• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
Some Idears for new gameplay mechanics:

A Super-Bar instant of Smash-Balls.
Attaking the shild of an enemey and get hit by the same attacke over and over fills the bar. 1/3 gives you a break free move (the shild bubble gets really big, really fast), that push your enemy away and blocks his shild for some time. 2/3 gives you an Ultra Smash that attacks one or more enemies. A full bar transforms you into a Warioman oder Giga Bowser like super form with more power and speed for a short time.

An air-run that cost the second jump.
This would kill camping und make the game offensiver. While your air-running, you can use every aerial-attack. If you touch the ground, while you have still some speed from the air-run, you slide and can use every ground-attake.
A combo would be: shorthope -> air-run -> aerial -> slide -> attack. Characters like Luigi would be sliding longer, then other characters.

Counter-Grab
Doesn't works if you are shilding or attacking. Would stop Infinities. If you counter-grab, you automatic use your backthrow, wihtout taking any damage.

Grab the foot of an character on the edge
If some hanging on the edge, the other can hang on its foot. While he is hanging on his foot, he can simple jump (he get his second jump and up+B back) or climb back to the stage over the other charakter. The character on the edge can only let the edge go, but both will fall down. if a therd character tries to hold the foot on the second character, all three fall down, becauce the guy on the edge cant hold them all. Only DK and Bowser can hold 3 characters.

Choose Item and Item Spawn Point
Every Player can choose 3 Items, they spawn in match afters some time on an spawn point, where the player can get it for him.

Partner Throw
At a Team Brawl Partners can throw each other in a direction or switch places. The Partner, who get thrown, can use his aerials directly. Parterns can also be thrown in midair. The move is really fast. Charakter with good throws, can throw faster and wider.
Team Combo = Shorthop -> Airrun -> Slide-> Partner Attacks Enemey and sent him up -> Partner Throw Up -> Attack enemy in the air and set him up -> Partner Jumps -> Partner Throw up -> Partner Attacks enemy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wouldn't you know? Isn't he part of your group thing?
I was asking you a question.

Well anyway, as I said in the previous post, I think that the next Smash should have a bigger focus on unrepresented Nintendo series than the previous two Smash installments did. The only active Nintendo series that Melee added was Fire Emblem, and the only active Nintendo series that Brawl added were Wario and Pikmin.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I was asking you a question.

Well anyway, as I said in the previous post, I think that the next Smash should have a bigger focus on unrepresented Nintendo series than the previous two Smash installments did. The only active Nintendo series that Melee added was Fire Emblem, and the only active Nintendo series that Brawl added were Wario and Pikmin.
Sorry, didn't see a question mark.

I just want cool and interesting and unique characters. I wouldn't worry about perfectly representing Nintendo as a whole...not many people do.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sorry, didn't see a question mark.

I just want cool and interesting and unique characters. I wouldn't worry about perfectly representing Nintendo as a whole...not many people do.
Actually a lot more than you think do.

If all Smash consisted of was minor Mario characters and unimportant Star Fox characters, then no one would take an interest in it.

There are hardly any characters left from the veteran series left that are important and popular enough to warrant becoming playable. People are now resorting to asking for obscure characters from veteran series. Ridley and K. Rool (and maybe Black Shadow, and Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario) are all that's left in regards to all-stars not currently playable within the Smash series. The mentality of massive support threads warranting a character's inclusion into Smash needs to die.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace

Attaking the shild of an enemey and get hit by the same attacke over and over fills the bar. 1/3 gives you a break free move (the shild bubble gets really big, really fast), that push your enemy away and blocks his shild for some time. 2/3 gives you an Ultra Smash that attacks one or more enemies. A full bar transforms you into a Warioman oder Giga Bowser like super form with more power and speed for a short time.
Yeah, I've always disliked this type of idea. Mostly 'cause of the fact that its just downright unoriginal in comparison to how the Smash Balls work now. Power bars don't belong in Smash, if you ask me. Well, unless some character uses them as a gimmick or something.

An air-run that cost the second jump.
This would kill camping und make the game offensiver. While your air-running, you can use every aerial-attack. If you touch the ground, while you have still some speed from the air-run, you slide and can use every ground-attake.
A combo would be: shorthope -> air-run -> aerial -> slide -> attack. Characters like Luigi would be sliding longer, then other characters.
Interesting. The only problem I can see is that it might be easy to activate accidentally... you'd just tap forward in the air, right? It might be annoying to accidentally do it while trying to do a midair attack. Otherwise, I think its a really good idea, and a great way of sort of replacing the wavedash with a normal mechanic.

Counter-Grab
Doesn't works if you are shilding or attacking. Would stop Infinities. If you counter-grab, you automatic use your backthrow, wihtout taking any damage.
Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. I like the idea of a counterthrow, and I really like your idea of it being an auto-back throw, too.

Grab the foot of an character on the edge
If some hanging on the edge, the other can hang on its foot. While he is hanging on his foot, he can simple jump (he get his second jump and up+B back) or climb back to the stage over the other charakter. The character on the edge can only let the edge go, but both will fall down. if a therd character tries to hold the foot on the second character, all three fall down, becauce the guy on the edge cant hold them all. Only DK and Bowser can hold 3 characters.
It would no doubt be an interesting mechanic, but seems to negate the point of edgehogging. It would completely change how you edgehog, I'd imagine. Would Tethers work with it? If so, I think it'd be a bit broken.

Choose Item and Item Spawn Point
Every Player can choose 3 Items, they spawn in match afters some time on an spawn point, where the player can get it for him.
Kind of strikes me as a weird idea, but why not?

Partner Throw
At a Team Brawl Partners can throw each other in a direction or switch places. The Partner, who get thrown, can use his aerials directly. Parterns can also be thrown in midair. The move is really fast. Charakter with good throws, can throw faster and wider.
Team Combo = Shorthop -> Airrun -> Slide-> Partner Attacks Enemey and sent him up -> Partner Throw Up -> Attack enemy in the air and set him up -> Partner Jumps -> Partner Throw up -> Partner Attacks enemy.
This is genius too. It wouldn't require any extra work, really, like having Team Final Smashes would, and would add a very interesting aspect to Team Brawls.

Great ideas, I say. ^-^

kid x

Smash Apprentice
Well then...lots of controversy has been going on. Anyways...

Since we're talking about active Nintendo series and minor series, how about Viewtiful Joe as an AT?

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Actually a lot more than you think do.

If all Smash consisted of was minor Mario characters and unimportant Star Fox characters, then no one would take an interest in it.

There are hardly any characters left from the veteran series left that are important and popular enough to warrant becoming playable. People are now resorting to asking for obscure characters from veteran series. Ridley and K. Rool (and maybe Black Shadow, and Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario) are all that's left in regards to all-stars not currently playable within the Smash series. The mentality of massive support threads warranting a character's inclusion into Smash needs to die.
This is another reason why there is almost a bigger influx of 3rd party character requests than 1st and 2nd party requests. MegaMan (X), Geno, Knuckles, Shadow, Dr. Eggman, Grey Fox, Cloud, Sora, Soul Calibar chars., and many more are being desired. Most major Nintendo characters are already represented. A few that are to be mentioned are: the big two--Ridley and K. Rool, the decent duo--Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, and little major characters that are important but not huge--Dixie, Waluigi, Daisy *ugh*, Toad *ugh*, etc. They've got a decent role/attendance in their series, but they're just not major enough of a character. Dixie is shadowed by K. Rool, Waluigi isn't big enough and hasn't taken on a big enough role yet, Daisy is seen as a Peach color alt. (thank God!!!), Toad is...w/e, and so on.

It seems new series, less major series, need to be introduced. Little Mac would be nice; a different playstyle for sure (my money's on him for being broken, though), Lip, Issac, Ray 01, and others.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Well then...lots of controversy has been going on. Anyways...

Since we're talking about active Nintendo series and minor series, how about Viewtiful Joe as an AT?

Yeah, I'd completely agree, but he's Capcom. 'Cause of that, maybe.

As I've stated before, Capcom just has WAY TOO MANY great characters that would fit well in Smash. There's the obligatory Mega Man, Ryu (Ok, he wouldn't fit great, but he'd be undeniably interesting), Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright...

kid x

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'd completely agree, but he's Capcom. 'Cause of that, maybe.

As I've stated before, Capcom just has WAY TOO MANY great characters that would fit well in Smash. There's the obligatory Mega Man, Ryu (Ok, he wouldn't fit great, but he'd be undeniably interesting), Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright...
Hmm, hasn't all of Viewtiful Joe's games been on Nintendo systems though?

Caedes

Smash Cadet

I'm completely against this unless you're able to turn it off...when I play matches for fun I leave final smashes in, but when we play for competition we turn them off, and if you can't turn them off that would ruin the game.

Edit: Also, Soul Calibur characters would be completely out of place, and Sora is lame.

kid x

Smash Apprentice
No, they weren't. 1 and 2 were both on the PS2 as well, and he had a game on the PSP.

Even if he didn't, though, he'd still be owned by Capcom and therefor third party.
Oh, well he'd still be a cool AT. Maybe slow down time and beat up people or speed it up (he could speed it up...right?).

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Oh, well he'd still be a cool AT. Maybe slow down time and beat up people or speed it up (he could speed it up...right?).
I agree wholeheartedly. He seems like he'd be the best Capcom AT (much to my Ace Attorney-loving dismay).

And I'm pretty sure he could speed it up. Then again, I've actually never played the games, so... :laugh:

kid x

Smash Apprentice
I agree wholeheartedly. He seems like he'd be the best Capcom AT (much to my Ace Attorney-loving dismay).

And I'm pretty sure he could speed it up. Then again, I've actually never played the games, so... :laugh:
Lol, I've only rented the first one, but I like it, even though the enemies were pretty similar.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Given the current trend of Third Party ATs, VJ would probably not make it in. For one, MM would probably be Capcom's representative, and we'd get a MM AT, and for second, if VJ was represented, then Joe would be playable, and there would be no need for him to be an AT at all. Plus, the ability to slow down time has already been taken by an AT (and an item) and using his fast forward ability would be pretty weird if it sped up the opponents. If it sped up the player, that also wouldn't make much sense, given the nature of the power, and if it just sped up Joe, he'd be the standard "run up and attack" type AT, only faster than normal.

Anyways, a random thing I'd really like in SSB4 would be a way to assign a specific song in My Music to the R button. Remember in Melee when you held down R button when you selected a stage to get its alt music? Well it'd be something like that but you could assign it for each stage, so while you could keep the standard My Music random factor if you want, you could hold down the button, and always get the one song you want. :p

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Given the current trend of Third Party ATs, VJ would probably not make it in. For one, MM would probably be Capcom's representative, and we'd get a MM AT, and for second, if VJ was represented, then Joe would be playable, and there would be no need for him to be an AT at all. Plus, the ability to slow down time has already been taken by an AT (and an item) and using his fast forward ability would be pretty weird if it sped up the opponents. If it sped up the player, that also wouldn't make much sense, given the nature of the power, and if it just sped up Joe, he'd be the standard "run up and attack" type AT, only faster than normal.

Anyways, a random thing I'd really like in SSB4 would be a way to assign a specific song in My Music to the R button. Remember in Melee when you held down R button when you selected a stage to get its alt music? Well it'd be something like that but you could assign it for each stage, so while you could keep the standard My Music random factor if you want, you could hold down the button, and always get the one song you want. :p
The current trend sucks and causes less franchise representation so there. :p Admittedly, you're probably right seeing as Konami didn't have, like Simon as an AT.

As for the song thing, I approve. A lot. It is SO ANNOYING when you want to play a stage with a certain song and it's either turn off all the other songs (annoying an it loses what you had) or play until you get it, which isn't fun because of the random factor. *.*

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Team Final Smashes could be an admittedly interesting new concept.... or just team attacks.

Mario and Luigi do them all the time in the "Mario and Luigi" games, so why not here?

Now, on a team with three people things might get crazy...

But maybe just combining Final Smashes into one...

Imagine... Mario, Pikachu, and Link

Trap the foe in a Triforce by Link, who slashes furiously as Mario burns the victim and Pikachu drops a thunderbolt.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Random Late Night Question:

Who'd crap their pants if the full newcomer list for SSB4 included (but was not limited to) these guys/gals?:

Tails
Dr. Eggman
Mega Man
Roll
Ryu
Chun-Li
Viewtiful Joe
Simon Belmont
Dracula
Crono

SirKibble

Smash Champion

Who'd crap their pants if the full newcomer list for SSB4 included (but was not limited to) these guys/gals?:

Mega Man
Crono
Good list. Me like. :bee:

As for the rest of the list... Tails is meh. Granted, he's the likely next Sonic rep if we get another, but I like Knuckles and Shadow better. And Eggman is also meh.

Roll... I know she was in Capcom vs. Whatever, but Proto Man, Bass, or Zero would be much more suited to Smashing, if you ask me.

I dun want no Street Fighter in mah Smash Bros., so that settles that.

Viewtiful Joe, I would like, I suppose. I'm pretty neutral on him.

Simon Belmont, I could handle, but I'd rather see Hudson get a rep (Bomberman FTW) before Konami gets another. And naturally, Dracula follows Simon.

Opinions opinions.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Good list. Me like. :bee:

As for the rest of the list... Tails is meh. Granted, he's the likely next Sonic rep if we get another, but I like Knuckles and Shadow better. And Eggman is also meh.

Roll... I know she was in Capcom vs. Whatever, but Proto Man, Bass, or Zero would be much more suited to Smashing, if you ask me.

I dun want no Street Fighter in mah Smash Bros., so that settles that.

Viewtiful Joe, I would like, I suppose. I'm pretty neutral on him.

Simon Belmont, I could handle, but I'd rather see Hudson get a rep (Bomberman FTW) before Konami gets another. And naturally, Dracula follows Simon.

Opinions opinions.
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what the rest of the anthropomorphic Sonic cast has to offer, but at the very least, their iconic statuses will probably carry at least one through. Give 'em a few years, and a good moveset'll develop. Eggman I just included because he's the main villain, and by the time 4 rolls around, he might be appropriate.

I barely know anything about Mega Man either (surprise!), so I just thought Roll would be a fun first addition to the Mega Man franchise in Smash (she's that robot girl that everyone wants that isn't Samus).

Street Fighter is unlikely, but I just thought that a few iconic fighting game characters would be suitable for an iconic fighting game. :bee: Ryu is self-explanatory, and if another Street Fighter franchise rep was wanted, it'd probably be the original fighting game chick.

Viewtiful Joe is just a really cool character that I thought would fit in Smash really well. I hope we see more of him in the future; I played a bit of the games and they're pretty fun.

Simon would probably be the first representative of the Castlevania franchise (note that I'm really focusing more on the individual franchises than the companies themselves here), and if it was to get a second character, it'd probably be Dracula himself.

So yeah, opinions opinions indeed; these are just a few characters that I thought would really spice up the Smash roster. :)

Takkachi

Smash Rookie
This may ruffle some feathers, but here we go. While ideally I want them to just add and expand, I am also including some of the cuts I think would be fair from an economic standpoint.

Make a few cuts from the roster. Toon link/a young link character, sheik, lucario, and falco should all get nixed. I know, I know, I love some of the characters here, particularly falco, but I don't feel like they are adding much to the game as stand-alone characters.

Deletions -

Toon link/ young link-style characters are unnecessary in my opinion since there isn't a good example so far from this generation. Focus on fixing link, making him more of a hybrid play-wise.

Sheik is done. I loved the nod to Ocarina of Time, but I feel like she can be cut if it comes to that.

Lucario needs to go. He has not really been adopted as a'ohmygod' pokemon by the American audience and as far as I know probably isn't too big in Japan, but I think somebody here will make me eat my words. Mewtwo was far more popular as a character, and should probably be brought back - however, Lucario could be included if a certain set of other changes mentioned later on are made.

I love Falco. I enjoy the character and prefer the air. However, I think he has a good chance of disappearing regardless of what any of us want, and I will begrudgingly accept that.

Additions -
Character expansion without moveset switches - I think 35 - 40 unique moveset characters is probably the max this series should have. Beyond this number and I feel like we run the risk of a larger degree of unbalance. To make up for that, I would love it if they switched the way costumes worked to represent a switch in model. For instance, Lucario (if he is not removed), Mewtwo, and Alakazham could all have the same movesets, speed, and dimensions, as well as the same slot - they would just be different models or costumes. Many characters could be nodded too without having to worry about balancing. Pokemon trainer, Space Animals, Mario/Luigi, Marth, Sonic, and Lucario would all be great candidates for this, and I'm sure they could work in more model shifts elsewhere.

Megaman should be in. He has a move-set that writes itself. I feel like they could incorporate his weapon-changing ability via taunting, which could give him a very unique play-style.

Two more Sonic reps should be in. I'm leaning Tails and a major baddy (Robotnic in a walky-machine would be neat), with Amy and (gulp) Knuckles as costume changes for Sonic.

Snake should have an 'old' skin added.

Mario and Luigi should be combined. I know this would be unpopular, but I think it is a move that I could begrudgingly accept. Added to this set should be "Classic" 8-bit and 16-bit models, styled after Mario Land and Super Mario Land 3.

Include a new baddy from the Mario games. I am actually leaning toward a minor character such as Boo. A permanently floating hitbox would be unique, and plus, one of the model changes could potentially be Majora from Majora's mask.

Pikachu should have a Pichu costume, and his party hat from Melee and 64 back.

Midna riding a Wolf Link should add to the Zelda cast.

Pkmn Trainer should have several costume-changes for his pokemon, from each generation. I cannot think of one where the basic set-up would not work. In my mind, this would also be one of the few necessary changes based on character - the elemental properties of attacks would change in relation to which are pikmin immune.

Pull from a classic gameboy/advance series. I would go with Golden Sun, but there are quite a few good options.

Pull a representative (with model switching) from Battletoads.

Bring us Animal Crosser. Add in Tom Nook, Kappa, and -maybe- the characters from the Animal Crossing save on our Wiis.

Add in another representative from DK and Kirby series. I am not familiar enough to pick, but the game needs more female characters so I feel like they should be women.

Expand the classic stage selection to include several 64 stages. Tighten the Melee - stage belt. Switch out several stages for others (my vote personally is for Pokefloats).

Alterations

Revamp Subspace-style overarching storyline so going through them is not such a chore at times. I found it very slow-paced and boring.

Alter the Masterpiece collection. Instead of having a firm time limit, make us buy credits with our coin winnings from the campaigns.

Automatically start set to four stock. Please. Very few people actually enjoy time mode.

DLC. Lets go ahead and start moving in that direction, the game could always use more characters and if it will get the game out faster, lets go ahead and get this. Patching would be nice as well.

Fix online. Set up ethernet players with each other, wireless with other wireless, and auto-set to stock mode. Also , use magic to make it run faster.

De-randomize classic mode. Metal mario was fun.

Include micro-adventures in classic mode where we play through levels styled after classic games. Megaman, Mario, Sonic, and Metal Gear could have little bonus missions. It could be fun. It could be awful. I'd like to see something like this either way.

Generally speed up the gameplay, particularly the aerial game - or give us more control over game physics from within the game itself. Let the tournaments have the settings they want.

I have no idea what to say about stages. I feel like each game has had its good and bad stages, and I'm okay with whatever Nintendo produces in that field.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Tails
Dr. Eggman
Mega Man
Roll
Ryu
Chun-Li
Viewtiful Joe
Simon Belmont
Dracula
Crono
I would. ^_^

Viewtiful Joe is just a really cool character that I thought would fit in Smash really well. I hope we see more of him in the future; I played a bit of the games and they're pretty fun.
The problem with that is, though, that Clover, the developers of the series, have been closed down. So we probably won't see Viewtiful Joe (or Ookami 2 or God Hand 2, for that matter) anymore.

Oh God, this post is so wrong that I don't know what it is...

Cutting Luigi and replacing him with a... BOO? Uh huh. I'm sure that'll happen. I already know how we can excuse that move: Boo has scared Luigi away and took his spot! OMG! So witty!

Lucario is the most popular of the current generation. Which is what he represents. Pichu was representing the second generation which was the current one when Melee was released - and, according to Sakurai, a joke character as well, being bad on purpose. Mewtwo was cut for placing in Sonic.

So you want to cut the major protagonist of the Toon Zelda-subseries, but add yet ANOTHER character from Twilight Princess? We have Link, Zelda, AND Ganondorf being all in their TP models. Also, Sheik is a major character, although she only lingers as a spirit from OoT. She is Zelda's Sheikah alter ego, and I doubt she never will reappear again given the fact that Sakurai used Sheik's TWILIGHT PRINCESS (you heard me right) model. She was supposed to be in TP, but for whatever reason wasn't.

Mario being 8-Bit or 16-Bit? I want to see how he pulls off all of those 3D-moves with flowing animations, then...

Falco (and Wolf) will not be cut. I guarantee that to you.

So you want to cut several characters from Nintendo's most major series (Mario and Zelda), but add 2 more Sega characters? Oh dear...

Kirby has already depleted all 3 possible character choices outside of generic enemies and insanely minor characters (Adeleine or Gooey), and DK has only Dixie as a possible choice for a female representation. Tiny and Candy just would make no sense. Besides, K.Rool is far more overshadowing the DK series.

I have no Animal Crossing game and I honestly don't want my Smash savestate to be related to the games I do possess. It would be, in my opinion, unfair to me if I had to buy another game I'm not interested in just to get another character.

As for your PT idea... how do you think that should work? All starter Pokemon have absolutely different physiques and appearances/abilities. That just doesn't make any sense.

And classic mode is by all means not random... It was in 64 and Melee except for Metal Mario, Fighting Polygons/Wireframes and Master Hand.
But Brawl's is absolutely NOT random.
First is the Zelda stage. Always. No exception. I forgot the next stuff since I haven't played Classic in ages, but it definitely is not random.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Tails
Dr. Eggman
Mega Man
Roll
Ryu
Chun-Li
Viewtiful Joe
Simon Belmont
Dracula
Crono
The only ones from that list that would be acceptable would be Mega Man, Ryu, Simon Belmont, and Crono. Everyone else is a side-character or a villlain of their respective franchises, besides Joe, whom is very likely never to have another game ever again. Most Smash fans have said they rather would have most of the roster be for Nintendo series not yet represented within Smash Bros. rather than a whole bunch of third-party characters.

This is the kind of stupidity that I am working to fight.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Tails
Dr. Eggman
Mega Man
Roll
Ryu
Chun-Li
Viewtiful Joe
Simon Belmont
Dracula
Crono
Aside from Dracula and Chrono, I'd be pretty happy. I don't see why some people are against Ryu and Chun-Li though. No one thought it was weird when they were included in the VS. Capcom series.

As for Dracula and Crono, I wouldn't care if they were or weren't included.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is another reason why there is almost a bigger influx of 3rd party character requests than 1st and 2nd party requests. MegaMan (X), Geno, Knuckles, Shadow, Dr. Eggman, Grey Fox, Cloud, Sora, Soul Calibar chars., and many more are being desired. Most major Nintendo characters are already represented. A few that are to be mentioned are: the big two--Ridley and K. Rool, the decent duo--Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario, and little major characters that are important but not huge--Dixie, Waluigi, Daisy *ugh*, Toad *ugh*, etc. They've got a decent role/attendance in their series, but they're just not major enough of a character. Dixie is shadowed by K. Rool, Waluigi isn't big enough and hasn't taken on a big enough role yet, Daisy is seen as a Peach color alt. (thank God!!!), Toad is...w/e, and so on.

It seems new series, less major series, need to be introduced. Little Mac would be nice; a different playstyle for sure (my money's on him for being broken, though), Lip, Issac, Ray 01, and others.
Ding ding ding we have a winner. The reason why third-party characters are being suggested en masse, is quite simply due to how much Brawl drained the pool of worthy and important Nintendo characters, especially for veteran series. There is probably only seven characters from veteran series left in that are popular and important enough as of the present that would make decent character additions.

Fortunately, Nintendo still has a lot of other series that have yet to be given a playable character in Smash Bros, which include, but are not limited to, Punch-Out, Custom Robo, Advance Wars, Puzzle League, Golden Sun, Stafy, Sin & Punishment. Right there you have seven newcomers, and do more to represent a new aspect of Nintendo than generic space furry #3457.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And let's not forget the younger and less popular series like Magical Vacation/Starsign, Marination Gear, or Hotel Dusk. =D
And of course the oldschool games...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
And let's not forget the younger and less popular series like Magical Vacation/Starsign, Marination Gear, or Hotel Dusk. =D
And of course the oldschool games...
Marionation Gear and Hotel Dusk are not series, they are simply standalone games.

However, you are right about the retro characters. There are a lot of retro characters who would be interesting to see implemented into Smash. Perhaps retro characters could be the focus of Smash 5?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Really? I thought Marination Gear already has 2 games. Maybe I'm confusing something... o.O

Anyway, those are standalone games, yes, but perhaps will get another one.

And yes, Retro... Mach Rider, Excitebike, Famicom Detective Club, Clu Clu Land, Wrecking Crew, Nazo no Murasamejō, Balloon Fight, Shin Onigashima... So many series and games... :x

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Really? I thought Marination Gear already has 2 games. Maybe I'm confusing something... o.O

Anyway, those are standalone games, yes, but perhaps will get another one.

And yes, Retro... Mach Rider, Excitebike, Famicom Detective Club, Clu Clu Land, Wrecking Crew, Nazo no Murasamejō, Balloon Fight, Shin Onigashima... So many series and games... :x
Personally I don't think someone from Famicom Detective Club would work, much like Animal Crossing, there is no fighting going on (same goes with Hotel Dusk). Its just as ridiculous as those fanboys who suggest Phoenix Wright. Also, the protagonist for Wrecking Crew was Mario.

However, you are right in that there are many retro characters that could work within Smash: Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, StarTropics, Nazo no Murasame, Joy Mecha Fight, Shin Onigashima, Clu Clu Land, all have a main protagonist that is fit for fighting.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While Famicom Detective Club and Animal Crossing have little to no history of in-game fighting, you can't deny that a character from either/both series would be perfect as a WTF? character.

After all, if a NES trojan horse accessory can be playable, why not them?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
While Famicom Detective Club and Animal Crossing have little to no history of in-game fighting, you can't deny that a character from either/both series would be perfect as a WTF? character.

After all, if a NES trojan horse accessory can be playable, why not them?
There are better WTF characters out there that have a lot of history related to Nintendo. Trust me.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion

Tails
Dr. Eggman
Mega Man
Roll
Ryu
Chun-Li
Viewtiful Joe
Simon Belmont
Dracula
Crono
Interesting, but i doubt that there'd be that many 3rd party characters. Dracula vs. Ganondorf would be a sick match me thinks... (A de-cloned Ganondorf naturally...)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I still believe that the Ouendan cheer squad would make great WTF/ modern franchise characters.
I'd suggest the EBA, but Smash is made in Japan, so they'd put in characters from Nintendo in their Japanese design, not their American one.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Are you serious? That's downright WTF?, but this is ridiculous What can it do? Rewrite my games for a little under five dollars?
Its much better than Animal Crosser at least. If you understood Nintendo history you would know the significance of the Famicom Disk System to Nintendo. It was the console in which Zelda, Metroid, Nazo no Murasame, Kid Icarus, Castlevania and Shinonigashima were launched on. Games also did not stop being produced for the system until 2003 (though the last new game that was made for the console was back in 1992, which was Clu Clu Land D).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom