• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Bumping this becuase I wanted some input.
So I had a crazy idea for a character.

In Tatsunoko vs. Capcom there are these two charactets who are REALLY big. So big that you can't have a second character with you.

So, I thought, what is Smash did something like this. And, tada, Doshin the Giant. He would be a big and slow moving character. You can run and his attacks move really slow. He can only jump once. The upside is he is resistant to weaker attacks. You'll have to damage him up more in order to KO him. Of course, his attacks are easier to dodge.

I'm skeptical becuase I don't think you fight in the game, but I thought it was a cool idea.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Werehog is a single game gimmick and should show up about as much as Darkspine. :O

And I think that Doshin idea is definitely an interesting one, but I'd think it'd be REEEEAAAALLY hard to balance. He'd either be really bad or really good. :/

Roihu

Smash Ace
The Doshin idea would be bad.
I shouldn't need to explain, but it'd be hard to implement that in a 4-player battle, what with all the confusion.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Oooh, do I hear talk of Banjo and Kazooie perhaps Grunty being in SSB4? Oh, nothing about Grunty? Too bad I want her in. >:)

Just imagine… Grunty's Final Smash could be the HAG1! It could be like… it could be like… A LANDMASTER! Either way, she could have a unique move set, and she'll be the first genuine female heavy character (if Melee Samus doesn't count as one). O werefore art thou, Gruntilda Winkeybunion?
Doubt it, since Banjo Kazooie is owned by Rare and Rare is owned by microsoft there's a slim chance we will see those two.

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Hmm..,I know!
Ill make a short roster!
1. Travis Touchdown - Only reason why he MIGHT not be in SSB4 is because his games intensly amazingly M-rated, but...Smash doesn't use words or blood so that kinda discounts that.

2. Exitebike guy - It be cool!

3. King R. Kool - Big aligator Vs. Big Monkey = ...Something Big...

4. Black shadow/Samurai Goroh - need more F-zero charecters. Seems like they would fit well in SSB4.

5. Baloon Fighter - He's a guy with balloons who fights. That equals epic.

6. Custom Robo - Only Robot is ROB...

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Doubt it, since Banjo Kazooie is owned by Rare and Rare is owned by microsoft there's a slim chance we will see those two.
Ah, I just got done looking at some Q&A threads that some of the cast members for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts 'n' Bolts made for Facebook, and one of the questions asked was towards Banjo and Kazooie was, "If asked, would Banjo and Kazooie fight in Super Smash Bros?" in which Kazooie responded, "…And yes, I reckon we’d be a pretty good match for some of those Smash Bros. weirdoes. So what if there are two of us? The Ice Climbers get away with it, and they haven’t had a game of their own for even longer than us…"

Here's the link to rest of the thread on Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=37120418046&topic=6330 I found that and the threads from the other few characters on RareWare's official site.

Yeah, Rare works for Microsoft now and isn't really affiliated with Nintendo (there's still some connection; look at the Piñata game for the DS), but the bear and breegull might still have a chance!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Interesting. Although, it doesn't seem as confirming as hearing it from one of the developers themselves.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
Third Party Controversy, Ahhh... my favorite :) . The third parties that will get in IMEDIATLY are Sonic and Megaman. the other ones are a mystery. No one knows if Snake will come back, but if he does, and if theres a 4th one, im putting my money on Bomberman or Geno (unless Geno's a Mario character, but that would mean no Waluigi or Bowser Jr. :( IF Geno he gets in at ALL.) There is also Banjo and Kazooie, Pac-Man, Rayman, Viewtiful Joe,(whom I STILL dont know who the HECK he is), the list goes on and ON. I wonder who has the HIGHEST chance of being the next one?

(Id rather have Bomberman than Geno, but Id also rather have Waluigi than Geno. Will Geno get in?)

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Third Party Controversy, Ahhh... my favorite :) . The third parties that will get in IMEDIATLY are Sonic and Megaman. the other ones are a mystery. No one knows if Snake will come back, but if he does, and if theres a 4th one, im putting my money on Bomberman or Geno (unless Geno's a Mario character, but that would mean no Waluigi or Bowser Jr. :( IF Geno he gets in at ALL.) There is also Banjo and Kazooie, Pac-Man, Rayman, Viewtiful Joe,(whom I STILL dont know who the HECK he is), the list goes on and ON. I wonder who has the HIGHEST chance of being the next one?

(Id rather have Bomberman than Geno, but Id also rather have Waluigi than Geno. Will Geno get in?)
Snake will come back!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think Snake will return as well. He is the first third party character to appear in Smash after all. Besides, Kojima begged to have him in Smash, and I doubt he'll change his mind in the future.

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Snake will Definitly be back.
Snake also hates Sonic. ~.~
Kinda would rather have bomberman then megaman though.
Also...Travis Touchdown for the win

n88

Smash Lord
They took Dr. Mario out so they would have fewer clones.

As for 3rd parties, I would be shocked if Snake and Sonic didn't reappear. I don't get what's so good about Geno. I haven't played a lot of the games that these third-parties are from, so I can't vouch for them. But, as I've said before, I would love to see a Soul Calibur character in there, but the odds of that are roughly 1 in 1,000,000.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
would love to see a Soul Calibur character in there, but the odds of that are roughly 1 in 1,000,000.[/QUOTE]

hell no shut the **** up i would rather have megaman in the game and i hate mageman

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Is Travis Touchdown even a Third Party?

If so who is he though.

Travis is "I think" third party, but He will only be on the Wii. If Nintendo's smart they will buy the rights to his charcter (If they don't already.)
He is from a game called No More Heroes. Sequel will be released in 2010.
It's the Wii's first M-rated game.
(Besides RE4)
(And I think Manhunt 2)
You should go play it if you get the chance.
Again, It's rated M so that could be a reason he won't make it. (Don't see why though...)

n88

Smash Lord
You don't have to agree with me, but is swearing necessary?

Also, in the future, could you give a reason for statements like this?
That would be nice.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
[/QUOTE]hell no shut the **** up i would rather have megaman in the game and i hate mageman[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they should put Mageman in a megaman game. In fact, im suprised that they didnt yet! They must make a magical rival for Megaman! GO MAGEMAN!!! "jk"

Ok, yeah. Snake should come back. Would Geno be considered 3rd Party, or a Mario Character? I know this has probally been discussed many times before, but I want to know. I dont understand why Square-Enix has bad ties with Nintendo, they recently (sort of recently, last year :p) made Mario Hoops, 3 on 3. it doesnt make sense... oh, and also, Geno and Mallow shouldve been in that game. (end rant)

n88

Smash Lord
I believe that Geno would be considered third party, and not Mario.

I haven't heard about Nintendo and Square being on bad terms, but, then again, I usually get rumors about 3 months after they're old.

gantrain05

Smash Master
square-enix and nintendo are on bad terms all because of final fantasy. it was right after the SNES era, and squaresoft and nintendo were working well together, and when the technology for CD ROM software came out nintendo decided not to follow suit and stuck with the inferior cartridge based console and then sony was released with CD ROM technology, squaresoft saw the advantages in CDrom software (better sound, more memory, better textures etc) and they decided to break their contract with nintendo and went over to sony, ever since that day square-enix and nintendo have really not gotten along at all.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
That's all in the past. Nintendo and Square get along fine now. As shown by their overwhelming support of the DS.

I couldn't care less about Geno. I want a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest character in the next game.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I hope he doesnt take the 5th Mario slot instead of a more deserving character, such as Bowser Jr., Waluigi, or Petey Pirahna.
How are Bowser Jr. and Petey more deserving than Geno? I can see the appeal of playing as Shadow Mario with the magic paintbrush, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to have Bowser Jr. playable over Geno. Petey may be a recurring boss, but he's nowhere near as neat as Ridley.

I finally understand why so many people like Waluigi. He's the new Luigi with his underdog status and being the new tallest plumber.

And who knows? Like Wario and Yoshi, they might give Geno a different symbol than the standard mushroom.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
How are Bowser Jr. and Petey more deserving than Geno? I can see the appeal of playing as Shadow Mario with the magic paintbrush, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to have Bowser Jr. playable over Geno. Petey may be a recurring boss, but he's nowhere near as neat as Ridley.

I finally understand why so many people like Waluigi. He's the new Luigi with his underdog status and being the new tallest plumber.

And who knows? Like Wario and Yoshi, they might give Geno a different symbol than the standard mushroom.
Well, Waluigi IS pretty popular, as is Jr. and Petey. Since what Sakurai says goes, Im putting my bets on one of those three instead of Geno, 'cause they have more signifigance to Mario than Geno. Note- THIS IS JUST AN OPINION!

If geno WAS a spin off mario char, Would he be in instead of K. Rool? id rather have him...

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I really think Mona from WarioWare would make a good playable Character. In fact I made a moveset for her. Here it is.

Mona

B: Baton Twirl - Mona will get out her Baton and start twirling it around. Characters who gets near will receive little damage for each time the Baton hits them.

Up B: Cheer Kick - Mona does a kick in the sky just like a cheerleader giving any Character some damage who gets in the way.

Side B: Vespa - Mona pulls out her Vespa and starts driving it giving Characters damage if in the way. Mona can keep on driving it without falling and will get off if Mona bumps into any walls or something.

Down B: Perfume - Mona takes out a bottle of perfume and sprays it. If Any Character gets caught in it. They will become dizzy giving Mona a chance to attack.

Final Smash: Mona's Pizza - Mona breaks the Smash Ball and then takes out her Rock Guitar and starts playing her song called Mona's Pizza. Characters who gets near will get damage from the vibrations and after 10 or 15 seconds, she stops playing putting it away.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I really think Mona from WarioWare would make a good playable Character. In fact I made a moveset for her. Here it is.

Mona

B: Baton Twirl - Mona will get out her Baton and start twirling it around. Characters who gets near will receive little damage for each time the Baton hits them.

Up B: Cheer Kick - Mona does a kick in the sky just like a cheerleader giving any Character some damage who gets in the way.

Side B: Vespa - Mona pulls out her Vespa and starts driving it giving Characters damage if in the way. Mona can keep on driving it without falling and will get off if Mona bumps into any walls or something.

Down B: Perfume - Mona takes out a bottle of perfume and sprays it. If Any Character gets caught in it. They will become dizzy giving Mona a chance to attack.

Final Smash: Mona's Pizza - Mona breaks the Smash Ball and then takes out her Rock Guitar and starts playing her song called Mona's Pizza. Characters who gets near will get damage from the vibrations and after 10 or 15 seconds, she stops playing putting it away.
If you dare put Mona before Jimmy T, I shall summon my dancing cat army to murderfy you.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to agree with me, but is swearing necessary?

Also, in the future, could you give a reason for statements like this?
That would be nice.
wat are u 5. anyway if they to put in a 5th mario charater is should be paper mario

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
wat are u 5. anyway if they to put in a 5th mario charater is should be paper mario
And I have a moveset for Paper Mario here it is.

Paper Mario

B: Fire Flower - Paper Mario pulls out a Fire Flower and starts letting fire out giving Characters damage if they get near. Fire will fad away after 10 seconds and will take time until it can be done again.

Up B: Airplane - Paper Mario jumps into the air and folds into a Airplane. Paper Mario will keep gliding up and down for as long as he want. When he lands to the ground. Paper Mario will fold back to normal.

Side B: Hammer - Paper Mario slams his Hammer to teh ground giving any Character damage.

Down B: Bump Attack - Paper Mario will spin around charging and any Character who is in the way will get hit and will be given some damage.

Final Smash: Supernova - Paper Mario breaks the Smash Ball and then uses the power of the Last Crystal Star called the Supernova, which will give Characters whole amount of damage making them all fly off to the screen.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
And I have a moveset for Paper Mario here it is.

Paper Mario

B: Fire Flower - Paper Mario pulls out a Fire Flower and starts letting fire out giving Characters damage if they get near. Fire will fad away after 10 seconds and will take time until it can be done again.

Up B: Airplane - Paper Mario jumps into the air and folds into a Airplane. Paper Mario will keep gliding up and down for as long as he want. When he lands to the ground. Paper Mario will fold back to normal.

Side B: Hammer - Paper Mario slams his Hammer to teh ground giving any Character damage.

Down B: Bump Attack - Paper Mario will spin around charging and any Character who is in the way will get hit and will be given some damage.

Final Smash: Supernova - Paper Mario breaks the Smash Ball and then uses the power of the Last Crystal Star called the Supernova, which will give Characters whole amount of damage making them all fly off to the screen.
i like. but i dont like his B move it should be one of his freinds from the thousand year door game comes out and hints you

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm okay with her, but I think the next Wario character to get in should be Captain Syrup.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Where's the Goku support? He would be the best character in the game fasho.

also smashu brosthas ekksu creator sakurai said hes not going to be doing nemore right? so who would lead ssb4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom