• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But they do update characters Link was updated from OoT (I think) to TP and I've never seen a smasher that wasn't updated and even if there was sombody that wasn't updated in this game I still think they would update it or MSG fans will get upset and everybody who knows about old man snake will get upset too or atleast curious.

@Mythic02: What a loving way to honour the memory of Pichu I belive we should all take a moment of silence to honour his/her memory.
They didn't update Snake to how he looked at the time Brawl came out, why would they update him now?

justaway12

Smash Master
They didn't update Snake to how he looked at the time Brawl came out, why would they update him now?
I suppose you have a point but the resemblece isn't that different but they still look alike although in the new game I just think he looks to different to stay the same (if you know what I mean).

@Choas11011:Aren't some of them a little TOO creavtive?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Because MGS4 wasn't released yet, and maybe his model was made before Sakurai's team wasn't aware of old Snake in MGS4 when they were programming Snake's model into Brawl. Remember, Snake was among the first five newcomers that were made for Brawl.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I have always been under the impression that it would be good to have every character based off their latest major appearence...even if it's a minor reference. Like Mario's FLUDD. Or Samus's Dark Suit.

But I mean both visually, and at least one attack.

People always tell me this is a horrible idea, but I never get an answer to "Why?". What do you guys think?

Caedes

Smash Cadet
They wouldn't update Snake to an old man because it is inconvenient. I doubt they are that obsessive.

majora_787

Smash Hero
They wouldn't update Snake to an old man because it is inconvenient. I doubt they are that obsessive.
How is it inconvenient? I mean a graphic change to make him older like a newer appearence wouldn't mean they have to give him one kidney, a cane, and a collapsed lung.

justaway12

Smash Master
I have always been under the impression that it would be good to have every character based off their latest major appearence...even if it's a minor reference. Like Mario's FLUDD. Or Samus's Dark Suit.

But I mean both visually, and at least one attack.

People always tell me this is a horrible idea, but I never get an answer to "Why?". What do you guys think?
I don't think it's a horrible idea I think it just depends on the game I mean people won't want to see a move that's completly lame when they can have move from the characters older games that is better, You won't like to see luigis vaccuum in the game (luigis mansion) would you? or peach constantly PMsing (Super Princess Peach)? well that's what I think at least.

Cadues:It's not inconvinent I mean if they already put him in MGS4 as an old man why won't they in this game?

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Well everyone seems to be making the point that as an old man he would be too weak to attack or something. The entire thing just seems like an issue that isn't worth dealing with, and I think they would most likely just ignore it and keep Snake normal. Hell, by the time SSB4 is released there might be a new Metal Gear game Snake is dead in. Are they going to cut him out just because he's dead? I seriously doubt they care that much. They'll keep in the characters that they want kept in, and they'll use the look that most people like, regardless of the gaming storylines.

troopa pride

Smash Rookie
Bah, it's video games. Why would he be too weak if he can survive Super Microwave Torture chambers?
I, for one, actually want a texture hack to have old snake in brawl.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
I dunno, I don't play MGS. I was just responding to that because I've heard a lot of people say things like "he'll be a decrepit old man".

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I dunno, I don't play MGS. I was just responding to that because I've heard a lot of people say things like "he'll be a decrepit old man".
Snake wasn't decrepit in MGS4 despite being old.

Secondly, I think Snake hardly deserves to be in, and his placement was nothing more than a favor by Sakurai.

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
It was more begging than any favor :)

I wanna see what half-baked sceme Sakurai has for the next game. Maybe 3d instead of the 2d movement we all love?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I mean, we all knew that. You seemed to be implying that he got into Smash "the wrong way".
No, I just say outside of Sakurai's friendship with Kojima, there is no reason for Snake to be in Brawl. Now that Sakurai has placed Snake in, I think his spot should be given to a more worthy third-party character that has had more history with Nintendo. I wrote a massive piece on how Snake could be replaced in the three main tenets of his existence in Smash (his moveset, codecs, and Konami representation).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No, I just say outside of Sakurai's friendship with Kojima, there is no reason for Snake to be in Brawl. Now that Sakurai has placed Snake in, I think his spot should be given to a more worthy third-party character that has had more history with Nintendo. I wrote a massive piece on how Snake could be replaced in the three main tenets of his existence in Smash (his moveset, codecs, and Konami representation).
And who would he be replaced with?

lol tl;dr

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It'd be rather inconvenient to split up the character just because Snake isn't "deserving" enough, in my opinion. Who would take up the mantle(s)?
For moveset, it would be an Advance Wars character.

For codecs, it would be Paper Mario.

For Konami representation, it would be Simon Belmont.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Tellius characters are over-suggested. We only need Ike to represent the arc, and he represents it well (whereas it would be much more difficult to select an adequate representative for oh say the Jugdral arc).
I see your point now. There are just about no other Fire Emblem game's highly mention except for a little bit of the on for the first US GBA, PoR and RD. But you can't help that most of the Fire Emblem series are not outside Japan... yet and the fact they go to a new era in almost every Fire Emblem game.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
I hate Lucas. I want Lucas removed in favor of Paula.

Of course that will never happen because everyone on the planet disagrees with me. Just sayin'.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I hate Lucas. I want Lucas removed in favor of Paula.

Of course that will never happen because everyone on the planet disagrees with me. Just sayin'.
maybe not EVERYONE, but i do lol. anyway it doesn't matter to me anyways, i HATED the earthbound games, just waaay too boring for me.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
If Lucas gets removed he'll most likely be replaced by either Kumatora or Poo.
Why would Lucas ever get replaced by Kumatora? She's from Mother 3 where Lucas is the main character. Main character > Everybody else. Also, replacing the main character of a (non-spinoff) game with a secondary character (Poo, Paula, etc) is a big no. Mother doesn't have three characters with very similar movesets yet unlike Star Fox, so there's no need for replacement. Since Mother 4 is unlikely, I doubt that a new Mother protaganist would replace Lucas.

justaway12

Smash Master
My most wanted are:

1 Toad
2 Megaman
3 Eggman

Toad could have spores and a kart. Maybe a hammer for Neutrals like in Mario Party
Toad could get in but Bowser jr. and Waluigi have a much better chance I don't think it's his moves they could give him spores, Bombs (Wispy woods) etc. It's just that Bowser jr. & Waluigi have a better chance.

Megaman WILL get in.

I think tails will get in over anyone else if another sonic character is added.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I wouldn't say Waluigi has a better chance, though he has a good character, he hasn't shown up in any important Mario game's, (meaning his Platformers or his RPG's). But seeing how random the Smash Bros rouster can be, the next Mario character might even be Fawful, (only one can hope). XD

i hope they allow the use of the wii speak system that would be nice
How you know that the next Smash Bros will be on the Wii. :p

But I'll agree to this, though I would rether have headset's, but oh well.

justaway12

Smash Master
I wouldn't say Waluigi has a better chance, though he has a good character, he hasn't shown up in any important Mario game's, (meaning his Platformers or his RPG's). But seeing how random the Smash Bros rouster can be, the next Mario character might even be Fawful, (only one can hope). XD

How you know that the next Smash Bros will be on the Wii. :p

But I'll agree to this, though I would rether have headset's, but oh well.

But waluigi has a good chance and he is an assist trophy I wouldn't count him out and Fawful would be even an better character especially with RPG 3 coming out but I still don't think he will come out (I wish he would).

Nobody is sure if it would come out on the Wii but I think it would be a good idea on the next console aswell if only I didn't sound like a middle-aged woman on things like this.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Probably your biggest bets for another Mario character are Bowser Jr. (likely), Paper Mario (somewhat likely), or the Baby Mario Bros. (not so likely). Just about everyone else is right out, with little exceptions for characters like Toad, who may jump in and throw us off completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom