• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
listen up, i hope for is for smash to not go anymore characters once it hits 43,as it will become like the newer mortal combat ****,they could swap charaters out though
Why switch characters out? The more the merrier.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
However, Falco uses an extremely similar fighting style unlike Wolf, whose standard and most special attacks are all completely different. Granted, Falco was in 2 games, though, which makes him more likely to be carried over.
They could give Falco different A moves and throws, because Wolf never did any hand-to-hand combat before Brawl.

Uhhh... Wolf is only "controversial" because he has a Landmaster and similar Specials to Fox, making him a second, as you name it, luigified clone. That's actually the only reason why Wolf is disliked by some people, except they're fanboys of those blue wobbling boobies.
There definitely is a reason why he was to be included as one of the last characters in the game.
But you like Wolf's (and Fox's) butt, so that part in bold is not a good arguement. Hardly anybody outside of Japan thought Wolf would be something more than an alternate costume for Fox, an Assist trophy, a SF codec, or a sticker, so it was quite a shock to find out he was a fully playable character. Also, a non-(semi)clone newcomer like Olimar or ROB would of been a better choice for a final unlockable instead of Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff.

With the great difference that Dr. Mario was a direct clone with the exact same moves just a few cosmetic changes and a few "twists" statwise, while Wolf is absolutely different except a couple of specials and the Final Smash.
True, Wolf isn't an exact clone to Fox. However, he still happens to be the 2nd character who falls into the clone/semi-clone teritory for Fox. Also, Wolf has 2 unique specials?

Like others have said, comparing Fire Wolf to Fire Fox is like comparing Warlock Punch to Falcon Punch. Aside from it going up in an angle and having a sweetspot at the end, Wolf Flash is the same as Fox Illusion. Hopefully you weren't saying his Reflector was unique, because aside from it canceling out vertical momentum, it's Fox's Reflector with longer invinsibility frames and a different look.

His only special that could be considered unique would be his Blaster.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So who says that Krystal would be using her staff?
Who says that Krystal would be using her telekinesis crap?

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Wolf has a 0% chance to use a staff or any magic at all.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
But he is absolutely different in his standard attacks from Fox, and there's a lot of possibilities to change his Specials.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
But who says they are going to change his specials? In fact, Krystal could possibly have one special that Wolf could of had.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So I had a crazy idea for a character.

In Tatsunoko vs. Capcom there are these two charactets who are REALLY big. So big that you can't have a second character with you.

So, I thought, what is Smash did something like this. And, tada, Doshin the Giant. He would be a big and slow moving character. You can run and his attacks move really slow. He can only jump once. The upside is he is resistant to weaker attacks. You'll have to damage him up more in order to KO him. Of course, his attacks are easier to dodge.

I'm skeptical becuase I don't think you fight in the game, but I thought it was a cool idea.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So who says that Krystal would be using her staff?
Who says that Krystal would be using her telekinesis crap?
Who says that neither of those will happen? If the person leading the next game actually knows about the different game series, then Krystal will use her staff and maybe her telekinesis.

Explain to me why you have such an issue with Krystal being in Brawl.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why switch characters out? The more the merrier.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree, the more characters, the more diversity and fun that's brought to the table.

And Smash will NEVER become like MK..do not utter such words..

Although, MK vs. DC interests me still, but Smash will never be compared to it, never! Blasphemy!

trev94

Smash Journeyman
all this people are making list of whothet want in the game so heres mine

1. king k rule
2. paper mario
3. de blob(i dont care i would like to see him in it)
4. Kristal(idk if thats right its trhe girl from star fox)
5. Funky kong or dixiy kong
6. Roy
7. New pokeom for trainer.
8. The cat from team roket. (better then jigglpuff)
9.some one from samuse game
10. porky fro, earthbond
11. luie from pikmen ( make differnt moves for him)
12. And if you guys want megaman your going to have to get ride of sonic of sanke your pick.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
There should be a special mode where everybody is always holding an unthrowable version of a battering weapon. They can still grab opponents and pick up and use other items. A Mario vs Sonic match with beamswords would be awesome. Of course, there would be the option for one to always weild a battering item and have the other one fight normally.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I want characters who have been deprived for many years for dumb reasons.

Balloon Fighter: No mascot personality? Of course not Sakurai, but neither did guys like the Ice Climbers till you revamped them.

Ridley: Sakurai said he'd be TOO SLOW. Wait a second... Sonic says that. LOLWTF SAWNIC WEPLACED WIDLEY!?!

Seriously. Get them in.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I want characters who have been deprived for many years for dumb reasons.

Balloon Fighter: No mascot personality? Of course not Sakurai, but neither did guys like the Ice Climbers till you revamped them.

Ridley: Sakurai said he'd be TOO SLOW. Wait a second... Sonic says that. LOLWTF SAWNIC WEPLACED WIDLEY!?!

Seriously. Get them in.
Animal Crossing also got deprived. Sakurai said that there can't be any Animal Crossing fighters, because they are too peaceful. If he made an accessory for the NES into a fighter, then Sakurai could of put in an AC rep if it wasn't for his self-imposed restrictions.

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Though animal crossing fighters really? Maybe Ressetti...Or slider.
Maybe Nook (Cheap ******* took my kids away)

Ballon fighter would be uber pwnage though.
Im still fighting for Travis Touchdown though.
Also, Pheonix Wright would be sweet action.
*And Banjo Kazooie*

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
So....
Who thinks Geno should be in :laugh:?

I was only kidding there- don't mention him again please. I've come to a conclusion that the current most favourite characters are Ridley, Geno, Megaman, Krystal, and K. Rool.
Out of all the characters from Nintendo's history, the most popular are a Dragon, a Pirate Doll, a Capcom character, a semi-naked Star Fox character, and a Crocodile. I guess people like unique characters :laugh:.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I know I will be murdered for saying this and I know that it is probably and never will be likely or possible, but...

BANJO-KAZOOIE FOR SSB4!!!

Seriously... an appearance of them in a smash game is needed.... AFter Nuts N' Bolts.... they NEED smash... otherwise theirs no saving the franchise!

--Sorry, needed to vent... it's agreat game and all, but.... why the banjo series?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Is that the character from Puyo Pop Fever, Viper?
If so, I was going to get that game two years ago for the Gamecube, but I decided to get a brand new sealed copy of FFVII instead :laugh:.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Your right Jimnymebob, and shame on you for not getting one of the greatest puzzle games of all time. D:

Amitie is a Sega character, though her chances of being playable are.... well you know, at least she can show up in the next Smash Bros.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Oooh, do I hear talk of Banjo and Kazooie perhaps Grunty being in SSB4? Oh, nothing about Grunty? Too bad I want her in. >:)

Just imagine… Grunty's Final Smash could be the HAG1! It could be like… it could be like… A LANDMASTER! Either way, she could have a unique move set, and she'll be the first genuine female heavy character (if Melee Samus doesn't count as one). O werefore art thou, Gruntilda Winkeybunion?

Roihu

Smash Ace
Animal Crossing also got deprived. Sakurai said that there can't be any Animal Crossing fighters, because they are too peaceful. If he made an accessory for the NES into a fighter, then Sakurai could of put in an AC rep if it wasn't for his self-imposed restrictions.
Except the Ice Climbers aren't exactly what you'd call completely peaceful.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Get Geno, Shadow, and SOME F-ZERO character in, and Im a happy man. As for stages...anything will work as long as its not another New Pork or 75 M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom