• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSDX

Wah!
I Ridley were to become a playable character, he's use a majority of attacks that consist of his tail, wings, and fangs. I don't see him having too many jumps due to a great mass of weight he'd aquire. On top of this, he'd most likely shoot a wide array of fireballs like Meta-Ridley does, except less devestating and less in supply. Some people say he'd be similar to Charizard, except a more broken version. If I were to have him playable, I'd give him that move from the Metroid games that has him stab his tail spear into the group in a vertical manner.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
LOL. Once I saw Ivysaur and Charizard in Brawl, I realized that anything is now possible. Ridley would be fine. He is smaller then Bowser and quicker then DK. He would be like Dededee. Probably a littler quicker then him too.
Lol.

He would be around Bowsa's size. Not quite as large, perhaps a bit smaller, like ya said.

I'll bet he'd be about as heavy as D3 (if D3 was heavier, I'd **** bricks) and run as fast as Charizard or something.

He's also have 3 mid-air jumps and a glide. >_>

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Sounds good for Ridley.

McSnapple, what's with the Sonic Battle profiles of those Kirby characters? o.o Your sig.

Back to business, less gimmicky stages are needed. New Pork City was a very sorry sight.

I like the small gimmicky stages, honestly. More like PictoChat and Warioware are welcome in my eyes.

As somebody said before, Miracle Fassad needs to be a boss. On this, I just got an idea.

Unlockable bosses. Once you unlock all the bosses, you unlock the All-Star Mode: Boss Rush.

It would have a few bosses from each present series. Some could even be "playable" in the sense they're big and you have to KO instead of HP.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Kill two birds with one stone.

Introduce Black Shadow as a Captain Falcon clone with heavier attacks; in otherwords, Ganondorf's moveset.
Give Ganondorf his own moveset.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't see Ganondorf getting his own moveset. If Luigi still shares a lot of characteristics with Mario after three whole games then the developers will probably stay the course with Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Falco in future installments.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Here's the thing...Luigi having similarities to his brother Mario, isn't abnormal. Like a Ryu/Ken thing. No one's gonna make too big a fuss.

Same thing with Link and his younger/Toon versions. And the SF trio, sadly. However...

Ganondorf, the King of Thieves, the unrelenting evil, =/= Captain Falcon, racer and bounty hunter. You seriusly can't find any real similarities between Ganondorf and CF.

All I'm saying is that Luigi staying a semi-clone of Mario is not surprising. I mean, like Ryu and Ken from Street Fighter 1, Luigi was merely a sprite-color swap of Mario for the sake of having a 2nd player. There was zero difference between the two. And as the series progressed, Luigi was given subtle, yet defining traits added to his copied repertoire. Keeping Luigi a semi-Mario wouldn't be illogical.

Then we have the Star Fox trio. I'm not against the idea of Fox, Falco, and Wolf being their own characters, but I can see Sakurai's "excuse" for keeping them similar...they're all anthromorphic space animals from a series where they've had little growth as far as "movesets" go. OK, not the greatest excuss in the world, but I'll take it.

CF and Ganondorf are in no way related. The do not share the same franchises, they are not alternate versions of each other like Toon Link is to Link, and there is no gameplay symmetry (OUTSIDE of SSB) between them like Mario and Luigi have. So really, Sakurai has no excuse for not giving Ganondorf his own moveset by now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here's the thing...Luigi having similarities to his brother Mario, isn't abnormal. Like a Ryu/Ken thing. No one's gonna make too big a fuss.

Same thing with Link and his younger/Toon versions. And the SF trio, sadly. However...

Ganondorf, the King of Thieves, the unrelenting evil, =/= Captain Falcon, racer and bounty hunter. You seriusly can't find any real similarities between Ganondorf and CF.
That's besides the point though; it shows that the developers aren't really that commited to changing the characters movesets that much in each new installment.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I give Sakurai the benefit of the doubt. I can't and don't speak for everyone, but so far he hasn't burnt me on his descions on Brawl.

Except with the online, and that dumb-*** Coin Launcher.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I agree, I don't think that Sakurai messed up on too much overall. My main complaints are still online, the boring unlockable roster, some of the things in the SSE, and Metaknight and Snake ****** a majority of the cast. Regardless, Sakurai decided the roster except Sonic in the course of 3 days and had almost all the characters completely programmed into the game after only about 2 1/2 months of developing. With that being said, I don't think he really plans on backtracking with the veterans too much in future in installments.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
I know you guys will probably **** me for this but I've come up with a Simcity character and stage. Maxis representation, if you will.

Dr. Wright

Physical Attacks

Normal
Neutral Attack - Swings his baton thing about, comboable
Dash Attack - Put his head in front of him and uses his 'fro as a form of weaponry
Forward Tilt - regular punching attack, low damage
Up Tilt - swings his baton in the air multiple times, multi-hit attack
Down Tilt - Breakdances on his amazing hair

Smash
Side Smash - Charges up, and releases his teaching baton thingy that extends futher to do more damage
Up Smash - charges up, and throws his baton thingy about a metre above him, and catches it again
Down Smash - charges up, and does a sort of cartwheel on the spot

Aerial Attacks
Neutral Aerial - He loosens his limbs and then stretches them outwards, in a star-like formation
Forward Aerial - Forward spinning kick, identical to Mario's fair in the N64 SSB
Back Aerial - kicks backwards, effective, high knockback
Up Aerial - Just like his up smash, he throws his teaching baton upwards and catches it again
Down Aerial - Kicks downwards, increases fall speed

Special Attacks

Up Special - SimCopter : Based on the SimCopter game released in 1996, as well as the feature in SimCity 64. Dr. Wright hops into a small, orange helicopter (like on the box of SimCity 64). It is small, far too small for his body to actually fit in. you can freely fly the helicopter for about five seconds. It is fast, and small, so you could potentially spam it to avoid taking damage, but if someone DOES hit the copter, it explodes, causing massive knockback on Dr. Wright.
Neutral Special - SimTower : Dr. Wright spawns a small building in front of him ala his Assist Trophy in Brawl. the building can hurt people when spawning. Afterwards it stays there as a wall, but can be attacked to be knocked down by others. You can have two buildings on screen from each Dr. Wright playing at one time.
Down Special - SimLife : An amount of foliage spawns around Dr. Wright, and it acts like the PSI Magnet, in that it heals Dr. Wright when a projectile hits him.
Forward Special - Streets Of SimCity : A small road unravels in front of Dr. Wright, and a small, toy-like car drives across it, causing damage to whoever it hits.

___

Final Smash - SIMulation : The trademark Sim Diamond appears above the closest character to Dr. Wright, and Wright disappears. You now have complete control over that character for some 30 seconds, meaning you can inflict damage to other players without fear of damage being given back, but if you try to simply suicide the player you've taken control of, the character is temporarily taken over by CPU and the AI attempts to recover, making it difficult to simply destroy the character you've taken control of.

Coming right up: the SimCity stage. :)

§leepy God

Smash Master
I, for one, love the coin launcher. Why do people have problems with it? :o
If people don't like coin launcher, their haters. I never seen one person that don't like coin launcher, lol. I can never get tired of that mode, I just wish the chances to get a tourphy that you don't have is more than 50% then less than that.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Also it looks like someone else doesn't seem to know that this isn't Make your Move.
Your patronising attitude is not appreciated here.

I know full well that this thread isn't make your move. This is the SSB4 thread. There will be, you know, characters in SSB4. And characters need movesets. Making a seperate thread for movesets when they fit perfectly well here is, in industry terms, stupid. It's a redundant thread.

Besides there's no rule against posting a moveset in this thread.

Supersmasher10310

Smash Cadet
I Ridley were to become a playable character, he's use a majority of attacks that consist of his tail, wings, and fangs. I don't see him having too many jumps due to a great mass of weight he'd aquire. On top of this, he'd most likely shoot a wide array of fireballs like Meta-Ridley does, except less devestating and less in supply. Some people say he'd be similar to Charizard, except a more broken version. If I were to have him playable, I'd give him that move from the Metroid games that has him stab his tail spear into the group in a vertical manner.
McSnapple, If Ridley got moves like that I would definatly main him. He would be so badass.

cba

Smash Master
Sarcasm isn't it.
NOES. Britney is also gonna be there.

and i heard whitney houston is gonna be there for sure, and her super broken Final Smash bobby brown comes out and beats her up and drags her through the floor but you get KOd if youre in a 3 M radius.

HER B(neutral) MOVESET would be like this:

Neutral B; would be desguised by nintendo as "SPORE", but everyone knows its actually crack, and no, not the drink. 16% damage. Snakes Ftilt range and Knockback.

c'mon people help.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Your patronising attitude is not appreciated here.

I know full well that this thread isn't make your move. This is the SSB4 thread. There will be, you know, characters in SSB4. And characters need movesets. Making a seperate thread for movesets when they fit perfectly well here is, in industry terms, stupid. It's a redundant thread.

Besides there's no rule against posting a moveset in this thread.
Little Smash Child, I'm your elder, so please listen. While there is nothing wrong with posting your hypothetical movesets here, its much more appropriate to post them there. You'll get feed back and suggestions there, though not so much here. This thread doesn't generally discuss what the movesets the hypothetical newcomers to Smash would be, but rather the chances of them getting in in the first place. (Along with other hopes/dreams for the game that are not character related)

So you can post as many movesets as you want here, but just don't expect much from it.

Also...

Wizpig is owned by Rare still. They only characters Rare "gave back" to Nintendo were the Donkey Kong characters; everyone else like Tiptup, Timber, Conker and Banjo still belong to Rare.
Concerning Diddy Kong Racing's port to the DS, I wouldn't be fully sure of that. While I didn't get the game, and don't know who's name it was filed under, Conker and Banjo got taken out in place of Tiny and Dixie. It would seem that Nintendo is the one who may control all the other racers in that case.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I don't get that myself. Because Microsoft doesn't have a portable system in direct competition with Nintendo, if they wanted, they could have their games developed for the DS, but the minute Microsoft comes out with their Xboy Advance PCP or whatever, that ends.

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
Did I miss anything?

If so, sorry about that.

And I think every characters in "Smash Bros" will be edited to be put into a SSB4.

For this example.

Mario
B Smash = Star Spin(just like in "Super Mario Galaxy" where you tilt the Wii Remote and perform a spin).
Up Smash = Super Jump Punch
Side Smash = Fireball
Down Smash = Ground Pound

Super Smash Lvl.1 = Super Cyclone Attack
Super Smash Lvl.2 = Jump Combo
Super Smash Lvl.3 = Mario Grand Finale
Final Smash = Starpower

Fatal Smash = Hammer Smash

gantrain05

Smash Master
Did I miss anything?

If so, sorry about that.

And I think every characters in "Smash Bros" will be edited to be put into a SSB4.

For this example.

Mario
B Smash = Star Spin(just like in "Super Mario Galaxy" where you tilt the Wii Remote and perform a spin).
Side Smash = Fireball

Final Smash = Starpower

sorry but um....what? wtf is a B smash, or a "super smash lvl 1,2, and 3, and a fatal smash? you can't just post stuff like this w/out explaining any of it.

justaway12

Smash Master
me and my friend were talking i we decided that it would be awesome it the tetris L block was in there but then we realized he would be to broken even more than metaknight so we really want him as an assist trophy and it was discussed in pokemon trainer forum if pokemon trainer was playable by himself it seems nobody like's that idea exept me i also mario's final smash isn't that good i would love it if they changed it

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon trainer by himself would be wierd...
Maybe it would be like Ice climbers and he would follow his pokemon and when one of them were knocked out, bam! He just brings out another.

But...Thats only if for some reason they change PT...Which I doubt.

An Advance wars charecter would work like that too. Sorta...well like a mix of PT, Olimar, and ice climbers...sorta.

He would sit in the back like the PT.

He could switch between infintry, helicopter, and tank. Also, he would be able to get more units kinda like Olimar gets more Pikmin.

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
sorry but um....what? wtf is a B smash, or a "super smash lvl 1,2, and 3, and a fatal smash? you can't just post stuff like this w/out explaining any of it.
B smash is where you press only B button without left, right, up, and down joystick.

And Super Smash are like Super Moves in any 2d fighting games, that's what it'll include that in SSB4.

Also, Fatal Smash, is a fatalities where you destroy the character automatically if the character's fatique bar(fatique bar is a body shaped bar that it can be a chance of whatever the character can get dizzy or get smash breaked) will go blinking red, that means if performing smash attack or any special moves while the character's fatique bar is blinking red, it can be a high chance of breaking a shield, which is called, Smash Break, if Smash Break, you can perform a Fatal Smash to kill them automatically.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Did I miss anything?

If so, sorry about that.

For this example.

Mario
Up Smash = Super Jump Punch
Side Smash = Fireball

Final Smash = Starpower

What the **** are you talking about? As a Mario main, I'm deeply offended by even suggesting to change his specials. They are PERFECT. The only thing in Mario's moveset that should be changed is his dtilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom