• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Isn't Tingle only massively unpopular in America?
I know Rosy Rupeeland came out in the UK, because I was going to get it.

This doesn't limit his chances of getting in, as he is popular in Japan which is where SSB is made. Anyway, a lot of 'unpopular'/ obscure characters have gotten in, such as Ice Climbers, R.O.B, G&W, and Marth, who was relatively obscure to most people outside of Japan who hadn't imported Fire Emblem, but they all got in.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Toad needs to be in. He's part of the Big 8 an is an awesome character.

The only problem is to find some moves for him. There's nothing really unique to him actually.
And personally, SSB4 needs more special mechanics.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hmm, I haven't done this in a while, I'll post some of the characters I want, and got in in Melee and Brawl, and some of the character's I want in the next Smash Bros:

My Melee's top five most wanted characters:

Lip
King Dedede
Wario

Mewtwo
Bowser

As you see, two of the character's I wanted got in. Wario and King Dedede's case I have no idea, maybe the game was rushed. I already know Lip's case, japanese only character and Fire Embelm rep Nintendo more than Panel De Pon. Now for my Brawl most wanted list:

My Brawl's top five most wanted characters:

Lip
King Dedede
Ike
Wario

Ashley

Yes, I'm more satfied with the Brawl rouster than the one on Melee, though there is still no Lip, I guess Sonic was a bonus because I kind of wanted to see him in Brawl. Now let's move on my Brawl's most wanted return character that was in Melee:

My Brawl's most wanted return character:

Mewtwo
Bowser
Ganondorf

Dr. Mario
Falco

Yea, I wanted Dr. Mario back, sue me. =P

I was a little sad that Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl, but oh well, maybe next time. Now for my most wanted character's that hasn't been in Brawl, but want them on the next Smash Bros:

My top five character's to be on the next Smash Bros:

Lip
Micaiah
Ashley
Mega Man
Kat & Ana

OMG, too many magic girls on my most wanted list. Well to me, magic character's is somting that needs to be more in Smash Bros, and of course me being a big fan of Panel De Pon, Lip will always be my most wanted even when she's not on any rouster, but that won't stop me from buying the game. Well, I'll say out of my rouster, maybe three out of those five character's have a good chance of being in the next Smash Bros. The reason why I put two Wario characters? Well, Wario looks lonely, but most of the reason is because I'm a Wario fan and do want to see some Warioware character's in the next Smash Bros, I'll say Kat & Ana has the highest chance of being in the Next Smash Bros when it comes to character from a Wario game because they have tons of move that can be thought of and they have a good character. Agree or disagree, that's my thought's and no one can change it.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@Akiak
Toad's moves wouldn't be that hard to make
B:apple stack: he stacks up to 3 apples depending on how long you hold it.
^B spore jet: He shoots spores down and he is propelled up. Like diddy's move but you con't charge it
B>:dried shroom: like mario's fireball but it gets 4 bounces.
BV: counter: like peaches current b but you can hold it

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Lip
Micaiah
Ashley
Mega Man
Kat & Ana
[/COLOR][/B]

The only one that has a realistic chance of becoming playable is Mega Man. Lip also has somewhat of a chance due to being retro. The other three are minor characters or will be old news by the time Smash 4 is announced.

justaway12

Smash Master
Great list Viper
I actually wanted Dr.Mario back aswell the more Mario reps the better.

Lip has a chance to get in, I've never heard of her but she seems popular.
:urg: Micaiah she has a very good chance of getting in IMO (but I still hate her :mad:) well unless there is a new FE game.
A Wario SHOULD come in the next game they are lots of awesome characters and I hope Kat&Ana do get in and ashley is good aswell.
Megamen would obviously get in.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking that I'd like it if there were just even more little character specific tricks in the next game.

For example someone could have a taunt that appears as if they're charging a smash attack. Or super armour, ir bombjumps, moonwalking or something.

I think it would put an even bigger emphasis on knowing all characters thoroughly and I just generally think these sort of tricks are cool.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Great list Viper
I actually wanted Dr.Mario back aswell the more Mario reps the better.

Lip has a chance to get in, I've never heard of her but she seems popular.
:urg: Micaiah she has a very good chance of getting in IMO (but I still hate her :mad:) well unless there is a new FE game.
A Wario SHOULD come in the next game they are lots of awesome characters and I hope Kat&Ana do get in and ashley is good aswell.
Megamen would obviously get in.
Micaiah is far less popular than Ike. Also, here main source popularity stems from being a female lord from a recent Fire Emblem, not actual merits of the character or game itself. There are much better females within the Fire Emblem series than Micaiah. And no, Lyn and Eirika are not those "much better females".

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I doubt there's much of a chance of Wolf Link/Midna from being playable at all. As it is, they seem to be a one-game thing. If their was a sequel to TP, maybe, but as it is let's have important, recurring characters in (Tingle and Vaati come to mind) to rep LOZ first.

...admittedly, Tingle isn't very important, but at least he's unique and popular everywhere besides in whiny, LOLZ ZELDA IZ SYRUS BIZZNESS America. :p

justaway12

Smash Master
Micaiah is far less popular than Ike. Also, here main source popularity stems from being a female lord from a recent Fire Emblem, not actual merits of the character or game itself. There are much better females within the Fire Emblem series than Micaiah. And no, Lyn and Eirika are not those "much better females".
You're right about me basing my opinion on her because she was in the most recent game and I do think there are better females in the game but also because she was the main character in a game released out of Japan so I think she would be more recognisable to others and other than Lyn (who already appered in brawl as an assist trophy and is already known) I don't think there is a more recogniseable female in the game but I'm not sure im not like i'm a fan of FE .

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Golden Sun reps for sure. Def Isaac like everyone wants, but I'd like Mia or Even a Saturos and Minardi combo, kind of like a Zelda/Sheik. The final smash could be the Fusion Dragon, which would be awesome. They could make the GS characters similar to an Olimar style, where they have their djynn follow them around and can use them in smash moves, or have them be able to combine for stronger moves, just like in the game.

Kranky Kong too, he could beat people with his cane. I would say K. Kool too, but I think he'd end up being a sort of Bowser clone.

Lovely

Smash Lord
How about Sheeda?
A lot of people said that she's Marth's girl frined for some reason, I don't know why, I need to play more Fire Embelm. I guess she can fight without her Pegasus. ♥

Also, yay Isaac for next SB. :D ♥

§leepy God

Smash Master
My top five character's to be on the next Smash Bros:

Lip
Micaiah
Ashley
Mega Man
Kat & Ana

Micaiah on the list is win sauce. They need to make a new Fire Embelm game that every Fire Emblem Lord is in the same demention and have to fight in a lot of weird maps, well that's my dream. XD

But my non-lord most wanted is Mia or Soren, maybe I like too many Tellius characters.

9KiLL

Smash Rookie
they HAVE to improve online play.

i want to be to fight people across the globe without ANY lag. they should implement a 'rooms' feature, where anyone would be able to just join your room, and any number of people can spectate your matches; they can also see how you setup the rules ingame before you join.

they should add in the tournament mode online.

there should also be some kind of ranking system and stats, like how many 1v1 matches you won, 2v2, FFA, kills, deaths, total damage dealt/taken, favorite char, etc.

a different adventure mode story line for EVERY CHAR! that would be awsome.

more customization to the stage builder, and be able to play it with others online.

different break the targets for each char.

BOARD THE PLATFORMS! RACE TO THE FINISH!

more customization for special brawl.

minigames.

Characters i think they need to add: Isaac (golden sun), Vanessa Schneider (pn03), megaman, zero, bomberman, regulus, phantom ganon, wolf link, Aganhim (link to the past), Leon Kennedy and Ada Wong (RE4), ken, ryu, waluigi, daisy, kalaas (baiten kaitos), many many more

Galahad

Smash Rookie
i think that they need to include more characters from fire emblem, final fantasy, and maybe anime.. i personally think it would be beyond awesome to play as somebody like sagara sosuke from fmp aginst luneth or eliwood. the other thing they really need to do is get castmembers fro the supporting cast of the liscences hey already have. basically just a huge caste

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
OMG, too many magic girls on my most wanted list. Well to me, magic character's is somting that needs to be more in Smash Bros, and of course me being a big fan of Panel De Pon, Lip will always be my most wanted even when she's not on any rouster, but that won't stop me from buying the game.

I think Brawl could do with a male magic user, like a male counterpart of Zelda.
I'm not sure what character could fill that role though.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Micaiah on the list is win sauce. They need to make a new Fire Embelm game that every Fire Emblem Lord is in the same demention and have to fight in a lot of weird maps, well that's my dream. XD

But my non-lord most wanted is Mia or Soren, maybe I like too many Tellius characters.
Tellius.... more like Failus. Seriously, most of the nonlords that are suggested come from Tellius, and most of those Tellius nonlords fail.

justaway12

Smash Master
they HAVE to improve online play.

i want to be to fight people across the globe without ANY lag. they should implement a 'rooms' feature, where anyone would be able to just join your room, and any number of people can spectate your matches; they can also see how you setup the rules ingame before you join.

That would be a good idea

they should add in the tournament mode online.

well since they have something like that for Mario kart I don't see why not.

there should also be some kind of ranking system and stats, like how many 1v1 matches you won, 2v2, FFA, kills, deaths, total damage dealt/taken, favorite char, etc.

You mean only for online right?because they already have that.

a different adventure mode story line for EVERY CHAR! that would be awsome.

That would take up to much time and won't improve the regular gameplay

more customization to the stage builder, and be able to play it with others online.

That would be good

different break the targets for each char.

BOARD THE PLATFORMS! RACE TO THE FINISH!

more customization for special brawl.

minigames.

Characters i think they need to add: Isaac (golden sun), Vanessa Schneider (pn03), megaman, zero, bomberman, regulus, phantom ganon, wolf link, Aganhim (link to the past), Leon Kennedy and Ada Wong (RE4), ken, ryu, waluigi, daisy, kalaas (baiten kaitos), many many more

I don't think they should add to many characters because that would get in the way of the gameplay
The omment are in pimk and a different font to (hopefully) make it look pretty and (hopefully) make you feel special.

The chars in pink are character I think will be in the next game and Waluigi is in red because I think he has a chance but i'm not sure I think bowwser jr. has a better chance.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Only lords will ever become playable.

Also, if we are going for a non lord female.....

I think that's a very big assumption to make. Nothing has ever been said that only Fire Lords can be playable. The same can also be said for no series will exceed four characters and one third party per company.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think that's a very big assumption to make. Nothing has ever been said that only Fire Lords can be playable. The same can also be said for no series will exceed four characters and one third party per company.
Which non-lord is important or popular enough to become playable? The lord are nearly always the most popular characters within their respective games. Also, it is very likely that we will see Pokemon get a fifth slot in Smash 4, as well as likely with Mario.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace

Excuse me!? Haar and Stefan FTW :chuckle:

Soren and Mia are too good in the game though.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Lyon, the necromancer and main antagonist of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones should TOTALLY be playable. Everyone will hate him, because he's apparently absolutely disliked by everyone who likes the FE series muchly. He's like the Tingle of Fire Emblem.

That'd be SO grand. :bee:

By the way, Sakurai's favourite Fire Emblem character (at least by the release of Melee) is (respectively was should something have changed) Nabarl.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I think Brawl could do with a male magic user, like a male counterpart of Zelda.
I'm not sure what character could fill that role though.
If only there was, like, an evil warlock or something from the series....

Nah, nothing to see here. Just falcon clones.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If only there was, like, an evil warlock or something from the series....

Nah, nothing to see here. Just falcon clones.
Ganondorf actually was LUCKY to get in Melee because of his, if I may quote Sakurai "similar build to Captain Falcon". And he's in Brawl because of its severe lack of villains. They lack so many villains that they had to include some random shiny guy with wings.

GraNdmAsTeR-bAdasS

Smash Rookie
NEED
MORE
CHARACTERS!!!!
1: the mech unit from advance wars.
2: mega man
3:regirock/ice/steel (you could combine them together and do like what wario does with his clothing)
4: the original selection of characters from street fighter2
5:king k.rool from donkeyKong country
6:Dr mario
7:mewtwo
8:pAPER mario
9: some type of game physics switch where you can play as the ssb original cast but they handle the same way as the original ssb (and look the same too)
10: moar sonic cast
11: anything else anybody can think of.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Ganondorf actually was LUCKY to get in Melee because of his, if I may quote Sakurai "similar build to Captain Falcon". And he's in Brawl because of its severe lack of villains. They lack so many villains that they had to include some random shiny guy with wings.
Hey Ridley is not random or shiny...

Oh, wait, Tabuu:laugh:

But that brings up a good point. Why the heck was the main villian some generic character who was pretty much a rip-off of Marx and not an actual Nintendo baddy? I would much rather have seen something like Giygas or 02 than Tabuu.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Lyon, the necromancer and main antagonist of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones should TOTALLY be playable. Everyone will hate him, because he's apparently absolutely disliked by everyone who likes the FE series muchly. He's like the Tingle of Fire Emblem.

That'd be SO grand. :bee:

By the way, Sakurai's favourite Fire Emblem character (at least by the release of Melee) is (respectively was should something have changed) Nabarl.
Yes, which is why he is only one of three characters from FE3 that was a sticker in Brawl.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
NEED
MORE
CHARACTERS!!!!
OH
4: the original selection of characters from street fighter2
GOD
10: moar sonic cast
NO
The series doesn't need loads of new characters.
5 to 10 more newcomers would be fine for me.

The whole cast of a Capcom game from the 90's is not necessary, nor is it a good idea.

NO..... MOAR..... SONIC..... CAST!

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Also, i REALLY really hope they improve basic brawl.like for example maybe u put tournaments rules so the matchfinder looks for people who have the same exact rules put to ther basic brawl matchfinder,and teams should be like that too,this idea would be great if they made online not lag at all

justaway12

Smash Master
Hey Ridley is not random or shiny...

Oh, wait, Tabuu:laugh:

But that brings up a good point. Why the heck was the main villian some generic character who was pretty much a rip-off of Marx and not an actual Nintendo baddy? I would much rather have seen something like Giygas or 02 than Tabuu.

I think that was a good idea not to have an actual, if you get a villian from one seris and make them be the strongest villians ever I think it would imply that one show was better/stronger than the others and I can't think of good enough final bosses that are from Mario (because we all know Mario is the best seris).

The whole cast of a Capcom game from the 90's is not necessary, nor is it a good idea.

NO..... MOAR..... SONIC..... CAST! (other than tails)
FIXED!!!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I think that was a good idea not to have an actual, if you get a villian from one seris and make them be the strongest villians ever I think it would imply that one show was better/stronger than the others and I can't think of good enough final bosses that are from Mario (because we all know Mario is the best seris).
Eh, Sakurai is biased enough towards Kirby, he may as well have made a Kirby final boss.:laugh:

BIGM1994

Smash Champion

NO..... MOAR..... SONIC..... CAST!
more starfox characters would be good for me,and like wolfs smashball should be like an arwing or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom