• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
MEWTWO JOINS THE BRAWL

1337TH POST​
Nice try, but it's not good enough...y'know? Oh well, back to the "wished-for-but-will-never-get-moves-list." Oh yeah, and Dark Samus for SSB4 too! Size isn't an issue there. BTW, I want BOTH Ridley and DS: how could two villians hurt? Heck, even add another besides them: that Sylux guy looks pretty cool. The more the merrier. BUT: I miss my Mewtwo...

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Nice try, but it's not good enough...y'know? Oh well, back to the "wished-for-but-will-never-get-moves-list." Oh yeah, and Dark Samus for SSB4 too! Size isn't an issue there. BTW, I want BOTH Ridley and DS: how could two villians hurt? Heck, even add another besides them: that Sylux guy looks pretty cool. The more the merrier. BUT: I miss my Mewtwo...
you sound like there is NO chance of mewtwo of getting in. if u ask me , he has a better shot over king k rule

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
you sound like there is NO chance of mewtwo of getting in. if u ask me , he has a better shot over king k rule
Oh, my bad. I meant the "Wished for moves list" for Brawl. Mewtwo will return, what with so many people complianing directly to Nintendo now. they listened to 20 people and put Pit in (Not true I know...:laugh:). SSB4 Mewtwo had better be high teir at least. Come on, he's the 2nd strongest Pokemon of all time! why is he weaker than Pikachu?!?!?!?!?!? Mewtwo's chances are the highest out of all the Melee cut characters, and I want him! How about "Brawl 1.5" with no tripping and Mewtwo? I'd buy that, or trade Brawl 1 for it...

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Oh, my bad. I meant the "Wished for moves list" for Brawl. Mewtwo will return, what with so many people complianing directly to Nintendo now. they listened to 20 people and put Pit in (Not true I know...:laugh:). SSB4 Mewtwo had better be high teir at least. Come on, he's the 2nd strongest Pokemon of all time! why is he weaker than Pikachu?!?!?!?!?!? Mewtwo's chances are the highest out of all the Melee cut characters, and I want him! How about "Brawl 1.5" with no tripping and Mewtwo? I'd buy that, or trade Brawl 1 for it...
ooooooooooooo sorry for the miss under standing:chuckle:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Random thought...Mewtwo hovers instead of walking... would it be immune to random tripping?

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
You mean, you want the game to be like Halo 3? You know, the making more than one copy just to add stuff to the other copy.... that one. -_-;
I'm deeply offended that you are comparing my idea with anything to do with Halo. lol

Maybe they could do a Soul Calibur 4 with both and they both have an exclusive character who becomes downloadable at a later stage? PS if my idea did come true who here would buy both copies?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
They dis Halo because there are lots of better FPS games.

I don't think I'd buy a physical copy of an add on unless it was cheap. I'd sooner download add on content.

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
Good news for you all. I've decided to make the fourth installment in my Smash Brothers series you all are so fond of. Your logic makes little sense, though. . .

K. Rool? Ridley? Mewtwo?

Seriously?

THIS is the perfect roster that WILL be implemented!

1: Kirby
2: Meta Knight
3: King Dedede
4: Waddle Dee
5: Parasol Waddle Dee
6: Gordo
7: Whispy Woods
8: Knuckle Joe
9: Buzzy
10: Poppy Bros Jr.
11: Poppy Bros Sr.
12: Sir Kibble
13: Gooey
14: Rick
15: Blade Knight
16: Ball Kirby
17: Sword Kirby
18: Bonkers
19: Hammer Kirby
20: Marx
21: Jet Kirby
22: Jigglypuff
23: Wing Kirby
24: Bubble Kirby
25: Animal Kirby
26: UFO Kirby
27: Fire Kirby
28: Bomb Kirby
29: Cupid Kirby
30: Mario (Guest character)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Super Smash Kirby Super Star Brawl?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Wouldn't Jigglypuff be a guest character? XD

Also, Super Star Smash Sakurai (SSSS)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Good news for you all. I've decided to make the fourth installment in my Smash Brothers series you all are so fond of. Your logic makes little sense, though. . .

K. Rool? Ridley? Mewtwo?

Seriously?

Needs more Wheelie

Roihu

Smash Ace

K. Rool? Ridley? Mewtwo?

Seriously?

I would actually pay for that.
I'd love that, tbqh.
Actually...

1) Kirby
2) King Dedede
3) Meta Knight
4) Dark Matter
5) Nightmare
6) Waddle Dee
7) Parasol Waddle Dee
8) Gooey
9) Ribbon
10) Rick
11) Coo
12) Kine
13) Nago
14) Pitch
15) Chuchu
16) Chef Kawasaki

I. Am. Awesome.
You. Just. Ruined it.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!

K. Rool? Ridley? Mewtwo?

Seriously?

God d@MN, somebody close this thread. This @$$ Just killed one of the best and longest running threads by trying to be funny. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Agi

Smash Lord
God d@MN, somebody close this thread. This @$$ Just killed one of the best and longest running threads by trying to be funny. Hope you're proud of yourself.
Stop being so negative. Laugh a little and move on. Sheesh, brawlers are so uptight these days. :ohwell:

-=Blaze=-

Smash Rookie
I'll try to make this get back on track..
In my humble opinion for SSB4 there should be:

- NO TRIPPING

- THE RETURN OF BOARD THE PLATFORMS, hell yeah

- Megaman

- Fan service (not the one in anime you twisted minded fools, for example: The not so big characters can make cameos through the story to help you out or just for comical means [e.g Samurai Goroh's in melee's introduction but more than that] )

- More bosses, yes that's right i want to see clacketa, wart, armydillo, 02, Andross etc...

- Improve wi fi

- more characters, insert your wanted character here (obviusly something possible and that means no darth vader, naruto, or G.I Joe [which by the way would be awesome to have G.I Joe but no..] and no clones)

- More items; Because sometimes i just love to create chaos with my friends =)

- A kickass Storyline with levels taken from everyone's characters games with enemies mixed and stuff.

- Falcon punch

- every character needs his own BTT stage like melee and n64

- more stage builder liberty

And that's all the things I can think about for now, if anything else shows up i'll post it =)

n88

Smash Lord
After brawl i really hope they dont make another game.
How..How could you???!!!:(

I would like them to go back to the old All-Star format, with the increasing number of opponents, with all the G&W's at the end.

chansen

Smash Lord
After brawl i really hope they dont make another game.
QFFT

IMO, this post just won the thread.

The only possible excuse to make another game would be:
Trash brawl. put brawl+new characters in melee engine. No toon link. Give Dedede a huge wavedash. Call it Super Smash Brothers: Sorry we ****ed up brawl.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Hmm... wow I dunno.

The roster for SSB4 depends on what new games come out by then.

These applies especially to the Pokemon and Legend of Zelda series.

A new series rep would be nice (Olimar was kinda cool to add).

gantrain05

Smash Master
QFFT

IMO, this post just won the thread.

The only possible excuse to make another game would be:
Trash brawl. put brawl+new characters in melee engine. No toon link. Give Dedede a huge wavedash. Call it Super Smash Brothers: Sorry we ****ed up brawl.
wow, a little biased much? just fyi toon link > Link and Dedede is gay, so your opinion sucks....in my opinion.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The Meeting Sakurai thread irked me with this criteria that Sakurai has:

Bonus: My recollection of Sakurai had 4 criteria that all characters must observe in order to be considered for being added:

1. The character's inclusion must make people want to play the game.

This is infinitely harder than you and I think, because we are so jaded by our own perspective. I would insist that Viewtiful Joe would be the best character ever, but I'm not sure people would really want the game more. Neither of us would have ever thought of ROB, and yet "ROBOT" was the CROWD FAVORITE by FAR in the GDC matches the CAs had. Everyone loved him! We as gamers are way too biased to make this decision easily.

2. The character must be unique.

The character must have identifying features and abilities that would make them different from existing characters, so that they add something to the game.

3. The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.

The character obviously has to be able to fit into the framework of how smash works, obviously Pac-Man and L Block would not work. (My examples, not his.)

4. They must contribute to the game balance.

Everyone has to fit together. Every new character must counter some characters and be countered by others, and they must fit in one giant contiguous mesh.
I can understand number 1, but all the others are either pure hypocrisy on Sakurai's half or confusing.

2 just bugs the hell out of me considering that we still have clones and he believes Toon Link and Link HAVE TO BE similar which is ridiculous.

Does 3 mean they must have a moveset that can work in Smash? If so, then why was Captain Falcon, Fox, and Zelda included?

4 is just pure BS. Look at Meta Knight.

Does anyone have the same opinion?

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Well these are the things that I want.

1). What new franchises will be represented?
Probably none we have enough would say Golden Sun but they should be place in the Misc. Series.

2). What expansions of existing franchises will occur?
Don't know.

3). Which one to three characters should be cut?
Toon Link, Lucas, Jigglypuff

4). Which character deserves to be de-cloned the most?
Ganondorf (Just give him the sword already you idiots!)

5). What new features should be added?
Platform Test should return and a Shop.

6). Who're YOUR top three most wanted character choices?
King K. Rool, Ridley, and Black Shadow

7). Who would you rather have be the director?
Anyone who will put in Ridley.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The Meeting Sakurai thread irked me with this criteria that Sakurai has:

I can understand number 1, but all the others are either pure hypocrisy on Sakurai's half or confusing.

2 just bugs the hell out of me considering that we still have clones and he believes Toon Link and Link HAVE TO BE similar which is ridiculous.

Does 3 mean they must have a moveset that can work in Smash? If so, then why was Captain Falcon, Fox, and Zelda included?

4 is just pure BS. Look at Meta Knight.

Does anyone have the same opinion?
No, in fact, you misinterpreted almost all of them. Of course, I'll cover that another time.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I think that the only characters who should be taken out are Toon Link, Lucas, and Jigglypuff. Their worthless characters and should not return.

The Characters I want in is King K. Rool, Ridley, and Black Shadow. Don't care for what other characters will be in. As long as those three are in. I won't mind who else will be in.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
I think that the only characters who should be taken out are Toon Link, Lucas, and Jigglypuff. Their worthless characters and should not return.

The Characters I want in is King K. Rool, Ridley, and Black Shadow. Don't care for what other characters will be in. As long as those three are in. I won't mind who else will be in.
noooooooo keep toon link in its the same thing as young link, but better i think.king k rule i can care less. ridly i dont care. black shadow yes. bowers jr yes. and for the love of god GIVE YOISH SOME LOVE

D

Deleted member

Hell no. Toon Link is a good representative of Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker, until a newly-styled version of Young Link is shown (which very well could happen; SSB4 is TBA). Lucas is the only new Mother character... so only Ness? That would suck *** and be totally nonsensical. Jigglypuff sucked in Brawl but is one of the original twelve, so no. Captain Falcon is the same.

K. Rool is doubtful. Ridley is a maybe. Black Shadow is doubtful.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Hell no. Toon Link is a good representative of Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker, until a newly-styled version of Young Link is shown (which very well could happen; SSB4 is TBA). Lucas is the only new Mother character... so only Ness? That would suck *** and be totally nonsensical. Jigglypuff sucked in Brawl but is one of the original twelve, so no. Captain Falcon is the same.

K. Rool is doubtful. Ridley is a maybe. Black Shadow is doubtful.
and..............GIVE YOISH SOME LOVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom