• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Geno and Ridley are going to place higher on the next polls than K. Rool can ever dream of. A huge uproar was caused when Geno, Ridley, Krystal, and Megaman weren't in Brawl, but I don't recall many people being dissapointed about K.Rool not being in.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
*Looks at poll and notices Geno is second most requested*

SmashBrosMike...Defeated!

Yes I have been defeated, but its been drop.

I do still think K. Rool has good chance to be in still.

Anyway although I hate Geno, what attacks would he use if he is in?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Geno and Ridley are going to place higher on the next polls than K. Rool can ever dream of. A huge uproar was caused when Geno, Ridley, Krystal, and Megaman weren't in Brawl, but I don't recall many people being dissapointed about K.Rool not being in.
I wish there was an uproar how Lip got gypped out of two Smash Bros. games. T_T

Oh well, at least her theme song's in Brawl.... who am I kidding, PUT LIP IN THE NEXT SMASH BROS!!! *Cries like a sad fanboy now*

darkserenade

Smash Ace
lol goku would **** in ssbb... he can fly up... shoot a beam at the stage... blow up the stage... and stay in the air and watch all other characters fall to there doom... cuz im sure if he can blow up a universe, he can blow up any stage u throw at him.. :p LoL
Captain Falcon.
lern2bringproof

Geno was actually in an RPG, Mike, meaning that he has loads of moves you just have to translate into Brawl.

LSDX

Wah!
=Specials=

-B Standard: Geno Beam
Geno fires a long ranged beam which can be charged, but cannot be held via shielding. Fast attacking move, but must remain idle when charging and firing.

-B Up: Geno Rush (Custom Name)
Medium startup lag required; Geno stalls for a moment, then dashes in one given direction damaging all in his path from the velocity of his speed. Once a direction is picked, his path cannot become altered.

-B Smash: Geno Whirl
Three intertwined energy discs are fired at an incredible speed doing low damage and knockback. If timed correctly, it will do moderate damage and knockback (reference to SMRPG timed hits).

-B Down: Geno Blast
Geno kneels down on one knee quickly and summons multicolored beams from above striking foes for moderate knockback, but suffers from massive ending lag. Attack strikes foe from three arm lengths away.

-Final Smash: Geno Flash
Once the Smash Ball is aquired, Geno transforms himself into a wooden cannon and projects a massive red star from his core, damaging all on screen for about 60% damage. Before the shot is fired, the player can charge the shot by holding down the B button until three red stars appear on the bottom right hand of the screen. Depending on how many stars the player charged will be how large the blast radius will become.

Sorry SmashBrosMike, opinions opinions...

Roihu

Smash Ace
I actually agree with Mike.
K. Rool should definitely be in before Geno.
I have 5 stars in SMRPG and unless Geno gets some super important role in the future, he's not that important to be in Brawl playable.
McSnapple, you've made Geno's B moves nearly as broken's as MK's.

LSDX

Wah!
K. Rool should definitely be in before Geno.
I have 5 stars in SMRPG and unless Geno gets some super important role in the future, he's not that important to be in Brawl playable.
Geno constitutes as the "WTF?!" character along with semi-old school fan-service. Geno was highly requested and was mentioned in Sakurai's journal. There's really no reason to hate a character second off, we should embrace more characters. ^_^

Also, Geno plays to win; MK ain't got jack on this puppet.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
K. Rool >>> Geno in importance and likelihood for Smash if you ask me.

Geno has the popularity, sure, but is that really THE deciding factor for Smash? Not to mention Geno's appearance in any sort would require discussion with Square Enix...

K. Rool is a major antagonist in a fairly major Nintendo franchise. Geno is a major character in ONE Mario game and isn't even owned by Nintendo. You do the math.

And no name calling. Capiche? :p

LSDX

Wah!
K. Rool >>> Geno in importance and likelihood for Smash if you ask me.

Geno has the popularity, sure, but is that really THE deciding factor for Smash? Not to mention Geno's appearance in any sort would require discussion with Square Enix...
I never said K.Rool didn't have a chance (maybe I did, my bad), he has a great chance to make it in due to the high request for villains. Problem is, there are not very many K.Rool fans, which decreases his popularity. I know for sure Geno has plenty of fans and that he had (and still does) a high chance of appearing in a Smash Bros. game. If anything, K.Rool would be a neat addition, but I'd prefer Geno; but that is only because I am a fan of his.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
K. Rool should definitely be in before Geno
Super QFT + 10char

Geekhead

Smash Apprentice
KILL MK!!!
in either way, kill his moves (add at least 2 FRAME LAG!! JEEZ!) or kill him completely.

my guess

Newcomers:
Birdo
Daisy
waluigi
Dixie cong/Funkie cong/any of that crew
Shadow the hedgehog
tails
Mewtwo
Boo (i doubt it, but would love to see)
paper mario(ish)
Dr. Mario
peppy

just my guesses

LSDX

Wah!
KILL MK!!!
in either way, kill his moves (add at least 2 FRAME LAG!! JEEZ!) or kill him completely.

my guess

Newcomers:
Birdo
Daisy
waluigi
Dixie cong/Funkie cong/any of that crew
Silver the hedgehog
tails
Mewtwo +1 kudos
Boo (i doubt it, but would love to see)
paper mario(ish)
Dr. Mario
peppy "Barrel Roll" Hare
Roy

just my guesses
Fix'd for success.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
K. Rool is the single most likely character for SSB4. Anyone who dares try prove him wrong is a fool, and he should've been in Brawl, along with Diddy being in Melee. K. Rool's more likely then Ridley due to Sakurai's hate of him. Anyone can easily be made a moveset, including Ridley, but Sakurai is of the stance of the idiotic "RIDLEY IS TOO BIG" people. The only people I'd really put on K. Rool's pedestal are Megaman, the new FE Lord, and the 5th gen rep, and only one of those characters actually exists at this point in time.

Sakurai's Poll hardly had any votes on it. That's a terrible misrepresentation of popularity. Granted Ridley would easily get in over K. Rool if not for Sakurai's blatant bias. Geno would have a shot if he were 3rd party, but he's not, y'know, actually important whatsoever unlike a big star like K. Rool.

HolyMoses

Smash Rookie
i dunno if this has been brought up (im not going through 711 pages) but how about a crossover smash bros spinoff with nintendo vs sega or nintendo vs capcom?? good idea? bad idea?

LSDX

Wah!
i dunno if this has been brought up (im not going through 711 pages) but how about a crossover smash bros spinoff with nintendo vs sega or nintendo vs capcom?? good idea? bad idea?
Super Smas Bros. Brawl is already somewhat of a crossover between Nintendo, Sega, and Konami to an extent. Too bad there's no Megaman then it would have been with all four.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Geno would have a shot if he were 3rd party, but he's not, y'know, actually important whatsoever unlike a big star like K. Rool.
Then how did Lucario get in Brawl? He's a nonlegendary 4th gen Pokemon who replaced a legendary 1st gen one. He became a popular character, even though he's not important. Geno can get in for the same reason as Lucario.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Lucario got in as he was popular, and a 4th gen rep.
Would you have preferred Bidoof?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
K. Rool is the single most likely character for SSB4. Anyone who dares try prove him wrong is a fool, and he should've been in Brawl, along with Diddy being in Melee. K. Rool's more likely then Ridley due to Sakurai's hate of him. Anyone can easily be made a moveset, including Ridley, but Sakurai is of the stance of the idiotic "RIDLEY IS TOO BIG" people. The only people I'd really put on K. Rool's pedestal are Megaman, the new FE Lord, and the 5th gen rep, and only one of those characters actually exists at this point in time.

Sakurai's Poll hardly had any votes on it. That's a terrible misrepresentation of popularity. Granted Ridley would easily get in over K. Rool if not for Sakurai's blatant bias. Geno would have a shot if he were 3rd party, but he's not, y'know, actually important whatsoever unlike a big star like K. Rool.
Opinions Opinions

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
what about adding some mortal kombat characters to this game... lol

scorpion- his grab could be his rope he throws, up smash could be an uppercut, his b could shoot his fire.

sub zero- could shoot ice, same up smash,

final smashes could be some of there fatalitys.. .:p

lol u get the idea..

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
what about adding some mortal kombat characters to this game... lol

scorpion- his grab could be his rope he throws, up smash could be an uppercut, his b could shoot his fire.

sub zero- could shoot ice, same up smash,

final smashes could be some of there fatalitys.. .:p

lol u get the idea..
lol fatalies in a T rated game?

kuro06

Smash Cadet

Yeah yeah... What's with fanboys nowadays? My favorite character didn't get in to but you don't here me whining about it.
lol Bison refrence

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Sorry that my favorite character actually has any chance in hell of actually being in, ya know. If you want to disspell reasoning and continue your petty wishlists here, be my guest.

Then how did Lucario get in Brawl? He's a nonlegendary 4th gen Pokemon who replaced a legendary 1st gen one. He became a popular character, even though he's not important. Geno can get in for the same reason as Lucario.
Lucario didn't get in based off popularity. Sakurai would've rather added Mewtwo. Lucario got in solely due to the Pokemon Company's demands. Not that Geno can't get in, but he's not as likely as the four locks I keep mentioning.

Opinions Opinions
I'm not SSB Mike. I provided reasoning, a hell of a lot better then you ever provide me with other than "IT'S UNPREDICTABLE LULZ!".

kuro06

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying Rool doesn't have a chance..hell I want him in as well. But it's annoying that people constantly saying that Sakurai hates Ridley because he made him a boss instead of a PC. I mean if he really HATED him why would he even bother making two boss fights, and remake his theme? I mean that OBVIOUSLY shows that he hates him right? if anything he could have just put him in a background of a level like he did in 64 or not put him in at all. A lot of characters that were highly requested didn't end up not making it in the roster..does that mean he hates them all too?

crewster

Smash Lord
My freind thought that ridly was "too big" to be in brawl, when I told him that there are other characters that were scaled he said: "But you must admit that he was better as a SSE boss".
Needless to say that I was angry with that.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Guys. The Pokemon roster is based off the anime. Seriously.

If it wasn't, there would be no Pikachu, PT wouldn't have Ash's voice, Lucario wouldn't be in (movie is the only reason), and Jigglypuff wouldn't have a chance in hell. If it was based off the games, it would be Mewtwo, Starter Trainer, Giovanni, Cyrus.
(Yep, horrible Pokemon roster, except for Mewtwo. Really sad :/)

So, yeah, it's my theory.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The Pokemon's role in the anime were decided on Japanese Popularity polls. Pikachu was the most popular, followed by Jigglypuff, Meowth, Mewtwo, and Poliwhirl were the most popular Pokemon when the games were first released over there.

But yeah, the anime has huge influence. That ****ty movie was the only reason anybody cared about ****ty Lucario, and now we have ****ty Brawl. :/

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
The Pokemon's role in the anime were decided on Japanese Popularity polls. Pikachu was the most popular, followed by Jigglypuff, Meowth, Mewtwo, and Poliwhirl were the most popular Pokemon when the games were first released over there.

But yeah, the anime has huge influence. That ****ty movie was the only reason anybody cared about ****ty Lucario, and now we have ****ty Brawl. :/
LOL! Says the member with a Poliwhirl avatar.

Love it or not, Lucario was one of the more popular of the 4th Gen Pokémon. If there had to be a 4th Gen Pokéy in Brawl, obviously it would be Lucario.

And as I've said for the longest, even if Lucario may be frowned upon (not likely) in the Smash community, or if the smash community is unaware of its popularity, Lucario is populary and a bit of a major face in the POKéMON community. Unlike Meowth and Jigglypuff, who were only popular because of their animé overexposure guaranteeing Jigglypuff would get in easily, Lucario is popular due to the movie, animé, its face appearing constantly on products, its roles in the games and spinoffs (since Diamond & Pearl, Lucario has been seen in games as often as Pikachu has in the 4th Gen), and lets not forget its one of the more commonly picedk Pokémon for competitive tournament play.

Even without the Lucario movie, Lucario worked for its fanbase, unlike Jigglypuff who had it easy.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Sakurai said he had problems with the Pokemon Company. They probably forced him to drop one of his many 1st gen reps for Lucario, or to at least include Lucario in addition to them. Lucario's popularity will be gone wihen the 5th gen comes out, while Mewtwo's will be unaffected, as he's already taken any hits he will due to age. Mewtwo and Lucario are on even footing to get back into SSB4, and the 5th gen rep is obviously guaranteed.

Lucario is a crappy Pokemon for competetive play, and is outclassed by many, many, many other sweepers.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Still, it sees a lot of play. And to say its crappy is all sorts of WTF? How on earth can an Overused-tier Pokèmon be considered crappy? (in Brawl terms, that's like saying a High Tier character like...Lucario is crappy). Smogon is to Pokémon as SBR is to Smash.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Sakurai said he had problems with the Pokemon Company. They probably forced him to drop one of his many 1st gen reps for Lucario, or to at least include Lucario in addition to them. Lucario's popularity will be gone wihen the 5th gen comes out, while Mewtwo's will be unaffected, as he's already taken any hits he will due to age. Mewtwo and Lucario are on even footing to get back into SSB4, and the 5th gen rep is obviously guaranteed.

Lucario is a crappy Pokemon for competetive play, and is outclassed by many, many, many other sweepers.
Sakurai only mentioned he'd had some issues with the Pokemon Company, the extent or effects of which are unknown.

Also, lol at Sakurai being horribly uncreative. Lol at thinking being able to write things on paper makes you a better designer.

And yes, Lucario is a terrible battling Pokemon, which is why he's currently in the OU tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom