• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
Mario's series should have the most reps, yes, but even Mario and friends should have a limit.

The three you suggested are...horrible to meh at best. Waluigi is universally hated, Geno can suck **** for all I care (heh...ok, for a better answer, Geno just doesn't deserve to be in...Evar), and Petey is...meh.
Those "Horrible to Meh" Characters are Sakurai's TOP CHOICES for the 5th slot for Mario! I suppose you didnt mention Bowser Jr. cause you think he will get in, or you forgot about him. Petey Pirahna was the, like, MOST WANTED Mario character that people wanted playable on the list he had for Brawl, Waluigi, Sakurai even said that since he is an assist he will not be playable, but he sounded like he wanted him in! He did make Waluigi a ridiculously powerful assist, and he would actually make the most SENSE. Sakurai doesnt like to follow what people want, only who HE thinks is deserving. (He only put in R.O.B. because he ended the video game crash of 1983. THATS pretty important.) The only reason that Waluigi wasn't in Brawl was because it would "unbalance" the roster at that point. (Making the Mario series the only one with 5 reps.) Geno, on the other hand, was the 2nd most wanted character for Brawl besides Sonic, and if Nintendo got his rights, would be the first new addition to SSB4. I just hope he isn't considered a mario character and takes the spot of Waluigi, Petey Pirahna, or Bowser Jr. I actually think Waluigi is most deserving for Mario's 5th slot, but I'd be (almost) just as happy with Petey or Bowser Jr.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Waluigi isn't that deserving- he was a from a spin off game and was only added because Wario needed a doubles partner in Mario Tennis.
He has never played a role in an actual Mario game, nor in a Wario game.

Bowser Jr. has been in several main Mario game series, as well as the rpg spin offs.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Waluigi isn't that deserving- he was a from a spin off game and was only added because Wario needed a doubles partner in Mario Tennis.
He has never played a role in an actual Mario game, nor in a Wario game.

Bowser Jr. has been in several main Mario game series, as well as the rpg spin offs.
And for the most part I think Nintendo wants to keep it that way. Waluigi is hardly even close to be deserving and Petey wasn't close even to being one the most wanted mario character in the polls. Majority of the most requested characters were from old JPN only NES games anyways.

n88

Smash Lord
As of right now, I don't think Waluigi deserves a spot on the SSB4 roster. However, SSB4 won't be out for a while. Between now and the game's release, he could play an important part in a game. If that happens, I would not be surprised to see Waluigi playable.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr. is far more deserving.

Petey is a minor antagonist at best. In the two platformers PP is in (SMS and NSMB), Bowser Jr. is the main baddie.

Waluigi has yet to have a role outside of sport and party games.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I really would like to see Bowser Jr. in SSB4, also for his Down B move. He should transform to Shadow Mario. Besides I thought of a good moveset for him. Tell me what you guys think.

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

B: Paint Brush/Goop - Bowser Jr. takes out his paint brush and spreads paint giving characters damage./Shadow Mario shoots out goop giving a Character damage.

Up B: Paint Copter/Vaporize - Bowser Jr. spins in the air with his paint brush and twirlds around paint like a helicopter./Shadow Mario will dissappear and then appear again.

Side B: Homing Shell/Paint Balls - Bowser Jr. takes out a Koopa Shell and throws it and gives damage to those who gets hit by it./Shadow Mario shoots out a bunch of balls of paint that goes every direction and will give damage to Characters if hit by them.

Down B: Transform - Bowser Jr. will turn into Shadow Mario. If Shadow Mario he will turn into Bowser Jr.

Final Smash: Graffi Pollution - Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario will laugh like a crazy brat and then take out his paint brush and spread tons of paint and goop all over the stage giving Characters a lot of damage.

like it.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I want Sakurai to make the new game. He's made the previous 3 games, and they've been met with world wide acclaim.
If you don't like the man, then why do you buy his games?
I don't want Sakurai to make the next game because he doesn't understand online play at all, and hates competitive play. We need someone who can balance casual and hardcore play to make the next game.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
heeheehee if one day i'm really bored with nothing better to do and plenty of spare time I would make the next smash and it will be the ultimate one.

one with CHARACTER BALANCE and NO TRIPPING and stuff

like melee except far better somehow

oh and I would have Simon Belmont and other Castlevania characters and stuff because castlevania is so cool yah?

it's pretty simple really

B Knife
side B Holy Cross
Down B Holy Water
Up B Axe
Final Thingy Cross Slash

his normal attacks would be punches, kicks, and whip attacks. regular stuff.

he wouldn't have a third jump so he would have to have extroardinary offensive stuff i guess

and his grab would be his whip of course and it could tether. oh and tethers won't be that auto-aim nonsense from brawl. you'd be able to aim it yourself.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
This is the way Sakurai sees it (I think):

Now that SSB has a storyline, all large antagonists put in from now on will be bosses, regardless of demand for playability.

I actually expect to see Emperor Bulblax in, if not Man-at-legs, as a boss.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Lyndis

B: Mani Katti - Lyndis uses her sword the Mani Katti and slashes any Character giving them some damage.

Up B: Sol Katti - Like the Mani Katti except more stronger. Lyndis slashes any Character near her upwards giving them more damage then her other sword.

Side B: Silver Bow - Lyndis takes out her Bow and then shoots out a arrow and any Character in the way will all get hit by it as it will go pass them.

Down B: Counter - Lyndis will lean down and her sword will shine, increasing her attacks.

Final Smash: Slash Frenzy - Lyndis breaks the Smash Ball and then starts to slash like crazy with her sword giving all Characters lot of damage that may go up to 30% or more. Lyndis keeps doing this before stopping in 10 seconds.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Okay fine.

Just curious why do people want Mewtwo back.

Come on we don't need Mewtwo. But then again. Mewtwo was cool.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Because the three primary franchises of Nintendo are Super mario, LoZ, and Pokémon.

We need the tri fecta villains.

Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Mewtwo may not be a villain, but he was consider a villain in the movie due to.... you all watch the movie before.

Like I said before, needz moar Amitie. :D

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Nor is it the happiest f***er out of Pokéland, either.
How I am soooooo tempted to sig that :bee:.

Mewtwo isn't evil, he just doesn't believe that he fits in the world, so he tries to fit in by hiding in a cave and attacking little kids who go in the cave to capture it and force it to live it's life in a Pokeball and fighting.

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
How I am soooooo tempted to sig that :bee:.

Mewtwo isn't evil, he just doesn't believe that he fits in the world, so he tries to fit in by hiding in a cave and attacking little kids who go in the cave to capture it and force it to live it's life in a Pokeball and fighting.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Dude...that's...great...

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
My villian/rival roster:

Bowser
Bowser Jr. (NO SHADOW MARIO)
Donkey Kong
Wario
Ganondorf
Vaati
Ridley
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Black Shadow
Mewtwo

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
My villian/rival roster:

Bowser
Bowser Jr. (NO SHADOW MARIO)
Donkey Kong
Wario
Ganondorf
Vaati
Ridley
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Black Shadow
Mewtwo
King Dedede isn't a villain and not evil. He is actually a anti kind of you know. He isn't evil, but he is still trouble.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Meta Knight is more a vigilante type, who will do bad things for good reasons.
King Dedede is a nuisance. He does bad things for his own purpose, but not evil bad.
Donkey Kong is a hero. He is a frienenmy at best of Mario.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Who would those six be? We talkin' Brawl?

MK
DDD
Wario
Wolf
Bowser
Ganondorf

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ya know, since Melee had 3 villains, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo, then Brawl had 6 (the six listed above), SSB4 could have 9 villains, with the addition of Ridley, K.Rool, and Black Shadow OR Mewtwo OR Bowser Jr.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Who would those six be? We talkin' Brawl?

MK
DDD
Wario
Wolf
Bowser
Ganondorf
Those'd be the ones.

Ya know, since Melee had 3 villains, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo, then Brawl had 6 (the six listed above), SSB4 could have 9 villains, with the addition of Ridley, K.Rool, and Black Shadow OR Mewtwo OR Bowser Jr.
Yeah, I could definitely see that happening.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^

Anything that improves the chances of the good King of Kremlings is a good idea to me.

And besides that, the pattern works, yay for 9 villains.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
For villians/rivals/anti-heroes, this is my list for SSB4:
Bowser
Donkey (he's one of Mario's rivals)
Wario
Ridley
Ganondorf
Shadow (as an AC for Sonic)
Metal Sonic (as another AC for Sonic)
Mewtwo
D3
MK
Eggman
Waluigi
Wolf (but only as an AC for Fox)
EDIT: King K.Rool (I forgot he existed, but he would be alright)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Three Trouble Kings

Bowser, King Dedede, King K. Rool

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
For villians/rivals/anti-heroes, this is my list for SSB4:
Bowser
Donkey (he's one of Mario's rivals)
Wario
Ridley
Ganondorf
Shadow (as an AC for Sonic)
Metal Sonic (as another AC for Sonic)

Mewtwo
D3
MK
Eggman
Waluigi
Wolf (but only as an AC for Fox)
EDIT: King K.Rool (I forgot he existed, but he would be alright)
Sorry but a Third Party series will not likely have more the 2 characters. They only get 1 which is the protangist.

And King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Mewtwo are not villains. Their not evil. They well just do their own things

Simon Mason 1883277018

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. When Dinosaurs Attack!, or Resurrection
Scientists and Robotic Operating Buddies (ROBS) Have uncovered how to Resurrect prehistoric DNA by getting it from a fossilized Mosquito that has been sucking out the blood from these ancient monsters 65,000,000 years ago.

But after a horrible mutation accident of the first Dinosaur of the project the resurrecting number of Dinosaurs has extremely numbered quickly and have escaped to another subspace planet.

Now the Smashers (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby...) come to this jungle planet to get back a secret item that contains ultimate power (Not a Final Smash), but along the the way they encounter many human tribes. Some Good and Peaceful, others Evil, Rapid and Blood Thirsty.

They find the item known as the Inferno Smash in the Tyrannosaurus Volcano, but encounter with their Enemies. Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and along with Tabuu's Volcanic brother Taurkou and the two Giant Hands (Master and Crazy) But they all get destroyed and leaving the smashers rescued by the Dinosaurs. They Keep the Inferno Smash safe with Zelda at Hyrule.

Name of Playable Storyline: The Resurrected Emissary
Genre: Action, Adventure
Type: 3-D
Rated: Teen for Blood and Mild Violence

Characters.
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Pit
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Zelda/Sheik
Lucario
Pichu
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus
Samus
Foz
Falco
Tricky

Hidden Characters.
Tyrannosaurion (T. Rex, Also a Boss Character)
Tricerataur (Triceratops, Also a Boss, Ally Character)
Raptaur (Deinonychus, Also an Enemy Character)
Pteranokyl (Pteranodon, Also an Ally Character)
Stegosaruio (Stegosaurus, Also an Ally Character)
Luigi
Ness
Lucas
Ike
Marth
Wolf
Chrystal
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Raichu
Bowser Jr.
Dr. Mario
Capt. Falcon
Ridley
Mach Rider
Excite Bike
Pikmin and Olimar
Toon Link
Toon Zelda
R. O. B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers

Third Party Characters.
Solid Snake
Sonic the Hedgehog
Shadow the Hedgehog
Ace Ventura
Scorpion
Sub Zero
Ed
Edd
Eddy

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Sorry but a Third Party series will not likely have more the 2 characters. They only get 1 which is the protangist.
That's why Shadow and Metal Sonic are Alternate Costumes for Sonic. But it would be neat to play as Eggman.

And King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Mewtwo are not villains. Their not evil. They well just do their own things
That's why I put in villians/rivals/anti-heroes. D3 and MK are rivals to Kirby. Mewtwo is debatable, but he was the villian in the first Pokemon movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom