?

I don't think Sakurai should step down he DID make a good game and just because some people don't think brawl isn't as good as melee doesn't mean it's a bad game or everyone will just go back to melee but I do think he should work with Capcom.

Since i'm here I might as well say something I want Umbreon and Espeon to be in but I doubt it I only watched season 1 of pokemon but I played Pokemon Collisiom and they looked cool but I don't think they will be in but they will still be cool as pokeballs with an idea I heard in this thread where eevee can evolve into one of his/her random evalution.

EDIT: I would love it if it was called "Super Smash bros. Spat"

Aurion Team

Smash Rookie
i like the traditional smash bros 4 special moves (B) Smashes (4) tilts grabs,mind games and all that stuff
if they add more stuff to SSB they will ruin it.
they only should fix the "wi fi" lag on smash and add more characters.
adding the aerial combos would be awesome (like KoF,Guilty gear etc.)
Viewtifull joe,bomberman,megaman,Zero, they should add Roy again and stop putting pokemons on SSBB there are like 6 pokemons thats just stupid lol.

justaway12

Smash Master
@Dekuboy: *GASP* U DON LIEK SPANDEX YOU NOOB LOLOLOLOL is there a male character in smash that wears spandex that you hate?But what about Samus, you like Samus?He is like a mix off the ZSS and Samus.

@Aurion Team:I think you added too many third party characters and I don't think Zero should get in because there are more deserving characters IMO and I don't think they will stop adding Pokemon they sell the most games in nintendo behind Zelda and Mario.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Actually, Pokemon is the second-best-selling video game franchise, after Mario. The Legend of Zelda is Nintendo's next big one, and doesn't even make the list until #11.

nugget61

Smash Rookie
i REALLY want krystal i dont care if she gets nerfed as hell id still play her! i WOULD find sum way to break her!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is an idea that I wrote a while back:

Snake’s moveset is highly original. Many people would mourn to lose an original moveset (which is among the many reasons why people were upset with Mewtwo being cut). However, fortunately his moveset is also generic. His moveset consists of modern military weapons (with the exception of Cypher, which is an original Metal Gear creation). However, there is a series within Nintendo that consists of modern military technology, which is Advance Wars. Andy can very well be given most of Snake’s moveset , though it would be quite awkward with him considering he’s a kid. Its for this reason that perhaps a character from Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict would be better (most notably Will or Brenner), especially considering that game is considerably dark enough to warrant these characters using these weapons, and it is more likely that the COs in that game had combat training (well at least Brenner most likely did). Still, an Advance Wars character could take most of Snake’s old moveset with the only parts of it being relinquished being his up-b (Cypher), his Final Smash, and possibly his stats (though it would serve to balance him out).

germen noob

Smash Rookie
shadow the hedgehog for sure

REAL online

SUPER LONG adventur emode (30+ hours to complete)

50+ character list

(kill one of those mother kids..one is enough)

for the love of god change ganondorf's move set (super slow falcon needs to go)

KK slider as a playable character

if you keep sonic have a werehog form (zelda sheik type of charatcer)

that guy from PUNCHOUT!!!! (little mac if i'm not msitaken)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wait, which fail do you mean? Skills, character, or over suggested? WHICH ONE!?! T_T
Tellius characters are over-suggested. We only need Ike to represent the arc, and he represents it well (whereas it would be much more difficult to select an adequate representative for oh say the Jugdral arc).

justaway12

Smash Master
@Chronobound: But what about Snake I know he doesn't have a big chance of appering but you can't really count him out although I see what you mean especially since his chances of appering really depends on his next games IF one comes out, I just wish that Advance wars would have an original moveset :(.

Tails>Shadow sorry shadow fans but it's a fact

REAL online

NOOOOOO!!!! unless it gets better I hated adventure mode (so did a lot of people) and I couldn't wait until it would end.

50+ character list

Aslong as it doesn't take too long and lead to delays or get in the way of the actual gameplay.

Some would disagree but I don't care.

YES!!! everyone else agrees but Spadefox said

Ganondorf actually was LUCKY to get in Melee because of his, if I may quote Sakurai "similar build to Captain Falcon". And he's in Brawl because of its severe lack of villains. They lack so many villains that they had to include some random shiny guy with wings.

but whatever.

Ummm I doubt it but it would be fun to have him

NOOO I would hate that but if it happens I guess there is nothing I can do.

I guess, last time he was mentioned everybody else seemed to agree
Comments are in Red to make it look pretty and to make you feel special.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@Chronobound: But what about Snake I know he doesn't have a big chance of appering but you can't really count him out although I see what you mean especially since his chances of appering really depends on his next games IF one comes out, I just wish that Advance wars would have an original moveset :(.
Even if Snake never is the main protagonist of another Metal Gear, he has good chances of returning for Smash 4 based off of his brokeness in Brawl, which leads to popularity among the most vocal propronent of Smash fandom. I was just saying that in the event of him possibly ending up on the cutting block that his moveset could be salvaged.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
i like the traditional smash bros 4 special moves (B) Smashes (4) tilts grabs,mind games and all that stuff
if they add more stuff to SSB they will ruin it.
they only should fix the "wi fi" lag on smash and add more characters.
adding the aerial combos would be awesome (like KoF,Guilty gear etc.)
Viewtifull joe,bomberman,megaman,Zero, they should add Roy again and stop putting pokemons on SSBB there are like 6 pokemons thats just stupid lol.
your only saying that cause you hate pokemon TT_TT pokemon is a high selling game theres like a new game every month
@Dekuboy: *GASP* U DON LIEK SPANDEX YOU NOOB LOLOLOLOL is there a male character in smash that wears spandex that you hate?But what about Samus, you like Samus?He is like a mix off the ZSS and Samus.
@Aurion Team:I think you added too many third party characters and I don't think Zero should get in because there are more deserving characters IMO and I don't think they will stop adding Pokemon they sell the most games in nintendo behind Zelda and Mario.
the pokemon thing is true n_n
Actually, Pokemon is the second-best-selling video game franchise, after Mario. The Legend of Zelda is Nintendo's next big one, and doesn't even make the list until #11.
Never knew that

REAL online

50+ character list

Dude 30+ hours to complete the story mode H*** NO in that amount off time sakuria (sp?) can remove lag for the rest of smash and new chars and and fix gliches

I cant imagine a movest for KK

Mother is one of sakuria (sp?) fav. game

One last thing SSB4 should take some movesets from MYM4 there creative

justaway12

Smash Master
Even if Snake never is the main protagonist of another Metal Gear, he has good chances of returning for Smash 4 based off of his brokeness in Brawl, which leads to popularity among the most vocal propronent of Smash fandom. I was just saying that in the event of him possibly ending up on the cutting block that his moveset could be salvaged.
I just thought he wouldn't come back because in the next smash he might just be some decrepit old man like 100 years old unless there is a twist in one of his games or something like that, he is already really old man but he might be older in the next game....or dead lol.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just thought he wouldn't come back because in the next smash he might just be some decrepit old man like 100 years old unless there is a twist in one of his games or something like that, he is already really old man but he might be older in the next game....or dead lol.
MGS4 spoilers:
Snake only has about a month or two left to live at the end of MGS4.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
I don't see why everyone says this. It is not required that they update characters to how they look in their present video games. If they brought Snake back I assume they would just keep him looking relatively the same as he looks in Brawl, perhaps with an old man alt costume.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I think they should add more ways to brawl. Bring back the special acting mode you could play in melee. I can't remember what it is called but you would get points based on if you never left the ground etc. Also as a tribute to pichu they should have a special mode where every time you miss with an attack you hurt yourself. Like if you are just spamming a move and you miss you get the same damage someone would get if you got hit.

justaway12

Smash Master
I don't see why everyone says this. It is not required that they update characters to how they look in their present video games. If they brought Snake back I assume they would just keep him looking relatively the same as he looks in Brawl, perhaps with an old man alt costume.
But they do update characters Link was updated from OoT (I think) to TP and I've never seen a smasher that wasn't updated and even if there was sombody that wasn't updated in this game I still think they would update it or MSG fans will get upset and everybody who knows about old man snake will get upset too or atleast curious.

@Mythic02: What a loving way to honour the memory of Pichu I belive we should all take a moment of silence to honour his/her memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom